Southern City Lights Reviews

41 Reviews for Southern City Lights

• Josh

Josh Lauer · Getting married on 07/08/2021

Wedding Reception

Southern City Lights were by far the most professional and responsive group out of all vendors at our wedding. They didn't just provide a great show throughout the reception, they also communicated throughout the process and put us both at ease when it came to the entertainment part of the night. Our guests still talk about the band! I strongly encourage anyone looking for a great band to reach out to David and Southern City Lights, you will not regret it!

Sent on 11/26/2019

Southern City Lights's reply:

Hey Josh, Thank you so much! That really means a lot to us.

We've talked about your wedding several times since as well. For us, it was truly one of the best we have played. There was just such a nice atmosphere that allowed the night to really come to life naturally.

I sincerely enjoyed meeting everyone and for the opportunity to play a small part of that amazing day!

I wish y'all a Happy "First" Thanksgiving as a married couple and many more indeed!

Very Sincerely,

David Winkles.
  • Alexandra

Alexandra · Getting married on 06/03/2021

Great Music and dancing all night long!!!

If you want to have THE BEST TIME at your wedding, Southern City Lights is your band!!! Our dance floor was packed for the entire reception, everyone had a blast and wanted to know where we found David and his band! Being a musician, I was thoroughly impressed by their sound and their ability to sound consistently great in every different genre they played (not an easy feat!). David was very kind and responsive as we went over plans for the big picture down to all the important, little details. Despite the fact that my husband's and my song was not in their repertoire, they took the time to learn it and totally rocked it, which officially made the night for us, it was absolutely wonderful.

Sent on 04/19/2019
  • Tabitha

Tabitha T. Lozada · Getting married on 01/05/2021

The best band for weddings ever!

David Winkles was very professional in all aspects of working with us to schedule performances for our Friday night Welcome Party and Saturday evening Wedding. I can not explain the delight of having David perform solo at our outdoor Welcome Party where he entertained everyone during the dinner and afterwards. The next evening, he and his band were set up in the wedding pavilion where they played before and after the ceremony. Then they really rocked out and got everyone up and dancing for the rest of the evening! This made our wedding so special and fun that we can't thank them enough. From the ease of scheduling the band to coordinating our playlist and then to the final note, Southern City Lights was the perfect band for our wedding and will be for yours as well. Thank you, David & Southern City Lights!

Sent on 10/06/2019

Townley Pittman · Married on 09/21/2019

Excellent experience! Beyond Expectations!

Southern City Lights Band was right on target for our wedding. Communication was easy, always responsive and David helped us create a timeline to fit our plans for the evening. The band was engaging and fun for everyone. Their music and performance was exactly what we wanted. They also assisted another fire performer by pulling out a mobile speaker and hooking her music up for her show. Truly a great decision on our part to hire Southern City Lights for our daughter’s wedding reception.

Sent on 10/07/2019
  • W

Will Bauer · Married on 06/01/2019

Highly recommend!

The band was fantastic! David worked well with us fitting the songs that we wanted in to the wedding reception. Perfect touch to cap off a wonderful evening. Highly recommend!

Sent on 06/07/2019

Kayla Gates · Married on 05/25/2019

Amazingggg!

BEST BAND EVER! They made our wedding one big party and played exactly the kind of music we loved! DEFINITELY will use them again hopefully in the future! 100/100 recommend. If you don’t have Southern City Lights to play at your wedding or special event you aren’t doing it right!

Sent on 05/28/2019

Caitlyn Barton · Married on 05/18/2019

Bride - they were amazing! I would recommend.

They were amazing! I would recommend them to anyone! They played any suggestions you gave them and were very energetic!

Sent on 05/28/2019

Jennifer Jackson · Married on 05/18/2019

Magical Night

My guests are still complimenting us on the band a month after our wedding. They had an amazing time rocking out to them all night! They can play any genre you need and they performed our ceremony too. It was beautiful!

Sent on 06/25/2019
  • Hannah

Hannah Merriam · Married on 04/13/2019

Southern City Lights brought the party!

Southern City Lights was the BEST wedding band! The most important characteristic I valued in all of my vendors was communication and David Winkles was a great communicator! I think only ten minutes must have gone by from when I inquired about their availability and when I got a response! He was always so fast to respond to emails, dumb questions, texts, and calls! Other bands we had talked with charged extra fees for emceeing the wedding (literally just for saying “here’s the first dance, now there’s cake cutting, let’s throw the bouquet, it’s last call”), for DJing between breaks, for special requests, for providing sound for the ceremony.. David so eagerly helped us do all of this at no extra cost! We had Southern City Lights do our ceremony music (guitar and violin) and reception (we got the 5 piece band) and it was amazing! The ceremony music was the perfect, volume, was clear, and was exactly what I had hoped! We asked David and the violinist to learn “let it go” by Passenger and “Ho Hey” by the Lumineers for our ceremony and it was better than any instrumental youtube cover we could find! They also learned Skinny Love by Bon Iver for our last dance in addition to doing a special request for our first dance and transitioning to a different song part way through! They were great about taking special requests throughout the night! Our wedding had 180 guests and the band and dance floor were set up under a 30 by 30 tent. They set up the sound system and lights and it lit the tent up like a party! Southern City Lights was such a great value and we are so appreciative of David and his bandmates! Hire them today, you won’t regret it!

Sent on 04/15/2019

Anna Yanker · Married on 03/29/2019

Great sound and excellent service!

My husband and I could not speak more highly of David and his team! From the very beginning, he was on the ball and attentive to our style and song preference. He helped us plan a detailed outline of the music and made the time to do a run-through over the phone before the big day as well. He even changed up ALL the words to the Mother/Son first dance to accommodate us! We used only three band pieces but they made it sound like so much more, I can't even imagine how great their full set would be! David also played instrumental for our ceremony and learned all new songs to play while we walked down the aisle! Our friends and family had the BEST time and I've already gotten so many requests for his contact information from our guests! You can't go wrong with Southern City Lights!

Sent on 04/05/2019
  • Caitlin

Caitlin Wise Harris · Married on 03/08/2019

Kept the party going all night long

Absolutely amazing!! We were so happy with Southern City Lights and would choose them again a million times. They kept everyone on the dance floor and always chose the perfect song to fit the mood. They can play an incredible variety of songs, and if they don't know it, they will attempt to learn it for you! My husband and I wanted a song that wasn't on their normal list. They took the time to learn it, and it sounded perfect. We wanted a live band and we are so happy with our decision. Our guest couldn't get over how wonderful they were, and neither could we! Not to mention, we had to change our wedding date several time (my husband is in the Army) and they were so amazing with working with us and our coordinator. Hands down would recommend for any event!!

Sent on 10/29/2019

Southern City Lights's reply:

Thank you so much Caitlin! We truly enjoyed being a part of your special day. Your wedding was absolutely beautiful and your friends and family were so much fun. Your father’s speech was one of our favorite parts. So genuinely original. We hope you do choose us again in the future for another special event. We would be delighted. Thank you again and we wish you both the very best!

Megan · Married on 11/10/2018

Southern City Lights

Absolutely incredible! This band made my wedding- so many guests commented on how fabulous they were! David was wonderful to work with- learned any and every song I wanted played that they didn’t know (which wasn’t many) and he even played acoustic and sang in the woods for my woodland wedding during the ceremony- which I hear brought many to tears. Couldn’t have gotten a better band and I’m so thrilled to be able to recommend them wholeheartedly!

Sent on 11/21/2018

Southern City Lights's reply:

Megan, I would literally play your wedding wedding again next week! Too many genuinely special moments to count. Weddings like yours are a musician’s dream! From the intimate ceremony in the woods with nothing but an acoustic guitar, to rocking out with y’all and all of your amazing guests at the reception. Your wedding truly encompassed the word “perfect”. Please keep us in mind for any event you may have in the future. We wish you all the very best!

Anita Sullivan · Married on 11/03/2018

Best band ever!

Hire this band for your next event! David was wonderful to work with - very flexible with all the details. They have a huge song list to choose from and played great selections during dinner and then kept everyone dancing for hours. I highly recommend adding the saxophone! They made our daughter’s wedding extra special!

Sent on 11/21/2018

Southern City Lights's reply:

Thank you so much Anita! One of my favorite things about doing what we do is working closely with our clients ahead of time to not just get every detail perfectly planned, but to build a relationship and fully understand the vision and personality of the wedding. We would be thrilled to work with you again and be a part of any event you may have in the future! Your family was also super sweet and it was truly a pleasure to be in their company. I wish you all blessings. Thanks again!

Kayleigh · Married on 10/27/2018

Definitely recommended!

They were ammmmazing to work with! Very professional, fun, and all around great work. They made my wedding day perfect and I can’t thank them enough!

Kasey · Married on 10/20/2018

Awesome group

Wonderful to work with! They have a wide variety.. if you have certain songs you would like played make sure you get them out to them ahead of time. 👍👍

• Rachel

Rachel · Married on 10/06/2018

Fun, Exciting, and So Good!

We had a 3 piece band at our wedding. They were amazing! They were funny and interactive with the crowd. Every one danced and enjoyed the music. It made the night so incredible! We asked a couple weeks before if they could come earlier and play for the ceremony, and the lead pianist did an amazing job playing the worship songs we requested. They also learned our first dance song with not much notice, which we appreciated so much! Overall incredible night and the band made it even better!

Sent on 04/16/2019

Andrea · Married on 07/14/2018

We hired David and his violin player to play live music. They were our band and DJ - all in one! Southern City Lights had many options of a larger set up, but we were looking for something smaller. From the first email and phone call I made to David, he was very informative and flexible about what he offered. I was more than pleased before we even hired him. The day of the wedding was amazing! He set up, played and took down everything on the time schedule we agreed upon. I had no worries before, during or after our wedding. Southern City Lights made it beautiful with their equipment set up, great music and lighting and interaction with the crowd. Thank you for making our wedding beautiful!!!!! -Andrea and Shane

Sent on 08/23/2018

Jessica · Married on 07/10/2018

Engaging talented experience!

The band was on time, quick to respond, and very active in the planning process. They were very accommodating to my needs and wants for the ceremony and the reception. They responded well to my last min. changes in song choices. They lead the reception in different events that night that kept my guests engaged. They were a very talented group!

Sent on 10/18/2018

Maggie Neyman · Married on 07/02/2018

Wonderful band!

Southern City Lights were wonderful! They worked with us and were very flexible and responsive. I had a particular vibe I wanted for the music, and they nailed it to a t. The musical quality was excellent and they helped the wedding coordinator pace the flow of the evening. I had lots of guests tell me they were one of the best wedding bands they’d experienced! Our reception ran very late, and David also stayed after the time was up and played music from a playlist to keep the party going. I would definitely hire them again and would highly recommend them!

Southern City Lights's reply:

Thank you Maggie! How could I leave when everyone was having so much fun!! We greatly appreciate your kind words. Great couples like y’all are what makes our job so rewarding and why we truly love what we do. Thanks again and we would be delighted to be a part of any event you have in the future. Blessings!

Emily Davies · Married on 06/09/2018

Cocktail hour and ceremony band

We absolutely loved having David and his violinist as part of our big day! They exceeded all expectations and our guests had an amazing experience because of them. Highly recommend!

Sent on 10/28/2018

Southern City Lights's reply:

Thank you so much Emily! We loved being a part of you beautiful wedding. And thank you for uploading the pictures! Wish you both the best!

Courtney · Married on 05/19/2018

Ceremony music and reception was great! Very easy to work with. Guests were bragging on how great their music was! Great experience!

Sent on 06/21/2018

Southern City Lights's reply:

Your wedding was absolutely beautiful and we had a wonderful time! Thank you for your kind words. I wish you both the very best! - David.

Amy · Married on 04/14/2018

We cannot express how great Southern City Lights were. From the planning to the day of performance, we couldn’t have imagined it any better! I worked with David on planning the event and he was awesome, he even came out to our backyard to help me plan where to set them up. We used them for the ceremony (classical) and for the reception and they were fantastic!

Sent on 04/21/2018

K Crid · Married on 04/09/2018

Top Notch - Exceeded Our Wildest Expectations

My wife and I had Music Festival themed wedding reception at a local music amphitheater. Needless to say, this meant that the music had to be top notch. David and Southern City Lights had everyone up and dancing the start to finish. David was extremely easy to work with prior to the reception, learned a new first dance song a few days before the wedding, arrived on time, and put on on a great show. It really felt like a concert having Southern City Lights on stage. All of this for a very reasonable price! Can't recommend them enough.

Sent on 12/18/2019

Diane · Married on 03/31/2018

1st class experience from start to finish. The entire band was an absolute pleasure to work with. To top it off they put on an amazing show for our wedding. They went above and beyond to adhere to our wishes even last minute. Would strongly recommend to anyone looking for a great time at their wedding! A++

Sent on 09/06/2018

Bracey · Married on 02/10/2018

I highly recommend hiring Southern City Lights for your wedding! I had no idea what music I wanted for the ceremony or reception and just gave David minimal ideas. He played acoustic guitar for our ceremony, and the rest of the band joined him for our reception. They killed it! Our guests were up dancing all night. He even let a friend of mine join in for a Taylor Swift song and played my alma mater’s fight song! David also handled all of the MCing for us by making announcements and giving our guests direction. They made it so easy on me by not having to worry about those things.

Sent on 02/12/2018

Southern City Lights's reply:

Thank you so much! Everyone was so much fun. We could not have asked for a better group! You are truly blessed with great family and friends. Thanks again!