The Fish House, Atlas, and Deck Bar Reviews

10 | Pensacola, FL

10 Reviews for The Fish House, Atlas, and Deck Bar

Amanda · Married on 09/12/2015

I hired The Fish House to provide the catering for our wedding reception and I cannot say enough about how superb the food and service was for this event!! Melissa at The Fish House was an absolute joy to work with in planning the food and drinks and she was very efficient in her correspondence. The staff from The Fish House that worked the reception were completely professional, friendly, and the quality of service was bar none! I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for great food, great service, great quality and beautiful displays!

Sent on 09/21/2015

Sarah · Married on 06/12/2015

The food and services were amazing! We used their bartenders as well and they did a fantastic job. Everyone loves the food and had a good time with the bartenders!

Sent on 06/18/2015

Carolyn · Married on 05/16/2015

Great Southern Catering did an amazing job for our wedding reception. Not only was the food incredible, but the presentation was more than we ever expected. The beautiful copper servers fit right in with our reception décor. The staff was very professional and put together everything we needed without any problems. Even when we had a hiccup with some items we needed to order, Melissa Bailey was right on top of it and solved the issue with ease. Melissa has been a joy to work with right from our first meeting. We would recommend Great Southern for any catered event and definitely for a wedding. Our guests have told us it is the best food they have ever had at a wedding reception.

Sent on 05/20/2015

Shea · Married on 06/14/2014

The Fish House was an easy place to choose to cater our wedding. No other catering business in town would not only have produced the delicious quality of food on our wedding day, but also have such an amazing and helpful manager. Melissa was so easy to work with from day one and helped us create a buffet menu that our guests are still raving about even today! In addition, Atlas deck hosted our rehearsal dinner party. We couldn't have picked a better location! If I had to do it all over again, I would choose the Fish House/Atlas a hundred times! :)

Sent on 07/14/2014

Rose · Married on 03/02/2013

Melissa was awesome at helping us pick out the food we wanted at a price that worked for us. She also helped us with a great rehearsal dinner. She has such a great knowledge of event planning in this area that she was able to give us support and ideas when last minute things came up, like a 15 degree drop in temperature and a last minute need for heaters!

Sent on 03/14/2013

Karen · Married on 12/30/2012

The fish house is hands down my favorite restaurant in Pensacola and always has been, the grits and yaya had our outa town guests ready to pack up and move to Florida!!
    Although it was almost by accident just last minute arrangements suggested by our planner for a very short notice military wedding we ended up having our reception here it seemed a little more like fate :) the food was wonderful and the staff went above and beyond to make us and our guests happy!

Sent on 01/06/2013

Beth · Married on 06/09/2012

We had a small wedding, only having 25 people, including the wedding party attend. Jackson's is the perfect place to have a great sit down reception for a small wedding. They came through in every way possible. The day of our wedding Pensacola, saw the most rain since 1887, and Jackson's lost power. Our ceremony was at 5 o'clock and around 4:20 Jackson's calls me. They very calmly explained what had happened and they were working with Gulf Power to get everything turned back on. They said please come for cocktails and we will pray the power comes back on. After our ceremony our guests headed to Jackson's around 6:15. They said they spend 10 minutes without power, but Jackson's still served cold O'horderves and cocktails to everyone. Around 6:30 the power came back on, and by 7:00 when my husband and I arrived everything was set like nothing had ever happened. Our glasses were never empty, they went out of their way to make all our guests comfortable. The food was AMAZING!! We enjoyed every second of our reception and Jackson's treats you like the most important person in the world.

Sent on 06/14/2012

Sarah · Married on 10/09/2016

We used the Captain's Room at Atlas for our rehearsal dinner and it was absolutely perfect. We were looking for an intimate setting with delicious seafood and Southern selections, and Melissa and the Atlas crew definitely delivered. We had about 30 people in attendance, and a menu consisting of two salads or soup, several different entrées, and some desserts. Everything came out fresh and delicious, and they even accommodated my GF and vegetarian guests. The servers were highly attentive and the food came out at a good pace. Highly recommend for an excellent and memorable rehearsal dinner experience!

Sent on 10/14/2016

Danielle · Married on 05/04/2013

Had my wedding dinner here out on the deck under a tent ... the food was absolutely amazing and so wasn't the atmosphere! Melissa was great to work with ... she answered all 10000 of my emails! :)

Sent on 12/28/2013

3.0

The Fish House was one of the sponsors that was included in the Pensacola Block Party Wedding that my wife and I won. We were given a budget for 100 people. Which was generous, but is really not enough to provide food and beverages for 100 guests. We met with the catering manager who was very professional and helpful and we designed a menu that we were happy based on recommendations from the catering manager. The catering turned out pretty good, the food tasted good and there seemed to be enough to go around. However, I was surprised that the caterer was not able to provide any dining ware including, plates, glasses, utenstils, linens, or non-alcohol drinks. When we had previously met with caterers, all of the previously mentioned items were included in the estimate which was similar in price to their estimate without any of these. At the end, we were happy with the catering, however, we were told that a box would be made for each of us to take after the wedding because the bride/groom normally don't have time to eat. Unfortunately this did not happen and if there were any leftovers, they were trashed instead of saved for us to take home with us. Also, we had 3 appetizers that were passed out as our guests started arriving and we did not get to try any of these either. I wish a few would have been saved for my wife and I. All in all, the food was good, the responsiveness of the catering manager was good and professional, but I just wish we would have had some food to take with us because we were both starving after the reception.

Sent on 02/20/2013