The Mill at Fine Creek Reviews

Sherrie · Getting married on 09/06/2019

It beautiful. Tables, chairs, linens are provided. Caterer on site

• Brittany

Brittany · Married on 11/16/2018

Stop looking, have your wedding here.

The Mill is incredible. Every single person that works there makes you feel like you're family. We felt so organized from the very beginning because of all of their help and attentiveness!! The venue itself is beautiful, all of the food is AMAZING, the beer from the brewery is awesome, honestly everything is perfect!!! We booked all the cottages on site for our family/wedding party as well and those could not be better either! HIGHLY recommend!!

• W

Wilson Pillow · Married on 10/14/2018

The perfect wedding experience!

We had an absolutely amazing experience with The Mill at Fine Creek. We got married in October of 2018 and could not have asked for a better wedding. If you are considering having your wedding at the Mill but haven't visited yet, one visit will decide for you. My husband researched venues all over Virginia and DC, but we both knew right away when we visited the Mill that it was right for us. It is a beautiful place and the pictures hardly do it justice.

The entire experience of preparing for our wedding with the Mill was seamless. Throughout the planning process the staff at the Mill was incredibly helpful, guiding us through the process and reminding us of things we hadn't even thought of.

One of the biggest reasons we chose to have our wedding at the Mill initially was the flexibility we could have with our menu. Lisa is so easy to work with and is so creative in the kitchen. She made it so easy for us to choose our menu. The food was phenomenal! We loved every single dish, and Lisa even suggested a fun mid-dinner drink with champagne and sorbet that matched perfectly with our signature cocktail.

The word I would use to describe our wedding day is again "seamless." You have access to the site pretty much all day, which gave us plenty of time to not feel rushed as we got everything set up. Throughout the morning and afternoon, the staff was available to help us with anything we needed. Special thanks to Hannah for being available and making us feel so welcome.

I would highly recommend spending the marginal extra amount to work with one of the Mill's day-of-coordinators. Colleen was our day-of-coordinator and was nothing short of amazing. Every time I turned around, Colleen was ready for the next step of the night. From the start of the wedding on, I never stressed about what was coming next because Colleen was always organized and ready.

We loved having the beautiful cottages right next to the venue as well. Family and friends were able to stay there and simply walk back to their rooms after the wedding festivities. The brewery has some great food and we had a lot of fun with family and friends hanging out there the night before our wedding.

Our entire wedding experience was perfect. We couldn’t be happier and I am so glad we chose The Mill at Fine Creek!

P.S. We are a same-sex couple, and the Mill treated us with the utmost respect and made us feel completely comfortable.

Jami · Married on 09/01/2018

My husband and I found the Mill online and the first time we went to visit we immediately fell in love. Lisa is absolutely incredible and Stephanie, Colleen, Melissa, Hannah and team made us feel incredibly special. Even though they have so many couples they are working with we always felt like they gave us their full attention when we talked. The care and attention to detail gave us confidence that we would have a great wedding. I recommend hiring them not only for your venue but also wedding planning. It was the easiest, most relaxed day and we just got to spend it with each other and family and friends. Best decision we made, our family stayed in the cottages and we enjoyed the Mill all to ourselves!

Megan · Married on 05/27/2018

My husband and I knew The Mill at Fine Creek was where we wanted to have our wedding from the second we drove onto the property. The cottages were being built at the time, but we had our close friends and family make reservations from the blueprints alone.

Fast forward 18 months to our big day...the weather was hot and the skies were becoming threatening, but Colleen and staff stood ready should we have to make a last minute switch from holding our ceremony in the pergola to inside. Fortunately, the weather held out until the reception where our guests enjoyed delicious food and drinks. Many commented it was some of the best food at a wedding they had ever had. We had a special family recipe we requested be made and served with the passed hors d’oeuvres. Lisa and her team executed upon this beautifully.

The Mill takes great care to make your wedding planning easy and pays attention to even the smallest detail. Following the wedding, my husband realized his cuff link had broken and one side lost. He was disappointed, as he had them made as a keepsake of our day, but knew we’d never find the lost piece. When we arrived home and began unpacking our things, there was an envelope containing the missing piece. It’s as though Colleen and staff were fairy godmothers quietly correcting anything that tried to go astray. If you’re on the fence about hiring their day-of coordinating services, we absolutely recommend them. Colleen and team not only made sure everything went off without a hitch, but she saw to it that my husband and I were taken care of, had time to eat, and even led us to portable air conditioning to cool down after the ceremony while she bustled my gown.

Rosalie at The Provisions Shop makes the cottage experience feel like your staying with a beloved family member. She’s so accommodating, genuinely kind, and a delightful presence who was adored by us and all of our guests.

The Mill is an enchanting venue with a top notch team!

Molly · Married on 04/28/2018

Couldn’t be a better place to have a wedding. The weather was beautiful! The service was amazing and the food was DELICIOUS!!! Yummy, yummy, yummy!

This location is breath taking. So many places on site to be married. We got married by the water. My guest loved the view and the silent/loud enough sound of the water.

The staff, nothing but smiles and always helpful. They respond quickly to emails and always willing to help you make your best day the best!

The also have vendors they like working with but are willing to be outside the box. The food is a must from this location. Delicious!

Scott · Married on 03/10/2018

The Mill at Fine Creek is a beautiful location to hold the ceremony and reception. The Mill has multiple outdoor locations for a wedding, and we opted to have the ceremony in the old mill ruins. It's just gorgeous and charming. We particularly liked some photos of the mill ruins under the strings of lights. My wife and I fell in love with the site as soon as we arrived the first time.

You choose a venue because of the size and location of course, but you also need to feel comfortable with the people there that they can turn your vision into reality. The Mill's team is first rate. The Mill offers a wedding coordinator service, which we highly recommend. We worked primarily with Stephanie and Lisa, the chef/owner. The other wedding coordinator Colleen was also involved in the planning. We found all of them to be friendly, helpful, flexible and accommodating throughout the planning process. When we had a DJ no-show crisis during the day of the wedding, they went way above and beyond to deal with it.

The food was excellent during the cocktail hour and dinner. Several guests commented that you don't typically go to weddings expecting great food, but this food was exceptional. We agreed. We also had Pierre design and bake our wedding cake, and that was excellent too.

The Millers Cottage is a great place for the groomsmen to hang out during the day and also nice to stay for the night after the wedding so you don't have to drive somewhere. It's really a nice unexpected feature of the property. Try to reserve the guest cottages as well for key family members so they don't have to travel after the wedding too.

Overall, we highly recommend the Mill because of the beautiful location, amazing team of people and great food!

Tara · Married on 11/11/2017

I honestly cannot say enough good things about the Mill. From the first minute we visited, Colleen, Lisa, and Stephanie were 100% on top of everything. They were accommodating and communicative and extremely pleasant and receptive to our ideas and questions. Our guests RAVED about the food and at least 90% of our guests made a point of telling us that it was hands down the best wedding food they had ever had. Not only was everything delicious, it was different from the wedding food norm - Lisa sits down with the bride and groom and hand selects each item and cultivates the menu personally, so it is unique and reflects each couple's personal tastes. Our guests also raved about the location - I don't think anybody had been to the property before and they were blown away with how distinct and beautiful it was. I keep using the word unique because it is honestly the best way to describe the Mill. The property is extremely unique and so different from any other venue I have ever been to. There are tons of cute places for guests to explore and the property makes for great photos. We also lucked out because the cottages on property were ready for our wedding. They were AMAZING - each is super cute and beautiful and so much more special than a hotel. There are only 13, but they range from 1 to 3 bedroom cottages, so there is room for a lot of guests. It was so nice to be able to walk over to the cottages after the wedding and be able to spend some extra time with our friends in such a gorgeous environment. To top it off, breakfast in the morning at the cottages is amazing, all of our guests were blown away. The general store provides adorable picnic baskets filled with delicious breakfast. It was honestly the perfect wedding. The last thing to reiterate and really drive home is how great the service was. Our wedding party was sort of a mess. As our photographer said, it was like he was herding cats, and that is an honest and appropriate description. it would have been easy

The Mill at Fine Creek 8
    The Mill at Fine Creek 9

Amy · Married on 10/29/2017

We knew The Mill was going to be our wedding venue the moment we walked in. The venue is absolutely gorgeous; unlike any other. The atmosphere is something you won't find anywhere else. The staff demonstrated the utmost professionalism and flexibility, even when dealing with a busy bride like myself! Lisa (owner, head chef) was amazing. She assisted us in creating the most wonderful menu, while staying within our budget. Colleen and Stephanie (coordinators) were consistently available prior to our wedding, to help us plan the day of our dreams and nail down all of the important details. The day of the wedding, they ensured everything ran smoothly, and eased transitions throughout our day. Pierre did such a beautiful job with our cake. He was able to make our dream a reality; we were so impressed that it was everything we asked for. We were so grateful for all of the staff at this gorgeous venue.

The Mill at Fine Creek 10
    The Mill at Fine Creek 17
    The Mill at Fine Creek 18
    The Mill at Fine Creek 19

Leah · Married on 06/03/2017

My husband and I recently had our June Wedding at The Mill, although our experience with them started over a year ago when we booked our venue.
    I had done extensive research in the Washington D.C. and surrounding areas looking for a venue that gave 10+ hours of time at the venue and had the ability to also have an outdoor ceremony, was all-inclusive, and had a certain je ne sais quoi factor. I decided to only tour those places, and The Mill was the first venue we went to. We booked right away because we loved the grounds, the ceremony sites (they will completely turn the inside around for "Plan D" rain plan) which was very important to us. We loved that there were cottages on site that my parents and I stayed in the night before the wedding, and several of or wedding guests appreciated the no shuttling! Our guests also took advantage of the new brewery up the street, and it was a great way to keep people and family entertained prior to the wedding itself.
    The day of the wedding everything was seamless. I proceeded to the upstairs bridal suite, where there were cookies and mimosas waiting! The ability to start our day early was crucial for pictures. The coordinators Stephanie and Colleen helped our other vendors (dessert, photo booth, photography, videography) set up and took care of them all day. The coordinators were so amazing welcoming and directing guests to the ceremony.
    Following, the venue passed out sangria to all our guests and they meandered to cocktail hour and the bar while we took our pictures. My father, who is gluten-free and hard to impress, was approached by multiple staff members with gluten-free options of the passed hors d'oeuvres. Two of our other GF guests rexperiences. Not to mention that the food was amazing, even better than what I remember eating at our tasting!
    We and our guests had so much fun and wanted for nothing. You will not be dissatisfied with The Mill! Everything is first class and done with attention to detail.

Laura · Married on 04/30/2017

I can't say enough about this venue. The natural setting is stunning and well kept and the staff is just the best. The planners they have are the sweetest and so organized. The food was to die for. Everything about our big day was perfect thanks to all of the staff at the mill. This place will always hold a special place in our hearts.

Caitlin · Married on 04/15/2017

I have got to say The Mill at Fine Creek is the best venue I could have asked for to have my wedding at. They make sure everything is to how you want it, and they make you feel like family. Every moment of my wedding was incredible. The atmosphere and grounds of the venue helped create my dream wedding. When it came to the food I have to say I wish I could eat it every single day! The staff was very professional, and were ready for everything. I used the onsite coordinator Colleen, and she made me feel relaxed and calm. I knew she had everything under control. I could not have been as happy with my wedding if we had it somewhere else. We loved the venue, and our guests loved the venue too. They are still raving about it a month later. We are so thankful with how the wedding went, and they were a big part of that.

Hannah · Married on 04/08/2017

The Mill at Fine Creek is the ultimate wedding venue. They provide the best service and overall quality and the food is fantastic. We used their day-of coordinating services as well and they day couldn't have been more stress-free.

• User6458052 · 1+ year ago

Lisa and her team at The Mill are amazing. You get to customize every detail of your wedding. We really enjoyed not having to work up a plan B in case of rain; the Mill team does all of that for you. We really cannot say enough about the level of professionalism and flexibility they have at The Mill at Fine Creek.

Rachel · Married on 03/17/2017

This was a perfect venue, period. We were planning everything out of town so only had a few times to actually go to the venue and talk to someone but Lisa and her staff were always accommodating; especially, Colleen, she was there answering every email and kept me updated throughout the planning. Actually, we were in correspondence for over a year if you think about it and every response I got back I knew there was time and care taken to find the answer. To have a reception and ceremony all in one place was ideal--we had all out of towners so this was crucial to know that no one would be getting lost or there was an lag time in between events. We even had our rehearsal dinner there in the cottage site which was the perfect intimate gathering. From start to finish, this venue is of high caliber.

• Almost a Mrs.

ashlyn · Married on 12/16/2016

I almost cannot find the words to describe how wonderful our wedding at The Mill was. The difference between the Mill and other venues is the details. At The Mill, they took care of the smallest details. From snacks and drinks in the getting ready areas to always been able to answer questions to finding the missing bustle loop in about half a second, the staff at the Mill has it covered! They took care of every little thing so that we could relax. For example, they lit the candles in the center pieces and even printed a sign we forgot to make! The food was delicious, to the point my family was trying to recreate a few days later. From the moment we got there to the moments before the ceremony when all the jitters are hitting to the moments after the reception has ended and you realize you are starving, the staff was two steps ahead of us and always had what we needed (including extra plates of dinner and cake in the cottage)! We cannot recommend the Mill enough! We were so well taken care of, I hope someone I know gets married at the Mill so I get to go back!

Jessica · Married on 11/19/2016

Thanks to the talent & professionalism of all the staff, our wedding was more than we could have imagined! We would highly recommend them and Lisa!

Sarah · Married on 10/22/2016

When we found The Mill, we were immediately sold. We then started getting nervous that The Mill wouldn’t be able to live up to the hype. Everyone we came across who knew of The Mill gave rave reviews about Colleen and Lisa, the food and the atmosphere. We were not at all disappointed. The wedding was beautiful, Colleen made sure it went so smoothly. The food was AMAZING and definitely lived up to the hype. Between Colleen sitting down with us on multiple occasions to make sure our vision was realized and Lisa personally crafting our menu to include some of our favorite homemade recipes, they made sure our wedding was personal and perfect. We got so many compliments on the venue and the food and cannot imagine our wedding taking place in another location. We even had some recently married friends tell us they wish they had found this venue AND not-so-recently married friends talk about renewing their vows here! I would absolutely recommend!

Susan · Married on 10/08/2016

As soon as I went for a tour, I knew that The Mill at Fine Creek was the perfect venue. Not only because it is absolutely beautiful, but because they are wedding pros and know how to make the day go perfectly smooth (thanks to Colleen and Stephanie, the in-house wedding coordinators). The food was delicious and a good time was had by all. We also stayed in the new cottages, which was perfect. I can't recommend them enough!!

Erica · Married on 09/24/2016

My husband and I got married at the Mill this September and we couldn't have been happier! The venue is beautiful, the food is wonderful and this staff is fantastic! It was like a dream. We would highly recommend the Mill!

Sarah · Married on 09/16/2016

The staff at The Mill really went out of their way to make our day special. Lisa helped us to craft a unique and perfect menu; from hors d'oeuvres to the meal, she worked with us to make sure we were optimizing what was in season and fresh in their garden. Mark was patient with us crafting signature cocktails and making sure the bar was stocked with everything our guests would desire. And Colleen is so meticulous, she made sure all of our requests were addressed and answered what seemed like a hundred emails from us as we were in the planning process.

The Mill is a very professional venue as well. They worked in concert with our planner and vendors, may of whom were recommended by the staff at The Mill.

If you are looking for a picturesque, all-in-one, make your day stress-free venue, this is it!

• Michelle

Michelle · Married on 09/02/2016

Not only is the venue breathtakingly gorgeous, but the staff is so amazing. Lisa, Colleen and team made sure that our day went so perfect. With 4 different ceremony options and so much variety to choose from in food The Mill at Fine Creek is worth every penny. The day of coordinator services are well worth the cost as well. My bridesmaids and I stayed In the on site cottage the night before our wedding (we had a Friday wedding) and the venue was so willing to let us use any decor they had with minimal cost associated. I cannot say enough how beautiful and perfect the venue is. Can't wait to go back and see the brewery and guest cottages once complete. You won't be sorry booking here!

V · Married on 08/19/2016

My husband and I absolutely loved getting married here! Some notable points:
    -The environment: I fell in love with this venue on instagram, without having actually visited the grounds :-P In the summer, there's a lot of lush greenery, and the mill ruins were perfect for the "intimate garden" theme that I was going for. I loved that the scenery was already so beautiful and didn't really require any additional decorations.
    -The FOOD: to die for!!! Every one of my wedding guests loved the food!!!!! The Mill definitely excels at their hors d'oeuvres (honestly, I wish I'd chosen a looser dress so that I could've scarfed down more food) and the main courses were stand outs as well. I definitely recommend their crab cakes, tempura eggplant, as well as their sea bass! We loved that Lisa was willing to incorporate an Asian flavor profile to the Seared Sea Bass and all the guests loved it! If you're able to, I'd recommend choosing the $95/person option for the food. It's definitely a very cost efficient option considering all the different types of dishes that are included in the price.
    -The people and the venue as a whole: We loved how there were no "hidden charges". All prices, tips, taxes, other costs were given up front. There were no "extra charges" for the silverware, the chairs, and the linens. Colleen, Stephanie, and Lisa were so accessible and they always made an effort to respond back to an e-mail within 24 hours (even on a day where the entire state of Virginia was covered in snow). The entire wedding party loved having everything at the actual venue (bridal suite and groom's cottage) and once the new cottages open up, I'm sure that'll be even more convenient for future wedding guests! I'd write even more but I'm limited to a certain number of words :( when I contacted them in January of 2016, every weekend was already reserved except for 2 fridays, so book early!--Vivian

Debbie · Married on 07/16/2016

Truly the entire staff of The Mill really out-did themselves. From the moment we first toured the venue we just knew it was the correct choice. It was the first place we visited and we had several on our list to check out, but we just knew we had found our perfect place and the list went into the wastebasket.

Everyone was so easy to work with, flexible and absolutely put what few concerns we had to rest. The place is gorgeous inside and out with lots of options for the ceremony, the food delicious, and the assistance we got during every meeting was incredible. All follow-up emails were quickly answered. The rehearsal went great and on the day of the wedding we all felt like royalty.

I knew we were "just the next wedding on the calendar," but in reality the entire staff made us feel like we were the only wedding they had to do. We just felt so loved and pampered and cared for in every regard all day long. The personal touches were unbelievable.

Up until the the day of the wedding we had only met with the owner/caterer or coordinator, but on the day of we were fully accommodated beginning early in the day (a Saturday). And as the time for the ceremony drew near, we began to see all the staff appear and everything just come together - we felt like we were in a dream. The fine details they attended to were truly wonderful. Our guests were made comfortable despite the warm temperature, and every single thing was on their radar and done perfectly. Not a single detail was left undone. The groom's mom told me afterwards that friends of theirs said they go to a lot of weddings but that this was the nicest they had ever been to. And, many other guests expressed similar compliments.

I just can't say enough good things about The Mill at Fine Creek. Their kind and gracious hospitality got the marriage off to a wonderful start.

Anyone selecting The Mill at Fine Creek will not be disappointed.

Emily · Married on 06/03/2016

I cant say enough good things about the mill at fine creek. We selected this venue because it is beautiful and unique and had amazing reviews online. The venue itself is gorgeous and the building and grounds are so well maintained. The service was beyond my expectations; there was always someone to answer my questions. Colleen was our day of coordinator and she took care of everything, making sure that I didn't have to worry about a thing on the day of. The food was amazing, we loved getting to create our own menu with Lisa. Guests kept telling us all night how great the food was. Our wedding at the mill exceeded all of me expectations. They paid attention to every detail, and you could tell throughout the process not only how professional and knowledgeable each member of the staff is, but also how much they enjoy their jobs. We were so happy with our wedding at the mill, and would do it all over again, exactly the same!