The Assembly Room Reviews

The Assembly Room 5
The Assembly Room 6
The Assembly Room 7

J. · Getting married on 10/05/2019

Earlier today my fiancé and I came to visit The Assembly Room. To say we were blown away is an understatement. Our parents joined us for all of our visits and when they came in the space they looked around in awe. The exposed brick, the space potential, the high ceilings, the balcony for cocktail hour, and honestly I’m still thinking about the beautifully styled chic bridal suite and private bathroom. From the very start Kiersten was responsive answering all of our questions via email. She provided detailed information regarding prices and caterers. When we arrived her husband Beau gave us the tour and answered all of our questions and trust me we had many. After leaving, my Dad, who was originally confused at my interest in an industrial venue, said this is your wedding venue and I think he is right! If you are looking for a unique chic industrial space in Baltimore I definitely recommend checking this space out.

Raquel · Married on 10/12/2018

Book them now!

I can’t soeak highly enough of my experience with The Assembly Room. Kiersten and Beau were very welcoming when we first toured the venue. They were very very responsive to all of our questions and handled more aspects of the wedding than we expected. Anna later became our contact and she was on top of literally EVERYTHING. She made sure we had parking set up, organized the rehearsal times, thought of everything we didn’t think of, and went above and beyond running the show on the day of. I can’t even list everything thing that the staff did for us. We could tell that they were genuinely kind and down to earth people. The bridal and groom suites were roomy and clean. The space in general is very clean and a perfect backdrop to fit any vision. Thank you so much for everything Kierste, Beau, and Anna!

Matt · Married on 09/22/2018

My wife and I cannot say enough great things about The Assembly Room. We first found out about the venue back in 2017, shortly after it was purchased by Beau and Kiersten (more on them later!). We stopped in to see it before any renovations had begun, to meet the owners, and to learn about their vision for the space. Needless to say, we spent some time thinking it over visited a couple more times and put our faith into Beau and Kiersten to bring their vision alive.

We signed up for one of the early Best of Baltimore parties hosted at the Assembly Room not long after their opening day in January 2018 and were completely blown away by how awesome the space came out. Beau and Kiersten really knocked it out of the park. The space came out just as we had hoped and fit perfect with our vision for our wedding as well. We love the industrial feel that they kept with the building, brick walls, great lighting, and keeping the graffiti intact was a perfect touch. The space is huge, but can be arranged in a myriad of ways to make it feel bigger or smaller depending on the size of your party/event. We utilized the full downstairs and upstairs for both our ceremony and reception. It was perfect.

In regards to Beau and Kiersten, they were so awesome to deal with throughout this process. They are incredibly friendly and very responsive. Wedding planning and coordination can no doubt be stressful, but we always looked forward to our interactions with these two. I look forward to seeing what awesome events they bring in to The Assembly Room in the years to come!

Amanda Long · Married on 09/15/2018

Loved our venue!

We had our wedding at The Assembly Room in September and I can't recommend the venue enough! Kiersten was so responsive and open to any ideas that we had. The space is so unique and open and fit our wedding perfectly. The different rooms each have their own appeal and it was so nice to have our ceremony, cocktail hour, and reception in different areas. I definitely recommend The Assembly Room if you're looking for an industrial space that you can make completely your own!

The Assembly Room 8
    The Assembly Room 9
    The Assembly Room 10
    The Assembly Room 11

Jessie · Married on 08/25/2018

Our wedding at the Assembly Room was beyond any expectation I had. Kiersten and Beau were so easy to work with and were accommodating to our many walk-throughs.
    Not only did The Assembly Room check of my boxes of being downtown, unique, and large enough for 200 guests, but it was more than just that. The psychical space is nicely designed so that it is flexible for all of the wedding events. We had our ceremony in one side of the first floor, cocktails upstairs, and then the entire downstairs was for the reception. It was easy for guests to manage and it made it easy on us as well!
    Because the space is well designed and minimal, it gave us the opportunity to create our own vibe and really build the space to our needs. We received so many compliments on finding such a cool venue from our friends and family. I would highly recommenced the Assembly Room to everyone!!

Maria · Married on 05/12/2018

When I met the owner Kristen she gave me a hug and not a hand shake so I know she was my people. Her and her husband are amazing. We visited so many times and it was no issue for us to stop by. They let us set up early and ended up running over no extra charges that other venues call out. Not to mention the venue is HUGE. We didn't even need to use the upstairs for guests. They have adorable bridal/groomsman suites to get ready in. We had the ceremony/reception at the venue and there were so many good places for pictures. Including Exposed brick, high ceilings, garage doors, city scape and around the side of the building there's blue windows that are surprising gorgeous for photos. Not to mention it was a bargain for everything that it was. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!

The Assembly Room 12
    The Assembly Room 13
    The Assembly Room 14
    The Assembly Room 15

Ilana · Married on 05/05/2018

The Assembly Room is the absolute best. I had booked a wedding venue and then saw a picture of the Assembly Room on Instagram. It looked so amazing, I told my fiance we had to go look. He thought I was crazy and then when he saw the space he agreed we had to have our wedding there, and we switched venues. It used to be a night club and now is an event space that they redid meticulously. I wanted to get married somewhere that felt upscale, but also unique and edgy. It fits the bill!

It's such a unique venue, there are three spaces on the first floor, so you can have an intimate ceremony and then the reception in the second larger room, with cocktails in a separate area. There are a million ways to play with the space, but what I really liked is that you can have your ceremony and reception in the same building, without just feeling like your wedding is in a giant cold gymnasium. The wall art is so cool, and we used uplighting to really play it up, but others drape it if you want. There's a second floor where you can do pictures, get ready, or whatever you want. This space is super cool because it looks down to the first floor, so photographers can get arial shots. It's right in Mt Vernon and close to Harbor East, easy for guest. The founders are a super sweet and incredibly professional couple who are knowledgable and make sure everything happens without a hitch. We were the second wedding at the space, but you would never know it. Many people told me it was the coolest wedding venue they'd ever been to. A million thanks Assembly Room!

The Assembly Room 16
    The Assembly Room 17
    The Assembly Room 18
    The Assembly Room 19

Lindsey · Married on 04/07/2018

I have so many good things to say about the Assembly Room!! We had to find a new venue after our first venue fell through. I was so bummed out about having to start over with only a couple months to go to the wedding, but it was such a blessing in disguise. The Assembly room was AWESOME, and was the perfect place to hold our ceremony and reception.

We were the first wedding EVER at the Assembly Room, but you wouldn't have been able to guess that during our event. They already felt professional and experienced. Kiersten and Beau were such a pleasure to work with. They were responsive, friendly, and flexible with our needs.

The actual space is soo cool. We got tons of compliments from our guests. It was great for our blacktie optional, industrial-chic wedding, and added so much personality to our event. Our photographer also mentioned that there is great natural lighting in a couple spot for photos.

We used the bridal suite to get ready (see photos), which was PERFECT. It is a little removed from the main venue space, which made it quiet and private to get ready. It has great lighting, and was big enough for friends and family to spread out makeup, dresses, bags, etc.

We used the main floor for our 135 guest wedding. It easily fit our guests, and had a perfect place to separate our ceremony and reception. We closed the garage doors between the two rooms, which meant we didn't have to flip the space between the ceremony and reception. We did add draping to cover some of the graffiti, which just didn't match our decor. That was pretty easy, and relatively affordable.

The facilities are great - nice bathrooms, space for caterers to prep away from the chaos of the event, beautiful floors, plenty of room for dancing.

I highly recommend working with the Assembly Room for whatever kind of event you are hosting. Keep up the good work, guys!

The Assembly Room 20
    The Assembly Room 26
    The Assembly Room 27

Ashley · Married on 04/08/2017

Award Winning : )

We said our "I Do's" at The Assembly Room on Oct 4th. The entire process was painless, even after having to change our venue to The Assembly Room at the last minute. All of our guests raved about the space, we received amazing service from the entire staff and I would definitely recommend this venue to all of my family and friends. The Assembly Room is definitely one of the Top 10 venues in Maryland!!

The Assembly Room 28