Spectacular Events Reviews

Spectacular Events 6
Spectacular Events 7
  • michelle

michelle · Married on 08/17/2019

Kind, Genuine, and Professional!

We were so pleased with our experience with Erin and Jessica. They were so warm and accessible and really helped with my wedding day stress. We were required to hire a DOC for our venue and honestly, it was the best money we spent. I would recommend hiring a DOC even if you aren't required to, it really makes a difference. They were organized, communicative, and day of when a few things went awry, Jessica handled it no questions. They are lovely and very professional! Hire them!

Sent on 08/30/2019

Virginia B · Married on 06/15/2019

Erin was our wedding coordinator for my daughters wedding

We hired Erin as our wedding day coordinator for my daughters wedding this past weekend and she blew us away! Erin was absolutely amazing. She was professional, poised and gracious at all times. I was on the fence about hiring a wedding coordinator, but it was the best decision I ever made!! As the mother of the bride, my greatest fear was not being able to enjoy my daughters special day, but Erin made this all possible. We spoke on a regular basis leading up to the wedding and she answered all of my questions and any concerns promptly. Erin kept in contact with all of the wedding vendors as well as keeping in touch with the bridal party. Anything we needed, Erin was there. Me and my daughters felt like she was part of our family right from the start. She is so personable and easy to work with! I would tell anyone who is questing hiring a wedding coordinator to stop questioning it and do it! I highly recommend hiring Erin, she is worth every penny!!!

Sent on 06/19/2019

Nora G · Married on 05/11/2019

Truly Spectacular

Erin is absolutely phenomenal. My husband and I are so happy that we hired her to be our wedding coordinator. We initially thought that we could probably get by without a wedding coordinator, but as the day got closer we decided it might be worth it to at least look into options. Just from my first phone call with Erin, I already felt like a huge weight was lifted off of my shoulders. And it only got better from there. We were very busy in the weeks leading up to the wedding, and Erin made sure that everything that needed to be done got done. She is extremely dedicated, patient, detail-oriented, and a great source of advice, not to mention simply a fun person to be around. Our other vendors commented to us on how much they enjoyed working with Erin and how much she impressed them as a coordinator. Our wedding day went extremely smoothly thanks to Erin's expert guidance. Anyone reading this should hire her!

Sent on 06/19/2019

J Po · Married on 09/22/2018

Absolutely Wonderful

Words cannot begin to explain how pleased we are with our experience with Erin. Our wedding was a little bit over a month ago in NYC. For two NY professionals without much time to think about the small details that go into a wedding, my husband and I were pretty overwhelmed with tackling every piece that goes into wedding day logistics. I can say that I was nervous as a first-time-bride that I would be drowning in logistics and all the small details on the day of the wedding. Erin seamlessly helped us navigate the wedding process and keep us on track. I can gladly say that thanks to Erin, I did not do anything but enjoy, let go and dance away on my big day.

A huge thing that I came to appreciate on the day-of was that Erin stays with the bride and groom throughout the reception. She makes sure everything is on time and communicates with the couple how everything is coming long. She is insanely prepared – to the point she saw me touching my bun while dancing on the dance floor and next thing you know, she’s helping me secure my bun with bobby pins! Talk about anticipating needs…

Another thing I really loved was the ownership Erin took for making sure the timeline was tailored to our needs with other vendors and wedding participants, and that the timeline was adhered to the day off.. Specifically, we wanted minimal formality and dancing ASAP. Erin internalized this and made it happen! She worked with the entire crew and each vendor and we were on time the whole night. While the groom and I were taking couple portraits during the cocktail hour, Erin came with us and brought us champagne and would let us know where we were in the evening. It was like having our own personal guide through our wedding. All I have received is great feedback about how much fun our wedding was and we have much of that to owe to Erin!

Erin is wonderful to work with. She executes, is very solution-oriented, is responsive, performs under pressure and is just generally great to be around. These qualities make her very effective at working with multiple personalities on an emotionally charged day like a wedding. She was extremely composed while executing on deliverables, but most importantly, she instilled confidence in the bride and groom and made sure we felt at ease so that we could cut back and relax. And indeed we did! We cannot stress enough that we recommend Erin’s services without hesitation and think you will make your wedding journey much easier by giving her a call already 

Sent on 10/29/2018

Heather · Married on 08/18/2018

We hired Erin as our Day of Coordinator for our wedding on 8/18/18. Erin went above and beyond my expectations for what a day of coordinator would do. We had regular contact months out before the wedding and she promptly answered any question I had. Our wedding weekend was filled with obstacles (specifically torrential rain the night before and day of the ceremony for an outdoor farm wedding!!), and Erin did an amazing job keeping me calm, making changes on the fly, and making sure everybody was where they needed to be and doing what they needed to be doing. It was really a breath of fresh air having Erin by my side. She not only managed every obstacle we faced with ease, but she even brought me food after the wedding when I forgot to eat at the reception! Not only is Erin dependable and professional, but she is also fun, engaging, and overall blast to hang out with! She is absolutely amazing and will truly make your event spectacular!

Sent on 09/03/2018

Rebecca · Married on 08/18/2018

Jessica did an amazing job on our wedding day. She intuitively knew what we wanted and needed, gave very helpful tips and suggestions along the way, and worked behind the scenes to make sure our vendors were on the same page. It was so nice to relinquish control to Jessica to handle the coordination so we could enjoy our time with family and friends. Plus, the pricing was the most reasonable we came across in our search. Thank you, Jessica and Erin!

Sent on 10/07/2018

Megan · Married on 07/27/2018

Erin is a saint, an angel, a wedding good luck fairy. I honestly didn’t realize how much I needed her there until she was - because of her I did not worry. Because of her I could soak it all in and remain present. Because of her, I could relax.

Thank you will never be enough.

There are so many things that one can forgo on their wedding day - don’t skip over having a point person.

Erin will execute the dreams that you’ve been planning for months become a reality - and help you, your fiancé, your bridal party, your loved ones feel at ease.

It’s impossible to be stressed or nervous when Erin’s working a wedding, for she handles it all!

Sent on 08/01/2018
    Spectacular Events 8

Michelle · Married on 07/14/2018

Erin is seriously the most amazing human ever. My mind was completely at ease knowing I had Erin by my side. She goes ABOVE and BEYOND her duties and irons out any wrinkle before you even realize it’s happening. Her attention to detail is unreal. She even made sure I was on the dance floor for my favorite song (she remembered I said I loved the song in passing!) she is simply the greatest and I couldn’t recommend her more.

Sent on 07/30/2018
  • Dana

Dana · Married on 07/07/2018

We hired Erin to be our wedding day-of coordinator and were so impressed by her work. She was very professional, clear, and responsive. She helped us plan before the wedding and was with us throughout the weekend to coordinate the rehearsal dinner and wedding day. There were many small emergencies that she handled with ease. She was such a calming and positive presence, and truly made our wedding day better. We wholeheartedly recommend her!

Sent on 10/06/2018

Sara · Married on 06/23/2018

Words can’t describe how wonderful Erin is!! I can’t imagine having had my wedding without her at the helm! She created a detailed timeline and made sure everything ran on a perfect schedule. She coordinated with all of my vendors so I had no stress leading up to the main event. She wrangled our rowdy wedding party with absolute ease. And most importantly, made sure I wanted for absolutely nothing the day of. Erin was there for all of my pre-wedding freak outs and always made me feel instantly better! I absolutely recommend Erin and her team to make sure your day is absolutely perfect!

Sent on 07/30/2018

Victoria · Married on 06/23/2018

Jessica was EVERYTHING we wanted and needed on our wedding day and leading up to it. Her personality/approach were perfect- she was enthusiastic, invested, and eager, but also kept me calm, and felt like my rock all day. I felt like she “got me” more than any vendor we worked with. When you get the forecast you never imagined having for your wedding day, or other wedding vendors are stressing you out, you will be SO HAPPY you have Jessica by your side. There were also a million little things that she solved/saved before they even became an issue that I didn’t even know about (my bridesmaids nonchalantly told me in the weeks afterward and I loved Jessica even more for it!)

We aligned on the timeline in advance and she joined us for a venue walk-through, which was great. They involve themselves in advance just the right amount to take over when you will need to step back, and to be in full control on the wedding day. On the day of, she really knew where to be and when, and without having done a wedding at our venue The Roundhouse before! I’m super Type A, had a 40-tab Wedding google sheet, etc, and had the fear that no one could be as thorough as I’d want them to be on this monumental day, but Erin and Jessica gave me the confidence that I could plan my heart out leading up to the wedding and then relinquish control on the wedding day so that I could really enjoy it without worrying. And that I did. It almost makes me tear up thinking of how happy I am that we had her, so we could just be present and embrace the amazingness of the day- THANK YOU Jessica!

Additionally, their pricing is really amazing and they are so fair, clear, and organized. Jessica worked so hard for us, and was so professional and amazing, and we really appreciate it. Book Jessica asap, you will be SO glad you did.

Sent on 09/24/2018

Thomas · Married on 05/28/2018

We loved working with Erin on our wedding. She was incredibly well organized and prepared to help us run our wedding day. She had thought of the things we could not have planned on and was ready to handle them when they did. In all of our meetings with her she lovely, professional, and on top of all the little details.

Sent on 06/29/2018
    Spectacular Events 9
    Spectacular Events 10
    Spectacular Events 11
    Spectacular Events 12

Jessica · Married on 05/28/2018

Erin was amazing. Before our first phone conversation, Erin had looked up our wedding website so she was already in the know about our venue, wedding party, etc. She was a joy to work with. Everything seemed easy and effortless. She covered a potential disaster with our caterer so well that no one knew there was a problem. All our vendors, wedding party & family spoke very highly of her as well. Hire Erin. You won't regret it!

Sent on 06/29/2018

Jenny · Married on 05/21/2018

I cannot say enough amazing things about Jessica and Erin. Not only are they the ultimate professionals, they are also incredibly fun and a joy to be around. Everyone - from our vendors, to our parents, to our guests commented how kind and pleasant they were. Our wedding went flawlessly - all thanks to Spectacular Events By Erin. I was definitely the bride asking myself "why do I need a wedding coordinator?", especially when we planned to have a casual and small wedding. Trust me - you need one, and Jessica and Erin are your gals!

Sent on 06/04/2018

Jeffrey · Married on 05/21/2018

We are so happy and thankful that Erin could support us through our wedding day. Your wedding day will be perfect and any bumps along the way Erin will masterfully smooth out without you even knowing! Even ahead of the day she will help structure and facilitate as needed to help you feel prepared for a good time. My husband and I can sometimes not be as proactive for planning but Erin helped provide that extra nudge to continue arranging all the wedding things.

Erin really is a joy. She's fun, responsive, organized, and just there for you. Even past the wedding day a lot of our family/friends come tell us that this was the best wedding they've ever been to. I'm sure that you could have the same awesome wedding or better, but for us there's no way it could have been such a success without Erin.

Sent on 06/26/2018
    Spectacular Events 13
    Spectacular Events 14

Michael · Married on 05/12/2018

My husband and I chose a venue that was just a raw space. We had to secure everything from the caterer, cake, flowers, decor as well as the usual wedding accompaniments (save the dates, engagement shoot, invitation, favors, clothing, hotels, officiant, etc.)
    Early on in the process, I spoke with Erin on the phone to see if we could benefit from a coordinator. Two months before our wedding date, our caterer (who was previously approved by the venue) fell ill and had to cancel. In a panic, I called Erin. Sure enough - her calm cheery and reassuring disposition really helped settle my nerves. We booked Erin to help us with the wedding and it was the BEST money we spent on the entire day!
    Erin is the most efficient, professional, friendly, and capable vendor we met with! She handled last minute snafu's (believe me - you will have them). Our guests were even complimenting Erin to us for weeks after the wedding! She really handled everything - coordinating with an EXTREMELY difficult venue, as well as ALL of our individual vendors was no small task. My cab rear ended another car on our way to central park to take photos and Erin handled it like a champ!
    Erin truly made our day PERFECT. If you'd like to actually enjoy your event - hire Erin. She's actually worth MORE than what she charges. She was an amazing coordinator, and she will be a future friend! :)

Sent on 08/09/2018
    Spectacular Events 15
    Spectacular Events 16
    Spectacular Events 17
    Spectacular Events 18

Rachel · Married on 04/21/2018

Erin and her associate, Jessica, are a fantastic team! They went above and beyond my expectations and handled all hiccups with tact and ease. Erin, my fiancee, and I met several times prior to the wedding. Erin is so organized and helped me keep my day-of timeline structured, but also built in enough time so that we didn't feel super rushed. She communicated with all my vendors and coordinated with them to make sure that all of my needs were met. Because Erin was unable to attend my rehearsal dinner, her associate, Jessica, took over. Jessica is a dream to work with! She was very easy to work with and made sure that everyone was where they needed to be at all the specific times. We only needed to go through the ceremony twice before heading to our dinner site because she ran it so smoothly! There were a couple of mishaps the day of the wedding, which were my fault, and involved me forgetting to include a few people who had RSVP'd on our seating chart. Erin was able to to quickly and efficiently fix the situation without making anyone feel like they had been forgotten, and without the guests causing a scene. My parents were so happy to have both Jessica and Erin streamlining the wedding, so that they could actually take everything in and just enjoy the day without having any extra responsibilities. It was awesome! I recommend Erin and Jessica to anyone looking to have a fantastic day without having to worry about anything.

Sent on 05/26/2018

Christina · Married on 03/24/2018

We were so grateful to have been recommended to Spectacular Events by Erin because we were able to experience our daughter’s wedding day with a calm confidence and without getting overly nervous. So, while our vendors were paying attention to the many things we paid them to do, Erin was paying attention to supporting us!

It’s hard to account for how you’re going feel when the big day arrives. You know all the moving parts are underway, but then you’re taken off guard at the first sight of your daughter in her wedding dress, or you get a bit overcome by the many well wishers greeting you throughout the day.

In all of this it would have been hard for us to …pick up a bridesmaid that was stranded without a car. Or, diplomatically manage two dueling priests at the wedding rehearsal. Or, find a ride for the late guests who missed the hotel shuttle.
    Or replace the mp3 that wouldn’t load onto the DJ’s sound system so the bride’s brother could sing his song.

These last minute glitches were handled smoothly by the quick thinking, fast-moving and fun-loving, Erin, who simply pointed to her big smile saying, “Does this face looked stressed?” And off she went to save the day.

My husband asked me to add his comment to my review. He admits that he was the first one to be skeptical about taking on an additional service. Today, he wholeheartedly attributes our decision to hire Erin as the reason we were truly able to relax and enjoy our daughter’s wedding day with ease and dignity.

Every event needs an Erin!

Gratefully & with high recommendation,

Christina & John Mandara

Sent on 04/15/2018

Jen · Married on 12/16/2017

Erin was AMAZING throughout the entire process. I can't even begin to explain how much of a relief it was for us when we decided to go with Erin. From our first phone call to the day of the wedding, she was exceptional. She is extremely organized and was so easy and accommodating when we were both a nervous wreck. She made sure that all of our vendors were in check and the entire event was perfect. We had our wedding at the green building in Brooklyn and it was a DIY. Erin was great wrangling our vendors and assisting with last minute details/changes. She kept us all in line with our timeline and it made us feel so much better knowing that Erin was coordinating our event. I would recommend Erin to everyone, she is perfect and is amazing at what she does!

Sent on 01/07/2018

Sarah · Married on 11/04/2017

Erin was amazing! We originally only hired her to help coordinate the reception and make sure things ran smoothly, but we ended up using her for almost the entire day and she was just a gem! She bent over backwards to make sure that our day went according to plan, and she really got along with all my family and friends. She had a smile on the entire time and made sure we (bride & groom) didn't have to do anything but enjoy our night. She responded to e-mails and call quickly, and always kept me stress free. I would recommend her to anyone and everyone! xo

Sent on 01/12/2018
    Spectacular Events 19
    Spectacular Events 20

Jeanine · Married on 10/29/2017

I was a bridesmaid for one of my most kindhearted and considerate friends this weekend and just wanted her day be as seamless and stress free as possible. Erin was amazing. One step ahead and subtly took the initiative on everything without stepping on toes and had a smile on her face the whole time. She was professional, pleasant, competent, she was able to get things done quickly and kept the bride calm so she could focus on enjoying her beautiful day. I would recommend Erin to anyone, especially a bride. The entire bridal party could not believe how amazing she was and I honestly wish i knew about her when I got married!

Sent on 10/30/2017

D · Married on 10/14/2017

Erin is who you want to hire to make sure you can actually enjoy your wedding day. After our wedding, so many friends and family members told us how amazing Erin is. She was with us for our wedding day and attended the church rehearsal the night before so she could help ensure all details were covered and that we would keep on schedule that she helped us craft. She was the go to person during our day and helped ensure we didn't see any of the typical hiccups or vendor conversations.

I found Erin through online research and everything you read is true - she is such a joyful and comforting person. You will be so happy to have her by your side. From our first conversation, to managing vendor communications on final details the week before, to offering to help with my dress bustle - I knew every step of the way we had selected the right person. Get in touch with Erin to see how she can make your day the best day ever.

Sent on 11/04/2017

E · Married on 10/08/2017

Erin is the BEST!!! We hired her as the weekend coordinator for our highly-unique and ambitious theater wedding, and she far exceeded both our expectations and her job description. She began working with us months before the event; suggesting vendors, visiting the venue, and offering guidance and feedback right away. We were so impressed with her prompt responses to emails and phone calls; and her knowledge, experience, and calming presence were essential for turning a nerve-wracking and emotional process into a fun and organized adventure. It was a huge relief to be able to turn the reins over to Erin on the wedding weekend! One of the things we loved most about her was that she worked hard to understand and execute our vision, rather than trying to fit our event into some kind of typical template. She was flexible and attentive to detail, but also not afraid to save us from ourselves when necessary; a rare combination of firm, without being pushy. It was exactly what we needed! Erin was the true MVP of our wedding weekend, going above and beyond. From organizing escort cards, to helping the bride avert a panic attack on the afternoon of the rehearsal dinner, to springing into action the morning of the wedding when rain changed our transportation plans, and even rushing to print our vows when we made last minute changes, she was always there to save the day. On top of all that, her generosity, good humor, and infectious laugh kept everyone at ease and smiling. We gave her a "mission impossible" task of a wedding, with many moving parts; a full multi-media production, including films and a stage show... the works. Erin aced it all, doing the jobs of 3 people, and everybody involved -- vendors, venue, families, and the wedding party -- absolutely loved her. We can't possibly praise her enough and feel so lucky to have worked with her. She is flat-out fantastic; a MUST for your wedding!

Sent on 12/31/2017
    Spectacular Events 21
    Spectacular Events 22
  • Embunny

Emilia · Married on 09/30/2017

I feel so lucky that we hired Erin as the coordinator for our wedding! She was a LIFESAVER at many key moments throughout our wedding weekend. During wedding planning there came a point when I realized that we really needed help for things to run smoothly during our day and thankfully I met and hired Erin to help us out. On meeting her, I was struck by her warm, upbeat personality. She's a joy to work with and she immediately put me at ease. Our wedding was in Montauk and like other reviewers have mentioned, she coordinated a walk through at our venue two weeks before the big day which was great to get a lay of the land and figure out logistics. The weekend of the wedding she ran our rehearsal the day before and even saved the day when we got locked out of our rental house! Long story, but essentially she took care of it while we enjoyed our rehearsal dinner. The day of our wedding we got a bit stressed because there was rain and we had planned to have our ceremony outside. This was no problem for Erin who kept a super positive attitude about the weather all day -- so helpful to me! She then walked us through our options with the venue, and helped us decide, in real time what decision to make. Ultimately we had the ceremony indoors and our guests all said they never would have known we had planned to do something else! I would 100% recommend Erin to any other NY area brides out there! She's a gem.

Sent on 10/19/2017