The Boathouse at Rocketts Landing Reviews

The Boathouse at Rocketts Landing 6
The Boathouse at Rocketts Landing 7

Allene Cahill · Married on 10/14/2018

Fabulous Venue

Our daughter got married October 14th at the Boathouse at Rockett’s Landing, and we couldn’t be more thrilled with the impeccable, friendly, and personal service we received. Our Event Coordinator was Elaine Rush, and from the time we booked the event in March until the wedding day, Elaine kept us on track to be sure everything was covered and that we didn’t forget any small, but important details. Boathouse has a complete vendor list they provide, and Elaine steered us to the PERFECT DJ and officiant. Besides the bride and groom, the STAR of the day was THE FOOD! My husband and I were so proud to be hosts if this event. The venue itself is beautiful with views of the James River, and the location provides a visual nod to both historic Richmond and views of the contemporary architecture from the city’s financial district. We highly recommend Boathouse at Rockett’s Landing for ANY special event.

Leona · Married on 05/05/2018

We had our ceremony and reception at Rocketts Landing. I will say, everything was more than we could have hoped for. From the pre planning to the day of, everything was so organized. The staff are super friendly and made us feel so welcome. I highly recommend this group to host anyone’s big day! You won’t be disappointed as our guests complimented the staffs attentiveness and friendly smiles.

Thank you to everyone who made our big day better than perfect!

The Boathouse at Rocketts Landing 8

Cathy · Married on 04/06/2018

Our initial reasons for choosing the Boathouse at Rocket's Landing was for the river, views, and food. What we experienced on the wedding day was so much more. The food was exceptional, the staff went out of their way to make this day so special and if it weren't for Alli (our on-site coordinator) I wouldn't have enjoyed myself as much as I did. Our day saw sunshine, rain, sleet, and snow and the Boathouse rose to all the challenges that presented and rose to the top of their game. It was an exceptional experience and far exceeded our expectations.

Heather · Married on 03/31/2018

The Boathouse at Rocketts Landing was a perfect wedding venue. We fell in love the with the view and then the food and staff were even better. From the initial consult with Bonnie, we knew we were in good hands. She really listened to how we imagined our wedding and talked through all of our options to help make that happen. Once booked, Alli, our day of planner, was very thorough and responsive throughout the entire planning process. She went above and beyond to help accommodate our requests and helped to make our day perfect. She kept us on schedule yet made sure that we were eating and happy throughout the night. The serving staff and bartenders were awesome, our guests are still raving about the food, and we liked that drinks were paid for upfront so we didn't need to settle anything at the end of the night. Oh and the bartenders made a killer blackberry lemonade for our signature drink! If you want a fairly inclusive venue with a beautiful view, awesome food, and a staff that will impress you and your guests, this is the place!

• Megan

Meg · Married on 03/10/2018

My husband and I could not have been happier with The Boathouse at Rockett's Landing and their event coordinator, Alli. We chose The Boathouse because of the proximity to downtown RVA for our out-of-town guests and for the city skyline as our wedding backdrop. Another HUGE bonus was the convenience of not having to choose a caterer, lighting company, linen company, bartenders, etc., because everything is available directly through them. This made the whole wedding planning process a breeze. We also can't say enough nice things about the entire staff, especially Alli. She did a PHENOMENAL job keeping the entire day on track (along with our planning meetings leading up to the wedding), communicating with our photographer/videographer/DJ/photo booth vendors, and making sure that my husband and I were taken care of. We received multiple compliments on the quality of the food and how different/unique people thought the venue was. If you're looking for an industrial look with beautiful views of Richmond and an amazing staff, look no further! Alli is easy to work with, accommodating, responsive, and truly made our wedding the best day ever!

Sarah · Married on 03/03/2018

It's difficult to find the words to explain how amazing The Boathouse made our wedding reception! The staff, particularly Alli, were extremely responsive and took care of everything without issue. Our guests said the food was the best meal they have ever had at a wedding. The ambiance was incredible and everything turned out beautifully. I would definitely recommend The Boathouse at Rocketts Landing for any event!

Elizabeth · Married on 02/24/2018

From the minute my husband and I walked into The Boathouse at Rocketts Landing, we knew it was "The One!" Everything about the venue was wonderful. We had Alli guide us through the process and she was amazing! She answered all my questions and gave me comfort when I needed it. The food was amazing and everyone commented on it. We had our ceremony outside with the beautiful city skyline as our background-no need for a wedding arch. The wait staff were wonderful w/ our guest. As my husband and I paid for the wedding ourselves, this venue was very reasonable and we loved how it was all inclusive- food and bar! I am trying to find reasons to have another party there :) We love The Boathouse!!

Regina · Married on 02/17/2018

The boathouse was amazing!! Everyone was very helpful and patient with us at the beginning when we had a lot of questions and indecisiveness about the date. Alli is amazing, she made everything so simple so all we had to do was enjoy our day. The venue is beautiful- we had to have our ceremony inside due to weather but it was still perfect, the food was delicious, and all of the staff was helpful and attentive to all our guests.

Jennifer · Married on 12/02/2017

I can't begin to talk about how amazing the Boathouse and their staff was before, during, and after my wedding! We chose the Boathouse for both our ceremony and reception space. I chose the location based on the beautiful scenery and how affordable it was compared to other venues in the city. You are really getting your money's worth here with the BEAUTIFUL skyline of Richmond in the background and the modern industrial look of the building itself. It is truly a unique location. I worked with Laura, an event coordinator with the Boathouse, and she was an absolute dream. She calmed every worry I had as a bride, answered my millions of questions, and really paid attention to how I wanted my dream wedding to be. Laura planned several meetings to go over food, decorations, and ceremony prep. In these meetings, we went over every detail and Laura was very informative the entire way through. The ceremony and reception both flowed so smoothly thanks to Laura and the hours of prep we did! The Boathouse staff was also very accommodating with my guest's food allergies and they also helped a lot with the set up. I can't speak highly enough of them! I was lucky to have my wedding right after the Grand Illumination in Richmond, VA so the skyline of the city was brightly and beautifully lit in the background of my reception venue. Everyone raved over how scenic and fun the venue was! I still have guests talking about how wonderful it is! I would highly recommend this venue to anyone looking for an event space or even just a place to eat. They are wonderful in everything they do and I cannot thank them enough!

The Boathouse at Rocketts Landing 9
    The Boathouse at Rocketts Landing 15
    The Boathouse at Rocketts Landing 16
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 09/23/2017

We had our wedding at the Boathouse in September and I cannot say enough about how amazing the staff was and how perfect our day was. Thank you SO much to the lovely staff, specifically Laura who did a great job as our coordinator. They went above and beyond assisting with centerpieces and they freaking put the decorative flowers on our cake when our cake lady was MIA. Have your wedding (or any event) here, they truly know service.

The Boathouse at Rocketts Landing 17

lida · Married on 07/08/2017

A wonderful experience from start to finish, planning to wedding evening, at the Boathouse at Rocketts Landing!

• Shannon

Shannon · Married on 10/29/2016

Who would've thought that right after guests said "We had so much fun," the next compliment received was "the food was so good!" My husband and I both work in the hospitality industry and were impressed with how professional and accommodating The Boathouse staff were. Laura was always so responsive and she thought of everything! It really helped to ease the stress. We went from 100 people to approximately 65 and were worried that the room would feel empty but everything was absolutely perfect! We will be remembering our time here forever!

Lexi · Married on 10/01/2016

We had our wedding at The Boathouse at Rocketts Landing and WOW, just WOW. It was literally the best day of our lives. The Boathouse totally exceeded all of our expectations and everything was flawless. First, we worked with Bonnie who was super friendly, knowledgeable & just made us feel confident in booking The Boathouse as our venue. Then, we worked with Laura, who is just great. She is so sweet and was there for us when we needed her through every step of the way. As silly as it sounds, the beer selection was very important to us and Laura worked with us to get the craft beer that we wanted. We really appreciated her efforts on that! The night of our rehearsal, The Boathouse was wonderful. We enjoyed cocktails on the balcony before heading down for the rehearsal. The rehearsal went well despite the fact that it was pouring rain. The day of our wedding was literally flawless. If anything went wrong, this bride definitely had no clue about it. After the ceremony, they had provided the appetizers and drinks from cocktail hour to our wedding party and family as we took pictures. During the reception, they stuck to the timeline as we had discussed. The food was AMAZING! We literally had family members text us the day after the wedding talking about how great the food was. The staff was super friendly and accommodating to all of our guests. We had such a great experience with The Boathouse at Rocketts Landing. I couldn’t speak more highly of them. Would recommend to everyone!

NICOLE · Married on 09/24/2016

My Husband and I just got married here in September and it was amazing! All of my guests loved the ceremony & reception space! The food was amazing as well. It was so organized and on schedule. The day couldn't have gone better. We were thrilled to have our wedding here and the venue was perfect right on the water and our pictures were amazing with the city in the background. Just an amazing experience. I wish I could relive that day over and over. Love the Boathouse!!!!! Laura was amazing to work with and helped us with every little detail!!!

Allison · Married on 09/04/2016

We are so happy we chose to have our ceremony and reception at The Boathouse. It has the best location and view and the food is amazing. Our event coordinator Allison made sure everything was exactly how we wanted it. Our guests were impressed with the service and quality of food and drinks. They went above and beyond to make sure we enjoyed our day. I would highly recommend The Boathouse to any bride looking for a unique location with amazing food.

Lauren · Married on 07/03/2016

We chose this venue for our rehearsal dinner and we were very pleased. We had about 35 guests and utilized the Harbor View room. The food and options were amazing and so was the view. The staff was fantastic and they were very accommodating. Everyone loved the food and they were very affordable.

We are so glad we selected The Boathouse at Rocketts Landing for our October 2015 wedding! We wanted a location that really highlighted the city we love and live in and met in, especially for our family visiting from our of state. The Riverview room provides a breathtaking views of downtown Richmond, the James River, and the sunset. We met with Bonnie in January 2015 and she was wonderful to work with and very responsive. She gave us some great recommendations for other vendors and our ceremony location before we even committed! Once we signed our contract, we started working with Laura on the details. We were very happy with the food selections - there were several choices for each course. We had a great time at our tasting, which was effectively a night out in the restaurant. We wait staff and bar tender were wonderful and accommodating, especially with giving us some great options for our signature cocktail. The Boathouse provides several options for linens, set up, and beautiful river view indoor and outdoor seating options. The day of coordination was flawless! The set up was more beautiful than we could have imagined. Laura and the team handled all the set up for our vendors, and coordinated cues with our DJ and photographer. What was really awesome, that we didn't expect, was that Laura and the team made sure we always had food and drinks. The food was outstanding! Our guests raved about it. For an "after party", Laura coordinated space for us at the Boathouse's Short Pump location, where the bartenders were very accommodating! The Boathouse will forever hold a special place in our hearts (and tummies)!

• User4819225 · 2+ years ago

They made our day so easy and wonderful! The all inclusive pricing for our reception made it easy to know what we would actually be paying, versus the a la carte pricing of many other venues in the area. Bonnie, Becky, and Laura spoiled me (bride) rotten by catering to my crazy bride syndrome. I cannot say enough good things about the venue, the view, the staff, the process, the food and drinks, just the whole dang day was amazing! Thank you!!!!!

It was an awesome location! Very great to work with, delicious food and beautiful location!

The reception space was AMAZING! They were extremely flexible with moving the ceremony inside when the weather didn't cooperate. We were very impressed by the food, and all of our guests commented on how great it was. The staff was very attentive, and made sure that my husband and I always had exaclty what we needed.

Erika · Married on 08/10/2014

If you are looking for a venue in the Richmond area, you definitely have to go see The Boathouse at Sunday park... It is magical! We held our ceremony and reception here this August. Our friends and family are still raving about the service, food and beauty of this place.

The waterfront ceremony spot is so beautiful you don't even need to decorate it. The reception pavilion is so gorgeous and cozy, with an attached tented terrace where we had the bar and lounge furniture... Just perfect! The food was so yummy, our guests were completely satisfied. I can't say enough about the wonderful staff, they were so attentive, friendly and professional.

Susan, our coordinator, outdid herself. She really helped make our vision come alive and went above and beyond in doing so. Very responsive throughout the planning process and super helpful. I can't thank her enough for her services coordinating. No need to hire a coordinator if doing your wedding here, Susan was there for us from beginning to end.

Our guests have described our wedding as magical and perfect... A huge part of this outcome was picking The Boathouse at Sunday Park as our venue!

Many, many thanks!

Amanda · Married on 09/14/2013

The food, atmosphere, view and staff were amazing and all I could have ever dreamed of for my wedding reception. We lucked out with amazing weather so we were able to enjoy the huge patio and great balcony that overlooks the James River. My guests are still raving about how great the food was and I was so grateful that The Boathouse Coordinator, Laura, made sure my groom and I were able to eat during all the craziness. Laura was amazing to work with and she was happy to accommodate all our needs! I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone looking for the perfect Richmond reception!

Debbie · Married on 10/13/2012

As mother of the bride, the Boathouse at Rocketts Landing was the perfect venue for my daughter's reception. Laura and Ann were so easy to work with and were very flexible in the planning process to make sure our ideas were incorporated. We had a photo booth and candy bar that they fit into the seating plan perfectly. Everyone commented on the wonderful service. The plated meal was served quickly and came out hot and delicious. Drink glasses, whether water or from the bar, were constantly refilled during dinner. The chairs are so comfortable! When MOB and FOB arrived during the cocktail hour the patio/balconey was full of people enjoying the view of the river and the city skyline. It isn't for the bride looking for a fancy ballroom setting, but we got many, many compliments on how perfect the venue was for the party we wanted to have. Everyone had a great time.

Hyo · Married on 09/08/2012

If I could give The Boathouse all the stars in the world, I would! Their staff was exceptionally wonderful. Our guests could not stop talking about how great the service was and not to mention their sense of humor=) I have to give special thanks to Laura, the event coordinator, who was so helpful and walked me through everything! I probably asked her zillions of questions, and she answered every single one, no matter how dumb some of them may have been=) She was very accommodating and flexible as well. We had some guests who were going to arrive late, so I asked her if the kitchen could hold off on making their dinner 'til they arrived, and she was willing to do that (but they all came on time in the end). She also accomodated one of our guests who doesn't eat butter. I mean, I can go on and on, but those are couple of things they were more than willing to be flexible about. Laura also set up everything for us other than the flowers and cake, of course, but she set up the place cards, table cards, party favors, etc etc...and the event itself ran very smoothly because of her! I can't say enough about their professionalism and service. I'm sooo glad I went with The Boathouse=)