The Boathouse at Rocketts Landing Reviews

53 | Richmond, VA

53 Reviews for The Boathouse at Rocketts Landing

Ali Becker · Getting married on 05/06/2021

Excellent Experience

I got married 6 months ago at The Boathouse at Rocketts Landing and we had a wonderful experience from the initial meeting up until the wedding reception. We worked closely with our wedding coordinator, Alli Carney. She was so easy to work with and responded quickly to all of our questions. The day of the wedding reception, she made sure everything ran smoothly and was directly involved every step of the way. As the bride and the mother of the bride, we did not have to worry about one thing and Alli made sure we were taken care of and pleased with the service and overall experience.

The venue and service overall were perfect for a wedding. We had many people who attended comment on the beautiful venue and views. The food was perfect and many people commented on how delicious their meal was as well. The service overall, from Alli to the waiters to the bartenders, was more than we expected. Everyone was organized, friendly, and efficient.

We highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 12/30/2019
  • Erin

Erin · Married on 11/10/2019

Wish I could give more than 5 stars!

The Boathouse is hands down the best place to get married! Where do I start? Such a modern unique building right on the water, with excellent food and amazing wonderful people. Everything about the Boathouse was perfect. They are so good at doing weddings, they took all of the pressure off which was greatly appreciated. They were VERY quick to respond to my million emails throughout the entire process. The day of the wedding everything went so smoothly thanks to the coordinator. I am so thankful for the Boathouse. They made my dream wedding come true. THANK YOU!

Sent on 12/01/2019
  • Lea

Lea · Married on 10/26/2019

Perfect Wedding Venue

We chose The Boathouse at Rockett's Landing for our ceremony and reception venue for several reasons. The view of the city is amazing, we love the water, the food is always fantastic, and instead of coordinating all the little things such as linens, a caterer, servers, bartenders, chairs, tables, etc., it's all there wrapped into one! This was especially important to me, and made the planning process easy. The venue also comes with Alli, the day of coordinator, but she is so much more than that! She guided us through the whole planning process with several meetings and countless emails, worked with us to make our vision come to reality and had great insight when we weren't sure how to proceed. Alli knew every detail of my wedding, set up the reception area with our extra decorations, ran the rehearsal, and made sure we were at ease. The day of went off without a hitch! The food was great, the service professional, set up was down to a science, and everything ran on time. Alli and her team made this happen! We cannot stop talking about how perfect our wedding day was, and credit Alli and The Boathouse for all their hard work!

Sent on 11/08/2019
  • Haley

Haley · Married on 10/05/2019

Amazing experience - highly recommend!

The Boathouse at Rocketts Landing was the perfect venue for our wedding – such a beautiful view of the Richmond skyline! We had our ceremony on the outside patio area, which was lovely. But, even if it happens to rain, having the ceremony inside is still fantastic due to the large windows, covered balcony area, and spacious reception room (including a huge bar). We worked with Alli Prato, who was incredible throughout the entire process. There are a lot of details that come with wedding planning, and Alli helped us make sure we didn’t forget anything. She always responded quickly to emails and was available any time for questions. Alli has a very calming presence, which is very helpful when planning inevitably gets a little stressful. Alli and her team were incredible on the day of our wedding and made sure everything ran smoothly and checked on us and our family members multiple times throughout the night. We were extremely happy with our experience at the Boathouse at Rocketts Landing and highly recommend it!

Sent on 11/04/2019
  • Christopher

Christopher Webb · Married on 09/21/2019

The First Day of The Rest of Our Lives

The Boathouse at Rocketts Landing, especially Alli Prato did an over the top job to ensure our wedding was as flawless as possible. Alli was easy to reach with questions or concerns and was present through the entire evening making sure we had all we needed. Every guest at our wedding told us how great everything was from the atmosphere to the food and drinks. We couldn’t have asked for a better day or cordinator and Alli deserves every accolade one can get! If you are considering the Boathouse, stop considering and just do it! You won’t be disappointed!

Sent on 10/19/2019
  • Cassie

Cassie Carpenito · Married on 08/31/2019

A Magical Wedding

Our wedding at The Boathouse at Rocketts Landing was absolutely perfect! We worked with Alli, our day of coordinator, and she was a dream. She worked hard to make sure my vision was brought to life, and was very calm and laid back throughout the whole process, which helped to ease my nerves and take away some of the stress that goes with planning a wedding! The staff the day of was also fantastic, going out of their way to make sure the entire bridal party was fed, and that we were treated like VIPs. We got married August 31st, and our ceremony started at 5:30 - letting our photographer take advantage of the golden hour during cocktail hour photos. The only negative (not the fault of the Boathouse) was that there were people playing volleyball and taking advantage of the bike path nearby, one of which walked through our ceremony while I was walking down the aisle. This was made up for by the awesome diners at the Boathouse cheering from the patio when we were pronounced husband and wife. With the RVA skyline and the James River in the background, our photos are stunning! The sunset from the River View Room was gorgeous, and all of our guests kept commenting on how beautiful our venue was. If you're looking for a truly "Richmond" wedding and don't mind a few spectators, the Boathouse couldn't be a more perfect choice.

Sent on 09/13/2019

Megan Stucke · Married on 06/15/2019

Elaine Rush and her staff are the best!

My husband and I got married on 06/15/2019 with a quick ceremony and lunch celebration. It was lovely. The staff was incredibly kind, helpful, thoughtful, funny when I was feeling nervous, and all our guests verbalized the same. Everyone complimented the food and drinks. The view was incredible. Elaine was so responsive, incredibly helpful, and helped to make difficult last minute decisions that day which made everything go smoothly for us. Thank you so much Elaine and the Boathouse Rockett's Landing staff!

Sent on 07/14/2019
  • Quinn

Quinn · Married on 06/01/2019

The best wedding venue and wedding help ever!

My husband and I decided to have our wedding at the Boathouse after we had dinner at the restaurant to celebrate our engagement. It was the best decision ever! Alli was incredibly helpful throughout our entire wedding planning process. I really can't imagine a more qualified, organized, or friendly person to work with and we have nothing but amazing things to say about her. Having your wedding at the Boathouse is as stress-free as wedding planning can be. They are so easy to work with and it is so nice to have one vendor handle the ceremony, reception space, linens and rentals, and catering. The food was incredible, we had so many compliments on the unique space, and they included so many thoughtful touches for my husband and me (like providing us with a meal to go as we were leaving--I was so nervous during the actual reception I couldn't eat much of my dinner!). Altogether, we are so happy we chose the Boathouse and would highly recommend it to anyone.

Sent on 08/07/2019
  • Hannah

Hannah · Married on 04/20/2019

Thank you, Alli! Wonderful Venue and Coordinator

My husband and I got married here recently and worked with Alli, the Boathouse's day-of coordinator. She was very detailed with the planning leading up to our wedding and made it easy to iron out the schedule and all the moving parts. No complaints at all in that regard! And then the day of the wedding came and I remember her being SO gracious and treating me and the wedding party with such exemplary first-class service. I remember asking something from her just to find out she had already read my mind and had her team behind her already working on it. I've had great customer service before, but Alli made me feel like royalty on my big day.
    On top of that, our guests had a blast and everyone complimented the food and venue. My husband and I have no complaints and are truly grateful for the experience and memories Alli and her team at the Boathouse provided. Thank you so much!

Sent on 05/13/2019

Allene Cahill · Married on 10/14/2018

Fabulous Venue

Our daughter got married October 14th at the Boathouse at Rockett’s Landing, and we couldn’t be more thrilled with the impeccable, friendly, and personal service we received. Our Event Coordinator was Elaine Rush, and from the time we booked the event in March until the wedding day, Elaine kept us on track to be sure everything was covered and that we didn’t forget any small, but important details. Boathouse has a complete vendor list they provide, and Elaine steered us to the PERFECT DJ and officiant. Besides the bride and groom, the STAR of the day was THE FOOD! My husband and I were so proud to be hosts if this event. The venue itself is beautiful with views of the James River, and the location provides a visual nod to both historic Richmond and views of the contemporary architecture from the city’s financial district. We highly recommend Boathouse at Rockett’s Landing for ANY special event.

Sent on 11/07/2018

Courtney · Married on 10/07/2018

We got married on October 7, 2018 and we selected this venue due to the scenic backdrop of the James River and downtown Richmond, VA. Out on site coordinator Alli Prato was the definition of excellence. She was thorough with planning the ceremony and the reception. The only detail we had to provide was the decor. The venue provided the food, beverages, table lines, chairs/tables, and vendors for photography, DJ, etc.. We literally showed up the day of our wedding and everything was in place for the wedding. We got a lot of compliments from our guests and vendors about the flow and the atmosphere of the wedding. We compliment the staff for their attentiveness and their punctuality. We had such a blast at our wedding and we highly recommend for any special event.

Sent on 10/09/2018

Leona · Married on 05/05/2018

We had our ceremony and reception at Rocketts Landing. I will say, everything was more than we could have hoped for. From the pre planning to the day of, everything was so organized. The staff are super friendly and made us feel so welcome. I highly recommend this group to host anyone’s big day! You won’t be disappointed as our guests complimented the staffs attentiveness and friendly smiles.

Thank you to everyone who made our big day better than perfect!

Sent on 05/14/2018

Cathy · Married on 04/06/2018

Our initial reasons for choosing the Boathouse at Rocket's Landing was for the river, views, and food. What we experienced on the wedding day was so much more. The food was exceptional, the staff went out of their way to make this day so special and if it weren't for Alli (our on-site coordinator) I wouldn't have enjoyed myself as much as I did. Our day saw sunshine, rain, sleet, and snow and the Boathouse rose to all the challenges that presented and rose to the top of their game. It was an exceptional experience and far exceeded our expectations.

Sent on 05/09/2018

Heather · Married on 03/31/2018

The Boathouse at Rocketts Landing was a perfect wedding venue. We fell in love the with the view and then the food and staff were even better. From the initial consult with Bonnie, we knew we were in good hands. She really listened to how we imagined our wedding and talked through all of our options to help make that happen. Once booked, Alli, our day of planner, was very thorough and responsive throughout the entire planning process. She went above and beyond to help accommodate our requests and helped to make our day perfect. She kept us on schedule yet made sure that we were eating and happy throughout the night. The serving staff and bartenders were awesome, our guests are still raving about the food, and we liked that drinks were paid for upfront so we didn't need to settle anything at the end of the night. Oh and the bartenders made a killer blackberry lemonade for our signature drink! If you want a fairly inclusive venue with a beautiful view, awesome food, and a staff that will impress you and your guests, this is the place!

Sent on 04/03/2018
  • Megan

Meg · Married on 03/10/2018

My husband and I could not have been happier with The Boathouse at Rockett's Landing and their event coordinator, Alli. We chose The Boathouse because of the proximity to downtown RVA for our out-of-town guests and for the city skyline as our wedding backdrop. Another HUGE bonus was the convenience of not having to choose a caterer, lighting company, linen company, bartenders, etc., because everything is available directly through them. This made the whole wedding planning process a breeze. We also can't say enough nice things about the entire staff, especially Alli. She did a PHENOMENAL job keeping the entire day on track (along with our planning meetings leading up to the wedding), communicating with our photographer/videographer/DJ/photo booth vendors, and making sure that my husband and I were taken care of. We received multiple compliments on the quality of the food and how different/unique people thought the venue was. If you're looking for an industrial look with beautiful views of Richmond and an amazing staff, look no further! Alli is easy to work with, accommodating, responsive, and truly made our wedding the best day ever!

Sent on 03/25/2018

Sarah · Married on 03/03/2018

It's difficult to find the words to explain how amazing The Boathouse made our wedding reception! The staff, particularly Alli, were extremely responsive and took care of everything without issue. Our guests said the food was the best meal they have ever had at a wedding. The ambiance was incredible and everything turned out beautifully. I would definitely recommend The Boathouse at Rocketts Landing for any event!

Sent on 03/23/2018

Elizabeth · Married on 02/24/2018

From the minute my husband and I walked into The Boathouse at Rocketts Landing, we knew it was "The One!" Everything about the venue was wonderful. We had Alli guide us through the process and she was amazing! She answered all my questions and gave me comfort when I needed it. The food was amazing and everyone commented on it. We had our ceremony outside with the beautiful city skyline as our background-no need for a wedding arch. The wait staff were wonderful w/ our guest. As my husband and I paid for the wedding ourselves, this venue was very reasonable and we loved how it was all inclusive- food and bar! I am trying to find reasons to have another party there :) We love The Boathouse!!

Sent on 03/22/2018

Regina · Married on 02/17/2018

The boathouse was amazing!! Everyone was very helpful and patient with us at the beginning when we had a lot of questions and indecisiveness about the date. Alli is amazing, she made everything so simple so all we had to do was enjoy our day. The venue is beautiful- we had to have our ceremony inside due to weather but it was still perfect, the food was delicious, and all of the staff was helpful and attentive to all our guests.

Sent on 03/25/2018

Jennifer · Married on 12/02/2017

I can't begin to talk about how amazing the Boathouse and their staff was before, during, and after my wedding! We chose the Boathouse for both our ceremony and reception space. I chose the location based on the beautiful scenery and how affordable it was compared to other venues in the city. You are really getting your money's worth here with the BEAUTIFUL skyline of Richmond in the background and the modern industrial look of the building itself. It is truly a unique location. I worked with Laura, an event coordinator with the Boathouse, and she was an absolute dream. She calmed every worry I had as a bride, answered my millions of questions, and really paid attention to how I wanted my dream wedding to be. Laura planned several meetings to go over food, decorations, and ceremony prep. In these meetings, we went over every detail and Laura was very informative the entire way through. The ceremony and reception both flowed so smoothly thanks to Laura and the hours of prep we did! The Boathouse staff was also very accommodating with my guest's food allergies and they also helped a lot with the set up. I can't speak highly enough of them! I was lucky to have my wedding right after the Grand Illumination in Richmond, VA so the skyline of the city was brightly and beautifully lit in the background of my reception venue. Everyone raved over how scenic and fun the venue was! I still have guests talking about how wonderful it is! I would highly recommend this venue to anyone looking for an event space or even just a place to eat. They are wonderful in everything they do and I cannot thank them enough!

Sent on 01/11/2018

Alex · Married on 10/30/2017

Amazing venue and day-of coordinator Alli!

My husband and I recently got married on 5/18/2019 at the Boathouse at Rockett's Landing and could not have imagined our ceremony and reception to be any more amazing than it was. We were so fortunate to have Alli as our day-of coordinator and we cannot possibly thank her enough for how amazing she was for the months leading up to the wedding and during our wedding weekend. Alli is incredibly professional, organized, and always willing to give advice/suggestions which was so greatly appreciated. Alli ensured that every detail during the day was taken care of and the entire Boathouse staff gave A+ service to us, our wedding party, and all of our wedding guests. The venue is so beautiful with the James River in the background, especially for sunset! And the food was absolutely amazing - we cannot count the number of guests that came up to tell us that this was the most amazing wedding dinner they have ever had! Thank you so much to Alli and the Boathouse team! We would recommend the Boathouse at Rockett's Landing for any special event!

Sent on 07/28/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 09/23/2017

We had our wedding at the Boathouse in September and I cannot say enough about how amazing the staff was and how perfect our day was. Thank you SO much to the lovely staff, specifically Laura who did a great job as our coordinator. They went above and beyond assisting with centerpieces and they freaking put the decorative flowers on our cake when our cake lady was MIA. Have your wedding (or any event) here, they truly know service.

Sent on 10/23/2017

lida · Married on 07/08/2017

A wonderful experience from start to finish, planning to wedding evening, at the Boathouse at Rocketts Landing!

Sent on 08/01/2017
  • Shannon

Shannon · Married on 10/29/2016

Who would've thought that right after guests said "We had so much fun," the next compliment received was "the food was so good!" My husband and I both work in the hospitality industry and were impressed with how professional and accommodating The Boathouse staff were. Laura was always so responsive and she thought of everything! It really helped to ease the stress. We went from 100 people to approximately 65 and were worried that the room would feel empty but everything was absolutely perfect! We will be remembering our time here forever!

Sent on 11/10/2016

Lexi · Married on 10/01/2016

We had our wedding at The Boathouse at Rocketts Landing and WOW, just WOW. It was literally the best day of our lives. The Boathouse totally exceeded all of our expectations and everything was flawless. First, we worked with Bonnie who was super friendly, knowledgeable & just made us feel confident in booking The Boathouse as our venue. Then, we worked with Laura, who is just great. She is so sweet and was there for us when we needed her through every step of the way. As silly as it sounds, the beer selection was very important to us and Laura worked with us to get the craft beer that we wanted. We really appreciated her efforts on that! The night of our rehearsal, The Boathouse was wonderful. We enjoyed cocktails on the balcony before heading down for the rehearsal. The rehearsal went well despite the fact that it was pouring rain. The day of our wedding was literally flawless. If anything went wrong, this bride definitely had no clue about it. After the ceremony, they had provided the appetizers and drinks from cocktail hour to our wedding party and family as we took pictures. During the reception, they stuck to the timeline as we had discussed. The food was AMAZING! We literally had family members text us the day after the wedding talking about how great the food was. The staff was super friendly and accommodating to all of our guests. We had such a great experience with The Boathouse at Rocketts Landing. I couldn’t speak more highly of them. Would recommend to everyone!

Sent on 10/18/2016

NICOLE · Married on 09/24/2016

My Husband and I just got married here in September and it was amazing! All of my guests loved the ceremony & reception space! The food was amazing as well. It was so organized and on schedule. The day couldn't have gone better. We were thrilled to have our wedding here and the venue was perfect right on the water and our pictures were amazing with the city in the background. Just an amazing experience. I wish I could relive that day over and over. Love the Boathouse!!!!! Laura was amazing to work with and helped us with every little detail!!!

Sent on 11/01/2016