The Baking Grounds Reviews

The Baking Grounds 5
The Baking Grounds 6
The Baking Grounds 7

Elaine · Married on 05/29/2015

Very sweet couple runs this business. The cakes are wonderful - we did a white cake with buttercream frosting. The cakes were beautiful and not too sweet. Many compliments on the cake! They are not good about keeping records though. They actually gave us the wrong flavor grooms cake because of, what I consume, poor attention to emailed details. Had problems with communication with them. I confirmed the grooms cake flavor twice and was pretty annoyed when my husband and I went to cut our cake, finding out it was vanilla cake with cookie dough instead of the chocolate cake with cookie dough I ordered.

Sent on 06/14/2015
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 06/07/2014

3.0

The cake was delicious and turned out perfectly! The only reason I docked points was for responsiveness- I had to call/email multiple times to get a response. Other than that, wonderful!

Sent on 06/30/2014
  • U

Uwonda · Married on 12/27/2014

3.0

Our wedding cake by The Baking Grounds was the best wedding cake that both my husband and I have ever tasted and neither one of us are sweets eaters.

Sent on 12/28/2014

My wedding cake turned out great! It was beautiful and tasted really good. Everyone was complimenting us on the wedding cake.

Sent on 10/24/2013
  • Ian & Jojo's Special Day

Geor'Keathea · Married on 11/04/2016

3.8
      2.5
      3.5

The cake was beautiful. However, it didn't taste anything like it did when we did the cake tasting. I chose this vendor because it was the only one that was moist and had a "homemade" taste, but the cake we got on our wedding day tasted more like a box cake instead of homemade and it was not as moist.

Sent on 12/08/2016

Kelly · Married on 02/02/2013

3.4
      3.5
      3.0

When we initially booked The Baking Grounds, we were very pleased with what we had requested/what they had said they could do and the price point was great. On the wedding day the cake tasted great, however, the pattern requested on two of the four layers was not what we had requested. I was disappointed, especially after we had e-mailed photos twice, without a response of the design to be on those two layers. I also sent an email after the wedding to follow up and give them feedback, again with no response.

Sent on 03/20/2013