17 Reviews for Stowe Mountain Lodge

Cash Bar (1)
Shuttle (1)
Wheelchair Access (1)
17 Stowe Mountain Lodge Reviews

There is hands down - no better hospitality or service at any hotel we've ever been to than the Stowe Mountain Lodge. Our guests today are raving to this day about attending the best wedding of their lives - where they enjoyed not only the main wedding events, but also the lodging at SML where they felt so incredibly taken care of!

We got married in SML this past July with my big crazy Indian family and >150 of our guests staying on site - and it was certainly a weekend to remember. it was not just the major wedding events, but the true Stowe Mountain Lodge hospitality (SML) and the little details, moments, meals, and hard work tirelessly managed behind the scenes that made this such a phenomenal weekend. Ashley, Calais, Wendy, Julie, Justin, and the entire SML staff welcomed all of our zany ideas, unique requests, and our very type A family with such warmth, patience, and open arms from day 1 of planning to our wedding day. Our guests saw this warmth firsthand – whether it was the valet team going above and beyond to take care of our guests through minor accidents or road trouble, the pampering and care we experienced at the Salon and Spa (like when they brought me balm for my sore knee and hot tea on tap for my sore throat!), or the team managing such a complicated timeline like clockwork. As the traditions, rituals, and the shape of modern day weddings and culture evolve, it is so critical to have a venue, vendors, and staff by your side as partners that are willing to adapt and evolve to meet those needs. The Lodge and their staff exemplify this new era of weddings and have become like a second home and extended family to us. They really treated us all like family - and everything went on without a hitch! I think we may be the only Indian wedding that actually started 2 minutes EARLY ;) They offered our families, our friends, and Kunal and me a lifetime of memories – & we cannot wait to come back again and visit our new Vermont home in the years to come!

Profile Picture Kriti, 7/27/18, 6 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We had a winter wonderland wedding in Stowe in mid-December at the Stowe Mountain Lodge and I cannot say enough great things about the experience! Growing up in Stowe, I always knew I wanted to get married in town but I didn't know exactly where. After getting engaged, I met with Wendy Collins at SML and knew immediately that we were in the right hands and at the right place. We decided early on that we were going to hold both the ceremony and reception at the hotel. We quickly worked through the contract phase and locked in a great room rate with over 90 rooms booked in the hotel. As the planning continued, we decided to host our rehearsal dinner at the SMC Golf Cottage and hosted the welcome party at the skating pavilion so that our guests would not need to leave upon arrival on Friday night. Wendy worked through every detail with me over the 8 months of planning and gave great guidance and help along the way. We communicated by phone and email and had a few in-person meetings in the months leading up to the wedding. Upon arrival at the Stowe Mountain Lodge, all of our guests were treated like royalty and had the absolute best service and loved their rooms. Wendy was with us from Thursday through Sunday and running all events. We had a family style dinner Friday night at the golf cottage. We then met the rest of the guests at the skating pavilion and had everyone skating and mingling in the barn until 10pm. It was so much fun and such a great way to kickoff the weekend. Saturday we woke up in the Front Four Suite and had the "glam squad" from the Stowe Mountain Lodge Spa join us in the suite to do hair and makeup. Everyone looked stunning and it was a relaxed fun environment. The ceremony, cocktail hour and reception flowed into each other flawlessly due to our work on the timeline and my husband and I were left to just enjoy everything without any stress. The food was delicious and service perfect! Wish we could do it all again! Highly recommend a wedding at SML!

Profile Picture Lillian, 12/16/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Lighting & Decor, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, Liquor License, Open Bar, Signature Drink, Parking, Valet, Accommodations, Outside Vendors, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, Event Rentals, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Lighting/Sound, Pet Friendly, Set Up, Wireless Internet, Buffet, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Family Style, Hors d'Oeuvres, Outside Cake, Plated, Server(s), Stations, Tastings, Indoor, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Furniture, Lighting, Tables

We couldn't have picked a better place to get married! Wendy and all of the Stowe Mountain Lodge staff were AMAZING!
Wendy went above and beyond to make sure our wedding day was stress free.
We cannot wait to come back!

Profile Picture danielle , 12/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Stowe Mountain Lodge was an AMAZING place for us to have our destination wedding weekend. The entire process was great! From the very beginning on our first tour of the site, the Lodge staff treated us wonderfully and made us feel special and less stressed. In particular, Wendy was an absolute godsend. As our wedding coordinator for everything at the Lodge, she helped us with the rehearsal dinner, a welcome party, the wedding itself, and every little step in-between. She was absolutely crucial in making our wedding weekend go as planned and was respectful of our budget and our style/desires the entire time. Go with Stowe Mountain Lodge and you will have the best wedding ever!

Profile Picture Christine, 10/7/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Beer, House Liquor, House Wine, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Specialty Wine, Parking, Valet, Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Accommodations, Outside Vendors, Bridal Suite, Cake, Clean Up, Event Planning, In-House Bar, In-House Catering, Lighting/Sound, Pet Friendly, Set Up, Wireless Internet, Audio Equipment, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Furniture, Lighting, Tables, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Server(s), Tastings, Scenic Views, Uncovered Outdoor

The team at SML is hands down the best. Wendy and her team exceeded all expectations we had for our wedding. If you want the wedding that will make everyone in the crowd envious of, work with her and SML!

Profile Picture Jason, 9/2/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

We loved the Stowe Mountain Lodge from the moment we arrived. The event planner, Wendy Collins, was friendly and professional. She was a pleasure to work with. Wendy was always personable and available to talk to for however long we needed and answer any questions. Wendy and the staff accommodated every request we had. We would recommend the Stowe Mountain Lodge to anyone who asked.

Profile Picture Tim and Kelly, 8/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Our wedding was more than we could have ever hoped! Stowe Mountain Lodge was everything we wanted in a venue; a destination close to home. Only an hour drive, but a great weekend away for us and our guests with multiple amenities. Not only was the venue perfect but the staff was amazing! Extremely accommodating and always ensuring that no only we were well taken care of, but also our family and friends. They always went above an beyond with the little details. However, most of all Wendy Collins made our experience and wedding weekend perfect! She was alway multiple steps ahead of my husband and I to add finishing touches or ensure that everything was perfect for the rehearsal dinner, welcome party, wedding and Sunday brunch. She was absolutely amazing to work with and we enjoy being able to visit Stowe Mountain Lodge for special occasions, our anniversary or just a weekend away! We highly recommend the venue!

Profile Picture Ashley, 8/13/16, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

From the first time we stepped foot in the entry of Stowe Mountain Lodge we knew we just had to have our wedding their. Our dream was of an elegant winter wedding with the feel of a grand lodge. We got that and so much more.
Every guest was overwhelmed by how stunning the the venue, how gracious the staff and how amazing the food.
The highlight for me as a bride, no doubt, was working with Wendy. She isn't just someone whose job it is to assist you in the Wedding process. She had her hand in everything from the Rehearsal to the post wedding brunch. She worked with my bridesmaids to put on an exquisite Spa bachelorette party for me a few days before the Wedding. She was involved in our accommodations, our recreation, everything.
We got married nearly 3 years ago and Wendy and I still keep in touch and visit whenever I'm in town. (We live in NJ.) Wendy, John and SML gave us the Wedding of a lifetime and we could not have done it without them.

Profile Picture Sarah, 1/31/15, 4 Reviews
Category: Beauty & Health, Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Barware, China, Flatware, Glassware, Linens, Indoor, Scenic Views, Chairs, Dance Floor, Decor, Furniture, Tables, Cocktail Reception, Dessert, Hors d'Oeuvres, Plated, Tastings, Parking, Shuttle, Valet, Bartender(s), Champagne Toast, House Wine, Open Bar, Premium Liquor, Signature Drink, Specialty Beer, Accommodations, Clean Up, Event Planning, In-House Catering, Pet Friendly

As a groom, I'm sure my review is a lot shorter than my wife's review of Stowe Mountain Lodge. I will say this... the food was incredible, the venue was gorgeous, and the service was exceptional. For example, I realized a few hours before our rehearsal dinner that I had left my blazer back home in NJ (typical groom stuff, am I right?). Wendy, our wedding coordinator, drove home to her house and grabbed a blazer from her husband's closet to let me borrow for the evening. Like I said, exceptional service!!

Profile Picture Tom, 1/31/15, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Unique Services (Other)

Beautiful Location and great staff. The catering sales manager Calais Van Horn was fantastic.

Profile Picture betsy, 2/9/13, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

Calais from the Stowe Mountain Lodge was amazing. All of her emails and communications were clear and helpful, she got us everything we needed (and more!), and was polite to a fault. The day of the wedding she made sure everything ran smoothly (even pulling out my chair at the reception when I suddenly needed to get up; I didn't even know she was there!). From finding binder clips and safety pins at the last minute to getting the bridesmaids a swank mountain-view suite to change in after we got our hair done, she was the best.

The lodge itself was perfect, from the beautiful printed menus to the unbelievable food (best filet I've ever had - cooked perfectly), from the breathtaking outdoor ceremony space to the comfortable and lovely dining chairs, the SML is fabulous.

Profile Picture User1543522, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
4.7

Stowe Mountain Lodge is a stunningly beautiful wedding spot. The minute you walk into the hotel lobby, you know that you will have an elegant Vermont experience. When we saw it for the first time, we looked no further! Wendy Collins is lovely and very professional. She fielded MANY questions and regular communications throughout the planning process!! She led us to an amazing wedding cake baker who created an extremely unique and scrumptious cake. She also made recommendations for our DJ and florist and we were very pleased with them. She was also very accommodating and flexible as we had some special requests for our out of state officiant, some extra musician needs and a last minute "morning after" brunch.
The backdrop of the ceremony on the terrace is gorgeous and our photos are breathtaking. The weather on the day of our ceremony was precarious, but Wendy stayed the course and kept us calm and it all worked out beautifully.
Prior to our wedding, the tasting in the Solstice dining room was absolutely delicious and impressive and our wedding dinner did not disappoint! Service was timely and professional. Our guests loved all of the food and drink and continue to rave that it was the most wonderful wedding they have ever attended!

Profile Picture D, 6/24/17, 2 Reviews
4.7

Working with Wendy Collins and Stowe Mountain Lodge to plan and host our wedding was an overall excellent experience. Wendy is incredibly helpful, organized, and accommodating. She is also a warm and grounding presence which is often times needed when planning your big day gets a little stressful or complicated. With her help the event ran smoothly and any tiny hiccup was addressed and managed immediately. Stowe Mountain Lodge is a large modern ski resort side venue that has it all right there which is perfect for guest convenience and comfort. The food prepared on site was top notch for a wedding as were all the extra venue vendors Wendy connected us with. Even now we continue to be told by our guests that they had so much fun celebrating our wedding at Stowe Mountain Lodge and so did we.

Profile Picture Janet, 3/25/17, 1 Review
4.7

We love everything about Stowe Mountain Lodge. From the minute you arrive the valet staff through every employee make you feel comfortable and welcome without being stuffy. The lodge itself is absolutely gorgeous and see's to every need and the event staff are incredibly helpful. There are many options for both large and small groups and the team worked with us to ensure that all of our events went off seamlessly. I was also impressed with the team's flexibility and willingness to get creative. Every guest left feeling as if they had a wonderful vacation away and we may all just go back together for our anniversary.

Profile Picture User3919461, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
3.6

We had a fun reception at Stowe Mountain Lodge, Calais was wonderful through the planning process. Unfortunately there were a few big missteps at the reception. There was a glaring typo on our menu, no chef at the slider station, no condiments or buns at the slider station, one bar at the reception instead of two, cake cutting was held quietly in the corner of the room instead of in the middle of the dance floor...and one or two minor mistakes. It was a wonderful evening, however the mistakes made were very disappointing and very noticeable.

Profile Picture Kristin, 8/4/12, 1 Review
3.5

Very beautiful locale - especially the Cliff House for ceremonies. The Lodge has modern rooms, and Spruce Camp is great for the reception. You're surrounded by gorgeous mountains and in the fall, leaves turning.

Profile Picture User2773942, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews