640 Goldwire Way SW, Birmingham, AL 35211 Map · Phone number
  • Photos & Videos 29
  • Pricing
  • Deals 1

About OPOV Band

OPOV Band is a professional band based in Birmingham, Alabama. The band provides their services through the local area, including Georgia, Florida, Panhandle, and Louisiana. The band was formed back in 2014 under the name Point of View Band and later changed it to Original Point of View Band (OPOV). OPOV's general make-up is a 6-piece band, two singers, drumers, a bass player, a lead guitarist, and a keys player.

The band can cover indoor and outdoor events, providing sound and lights appropriate for most venues. OPOV Band is well-versed in performing for wedding ceremonies, receptions, corporate events, parties, restaurants, festivals, and club events. OPOV Band can play a variety of music genres such as blues, classic rock, country, funk, gospel, motown, pop, R&B/soul, and top 40. Additionally, they offer the following services:

• Cocktail hour

OPOV Band 6
OPOV Band 7

Alex Wright · Married on 07/01/2019

Always a Good Time

OPOV is a ton of fun and has a great song selection. Enjoyed them at this year's Moss Rock Festival

Sent on 12/05/2018

Tiffany · Married on 06/02/2019

Band does not disappoint

My wife and I booked this band for her parents 50th Wedding Anniversary. We first saw them in action about 2 years ago and said if we ever did an event we would look them up. They sounded great then and did not disappoint. From the moment we reached out to them you can tell they wanted to exceed our expectations and that they did. The band performed live music for the vow renewal processional and recessional which added an authentic touch to the ceremony. They sounded amazing. At the request of the bride and groom, they performed “At Last” by Etta James for their first dance. They kept the hall filled with music while guests dined and during the reception. Guests were asking about how to book them for their own upcoming events. If you have an event where you want great sounding music, I’d recommend the OPOV Band hands down.

Sent on 06/08/2019
    OPOV Band 8

OPOV Band's reply:

Thanks Tiffany,
    We had a blast at your parents 50th Wedding Anniversary. I must say, you all did it first class. The venue was great and everything flowed well. Let us know if we can every serve you or any of your friends and family in the future. Consider us your band.
  • Kellie

Kellie Bass · Married on 04/06/2019

Best Motown/Funk Band in Birmingham by far!!!

I don’t even know where to begin with how amazing the OPOV BAND was at our wedding reception on 4/6/19. From the first time I spoke with Sam I knew they were the right band for our wedding reception. They were so accommodating and learned our first dance songs for us so they could play them and man did they kill it. My husband and I chose “Crush” by Dave Matthews Band for our first dance song. That song is definitely not easy to learn and play but they brought me to tears when I heard it. I was floored with how good they sounded. They also learned and played a special request I had. My dad loves wagon wheel by Darius Rucker and they played it for him as a surprise and my dad was so excited. The whole band was interactive with the crowd and got the guests to get out of their chairs and get down on the dance floor. The talk of the wedding reception was how amazing they were. And not only were they all amazing performers they are just good genuine people who enjoy taking part in making a wedding reception special and fun. One of my aunts has a couple of friends getting married and has already given her friends their contact information because she was so impressed just like all of the guests were. It was truly a special unforgettable wedding reception all thanks to the OPOV BAND. Trust me you will not be disappointed if you hire them!

Sent on 04/11/2019
    OPOV Band 22

OPOV Band Pricing

OPOV Band Price Rates

OPOV Band FAQ

• Which of the following are included in the price? Learning New Songs, Lighting, Music During Breaks, Reception Music, Sound/PA System
  • What is the price of your popular wedding package? $ 2,500.00
  • Which of the following are included in the package? Lighting, Music During Breaks, Reception Music, Sound/PA System
  • Are you an agency or a band? Band
  • How many musicians are in your band(s)? 7+
  • What genres of music does (do) your band(s) play? Blues, Classic Rock, Country, Funk, Gospel, Hip Hop, Motown, Oldies, Pop, R&B / Soul, Rock, Top 40
  • What music services do you provide? Instrumentals, Ceremony Music, Cocktail Hour Music, Learning New Songs, Reception Music, Music During Breaks, Rehearsal Dinner Music, Vocals, Willing to Travel
  • What items are available? Lighting, Microphones, Sound/PA System