The Happy Hour Hostess Reviews

View more information

• Hallie
    Hallie E. Married on 04/24/2021

Carrie and the entire HHH team are PHENOMENAL

Where do I even begin??? Carrie and the entire HHH team are PHENOMENAL. My sister got married 5 years ago and used a different planner. While it all went ok, I can say from experience that Carrie is top. notch. The best in the biz. She was arguably even more excited about our wedding than we were and it made me realize what a special season of life this is and how we could make our wedding dreams come true. Her warmth and excitement combined with her calmness and professionalism is perfect. She is well-versed, connected, and beloved by other vendors in the industry. She will navigate all aspects of your day and leading up to your day with ease. She worked very closely with my mom and was a huge help to MOB and bride :) She asks the right questions you’d never think to ask and juggles multiple items and tasks all the while making YOU feel like the most special bride and being present with you in your vendor meetings and beyond. Always a text, email or call away too. And let me be clear—Krystinia and her entire team are ON. POINT. too. It shows that Carrie is an A+ business owner and expert planner and she trains and grows all the rest of her talent. Carrie is so likeable, so knowledgeable, and she positively builds up all those around her whether it’s her coworkers, colleagues in the industry, family of the bride or groom, strangers, you name it. This is the kind of planner you want to entrust with your wedding. I don’t even need to go into minute detail because I can just say Carrie had all the details and pivoting down! Especially as we shifted, downsized, postponed our reception, all the things, because of COVID. Carrie did not miss a beat and our day was PERFECT. Hire her already!!!! My husband and I love The Happy Hour Hostess!!
  • Emma
    Emma M. Married on 10/26/2019

Much more than Planners

My husband and I are both incredibly busy and live in separate cities for work, so we knew we needed a wedding planner. We met Carrie and Krystinia at a bridal expo in Norfolk. Over the year of planning, Carrie and Krystinia became two of the most important women in my life. They made all my impossible vision come true and were just rock-solid all-stars who were available to talk whenever and be a shoulder to lean on. They conquered obstacle after obstacle of my crazy vision and made it a reality with such ease. They talk about post-wedding blues because of the come-down after such a huge event, but my post-wedding blues were the reality that we wouldn't be in constant communication anymore. The team at The Happy Hour Hostess is the best in the business if you want people who genuinely care about relationships and making your day perfect.
  • DJ Hype
    Dj Hype (. Married on 08/09/2019

Professional - thorough - attentive

As a professional Wedding DJ, I have worked with The Happy Hour Hostess Wedding Team on numerous weddings....most recently on 9 August 2019 at the Historic Post Office. Krystinia Carney was the Team Lead and she was phenominal. Krystinia kept all vendors informed and ensured all facets of the client's wedding ceremony, cocktail hour & reception were flawless. If you're searching for a wedding coordination team that will relieve the stresses associated with planning your wedding, look no further than The Happy Hour Hostess.
    Rachel Married on 10/13/2018

Thank you!

I first debated whether or not I would need a wedding coordinator for my recent October wedding. This was mainly due to the fact that I was having a great time picking my vendors and organizing my special day. I decided to hire a wedding coordinator particularly for support and organization during the big day, and to make sure my mom and sister were able to enjoy the day with me (and without a coordinator, I knew they would be running around for me). Carrie was recommended to me by our planner for the rehearsal dinner venue. The planner said “I just know you will get along!” and we did! I reached out to Carrie and she gave a very detailed description of her wedding services and what to expect between the packages. I was not pressured to pick the most expensive package and during our first call, I knew Carrie would be the perfect person to help with my wedding. She was always friendly, calm, professional, and realistic about plans. She let me make my choices but was also there to give sound advice based on her experience. She was always present when I needed her, but also never pushy and really understood what I wanted for my wedding day. When I began to feel stressed, Carrie had a good answer and I felt good about the big day. Carrie went above and beyond the expectations. My wedding party had beautiful timelines that kept everything organized…not a single detail missed! We were moving from hotel suite to church to another reception venue so many moving pieces that went flawlessly…I am sure mainly due to Carrie keeping myself and the vendors informed and on schedule. I appreciated that she communicated so well with my vendors, particularly when we were getting closer to the wedding day, I was finding I forgot to pass something on, and Carrie already had it covered. During the day, Carrie took care of us and the wedding party. She helped make sure we enjoyed all the special events we spent so much time planning while also visiting with friends and family. The next day, many members of my wedding party talked about how great Carrie was, some who were recently married who said she was the best compared to others! My mom said she doesn’t know what we would have done without her. She is right! I absolutely recommend Carrie for your wedding needs. Thank you, Carrie and the HH Hostess team for helping to make my day so perfect!
    Carolyn Married on 09/22/2018
    Let me preface this by saying that my wife is in the event coordinating/planning industry, so Carrie and crew probably started with a little bit of an uphill battle. However, Carrie far surpassed any and all expectations that we had! We hired her for month-of services and got much more than that. Carrie took the time to get to know us and our vision for our big day and then followed through with precision and attention to detail that surpassed our high expectations. Beyond ensuring that we got exactly what we wanted out of the dozen or so vendors we hired, Carrie became a confidant and someone that we could bounce ideas off of and get the value of her experience expressed in all of the little details that we knew would sneak up on us as the wedding approached. She truly became the conduit through which our dream came alive. Both of us took a couple of days off work prior to the wedding with the expectation that we would be really busy and finalizing details and putting out fires…but I found myself with nothing to do (except spend time with all of our guests who traveled to celebrate with us). Carrie took the load off as the day approached so that we could spend the time we wanted to with the people we love.
    As for the actual day-of, Carrie was a rock star. Her calming presence was absolutely reassuring and she made us feel positive that everything was going to be perfect. By the time the ceremony and reception came around, she actually knew some of the people’s personalities in our wedding party. She’s super observant and had great input throughout the process. If you’ve read this far, then you should already know this but, you should absolutely 100% use Carrie and HHH as your coordinator and planner.
    Kristine Married on 05/19/2018
    Carrie and her team are absolutely amazing! They executed my vision for my wedding and my day was absolutely perfect. Every one of my guests complimented how amazing my coordinator Melanie was and how everything was simply amazing. If you are in doubt about having a wedding coordinator, do yourself a favor and hire The Happy Hour Hostess. I cannot say enough great things about them. I am sad that my wedding is over because I miss chatting with them. Thank you all so much for such a fantastic job!!! ♥ xoxo