Sylvanside Farm Reviews

Sylvanside Farm 6
Sylvanside Farm 7
  • W

Warren · Getting married on 03/30/2023

We spent a wonderful, relaxing weekend on the farm - a perfect getaway from the city. The renovated, well appointed Hunt Box is the perfect size for a couple. When you wake up in the morning, you overlook green pasture and horses (missing it already!). Our 10 year old lab also loved being out in the country and exploring the spacious property, incuding a few swims in the pond.

Terri and Jeff have done an amazing job with this pre-revolutionary property - no detail overlooked. We look forward to returning and bringing our friends...and even hosting a 50th birthday party, including a tour of the local vineyards.

Sent on 08/10/2018
    Sylvanside Farm 23
    Sylvanside Farm 24
    Sylvanside Farm 25

Sylvanside Farm's reply:

Thank you so much for your review Warren! We look forward to having you again soon for your next event!
  • John

John Sawyers · Getting married on 01/05/2021

A fantastic rustic barn venue!

As a very active DJ | Photo Booth | Lighting company, we get the pleasure of visiting many of the best venues the area has to offer.
    If you are looking for Barn | Farm venue in the Northern VA area I strongly suggest that you visit Sylvanside Farm!
    The grounds are both spacious and beautiful. There are numerous areas of photographic interest. The barn offers ample room for 200 guests. The hosts | owners are great people!

Sent on 05/30/2019

Sylvanside Farm's reply:

Thanks so much for the kind words John! We enjoyed having you here and hope to see you again soon.
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 09/14/2019

Have you booked your venue yet? Good! Call Sylvanside Farm IMMEDIATELY! Terri and Jeff, the owners, are incredible people. Simply incredible. Once you meet them, you will come to know what every other review here is talking about. I cannot stress enough how important it was to Sean and I to book a venue based on the feeling it gave us and to know that the people involved with our wedding would have the same passion, love, and respect that we have for each other. Terri and Jeff are beautiful people who simply want to share their farm that they are so proud of with others and help every bride and groom have the best day possible. I couldn't have dreamed of a better venue.
    The farm is breathtaking. As stated by several, the pictures do not do it justice. You really must see it in person. There are so many options for ceremony locations and both barns are amazing...not to mention the craftsmanship. The history of the property lingers on the land and I tell my family and friends there is an energy to Sylvanside that is so calming and welcoming that will just come over you when you get there. I am beyond excited to have my wedding here in September of 2019. Every time I visit, there have been new updates made...Jeff is a power house and if he says he is going to do something, he does it and does it ten times better than you even thought it would be! When I have a bad week at work, there is nothing better than heading to the farm for Terri hugs and furry animal therapy!

Sent on 08/09/2018

Sylvanside Farm's reply:

Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts Ashley! We are super excited to host your wedding and look forward to seeing you both soon.
  • Arianne

Arianne Gharavi · Married on 08/31/2019

This venue represents Loudoun County at it's best!

I really did not want to like this place, in all honesty, I was over the whole “Barn Wedding Venue.” I almost crossed it off our list without looking at it, but I’m so glad I decided to drive by. It was a raining, cold December day when I decided to check out Sylvanside Farm. As soon as I pulled into the driveway, I felt the charm of this place. As ugly as the weather was that day, the farm was still beautiful. Once I walked into the large reception barn, I was hooked. I called my fiancé immediately and told him this was the perfect venue for our wedding. The other venues we looked at did not offer as much as Sylvanside did and the reception barn was large enough to hold the amount of guests we had. We also loved the option to stay there for the whole weekend. The pictures online really don’t show the true beauty of this place, you have to be there to experience it in person. We loved that no one else we knew had been married there before. Teri & Jeff Fanning of Sylvanside Farm are the most wonderful venue owners you could ask for. They made us feel at home from the moment we first stepped foot on their property and they worked really hard the day of our wedding to make everything perfect for us. So many of our guests told us that it was one of the most beautiful venues they had been to in Loudoun County. There’s just something truly magical about this place & it was so hard to say goodbye to!

Sent on 09/11/2019
    Sylvanside Farm 26
    Sylvanside Farm 27
    Sylvanside Farm 28
    Sylvanside Farm 29
    Sylvanside Farm 30

Kimberly James · Married on 08/18/2019

Like a fairytale

Can’t say enough good things about this location and vendor. First, the price is incredible given the amount of space you get- 2 barns, 2 cottages, & a salon! Second, the team at Sylvanside goes the extra mile to make sure the day runs as smoothly as possible. Finally, weddings at Sylvanside are like a fairytale come true to life. It has a magical feeling!

Sent on 08/27/2019
    Sylvanside Farm 31
    Sylvanside Farm 32
    Sylvanside Farm 33

Sylvanside Farm's reply:

Thanks so much for your kind words! We loved meeting and hosting your family for an amazing wedding. We hope that you all will come back to visit us again soon!

Don Drach · Married on 07/08/2019

World class venue

If six stars were available to rate Sylanside, I'd give them SEVEN! Outstanding venue and hosts --- Jeff and Terry --- made our daughter's wedding picture perfect. Our guests called it 'a magical place.'

Sent on 07/08/2019

Sylvanside Farm's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words Don! We loved hosting your family and hope that you all will return again soon for the next celebration,
  • Karen

Karen Forshey · Married on 07/06/2019

Perfect Weekend

The weekend was perfect at Sylvanside Farm. Our rehearsal dinner on Friday night was fun filled and Friday night shenanigans with the bridesmaids at the cottage and then a beautiful wedding on Saturday afternoon. So many places on the farm for that perfect photo which we got a lot of. Terri and Jeff go above and beyond with every detail covered.

Sent on 07/09/2019

Slef · Married on 06/22/2019

Breathtaking and thoughtful

Located less than an hour from northern Virginia, Sylvanside Farm is breathtaking and makes you feel like you are miles and miles away. We rented the venue for my daughter's wedding, both Friday and Saturday. Terri and Jeff could not have been more hospitable and have truly thought of everything to make your event special and your stay comfortable. The memories made that weekend will last a lifetime and we are forever grateful to have been able to spend the weekend at Syvanside Farm.

Sent on 07/11/2019

Mary · Married on 06/15/2019

Magical venue with amazing owners

We are so happy that we had our wedding at Sylvanside Farm. It is a beautiful and magical venue, and we had so many raving compliments from our 200 guests about the venue. Lots of space outside to choose a ceremony location, the smaller barn was perfect for the cocktail hour base, and the Poplar Barn was literally breath-taking for the reception. It’s so beautiful, especially with the high ceilings and twinkle lights that come with the space, that you really don’t need a ton more decoration.

Jeff and Terri were also a dream to work with -- you can truly tell how much they care about the farm and making sure that their wedding couples are well taken care of. They were easy to work with and communicate with during our planning phase, our walk-through, and were on-deck for any support during the wedding day itself.

We also loved being able to use some of the other houses/cottages on the property to get ready in during the day and to gather ourselves prior to the ceremony.

Other miscellaneous notes: great being able to have tables and chairs included, the ceremony arches you can pick from are also all pretty, plenty of guest parking on the farm if needed, lots of assorted decor items that you can borrow from them.

Overall, it was a perfect place to celebrate our wedding, and we can’t wait to return for an anniversary get-away back at the farm!

Sent on 08/12/2019

Terry Geier · Married on 05/11/2019

Lovely and Enchanting destination experience!

As a wedding florist, Growing Wild Floral had a wonderful experience from arrival to take down at Sylvanside Farm. The owners, Jeff and Terri have taken this diamond in the rough to a unique shining star venue. There are many areas for the event needs like the amazing barns and gorgeous pond. for vendors an ease of set up, helpful staff, generous assistance and no issue parking. Enjoy yourself with a visit to this jewel in Loudoun.

Sent on 07/09/2019

Rachael · Married on 04/27/2019

My fiancé and I cannot wait to get married at Sylvanside Farm. We first visited in March when we were looking for a venue, and even though it snowed on the farm that day, I could tell it would be the perfect venue. We absolutely fell in love with it, and the owners, Jeff and Terri could not be kinder or more accommodating. We visited again just last weekend, and I was completely amazed at the level of progress they have made in just two short months. This venue is definitely ready to host a wedding.

I swooned over the lights they just installed in their massive barn and can't wait to dance the night away there with my guests next year. Every time I visit, I feel swept away to another time in America's past. The trees, flowers, and natural landscape there are so idyllic and spectacular that you would hardly have to waste time (or money!) thinking about additional wedding décor. If you're still looking for a venue, you should look no further.

Sent on 05/31/2018
    Sylvanside Farm 42
    Sylvanside Farm 43
  • Haley

Haley · Married on 04/20/2019

We loved Sylvanside Farm!!

This is a hidden gem! They are still relatively new but I know in less than a year's time that word will get out about how amazing this place is. And when it does, it'll be booked every weekend!

The owners Terri and Jeff go out of their way to make your wedding day perfect. From driving guests on golf carts, to helping you with your little details. We needed rosemary for my cocktail drink and Terri ran out and bought me a rosemary plant, which was so nice!

The venue is gorgeous and all of our guests were blown away. It has two areas for a ceremony, a stone barn for cocktail hour, and a huge reception barn. They also provide games (corn hole, croquet, etc) for cocktail hour. We are so thankful we found Sylvanside Farm and we loved them as our venue. Thank you Terri and Jeff so much!

Sent on 05/04/2019
    Sylvanside Farm 44
    Sylvanside Farm 45
    Sylvanside Farm 46
    Sylvanside Farm 47
    Sylvanside Farm 48
    Sylvanside Farm 49

Sylvanside Farm's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words Haley! We loved being a part of your special day and enjoyed having all your friends and family. Hurry back to see us again soon.
  • Lindsay

Lindsay · Married on 04/13/2019

The Freed wedding

Me and my husband had our wedding at Sylvanside and couldn’t have been happier! Jeff and Terri really went above and beyond to make sure our day was perfect and exactly what we asked for! They are so kind and sweet! I would highly recommend this place if you’re looking for awesome scenery, kind hosts, fun atmosphere and just all around a good time! Thank you Terri and Jeff for making our day perfect!

Sent on 05/30/2019
    Sylvanside Farm 50
    Sylvanside Farm 51
    Sylvanside Farm 52
    Sylvanside Farm 53
    Sylvanside Farm 54

Sylvanside Farm's reply:

Lindsay—thank you so much for the kind words. We were thrilled to be a part of your special day and hope to see you all again soon.
    Cheers to you!
  • Bee's

Bee's Wing Farm · Married on 04/07/2019

Stunning venue with an incredible staff!

Sylvanside Farm is a stunning venue with both expansive and intimate ones to host your wedding guest. As a florist, the historic barns and landscape are a joy to make even more beautiful! Owners, Jeff and Terri are incredibly accommodating and kind. Making guest and vendors alike feel welcomed and received onto their beautiful property. They are quick to anticipate and respond to any needs and think of it all to make set up go smoothly. We love doing weddings at Sylvanside Farm!

Sent on 06/17/2019

Tania · Married on 12/28/2018

We just had our small wedding at this gorgeous venue. Sylvanside Farm is an amazing venue filled with historic charm and rustic surroundings. We loved so many things that were available to us from the amazing Clydesdale horse-drawn carriage to my personal favorite, the gorgeous bridal dressing room. Our wedding day was magical and so much fun thanks to Terri and Jeff who made sure our guests were well taken care of.

Sent on 05/26/2018
  • geneva

geneva · Married on 10/13/2018

Can’t wait to get married here! I live cross country so I’m always texting and emailing with questions. Jeff and Terri are great and always helpful and responsive!

Sent on 03/09/2018

Mary Mainland · Married on 10/13/2018

Daughters October wedding

Terry and Jeff have transformed Sylvanside into what is sure to be a very popular venue for weddings in Loudoun County. They were both extremely accommodating in the months leading up to my daughters wedding, taking time to meet and work with our vendors. We rented the entire venue for the weekend. The bridesmaids stayed in the 3-bedroom cottage and the newlyweds stayed in the small cottage. The small barn was the location for the rehearsal dinner. The large barn was stunning and perfectly met my daughters vision of her ideal wedding. My goal was met! Everything ran smoothly and our guests had a wonderful time.

Sent on 01/17/2019
    Sylvanside Farm 55

Sylvanside Farm's reply:

Thanks so much for your kind words Mary, it was an honor to host your daughter’s beautiful wedding and we hope to have your family back again soon.
    Cheers to you all!
    Jeff and Terri
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 10/06/2018

Perfect venue

The moment we started touring we knew this had to be our wedding venue! Looking up their information and pictures won't do it justice, you really need to be there to experience it fully. This beautiful historic venue feels perfect for any occasion. There are multiple houses and barns on the property so it can perfectly accommodate smaller events or larger events. The owners are amazing and treated us like family. They really want to provide the best for you so that you can enjoy a perfect wedding day. This venue includes just about everything you need for a beautiful and stress free event. We loved planning our wedding here and couldn't have had a more perfect wedding day. We highly recommend experiencing the venue for yourself and meeting the wonderful owners.

Sent on 11/12/2018
  • SamP

Sam · Married on 10/06/2018

Special Place

This is a fantastic venue with incredible owners! My wife and I had our ceremony and reception here on October 6th, 2018 and couldn't be happier with everything we experienced. The owners, Terri and Jeff, are amazing people and worked hard to make our day special. When we first saw the property in Spring of 2018, we were overwhelmed by how beautiful it was. At that time, the main barn was not yet complete but there was no hesitation in signing the contract because of what we saw just walking around the property. We would have been happy with the barn just the way it was when we first toured it but Terri and Jeff have done so much work since then transforming it into the beautiful barn we enjoyed on our wedding day. The perfect venue does exist and for us it was Sylvanside Farm.
    Terri and Jeff treated us like family and my wife and I are so thankful we had the opportunity to start our journey together in such a special place. I highly recommend going and seeing the property. The pictures are great but there is no substitute for seeing it in person and meeting Terri and Jeff.

Sent on 12/01/2018

Alex · Married on 09/15/2018

Terri and Jeff saved our wedding! A week before our planned outdoor wedding, the threat of Hurricane Florence forced us to decide to change venues last minute. Our caterer helped us find Sylvanside Farm, and just 5 days before our wedding Terri and Jeff welcomed us and it was absolutely perfect!

The farm, cottages, and barns are all breathtaking and there are beautiful views in every direction. We had our ceremony in the smaller barn and held our reception in the larger barn which worked out perfectly for us and our 115 guests.

Terri, Jeff, Jane and Amy were amazing and so accommodating leading up and the day of. They made sure we had the best day possible for all of our family and friends. Everyone had an amazing time and are still talking about the venue and how beautiful everything was!

Sent on 10/05/2018

Shelly · Married on 08/09/2018

Our hosts, Terri and Jeff, were so welcoming and personable. They made sure that we had everything we could possibly need to make our stay comfortable and memorable. The farm itself is beautiful and serene, and we were given the liberty to roam their lovely green acres. We enjoyed learning the history of the 1700's era farm from Jeff and engaging with the horses and farm dogs. This is a beautiful, rustic setting for a wedding or other event, and I am pleased to give Sylvanside Farm my highest recommendation.

Sent on 08/12/2018
    Sylvanside Farm 63
    Sylvanside Farm 64
    Sylvanside Farm 65

Annette · Married on 05/24/2018

I visited Sylvanside Farm recently and was awestruck by the beautiful surroundings. Taking a tour with Terri gave me a sense of the history that makes this property so remarkable. I was drawn to the inevitability that a 200 year old barn will witness countless of couples getting married and create lasting memories. I am looking forward to staying at one of the peaceful cottages in the near future.

Sent on 05/26/2018

Amanda · Married on 02/24/2018

I worked on a styled shoot located at Sylvanside Farm. The property is beautiful, and everyone was so kind and welcoming. There's a gorgeous barn, a pond, and not to mention the various furry friends around to help brighten your day! I highly recommend Sylvanside Farm for your wedding - you won't be disappointed!

Sent on 05/18/2018

Bob · Married on 01/31/2018

We cannot say enough good things! My now husband and I found this place through airbnb, and we fell in love with the cottage. Come to find out they host weddings and we were sold on our location for our ceremony. Terri and Jeff were so great, giving us tours, accommodating lots if special touches to our ceremony, and always being available and responsive for questions. Both us and our guests had a fabulous time feeding the horses, walking the property, hanging out in the barn. And our photographer was thrilled that every inch of this place is just waiting for a photograph to be taken! We recommend both the cottage (great for setting up and as a honeymoon suite) and the stone barn! Note that the wood barn is suitable for much larger weddings and renovations will soon be complete (our wedding had 20 people and we were swimming in plenty of space both indoors and out). I actually hesitate to let this secret out, because my husband and I definitely want to visit for anniversaries!

Sent on 05/13/2018