The Palms Hotel & Spa Reviews

141 | Miami Beach, FL

141 Reviews for The Palms Hotel & Spa

• Richard

Richard S · Getting married on 11/02/2021

Perfect day with Perfect Execution!

We had the pleasure of working with Vannessa, who was amazing! The venue was absolutely perfect - intimate, cozy, and all-around amazing. Food was superb! We looked at a number of venues and the 'turnkey' offering by the Palms was incredibly simple, allowing us to focus on other planning objectives with minimal stress & time - I would highly recommend the Palms to anyone getting married in South Florida!

Sent on 02/26/2020

Joey R · Getting married on 01/03/2021

Absolutely Amazing!

The best thing that I did during my whole wedding planning process was choosing The Palms as my venue! Holly was simply amazing! from the very start, she answered our innumerable emails quickly, came up with great ideas, and spoke with us on the phone to go over everything leading up to the big day.

On the day itself, Holly attended to every little detail to ensure our dream wedding was a reality. The entire staff of the Palms was absolutely wonderful to us and our guests, everyone raved about the service, the foods, and the overall experience.

The food was even better than what we tried during the tasting and the portions were incredibly generous. Also, The Palms went out of its way to celebrate us- all hotel staff we interacted with said congratulations, they left us chocolate covered strawberries and champagne in our room, and accommodated early check-ins and late check-outs for our guests. It was also amazing that we could choose whatever vendors we wanted but their recommended vendors were all outstanding. Overall, the best decision you could make to have a stress free and beautiful wedding is booking the palms!

Sent on 03/17/2020

The Palms Hotel & Spa's reply:

Thank you two for the wonderful review. What a great weekend it was. It makes me so happy knowing you had your dream wedding.
    Please stay in touch and come back to visit (when things are better of course).
  • Ashley

Ashley Leabu · Getting married on 09/02/2020

The Palms Hotel & Spa is a Great Place for a Destination Wedding

We did a destination wedding, and we were very nervous since we were picking this place solely on pictures online since we didn't have time to go there ourselves before our big day. And we couldn't have been happier with the turn out!

Holly was absolutely amazing!!!! We emailed her every few days over the course of 8 months & she responded quickly and helped us plan the entire thing! She gave us recommendations, tips & advice. Sent us pictures of everything from layout maps to hotel views to linens & napkins. She was on it! Her fellow co-workers were very nice & helpful as well. When we arrived, she introduced us to everyone we'd be working with & even gave me her phone number to text her with anything throughout the weekend. There were a few things I forgot to think about, and she took care of it so I didn't have to worry at all. She made our stay there a time to remember forever.

The only thing I was disappointed on was the Salon the day of my wedding. I made appointments in advance for hair & make-up on the wedding day, with their verbal guarantee that it would all be done before our first look. I even called them to verify a week before, but when the day came, they didn't start doing our hair until 30 minutes after our appointment time. And our First Look started an hour late because of this, which at the time, had me in tears, because we had a time limit for everything. It all ended up working out though, and the people at the Salon were very nice. The make-up artist even stayed after my hair was done to touch up my make-up for me because I got a little tearful.

Overall, we still would give the Palms Hotel & Spa, and the experience we had, 5/5 Stars. The food was amazing, the views were unforgettable, and the atmosphere was really fun. It was an amazing time & we will cherish it forever. Holly literally made this a dream come true, and for that we will be forever grateful.

Sent on 03/07/2020

Hi Ashley! How are you?
    Thank you so much for the lovely review. It makes me very happy knowing you had such an amazing time. I know I had a great time getting to know you!
    Thank you for your feedback regarding the salon. I will make sure to share it with them.
    Please come back and visit.
    All the best!
  • Shari

Shari · Married on 03/15/2020

An amazing journey

Booking our wedding at the Palms Hotel and Spa was the best idea! Their wedding package covered things I never thought I would need, especially seeing as we did not have a wedding planner. Holly Pacheco took care of all our needs, always had solid advice, and answered all the relentless questions that we had!
    The food was delicious and the ballroom looked amazing! All our friends and family had a superb time at the Palms for our wedding!

Sent on 03/23/2020

The Palms Hotel & Spa's reply:

Hi Shari! I hope you and Harrison are doing great and staying safe.
    I wanted to thank you for the lovely review. I really enjoyed getting to know you both and it makes me super happy to know that you were happy! It was a great weekend. We hope to see you back at the hotel for a visit when possible.
  • Karen

Karen · Married on 03/14/2020

Stressful weekend, stress-free coordination

When my fiancé and I first saw the Palms hotel, it ticked all of our boxes, beautiful, tropical grounds with both indoor and outdoor wedding venues. We worked with three of the coordinators at the Palms: Yasmin, Vanessa, and Holly, and all of them were so responsive and helpful with setting up our wedding plans. We had an awesome tasting with Vanessa and the head chef to choose our menu. The real shining moment, however, was something un-plannable: Our actual wedding day ended up at the start of the coronavirus outbreak, which led to a lot of stress on our end, but Vanessa and Holly were both so helpful and flexible in helping us rearrange our plans! The weekend was stressful due to external forces, but the team at the Palms made everything easy for us. Our guests raved about the venue and the wedding itself was stunning and so much fun. Would definitely recommend this venue and team to anyone!

Sent on 03/20/2020
  • Jacky

Jacky Lorenzo · Married on 02/29/2020

Wedding Wonderland

My experience with Holly and her team was truly excellent. I could not have wished for a more beautiful wedding ceremony and reception. Holly was so helpful throughout the entire journey and provided a ton of tips that really helped me make critical decisions.

Sent on 03/08/2020

The Palms Hotel & Spa's reply:

Hi Jacky! I hope you are enjoying married life!
    Thank you so much for the nice review. It was great getting to know you over the last 5 months or so. Please keep in touch.
    All the best!

Paul Riley · Married on 02/16/2020

Amazingly beautiful venue, attentive staff

We researched a few wedding venues online before reaching out to The Palms. While this was easily our preferred venue after seeing the photos of this place on the internet, and considering the fact that we wanted a "turn key" venue where most everything was included (we wouldn't have the time to seek out and sample/get quotes from a ton of different vendors offering all the services we needed), we expected pricing for The Palms to be way above our budget. We contacted them about 7 months before our preferred date range, and even that far out, they had no Saturday dates available, only 1 Sunday and a handful of openings on Fridays. We selected Sunday since we had several out of town guests on our list, and they'd only need to take Monday off from work/school, whereas if we'd selected a Friday, they'd most likely need to miss both a Thursday and a Friday to travel to Miami and attend.

Vanessa Ortiz was our wedding coordinator. She me with us to answer our questions before we signed the contract and paid our deposit, and was great to deal with in the months leading up to our big day. Since we went with a Sunday wedding, the F&B minimums were also considerably less than if we'd gone with a Friday or Saturday so it was within our budget. We were invited to come to The Palms and sample the food and drinks that would be served at our wedding, she was great every step of the way and communications were always good. After we secured The Palms and decided which spaces here we wanted for our wedding (the gazebo), cocktail hour (the trellis) and reception/dinner (veranda terrace), we really only needed to then secure our officiant, DJ, florist and photographer. The cost of the wedding cake as well as tables, chairs and linens were included in the price of the package we selected here, though we did need to visit with the vendors providing those to make our selections. The other big bonus for us was that The Palms guaranteed us the use of alternative indoor venues in case of rain, as all the spaces we'd planned to use on our wedding day were outdoors. Other wedding venues we considered were unable or unwilling to make that same guarantee.

The staff here at The Palms were great..We had a lot of wedding decor and other items to drop off a few days ahead of time. As we pulled our van up to the front entrance, several staff were there to unload for us and securely store our stuff. On our wedding day we were given a complimentary hotel room for the night, but also a secured conference room not far from the wedding and reception areas to store our items, get ready before the wedding, etc. On the day of the wedding, Vanessa and the staff here unboxed everything we sent, followed our instructions and had everything set up and in place a few hours before the ceremony so we simply needed to check things over and put our final touches where required. Simple!

Overall we were very happy with our experience here and would recommend The Palms to others. Even weeks later, our guests are still raving about the venue, how "perfect" everything was, and giving high praise to the food and drink served by The Palms!

Sent on 03/29/2020

Kristen · Married on 01/18/2020

So Incredibly Perfect!

The Palms team was absolutely flawless in all aspects of our wedding! Holly Pacheco is so cool and a pleasure to work with, Vanessa and Paul were awesomely helpful in our rehearsal, ceremony, reception, and farewell breakfast to ensure everything ran smoothly. Group room reservations and guest arrival could not have been easier thanks to Anna Tuttle and Brenda Peison. Thank you Holly and the entire Palms team for making our wedding such an incredible event!

Sent on 01/27/2020

The Palms Hotel & Spa's reply:

Hi Kristen! I hope you and Matt are enjoying married life.
    I wanted to thank you for the great review.
    I really enjoyed getting to know you both and your families.
    I hope you will stay in touch and come back to visit.
    I wish you all the BEST.
    And by the way, I ate a half a box of wheat thins last night and thought of you. haha

Amanda Wirtz · Married on 11/09/2019

A Dream Wedding!

We chose The Palms Hotel & Spa due to the beautiful grounds and tropical resort feel it had to offer. We also loved the idea of the one-stop shop for ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception and all so gorgeous!! To our surprise the hotel coordinator we worked with, Holly, was beyond words. She was so incredibly nice, responsive and on top of everything throughout the entire planning process AND day of the wedding. She ensured we did not miss a beat and made sure everything flowed smoothly. We honestly feel very honored to have had our wedding at this hotel, we would choose this venue a million times over again! AND can’t forget Paul he also made the magic happen during the day of!

Sent on 11/19/2019

The Palms Hotel & Spa's reply:

Hi Amanda! How are you and Rob and your beautiful boy?
    I hope all is great and you are enjoying married life.
    I wanted to thank you for such a lovely review. I am so happy that you and your family and friends had a great weekend.
    We loved having you all here.
    Please stay in touch and come back and visit.

Amanda N Grant · Married on 09/21/2019

I could not have asked for more.

My (now) husband and I got married at The Palms Hotel and Spa this past September and it was the most amazing experience ever. I will try to make this review detailed, as I know that was important to me when I was looking for venues.

First, the hotel. It was beautiful. We were having a destination wedding, so we required many rooms. All of our guests had nothing but compliments about their accommodations, the common areas, and the beach.

Second, the staff. Working with Holly was incredibly easy and pleasant. Before, during and after the wedding her communication was always clear and timely. She obviously has had a ton of experience because she knew exactly what to do. We even had truffles to give to our guest that arrived the day before the wedding. They had to be stored at a specific temperature and she was very accommodating. Her assistant Vanessa was also exceptional. Vanessa ran our rehearsal and everything went smoothly and quickly.

Next, the wedding and reception venues were incredible. We elected to have our ceremony on the gazebo and our reception in the larger of the two ballrooms. Both were beautiful and provided more than enough space for our 100 guests to sit comfortably. The gazebo area was perfectly shaded for the 6pm wedding.

Lastly, the food. The food was very, very good. My husband and I weren't eating much at the wedding and one of the staff members (I cannot remember his name) reminded us to not just drink but to eat, boy was I glad he did. It was very good food. Again, I heard nothing but compliments from our guests.

If anyone is on the fence between this location and another I highly recommend The Palms. I'm sure no day can be perfect, but this wedding was as close to perfect as I could've imagined.

Sent on 01/22/2020

The Palms Hotel & Spa's reply:

Hi Amanda! Thank you so much for the great review.
    How are you and Kevin enjoying married life?
    I love knowing that you two had the best day ever. That's why I do what I do!
    I wish you all the best and please come back and visit!
  • Luis

Luis Vazquez · Married on 09/06/2019

Happiest day ever!!

We could not be happier to have chosen The Palms for our wedding venue. The location is absolutely stunning and the food was delicious! The baranda, gazebo, the greenery and beach access created the perfect tropical atmosphere we were looking for in our outdoor weeding.
    We were able to work closely with Holly, as she helped us greatly with organizing the weeding and coordinating it. We are extremely grateful for her patience, professionalism and kindness and were just as impressed with the entire staff that worked the night of our event. To all and each of you, thank you for creating the most amazing night of our lives.
    Laura & Luis

Sent on 09/23/2019

The Palms Hotel & Spa's reply:

Hi Luis! How are you? I hope you and Laura are enjoying married life.
    I wanted to thank you for such a lovely review.
    It makes me extremely happy knowing you had the nest day.
    Please come by and visit.

Brandi Peterson · Married on 12/02/2018

The Palms Hotel and Spa

There are no words that can express how amazing Vanessa and the Palms were when planning and executing our wedding. We only had 10 weeks to plan the entire event and they were flexible, responsive, and very organized. The day of the wedding was perfect with no detail forgotten. Even when I mentioned to my husband I couldn’t wait to get to the reception to get some water, she overheard and out came with some water almost instantly. The venue was the perfect backdrop for photos, the food was AMAZING, and service was impeccable. Thank you to the Palms for making our day perfect!

Sent on 12/08/2018
  • Brittney

Brittney · Married on 10/27/2018

Amazing venue

I got married at The Palms on 10/27/18. It was actually the first venue that my now-husband and I looked at when we started planning our wedding, and we immediately loved the space-- especially the veranda terrace. After touring a few other venues, we decided that The Palms was perfect.

The thought of planning such a large party was overwhelming, but Yasmin (and Vanessa) made the process as painless as possible. Yasmin was extremely attentive whenever I emailed or called her or had any questions. I did not have a wedding planner so having an attentive day-of coordinator was crucial, and Yasmin made the day completely seamless for me.

Our ceremony was outside at the gazebo, and everything was flawless. The food was excellent and we are still getting rave reviews from guests about the food.

I knew our wedding would be nice, but The Palms completely exceeded my expectations. I cannot recommend it enough.

Sent on 11/14/2018

Sabrina · Married on 09/27/2018

The Palms Hotel & Spa really exceeded our expectations! My husband and I were very pleased with our wedding. Our coordinator, Vanessa was amazing! She was professional, kind and very patient with us. She was there to guide us every step of the way and she went out of her way to make sure that we were satisfied. Overall, I would recommend The Palms for weddings.

Sent on 10/03/2018

Vidya · Married on 08/25/2018

Very friendly, and responsive staff! Made our planning very easy. Consistent communication throughout the duration of planning.

Sent on 08/28/2018

Kristina · Married on 06/21/2018

My wedding was June 21, 2018 and I must say that Yasmin is wonderful! We live in North Carolina so all the planning had to be from afar, because we only visited Miami for wedding things 3 times over our 9 month planning. Yasmin, our coordinator, made the biggest part of the planning so much less stressful. On the wedding day- Yasmin dealt with whatever hiccups there were with ease and grace! Anything I needed, or had a question about, she was there with answers and help! She made our day so non-stressful and I cannot thank her enough for that! Also, Erwin handled our room block and he made things so easy and if there were changes, he accommodated! They are just a great group at this hotel with wonderful customer service!

Sent on 07/30/2018

Angela · Married on 05/18/2018

Vanessa is the Best! She handled everything for me it was virtually stress free!! My destination wedding was amazing due to the fact of having such an amazing staff. Louie in the restaurant was amazing. Food was great, venue was absolutely breathtaking. Erwin with all his help with all our rooms was so wonderful to work with! Start to finish this was an amazing experience. Thank you all so much for making my wedding day so special and absolutely perfect!!

Sent on 05/31/2018

Maurya · Married on 05/01/2018

A huge thank you to the entire staff at the The Palms Hotel, and to our wedding coordinators Yasmin & Vanessa! Our expectations were beyond exceeded with this location. From the very beginning Yasmin and Vanessa were there to answer my gazillion questions (lol) One of the things that seriously blew our minds was the FOOD! We honestly didn’t know what to expect, although in the backs of our minds we were thinking it’s in Miami so it has to be good, our taste buds went to heaven! All our guests went crazy with the food and how the service was top notch. If we had to do our wedding all over again, the only thing I would change is making The Palms my first option!

Sent on 05/05/2018

Maria · Married on 04/29/2018

Great location and even better Team! Everyone was very helpful and very welcoming. We had a perfect wedding night! Staff did everything in their power to make sure the night was amazing!

Sent on 05/02/2018

Milton · Married on 04/20/2018

We had our wedding of our dream at the Palms Hotel & Spa. We will always remember our gorgeous dream wedding. We married on the 04/20/18. From start until the day we married, Vanessa was truly wonderful, she literally did miracle and made all our wishes came true. She was attentive,friendly, helpful. In some words, she was an all-in-one wonderful coordinator. She was present for us since the day we arrived at the hotel until the end of our wedding day, making sure everything is perfect to us. YES, PERFECT. She even went out of her way and do certain things that some vendors refused to do. The Palms hotel & Spa is a stunning venue to have an outdoor wedding. We married at the beach, had our cocktail hours at the gazebo and our reception at the veranda. The food was delicious , the staff are very friendly. The staff working on the day of our wedding were friendly and attentive to not only towards my Husband and myself, but also very attentive towards our guest. All our wedding guest are amazed about how beautiful our wedding was. The Palms was everything and all we wished for. Thank you the Palms for making our dream wedding to come true.

Sent on 06/21/2018

Danielle · Married on 04/08/2018

The Palms was the absolute perfect place to celebrate our wedding. Not only did our friends and family (many from out of town) love staying at the resort over the weekend, the wedding day went off without a hitch. The ceremony at the gazebo was beautiful. The cocktail hour under the tiki hut was unique and a lot of fun. And the ballroom looked absolutely fantastic. On top of all of that, the food and drinks were amazing. The Palms staff was responsive and a pleasure to work with. I would highly recommend The Palms to anyone searching for a Miami venue!

Sent on 04/20/2018

Elisabet · Married on 03/31/2018

We had our wedding at the Palms Hotel and Spa, my now husband and I are both from Miami and when I tell you it was the most PERFECT night of our lives, I truly mean it. Yasmin was incredible throughout the entire experience along with the recommended vendors. The evening was flawless and all our guest including us left the evening in awe. Amazing, amazing, amazing. You will NOT regret having a wedding or any sort of get together at this location.

Sent on 04/04/2018

Linda · Married on 03/30/2018

We decided to have a beach wedding and it was everything we wanted and more. Vanessa was so professional, kind and very attentive. She made everything for me very easy and was there every step of the way even though we live in California. Couldn't have chosen a better place for our special day.

Sent on 04/07/2018

Stephannie · Married on 03/17/2018

This hotel is a hidden gem on Miami Beach! When my husband and I were researching venues in Miami for our destination wedding, we found the Palms, but I initially disregarded it because the brochure pictures were not what I was looking for (you guys need to update them!). I wanted something tropical and with space to allow for an outdoor reception. Reluctantly, I contacted them for a quote, and their pricing was great compared to the other hotels on the beach. That alone warranted a visit during our trip to chose a venue, and I'm so glad we did. The hotel is absolutely beautiful, and different than the other hotels on the beach. You feel like you are on an island. Then, we met Carlos, the event manager. He had such a great vibe and was so willing to work with us on some of the things we wanted to do differently. We looked at a few other venues that weekend, and when we returned to NY, we decided to go with the Palms because it was one place that had (almost) everything we wanted. A few months after putting down our deposit, we learned that Carlos no longer worked at the Palms. Although we were slightly hesitant, Yasmin assured us that she was very experienced and would continue to work closely with us as Carlos had been. She was right. She answered every one of my emails quickly, and she tried to help in any way she could. On the day of the wedding, she oversaw our reception and even brought my husband and I some of the cocktail hour food while we were taking pictures.
    Because this was a destination wedding, many guests were staying at the hotel, and everyone absolutely loved it. From the food, to the drinks, to the pool and the beach, there was nothing but positive feedback from my guests. The staff was amazing throughout the entire weekend. The front desk staff were great about any request we had, and they were very patient when were a little too loud.
    Overall, I cannot say enough good things about the Palms. We cannot wait to go back for our anniversary!

Sent on 03/27/2018

alexandra · Married on 03/03/2018

Holly Pacheco was always quick to answer any of my questions and accommodated everything perfectly; from the planning to the day of. I had the most perfect wedding and it was due to her hard work and her coworker Paul as well. Extremely grateful!

Sent on 03/08/2018