The Mill at Fine Creek Reviews

The Mill at Fine Creek 4
The Mill at Fine Creek 5
  • Adrienne

Adrienne M Robertson · Married on 12/21/2019

Made our Wedding Day a Dream Come True!

Our experience at the Mill at Fine Creek blew away our every expectation from our very first visit. We worked directly with Lisa (the owner), Pierre (the pastry chef), Colleen (our wonderful day-of coordinator), Kendall (the hospitality coordinator), and many other welcoming and accommodating people. Leading up the big day, the staff maintained absolutely excellent communication and responded very quickly to emails and calls for every question and concern we had. They were incredibly flexible and were very generous with allowing us to change our entrees chart/guest count just days before the event due to a death in the family.
    The day of was nothing short of magical. Lisa, Kendall, Colleen, and everyone else at the venue the day of our ceremony went above and beyond helping us set up the venue and make sure that every detail was stunning- they even put together and set up all of our table decorations and centerpieces while we were getting ready!
    In no fault of the venue, there was an issue with the transportation company which caused our guests to arrive 30 minutes late for the ceremony, but not only did they do a wonderful job adjusting the timeline and speaking with the other vendors, they even gave us the option to extend the reception to make up for the half hour free of charge!
    So many of our guests were asking us how we found such a beautiful venue; many told us that it was the most beautiful wedding they had ever been to- of course with some bias, I absolutely agree! My fiance and I were absolutely floored, and are looking forward to spending our anniversaries at the cottages to 'relive' our storybook wedding. Thank you all so much for all your hard work! I will definitely be recommending this venue to ALL of my friends who get engaged in the future!!

Sent on 01/02/2020

Erica · Married on 11/16/2019

Beautiful Venue and Wonderful People

We fell in love with this place after our first tour. Lisa is an amazing chef, everyone told us how awesome the food was. She also helped us build a custom menu with dim sum, flat breads, grilled oysters, beef tenderloin with a compound butter, chicken marbella and atlantic salmon. Pierre's desserts were completely gone at the end of the night. We did a mix of cookies, macaroons, pastries, cheesecake, key lime pie. YUM. The coordinators are on top of their game. They were helpful with our seating charts, timeline and making sure people were where they were supposed to be. With our group, it was like herding cats and they got the job done. Also, if you visit you HAVE TO see the cottages. Rosalie is the sweetest lady you will ever meet and cottages are straight out of a magazine. I would recommend this wedding venue, or any event, to everyone I know.

The Mill at Fine Creek 6
    Sent on 11/22/2019
  • Katelyn

Katelyn · Married on 10/25/2019

A One-Stop-Shop That You and Your Guests Will Love

I can not say enough positive things about The Mill as a venue, as well as about the team. Kendall and Colleen were a dynamic duo on the day of, not to mention they were there every step of the way for me during the planning process. Emails were always answered under 24 hours and they were accommodating to my schedule and let me come on-site any time I was in town (I was planning from another city). Lisa helped us put together an incredible menu which our guests have not stopped talking about (the fact all food and beverage is provided in-house is truly amazing). For those guests who stayed at the Cottages on-site, Rosalie made sure everyone felt at home during their stay (the Cottages are truly beautiful and so convenient). Pierre executed our dessert vision (miniature pies) and even made samples for us to try during our group tasting. Finally, Daniel at the Brewery went above and beyond to help us select beers for our beer blending unity ceremony (he recommended options to blend in addition to letting us taste them). The team at the Mill is truly the dream team. You nor your guests will be disappointed with this venue.

Sent on 12/08/2019

John · Married on 10/05/2019

The Mill at Fine Creek A+++ Rating

The Mill at Fine Creek exceeded absolutely every expectation that we had for our Daughters wedding. They gave my Daughter the wedding of her dreams. The facilities and the staff are beyond fantastic. The food was among the best I have ever had. If you have the opportunity have your wedding at The Mill at Fine Creek.

Sent on 10/07/2019

Lee · Married on 09/07/2019

Highly, Highly Recommend

From the very first tour at The Mill, my fiance and I were sold. They are truly the most accommodating and friendly staff I’ve ever met at a venue. The entire day went so smoothly and I can’t thank this team enough for that. Colleen and Stephanie were an absolute delight to work with and kept me calm throughout the whole process. Lisa is a magician in the kitchen and our guests are still raving about the food! Not to mention Pierre’s delicious, beautiful cake. Everything was so perfect, including the cottages and the beautiful grounds. I just can’t say enough good things about The Mill. I don’t have a single regret or complaint. I highly recommend this venue to everyone, you won’t be sorry.

Sent on 09/19/2019
  • Grace

Grace Mueller · Married on 08/31/2019

Absolutely magical!

This was truly the venue of my dreams and I feel so lucky to live close by! It was like something out of a fairytale, which is pretty much what I was looking for. Both the grounds and the buildings were beautiful, clean, and pristine, the food (did I mention they have onsite catering and pastries??) was to die for and I swear I'd go to any restaurant of theirs if they had one, and the staff was so sweet and helpful all the time. We couldn't have had our dream wedding without this place and for that we are forever grateful!

The Mill at Fine Creek 7
    The Mill at Fine Creek 8
    Sent on 10/14/2019
  • Brittany

Brittany Hibbs · Married on 08/18/2019

Aug 18th Wedding

The whole team was great from start to finish even when my husband and I hit a snag with our finances. They were very thorough in checking in throughout our planning. We did our catering and that whole team was phenomenal. The food was amazing. Theres something for everyone and our cake was to die for ! Lemon raspberries. Plus we had cupcakes the same flavor and red velvet.

The Mill at Fine Creek 9
    Sent on 12/11/2019
  • Caroline

Caroline · Married on 08/17/2019

Wedding at the Mill

This venue was amazing! It’s a beautiful location and the staff was phenomenal in making sure our wedding went smoothly. They also have so many resources and services to provide that it took so much stress out of wedding planning.

Sent on 08/27/2019
  • JR · Married on 08/09/2019

Excellent!

I recently booked with them. I love this place and the owner is so gracious to still give us the old price when we first inquired with them. Their food are amazing too. My fiancé and I at least go here twice a year even if it’s two hours away from us.

The Mill at Fine Creek 14
    Sent on 02/23/2019

Lee Plave · Married on 08/09/2019

The Mill Takes Care of Everyone!

My son and daughter chose The Mill for their wedding venue - and I'm so grateful that they did so. The Mill showed professionalism and class, as well as the kind of warmth and hospitality that you would want for a special occasion. They were accommodating to the bridal party, their friends, and to our raucous family - and we are so appreciative!

Sent on 10/05/2019
  • Anne

Anne Combs · Married on 06/10/2019

Dream Come True

Our entire experience with the Mill at Fine Creek was outstanding. Our daughter is a celiac, and the entire reception was gluten free. We had some individuals with other allergies and they handled it perfectly. The food was amazing and delicious. We were told by numerous guests it was the best wedding/event food they had ever had. The staff was coureous and beyond helpful. I HIGHLY recommend this venue. Thank you The Mill for such a wonderful wedding and reception!

Sent on 11/19/2019
  • Anna

Anna · Married on 05/31/2019

Absolutely Perfect Venue

You cannot go wrong with The Mill at Fine Creek. They are really good at what they do and very efficient when it comes to weddings. I highly recommend this venue to anyone looking for a beautiful place with everything taken care of for you, and may different options to customize the space and make it unique to your wedding vision.

We knew we wanted a venue that had a very all inclusive feel where we wouldn't have to worry about booking a ton of other vendors (ie. in house catering, in house alcohol (with a wide variety of local selections), tables/chairs/linens provided, on site lodging, and a place that wasn't far outside the Richmond area.
    We were extremely satisfied with the services provided, and loved working with Colleen and Lisa, and appreciate all of their help. Our wedding was absolutely perfect, and we got SO many compliments about the venue and the delicious food. We wouldn't have changed a thing about it!

Sent on 06/12/2019

Brenda Gutierrez · Married on 05/11/2019

Like a Fairy Tale

My daughter had her wedding at the Mill in May 2019. I cannot say enough about this venue. From the very first time my daughter showed me the venue and I saw they included the tablecloths and voltives I was excited! Then when we all got there the beauty of the venue is breath taking! This place has the planning process down with such precision and from Lisa, the Owner, the Coordinators, the Baker and all the Staff, the Professionalism and attention is amazing! I have had so many of the guest say it was the most beautiful venue they have ever been! I'm a bit sad that the wedding is over because I'll miss going there! Another amazing aspect is the bridal party, families and guest can stay at the cottages which are located right on property! Rosalie in the Provisions is amazing! And, the rooms and take away basket breakfast is top notch! Do not leave without checking if they have some of their homemade salted caramels! Definitely add the Mill to your list to check out. I'm sure you will get that feeling as we all did when we first saw this venue!

The Mill at Fine Creek 15
    The Mill at Fine Creek 16
    Sent on 06/27/2019
  • Kendall

Kendall · Married on 03/30/2019

The Perfect Venue

As soon as I toured the Mill at Fine Creek I knew it was the perfect venue for my wedding this past March. I couldn't have asked for a more organized and amazing experience. Colleen did a fantastic job as the coordinator for the event. The food and pastries, also done by chefs at the Mill, was delicious. We got so many compliments on both the beautiful venue and the delicious food. Overall, this was a fantastic venue that I would definitely recommend.

The Mill at Fine Creek 17
    The Mill at Fine Creek 18
    The Mill at Fine Creek 19
    Sent on 05/30/2019
  • Alexa

Alexa · Married on 03/24/2019

No stress for us, a beautiful day!

As a couple who was weary about the planning process and wanted to get married in less than 6 months we were nervous as things began but choosing The Mill was the best choice we made throughout the process! We didn't have any idea what we were doing, or what was next on the to-do list but working with Colleen and the rest of the staff filled us with such a peace. With flexibility in every area, a wide knowledge of vendor connections, a beautiful space inside and out, and an amazing onsite Coordinator that knows the venue so well, we had the most beautiful wedding day. We can't say enough kind words, this is totally your venue!

Sent on 04/15/2019
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 11/16/2018

Stop looking, have your wedding here.

The Mill is incredible. Every single person that works there makes you feel like you're family. We felt so organized from the very beginning because of all of their help and attentiveness!! The venue itself is beautiful, all of the food is AMAZING, the beer from the brewery is awesome, honestly everything is perfect!!! We booked all the cottages on site for our family/wedding party as well and those could not be better either! HIGHLY recommend!!

Sent on 12/13/2018
  • Wilson

Wilson Pillow · Married on 10/14/2018

The perfect wedding experience!

We had an absolutely amazing experience with The Mill at Fine Creek. We got married in October of 2018 and could not have asked for a better wedding. If you are considering having your wedding at the Mill but haven't visited yet, one visit will decide for you. My husband researched venues all over Virginia and DC, but we both knew right away when we visited the Mill that it was right for us. It is a beautiful place and the pictures hardly do it justice.

The entire experience of preparing for our wedding with the Mill was seamless. Throughout the planning process the staff at the Mill was incredibly helpful, guiding us through the process and reminding us of things we hadn't even thought of.

One of the biggest reasons we chose to have our wedding at the Mill initially was the flexibility we could have with our menu. Lisa is so easy to work with and is so creative in the kitchen. She made it so easy for us to choose our menu. The food was phenomenal! We loved every single dish, and Lisa even suggested a fun mid-dinner drink with champagne and sorbet that matched perfectly with our signature cocktail.

The word I would use to describe our wedding day is again "seamless." You have access to the site pretty much all day, which gave us plenty of time to not feel rushed as we got everything set up. Throughout the morning and afternoon, the staff was available to help us with anything we needed. Special thanks to Hannah for being available and making us feel so welcome.

I would highly recommend spending the marginal extra amount to work with one of the Mill's day-of-coordinators. Colleen was our day-of-coordinator and was nothing short of amazing. Every time I turned around, Colleen was ready for the next step of the night. From the start of the wedding on, I never stressed about what was coming next because Colleen was always organized and ready.

We loved having the beautiful cottages right next to the venue as well. Family and friends were able to stay there and simply walk back to their rooms after the wedding festivities. The brewery has some great food and we had a lot of fun with family and friends hanging out there the night before our wedding.

Our entire wedding experience was perfect. We couldn’t be happier and I am so glad we chose The Mill at Fine Creek!

P.S. We are a same-sex couple, and the Mill treated us with the utmost respect and made us feel completely comfortable.

Sent on 11/19/2018

Elisabeth · Married on 09/15/2018

The perfect wedding with a hurricane in the Carolinas!

The Mill at Fine Creek is a unique venue that gave my husband and I exactly what we were looking for in a wedding venue. We loved the ruins, the river, the cottages, and the brewery. Their team was extraordinary from start to finish and made our jobs easy. Our parents didn’t help with the planning so we took on the whole wedding on our own. Colleen and Stephanie were friendly and responsive, and helped us every steps of the way and answered all our questions. The week of our wedding a hurricane was heading our way and ended up hitting the Carolinas instead. Their team was prepared in case of everything; umbrellas, backup generator, etc. They reassured me and we talked about all the possible outcomes. My husband and I ended up having the wedding of our dreams, outside in the ruins. It was perfect and I know that the Mill’s team’s hard work was all behind it. The food was amazing and all my vegan/vegetarian friends were thrilled by the options offered. Thank you for the support, help and the hard work. We would recommend this amazing venue to anyone.

The Mill at Fine Creek 20
    The Mill at Fine Creek 21
    The Mill at Fine Creek 22
    The Mill at Fine Creek 23
    Sent on 12/20/2018

Jami · Married on 09/01/2018

My husband and I found the Mill online and the first time we went to visit we immediately fell in love. Lisa is absolutely incredible and Stephanie, Colleen, Melissa, Hannah and team made us feel incredibly special. Even though they have so many couples they are working with we always felt like they gave us their full attention when we talked. The care and attention to detail gave us confidence that we would have a great wedding. I recommend hiring them not only for your venue but also wedding planning. It was the easiest, most relaxed day and we just got to spend it with each other and family and friends. Best decision we made, our family stayed in the cottages and we enjoyed the Mill all to ourselves!

Sent on 09/09/2018

Megan · Married on 05/27/2018

My husband and I knew The Mill at Fine Creek was where we wanted to have our wedding from the second we drove onto the property. The cottages were being built at the time, but we had our close friends and family make reservations from the blueprints alone.

Fast forward 18 months to our big day...the weather was hot and the skies were becoming threatening, but Colleen and staff stood ready should we have to make a last minute switch from holding our ceremony in the pergola to inside. Fortunately, the weather held out until the reception where our guests enjoyed delicious food and drinks. Many commented it was some of the best food at a wedding they had ever had. We had a special family recipe we requested be made and served with the passed hors d’oeuvres. Lisa and her team executed upon this beautifully.

The Mill takes great care to make your wedding planning easy and pays attention to even the smallest detail. Following the wedding, my husband realized his cuff link had broken and one side lost. He was disappointed, as he had them made as a keepsake of our day, but knew we’d never find the lost piece. When we arrived home and began unpacking our things, there was an envelope containing the missing piece. It’s as though Colleen and staff were fairy godmothers quietly correcting anything that tried to go astray. If you’re on the fence about hiring their day-of coordinating services, we absolutely recommend them. Colleen and team not only made sure everything went off without a hitch, but she saw to it that my husband and I were taken care of, had time to eat, and even led us to portable air conditioning to cool down after the ceremony while she bustled my gown.

Rosalie at The Provisions Shop makes the cottage experience feel like your staying with a beloved family member. She’s so accommodating, genuinely kind, and a delightful presence who was adored by us and all of our guests.

The Mill is an enchanting venue with a top notch team!

Sent on 06/03/2018

Molly · Married on 04/28/2018

Couldn’t be a better place to have a wedding. The weather was beautiful! The service was amazing and the food was DELICIOUS!!! Yummy, yummy, yummy!

This location is breath taking. So many places on site to be married. We got married by the water. My guest loved the view and the silent/loud enough sound of the water.

The staff, nothing but smiles and always helpful. They respond quickly to emails and always willing to help you make your best day the best!

The also have vendors they like working with but are willing to be outside the box. The food is a must from this location. Delicious!

Sent on 07/14/2018

Scott · Married on 03/10/2018

The Mill at Fine Creek is a beautiful location to hold the ceremony and reception. The Mill has multiple outdoor locations for a wedding, and we opted to have the ceremony in the old mill ruins. It's just gorgeous and charming. We particularly liked some photos of the mill ruins under the strings of lights. My wife and I fell in love with the site as soon as we arrived the first time.

You choose a venue because of the size and location of course, but you also need to feel comfortable with the people there that they can turn your vision into reality. The Mill's team is first rate. The Mill offers a wedding coordinator service, which we highly recommend. We worked primarily with Stephanie and Lisa, the chef/owner. The other wedding coordinator Colleen was also involved in the planning. We found all of them to be friendly, helpful, flexible and accommodating throughout the planning process. When we had a DJ no-show crisis during the day of the wedding, they went way above and beyond to deal with it.

The food was excellent during the cocktail hour and dinner. Several guests commented that you don't typically go to weddings expecting great food, but this food was exceptional. We agreed. We also had Pierre design and bake our wedding cake, and that was excellent too.

The Millers Cottage is a great place for the groomsmen to hang out during the day and also nice to stay for the night after the wedding so you don't have to drive somewhere. It's really a nice unexpected feature of the property. Try to reserve the guest cottages as well for key family members so they don't have to travel after the wedding too.

Overall, we highly recommend the Mill because of the beautiful location, amazing team of people and great food!

Sent on 03/13/2018

Tara · Married on 11/11/2017

I honestly cannot say enough good things about the Mill. From the first minute we visited, Colleen, Lisa, and Stephanie were 100% on top of everything. They were accommodating and communicative and extremely pleasant and receptive to our ideas and questions. Our guests RAVED about the food and at least 90% of our guests made a point of telling us that it was hands down the best wedding food they had ever had. Not only was everything delicious, it was different from the wedding food norm - Lisa sits down with the bride and groom and hand selects each item and cultivates the menu personally, so it is unique and reflects each couple's personal tastes. Our guests also raved about the location - I don't think anybody had been to the property before and they were blown away with how distinct and beautiful it was. I keep using the word unique because it is honestly the best way to describe the Mill. The property is extremely unique and so different from any other venue I have ever been to. There are tons of cute places for guests to explore and the property makes for great photos. We also lucked out because the cottages on property were ready for our wedding. They were AMAZING - each is super cute and beautiful and so much more special than a hotel. There are only 13, but they range from 1 to 3 bedroom cottages, so there is room for a lot of guests. It was so nice to be able to walk over to the cottages after the wedding and be able to spend some extra time with our friends in such a gorgeous environment. To top it off, breakfast in the morning at the cottages is amazing, all of our guests were blown away. The general store provides adorable picnic baskets filled with delicious breakfast. It was honestly the perfect wedding. The last thing to reiterate and really drive home is how great the service was. Our wedding party was sort of a mess. As our photographer said, it was like he was herding cats, and that is an honest and appropriate description. it would have been easy

The Mill at Fine Creek 24
    The Mill at Fine Creek 25
    Sent on 12/15/2017

Amy · Married on 10/29/2017

We knew The Mill was going to be our wedding venue the moment we walked in. The venue is absolutely gorgeous; unlike any other. The atmosphere is something you won't find anywhere else. The staff demonstrated the utmost professionalism and flexibility, even when dealing with a busy bride like myself! Lisa (owner, head chef) was amazing. She assisted us in creating the most wonderful menu, while staying within our budget. Colleen and Stephanie (coordinators) were consistently available prior to our wedding, to help us plan the day of our dreams and nail down all of the important details. The day of the wedding, they ensured everything ran smoothly, and eased transitions throughout our day. Pierre did such a beautiful job with our cake. He was able to make our dream a reality; we were so impressed that it was everything we asked for. We were so grateful for all of the staff at this gorgeous venue.

The Mill at Fine Creek 26
    The Mill at Fine Creek 34
    The Mill at Fine Creek 35
    Sent on 12/28/2017

Leah · Married on 06/03/2017

My husband and I recently had our June Wedding at The Mill, although our experience with them started over a year ago when we booked our venue.
    I had done extensive research in the Washington D.C. and surrounding areas looking for a venue that gave 10+ hours of time at the venue and had the ability to also have an outdoor ceremony, was all-inclusive, and had a certain je ne sais quoi factor. I decided to only tour those places, and The Mill was the first venue we went to. We booked right away because we loved the grounds, the ceremony sites (they will completely turn the inside around for "Plan D" rain plan) which was very important to us. We loved that there were cottages on site that my parents and I stayed in the night before the wedding, and several of or wedding guests appreciated the no shuttling! Our guests also took advantage of the new brewery up the street, and it was a great way to keep people and family entertained prior to the wedding itself.
    The day of the wedding everything was seamless. I proceeded to the upstairs bridal suite, where there were cookies and mimosas waiting! The ability to start our day early was crucial for pictures. The coordinators Stephanie and Colleen helped our other vendors (dessert, photo booth, photography, videography) set up and took care of them all day. The coordinators were so amazing welcoming and directing guests to the ceremony.
    Following, the venue passed out sangria to all our guests and they meandered to cocktail hour and the bar while we took our pictures. My father, who is gluten-free and hard to impress, was approached by multiple staff members with gluten-free options of the passed hors d'oeuvres. Two of our other GF guests rexperiences. Not to mention that the food was amazing, even better than what I remember eating at our tasting!
    We and our guests had so much fun and wanted for nothing. You will not be dissatisfied with The Mill! Everything is first class and done with attention to detail.

Sent on 06/13/2017