Sweet James Events Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2019 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2018 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2017 Winner

Tracey G. Married on 08/31/2021

Ashley is a superstar! She made our wedding stress free!

Ashley is endlessly capable, professional, reliable, knowledgeable and so joyful. I am the MOB and the month before the wedding she took over all communication with our vendors and made the lead up to wedding day stress free. She is lovely in every way and I give her the highest recommendation. She will definitely enhance your wedding experience.
  • Sheridan
    Sheridan G. Married on 08/28/2021

Amazing planner!

Ashley is the most wonderful planner! She made our wedding run so smoothly and all of our meetings leading up to the wedding were enjoyable and professional. Ashley met all of our needs with a positive attitude and with efficiency and I would HIGHLY recommend her to all brides! She thought of every last detail and took over on the day of so I didn’t have to think of anything!
  • Buffy
    Buffy H. Married on 07/12/2021

Our day was perfect!!

We had such a great experience planning with Ashley with Sweet James Events. Ashley went above and beyond helping us organize our day. Her attention to detail and organization is top notch. She works very professional in responding to emails, phone calls, and handling vendor organization. Not an easy task in covid times. We could not imagine handling all the details without her. Planning with Ashley was such a blessing it makes us want to have a celebration all over again. Blessed to have her as part of our story.
  • Megan
    Megan B. Married on 04/24/2021

The BEST Choice!!

We are SO thankful to have found Ashley and been able to work with her as our wedding coordinator! As a corporate event manager, this was by far my favorite yet most important event I have planned and was nervous about trusting someone else to take control BUT from our first phone call, she handled EVERY detail perfectly so that I could not have a worry in the world on our wedding day and I was able to simply enjoy it! I would work with, and recommend, her again and again! Thank you SO much Ashley!! ❤
  • Catherine
    Catherine M. Married on 03/27/2021

Amazing in every way!

Ashley was wonderful and really made the wedding so seamless. We went with the month of planning and I was amazing at how much that entailed! She provided excellent vendor recommendations starting from the day we met. Then, month of she took over ALL communications with vendors which was a huge relief as life gets busy! Day of, neither me nor my family had to worry about any details as she handled it all! She was incredibly supportive of what I envisioned but also provided helpful feedback to make it even better (such as the timeline and floor plan). Everyone commented how helpful she was and I cannot imagine having done this without her!
  • Taylor
    Taylor L. Married on 11/10/2020

Highly Recommend Ashley!

We highly recommend Ashley! We selected her event management wedding planning service and we wish we went with the full-service planning, that’s how great she was at handling everything. Before our first meeting she sent us a detailed checklist/reminder, including common things and small details we had not thought of yet. Ashley had previously worked with most of our vendors and in the month leading up to the wedding, she was our main point of contact for all the vendors. Any details we needed/wanted to change, we just went through Ashely and knew she would handle it, taking a lot of weight off our shoulders. Day of, Ashley was there before almost anyone making sure that everything was being set up smoothly. She made sure our day was seamless and allowed us to truly enjoy our day. We would highly recommend Ashley as she goes above and beyond!
    Tracey B. Married on 09/18/2020

I didn’t have to worry about a thing

Ashley and her team are awesome. I just can’t say enough. Everything ran smoothly & on time. My daughter had a couple of hiccups with her dress & Ashley even took care of it! Best decision to hire Sweet James! Thank you so much Ashley!

Sweet James Events's reply:

Thank you, Tracey! I had so much fun planning with you for Haley & Michael’s beautiful day. Congrats to the newlyweds!
  • Vanessa
    Vanessa V. Married on 04/03/2020

Professional even when wedding was canceled

Unfortunately, we were supposed to get married on April 3rd, 2020, but had to cancel due to the Governor's order of no more than 10 people at a social gathering. Even though we had to cancel, I still HIGHLY recommend Ashley and Sweet James Events. Ashley was so quick to respond to any questions that I had and was so helpful when giving me advice even when we were far away from the month-out point. She was so determined to help us every step of the process and I know she would have been the best wedding coordinator I could have ever asked for had my wedding gone as planned.
  • Libby
    Libby M. Married on 01/11/2020

Best decision EVER!

I cannot even begin to describe what a blessing Ashley was during the wedding planning process and on our wedding day! She was so organized and made sure every detail I had envisioned was executed on the big day. I had a relatively large wedding plus a separate ceremony and reception venue and Ashley handled all of the coordination with ease and confidence. Ashley also went above and beyond with the time she spent with us during the planning meetings. Because of the time she spent not only helping plan but getting to know me — I felt more than confident and trusted that she could make any decisions that needed to be taken care of the day of without having to ask me. The wedding day ran so so smoothly and was even more perfect than I could have dreamed of! Hiring Ashley and her amazing team was the best decision we made!!

Sweet James Events's reply:

Libby! What an amazing day! I loved our time together and was overjoyed to watch you and Adam love each other so deeply and join in marriage. Lots of congratulations and hearts sent your way!
  • Elizabeth
    Elizabeth Married on 05/25/2019

Absolutely NO Brainer

I would absolutely recommend Ashley to any bride! I like to think i am an organized person, but planning a wedding out-of-state can stress anyone out. Ashley and everyone at Sweet James Events were nothing short of amazing!

Prior to my wedding, we met several times to walk through timelines to discuss exactly what we wanted and walk through the venue to see what could be utilized and where in the most efficient way. She was completely flexible and made sure that I was getting the most perfect wedding. She took over the conversations with the vendors which saved me which work picking up right as the wedding was nearing!

On the day of, it rained (ah!) but we were able to make close calls and were able to keep the ceremony outside which was a main reason I chose that venue! I'm sure a lot of planners would have just "nope, it's too close" but she checked in every so often to make sure we were still good.

And let's talk about the details of the ceremony and reception for a second - everything was perfectly placed - exactly what we had talked about. Her team had me and my husband's dinner waiting for us when we got seated after our dance so we could get some food before the stamped of people. They even had appetizers that we missed because we were talking pictures!

Overall, worth every penny and more! This day should be spent surrounded by your family and friends and Sweet James Events allows your loved ones to be with you instead of focusing on the details so you don't have to!
    Jake F. Married on 12/08/2018

Outstanding Wedding Coordinator

Ashley Tidwell did an incredible job coordinating and helping plan our wedding. She helped us find vendors and organize the chaos before the wedding. She made sure all the details were in order and developed an amazing master schedule. During the wedding she handled everything with expertise, a professional attitude, and a smile. You should feel very confident if you choose to hire her for your wedding. She is first-rate.
    Stevie Married on 12/08/2018

Cannot say enough about Sweet James Events

Ashley was hands down, without a doubt, the best planner. She took all of the stress out of wedding planning, and made sure our day was easy, relaxing and fun. We met several times to walk through our plans, and I was always impressed that she had already thought of any problems, and always had solutions. When I revealed that I was stressed, without a beat she asked how she could help. We had a few last minute issues with our guests, and Ashley handled them with such grace. Her staff was amazing; you need to hire to Sweet James Events.
    Jamie L. Married on 09/29/2018

Best decision of our planning process!

Ashley was amazing to work with! She was very responsive and always had different perspectives and solutions. She made the planning process much more pleasurable. Her team was very professional. Hiring a wedding coordinator was a great decision, but hiring Sweet James Events was the BEST decision! I remember at one point during my reception she noticed ALL the guests were on the dance floor, and although it was our "outlined time" for something specific she suggested I join in on the fun and soak it in. That moment is something I will always remember. I would recommend Sweet James Events to anyone in need of planning services!
    Meredith Married on 09/16/2018
    My fiance and I hired Ashley for month-of coordination for our September wedding. Hands down, it was the best money we spent on anything for our wedding. Ashley was a great source of information throughout our whole planning process, answering random questions and providing vendor recommendations. She took over all planning and vendor communication about 6 weeks out, starting with the most in-depth question session I could imagine. Our wedding day was executed perfectly - it looked exactly like I wanted. If there were any issues that occurred, I have no idea what they were, because Ashley was on top of everything the entire day. Our entire day went off without a hitch, and I am sure so much of that was having Sweet James Events on board. Thank you for making our wedding day the perfect day!
    Matthew M. Married on 09/15/2018

Organized Chaos

Ashley did a wonderful job maintaining organization and high spirits during a very difficult family situation. She made the last few months as painless as it could be in putting together the best day of our lives. 10/10 would definitely recommend her!
    Holly Married on 09/08/2018

Above & Beyond

Ashley went above and beyond for my wedding. Being a bride out of state she really took the time to make everything perfect and allowed me to now worry about a thing! I am so incredibly thankful to her- she really made my wedding dreams come true.
    Talia Married on 07/14/2018

Wedding planner

Ashley was such a joy to work with! She made the process of contacting vendors so much easier and organized the schedule to a T. Everything was handled very professionally the day of. We couldn’t have asked for any better!
    Shirley Married on 06/16/2018

Mother of the bride

Ashley was very easy to work with. She provided us with vendor referrals and advice long before the month of ceremony for which we hired her. She helped this mother of the bride to stay sane more than once! She listened to what my daughter wanted and made additional suggestions for things we hadn’t thought of yet.
    Chuck Married on 06/02/2018
    This review is coming from the groom’s perspective - which I think says a lot. Ashley (and Sweet James Events) made our wedding run flawlessly. Every detail - no matter how big or how microscopically small - was covered by Ashley and executed to perfection. I can’t emphasize enough how important it was to have the piece of mind knowing that anything that needed to be changed or fixed could be done so in mere minutes with a quick phone call to Ashley. Her and her team were the glue that held our wedding together and made it perfect.

Sweet James Events's reply:

Chuck, You and Kristen were a dream to work with! Your wedding day was lovely and just...perfect! Happy forever with your Bride!
    Clare Married on 10/08/2017
    We hired Sweet James Events to do our month-of wedding coordination, and they were outstanding. Ashley (and everyone who works with her) is incredibly organized, prompt, assertive, and courteous. I probably would have been a shivering heap in the corner during that final stretch without her there to take care of the details. There were a few fires she put out that would have become much bigger issues without her intervention, and she double checked a lot of things that never would have occurred to us. Sweet James Events are true professionals!
  • User2819589 2+ years ago
    I am a wedding venue that this planner has planned an event in. They are very professional, Extremely friendly, and easy to work with. Ashley did such a great job, made my place look beautiful, and thought of all of the little details. I highly recommend this company, no matter what your budget!
    Ashley Married on 07/01/2017
    I have worked with Ashley for my sisters wedding and I got to use her for my own in July 2017 and she made every single detail that I planned come to life. I got married at Belle Meade Plantation and they only give you a load in time for all your rentals and lighting and decor items at 3:00 my ceremony started at 5:30pm meaning we only had 2 1/2 hours to set everything up before the ceremony began. It even started raining a bit during set up and every single thing was exactly how I wanted it. She was amazing and kept me calm the entire time. It even bag an raining right before I was suppose to walk down the isle and she rolled with the it and sent the guests to cocktail hour while we waited out the rain. My dream was to get married in the garden at Belle
    Meade and when I thought we would have to move to the rain plan under the tent Ashley made the Garden happen. She had people wiping off the seats so we could have our garden wedding just as the rain passed. I could not ask for a better wedding planner than Ashley she is so positive even under the most stressful situations. My wedding was beautiful thanks to her!!!
    Sasha Married on 05/06/2017
    After some miscommunication with our venue, I went on a mad hunt for a month of coordinator about three months before our wedding. After meeting and speaking to couple in the Nashville area I finally met with Ashley and she was just right. Ashley was on top of everything!! I have absolutely no complaints, book with Sweet James Events!
    Christina Married on 04/28/2017
    I would recommend them to anyone. They are wonderful to work with, and very reasonable for all the work they do.
    Christina Married on 04/28/2017
    I’m thankful for all of Ashley’s help. She made my vision come to life. Love her