Summit Lodge Resort Reviews

15 | Killington, VT

15 Reviews for Summit Lodge Resort

Donna GoodHale of Expressions By Donna · Getting married on 10/06/2020

10 out of 10 for AWESOME wedding photography

As a professional photographer The Summit Lodge is one of my favorite places to work. The staff is soo helpful, I have so many amazing options to take breathtaking images all day long without using the same location over and over. You can't go wrong with this venue! Warmly, Donna from ExpressionsByDonna.com

Sent on 10/20/2019

Garren Poirier · Married on 08/24/2019

The Summit Lodge is a gem!

I can’t say enough about the Summit! Professional is the first word that comes to mind. Jess and her crew are top notch from start to finish. I recommend this venue to anyone and everyone I run across. I love shooting weddings here not only because it’s in my hometown but because everything is always run so well! Think of them when booking your wedding or event!

Sent on 12/18/2019

Summit Lodge Resort's reply:

Thank you Garren! We absolutely love working with you and look forward to another amazing season in 2020! - Jessica
  • Cara

Cara Auty-Engstrom · Married on 01/09/2019

Whimsical Vermont Charm

The Summit was a fantastic choice for our wedding! The venue and staff were both beyond expectations, I grew up in the area and knew that I wanted to get married locally, to sum it up The Summit has the perfect mix of Vermont charm, gorgeous scenery and professional staff. Jessica and her team worked with my husband and I to create our dream wedding. The entire weekend was a blast and I couldn't have asked for a more perfect experience.

Sent on 12/19/2019

HI Cara,
    Thank you for the wonderful review!! It was absolutely gorgeous weekend for sure! Thank you again for hosting your wedding at our beautiful property. All the best,
    Jessica

Melissa · Married on 09/07/2018

Our wedding was everything and more!

Everyone at Summit was wonderful, especially Emmet and Jessica! Our wedding was amazing and everything was just how we imagined! The accommodations for our guests were perfect, the food was amazing, and everything flowed smoothly the day of! All of my guests were raving about Summit and what a wonderful stay it was! Thank YOU!!!

Sent on 10/16/2018

Summit Lodge Resort's reply:

Melissa & Mike - Thank you for the wonderful review. We had such a great time with you, your family and friends! The decor was stunning and everything perfect. Hope to see you both again soon! ~Jessica

Sally · Married on 06/02/2018

I would like to take this opportunity to say thank you to Emmett O'Dwyer, Jessica Fuster, and all of the staff at The Summit Lodge for all of their help in making our daughter's Wedding Day a perfect one! I can not say enough about all of the hard work you did to make the reception go on without flaw. You did an impeccable job. The Inn looked beautiful, and the grounds looked gorgeous. All of the gardens were meticulously maintained. The food was excellent, and the servers did an incredible job! As Mother of the Bride, I was able to relax and enjoy the wedding knowing everything was taken care of. You and your staff were extremely flexible with all of the guests and were able to accommodate all of our guests needs. Everyone was happy with their accommodations for their stay at the Lodge. We had a reception of 140 guests, so that was no easy task! It was an amazing day! In addition to all of this, I thought you and the staff would like to know that I am now receiving thank you notes from our guests saying what wonderful time they had! Thank you Summit Lodge!
    Yours, Truly,
    Sally Koch

Sent on 06/12/2018

Sally,

Thank you for this wonderful review!! It was an absolutely pleasure working with you and the family!!! The day could not have been more perfect. Seeing everyone having a great time was the icing on the cake!!! We look forward to working with you again the future. All the best, Jessica

Molly · Married on 06/02/2018

The Summit Lodge was by far the best choice we made for the venue for our very special day. Thank you to all the staff who helped make our wedding day so amazing, and SO MUCH FUN! The Summit clearly knows what they're doing! Emmett O'Dwyer is the Summit's new owner, and they just did a ton of renovations to the reception hall space, and it all came out absolutely gorgeous (it opened the dance floor right up!). Everything from setup, to coordination of all our vendors, to taking care of all our special details, to feeding everybody and taking care of our guests - it all went off without a hitch! They even found beautiful, rustic old wooden wheel that they mounted on the wall for us and made a beautiful flower display out of. All our guests raved to us about how much fun they had. Again, thank you so much for taking care of us for this amazing day. It was truly incredible all around and I honestly would not have changed a single thing!

Sent on 06/18/2018

Summit Lodge Resort's reply:

Thank you so much Molly!! It was an absolutely beautiful day and a pleasure working with you and the entire family!! Wishing you and Dustin the very best! - Jessica

Lisbeth · Married on 01/20/2018

Ever since I was a little girl I dreamed of a winter wedding. January 2018 my dream became a reality, thanks to The Summit Lodge. Emmett, Jessica, and the rest of the staff are fantastic! The food and atmosphere were amazing I still have friends and family telling me how much they enjoyed everything. Jessica and her staff were my lifesavers on the day of the wedding any that could have or did go wrong they handled quickly and professionally leaving me and my wedding party to just worry about getting ready and relax as much as we could. They were also very accommodating to any requests my husband and I had throughout the planning process. I would and have highly recommend The Summit Lodge as a perfect Vermont wedding venue!

Sent on 06/07/2018

Summit Lodge Resort's reply:

Lisbeth & Mike - It was an absolute pleasure working with you both. What a beautiful day you both had celebrating your love!!! It was truly magical! We all wish you both the very best!! - Jessica

Lindsey · Married on 10/14/2017

The Summit Lodge is perfectly rustic, yet comfortably refined. From the heated outdoor pool, to the huge Jacuzzi tub, array of lawn games, pool bar, fire pit and onsite restaurants this location has it all! Many of our guests never even left the hotel. The grounds are beautifully kept and very inviting and the whole place has a wonderfully intimate feel.
    With 150 guests, mostly from out of town it was very convenient to host everything in one location. The Summit Lodge has many suitable spaces for all aspects of your event. The Pub and living room with its huge flagstone fireplace was the perfect place to gather for our welcome reception on Friday night. The ceremony was held on the front lawn gazebo with stunning views of Killington Mountain as the backdrop. The poolside bar, terrace and gardens were lovely setting for the cocktail hour. The Green Mountain Room with its large windows, dance floor and wrap around porch boasted plenty of room for our reception dinner. On Sunday morning we even hosted a brunch on the terrace to thank our guests and send them on their way!
    Catering was done for all the events right on-site and the food was wonderful with many menus to fit all kinds of budgets. They provide the tables, chairs and linens too. We even rented their onsite photo booth for a very reasonable rate!
    I cannot say enough good things about Mr. O'Dwyer and the staff at the Summit Lodge! They took care of every detail and their in-house wedding planner Jessica made the whole process a breeze. If you are looking for a unique, charming and picturesque venue in the Green Mountains the Summit Lodge is the place for you. My husband and I look forward to returning and celebrating many future anniversaries there!

Sent on 06/13/2018

Lindsey,
    Thank you so much for your kind words and review!! Your day was one to remember and we wish you both the very best and look forward to seeing you for years to come!! Thank you for the pictures as well.

All the best,
    Jessica

Elizabeth · Married on 09/30/2017

The Summit Lodge was the perfect place for my wedding. The staff was amazing and worked with me the entire way. Even though it rained, they created the most beautiful setting in their living room for my special day.

Sent on 05/12/2018

Summit Lodge Resort's reply:

Thank you Elizabeth!! It was an absolutely beautiful wedding and pleasure working with you!

Laura · Married on 10/15/2016

The Summit Lodge made every part of planning our wedding so easy!! It was a perfect day & everything my husband & I wanted! Emmit & his staff went above and beyond to make our family & friends feel accommodated & welcome in a warm & friendly environment!

Sent on 06/24/2018

Summit Lodge Resort's reply:

Thank you Laura!!! Wishing you both the very best. Thank you for the pictures as well they are beauitful - Jessica

Michelle · Married on 08/06/2016

Great experience working with this venue

A great venue. Staff is lovely. Venue is so unique and wonderful. I had a great experience working with them as a Vermont Wedding vendor.

Sent on 10/17/2019
  • Blair

Blair · Married on 06/06/2009

Cindy Phillips and the rest of the Summit Lodge staff went out of their way to make my wedding an absolutely perfect day. They made every guest feel at home and made sure that every single little detail was chosen by my husband and I. The setting is beautiful and the ability to have both ceremony and reception there was very convenient for the guests and us! I could not have been more happy with everything they provided and cannot imagine that the same service would be provided anywhere else in the Killington area.

Sent on 07/08/2009
  • Krystina

Krystina · Married on 09/21/2019

Best day of our lives:)

We had our wedding at Summit Lodge this past September and it could not have been more perfect! Jessica and everyone there worked hard to make our dream wedding come true and it did:) It is a beautiful, rustic location which is exactly what we were looking for. And as a bonus, very reasonable price! It has a stunning view of Killington behind the gazebo, where we got married outside. All of our guests had a fantastic time. They loved the grounds, pub, and everything the lodge has to offer (and so did we!). We did a bonfire there the first night to welcome our guests as well which was a huge hit. The ceremony location was perfect, and the reception hall also accomodated all of our guests, a dance floor and the DJ perfectly and it is an awesome space to decorate however you'd like. They are all amazing to work with, espeically Jessica the venue coordinator. She is seriously AMAZING. She's been in the business for 20 years or something and knows the answer to everything. She is so helpful and flexible and honestly one of the reasons we picked the location was because of her. She took care of everything the day of so we could just enjoy the day. Don't hesitate to get married at Summit Lodge- we have no regrets and neither will you! Thank you to Jessica and everyone there for making our wedding day the best day of our lives:)

Sent on 11/02/2019

Emily · Married on 08/11/2016

3.5

We got married on a thursday and they cut the price in half which was great for us. Unfortunately the ownership switched hands in the middle of our planning but it didn't affect us at all. The new owner was very nice and accommodating. We did noot have to worry about a thing. I had zero stress and the staff there was a big part of that. We loved it.

Sent on 12/08/2016

Carissa · Married on 08/18/2018

3.0

Summit Lodge is great

Summit Lodge is an excellent choice for a wedding. The venue has so much character and charm, fun amenities including pools, hot tub, on-site bar and pub, lawn games, bonfire, and a fantastic, attentive staff. Your guests will enjoy the laidback atmosphere and the simplicity of having all of the wedding events in a single venue.

The attention to detail on all from the staff is second to none. We had a specialty cocktail (margarita) made with fresh squeezed lime and grapefruit juice that was made to perfection (even better than our margaritas at home). The grounds are very well maintained and staff was able to be flexible in changing weather conditions, assisted in the coordination of the wedding ceremony, and was able to help out with any requests or issues with the wedding party during preparations.

The food for the reception was excellent and very reasonably priced. The included breakfast is also very good, and room prices for your guests are reasonable. We were able to keep the reception after-party rolling to early in the AM in the on-site Irish Pub with no need for transportation accommodations for guests.

I would highly recommend this venue for a weekend destination, as you will be able to reserve the venue privately for your family and friends as long as you meet a certain threshold of guests.

Sent on 10/17/2018

Summit Lodge Resort's reply:

Thank you Carissa & Matt - your wedding weekend was a blast! Still the best ever end to a reception in our POOL!!!! Wishing you both the best. Can not wait to see you again soon! ~ Jessica