Soho South Cafe Reviews

38 | Savannah, GA

38 Reviews for Soho South Cafe

• Beth

Beth Cook Ely · Getting married on 09/09/2021

Beautiful venue, incredible food and awesome service!

We held my stepson's rehearsal dinner at Soho South and it was absolutely perfect. We had so many comments on the quality of the food: "the shrimp and grits were the best I've ever had!" and "the beef tenderloin was excellent…so tender, so flavorful!". It's a great atmosphere for a celebration and the Soho South team made it so easy for us, both throughout the planning stages (navigating a wedding through COVID-19!) and through their excellent service the night of the dinner. They were a pleasure to work with and made the rehearsal dinner a very special evening.

Sent on 09/21/2020

Soho South Cafe's reply:

Beth working with you all was such a pleasure and it could not make us happier to hear how you and your guests were so very pleased! Our team thanks you for sharing your thoughts and experience with others. We hope that you all will remain in touch and maybe we can celebrate together again one day! :)
  • Jessica

Jessica Obrien · Married on 10/25/2020

Exceeded Expectations

I am in absoltue awe of the beauty of Soho; the combination of rustic brick and exposed piping mixed with elegance and class. I could not have asked for a better venue

Sent on 11/20/2020
  • Jennifer

Jennifer Michelle Burton · Married on 09/05/2020

Couldn’t have been more perfect!

The venue is absolutely gorgeous! The staff was so kind and professional! They accommodated our every need and request even a few odd ones 🤣! Everyone RAVED about the food and how the wait staff went above and beyond to make everyone happy and comfortable! I can not recommend this venue enough!

Sent on 09/09/2020

Soho South Cafe's reply:

Jennifer, these images say it all! What a beautiful celebration it was! We so appreciate you sharing your kind words about your experience at Soho South. We all will cherish the time we got to have such a wonderful celebration with you all! Feel free to always come and say Hi to us at one of the Daniel-Reed Hospitality venues!
  • Alyssa

Alyssa · Married on 02/29/2020

Amazing venue!

This venue seriously speaks for itself! My wedding was a destination wedding and I booked this place for the reception before even seeing it in person. When I walked through the doors I knew right away that I made the right decision. Pictures don't do it justice. This place has so much detail that the amount of decorations you need is very little.

The food was amazing, especially the meatballs we had as a starter at cocktail hour. The staff that worked the reception were amazing and had everything out in a timely manner. I highly recommend using this venue for your wedding and or reception!

Sent on 03/07/2020

Jenny Reuter · Married on 02/15/2020

The most beautiful place to get married!

Soho South Cafe was a dream come true! It was such a beautiful place to get married, and we could not have been happier! Leslie is a dream come true and was so helpful and patient with all of my crazy questions! The day of the wedding we had nothing to worry about and everything turned out exactly like we dreamed! The food was 100% amazing! I cannot tell you how many guests came up to me and said that they had never had 'wedding food' that good! Even our wedding planner told us how impressed she was with the food! If you are looking for a beautiful and fun place to get married in Savannah, you can't do better than Soho South Cafe!

Sent on 02/22/2020
  • Crystal

Daniel · Married on 02/01/2020

Fantastic wedding!

We had our wedding here and this place was a great choice! The food, the bar service, and wait staff were all amazing. I had so much fun the night, went by so fast that I wish I could go back!

Sent on 02/04/2020
  • Haley

Haley Bull · Married on 01/18/2020

The MOST beautiful venue

We had our Rehearsal Dinner at Soho and it was absolutely stunning. Our guests loved it. It is the most beautiful and intimate venue in Savannah. Leslie and Lucas were amazing to work with!

Sent on 01/20/2020

Sara Silva · Married on 11/23/2019

Beautiful, intimate and romantic

My husband and I got married at the Soho South Cafe Nov 2019 and it was perfect. They were accommodating with every aspect of our wedding from menu to floor arrangements and Leslie was very responsive. the venue was beautiful and prettier than I anticipated.

Sent on 12/17/2019
  • Marissa

Marissa · Married on 10/26/2019

Romantic Industrial and beautiful

Soho is the perfect one stop shop location for your wedding. The staff is incredible and the place is beautiful!

Sent on 11/12/2019

Claire H Rogers · Married on 10/25/2019

A Perfect Evening

We hosted a rehearsal dinner for about 95 people at this beautiful venue. Planning the event was so easy with the help of Leslie. She was very responsive and helpful. Also, Lucas and the evening staff and bartenders were friendly and attentive. The food was so so good. The place itself just has a happy laid back vibe. I really can't say enough good things about this location and the people who work there. Thanks to all!

Sent on 10/28/2019
  • Katherine

Katherine Harper · Married on 09/21/2019

Beautiful and Unique Space

The Soho is a beautiful location for a Savannah reception. We picked it because it was a unique option, not your typical ballroom or event space. We also picked it because of Leslie, the main wedding coordinator. We had such an amazing experience to her from start to finish. Despite being incredibly busy, she was extremely responsive to every email we sent her, and answered every question and concern that we had quickly and thoroughly. She is very warm, and has a great eye for details. Luke was equally helpful on the day of the wedding, and everything went very smoothly. We got a lot of compliments on the space and the food. We highly recommend this venue!

Sent on 10/03/2019
  • Savannah

Savannah · Married on 05/25/2019

Couldn’t imagine a better place to have a reception or ceremony

Soho is absolutely breathtaking you literally don’t even have to decorate. I love everything about Soho! Not only is it beautiful, different, in a great location the staff is also amazing! Leslie was always there to help with everything and answered all of my questions. Thank you guys for everything!!

Sent on 05/31/2019
  • Andi

Andi · Married on 09/29/2018

Gorgeous, stunning, venue with excellent food and staff

My husband and I LOVE Soho as a restaurant (their grilled cheese and tomato bisque are unparalleled!) so when we got engaged and learned we could rent them out for our wedding, we were so in! The experience was incredible and our guests would not stop complimenting how gorgeous the venue was, how excellent the food was, and how the staff were incredible! You have so many options for appetizers, entrees, stations, drinks, etc.! The atmosphere for our wedding was romantic and gorgeously lit by candles. I’ve also seen photos where the venue is extremely eclectic and electrifying. Soho is very versatile and a great choice - the best choice - for a venue in Savannah!

Sent on 01/17/2019
  • Danielle

Danielle Cretella · Married on 09/23/2018

Best Destination Wedding Venue for a true "Savannah Experience"

I had my destination wedding here. The out of town guests loved this venue, and are still talking about it to this day. The food was delicious and did not disappoint, especially the shrimp and grits! They were very easy to work with and all of the vendors had an easy time. I would 100% recommend Soho South for a unique experience.

Sent on 10/04/2019

Christina · Married on 09/01/2018

Leslie was absolutely wonderful! I can't say enough about how professional and lovely she has been through this stressful process. Even if Soho south wasn't a unique space leslie makes this venue worth while! 10/10 hands down!

Sent on 09/10/2018

Amanda · Married on 09/01/2018

Dream wedding!

My husband and I planned our wedding from upstate NY, and Leslie, the wonderful event coordinator, made it so easy! When we lived in Savannah, Soho was always one of my favorite brunch spots, and it made an even better wedding venue! We didn’t want a big ballroom wedding, and Soho was the exact vibe we wanted: unique, delicious food, intimate feel. We did our ceremony and reception here and it flowed very smoothly. I can’t speak highly enough of the Soho and Daniel Reed team– it was such a pleasure to work with them! From initial emails, to first payments, food tastings, final payments, to opening the bar for champagne before the ceremony began, the team executed it all flawlessly! If I could re-do my wedding (I wish!), I’d 110% host it at Soho again! It was fantastic! Jealous of future brides who decide to host here– you will be so happy you did!

Sent on 12/29/2018

Gretchen · Married on 05/12/2018

We spent so long looking for a venue that was “just right”; the moment we met Leslie at Soho we knew we found the right place.

The space is wonderfully unique! It was the perfect setting for a dreamy candlelit sunset reception. Our guests sat at long tables situated end to end with a mix of colorful chairs. We brought with us vintage table linens, candlesticks and floral arrangements for the tables as decor and that was all we needed.

Leslie and Lucas are an incredible team - together they made our wedding unforgettable! I was planning my wedding from Atlanta and Soho answered all my questions promptly and helped make our wedding day special. They even let me roller skate with my Dad on the dance floor for our dance!!

Everything from the food to the staff and, of course, the venue were wonderful! Our guests are still talking about the Fried Green Tomato sliders and how beautiful everything looked.

With all the details surrounding the planning of your wedding, Leslie and Lucas put your mind at ease. Soho South comes with high praise and recommendation from me. I couldn’t have dreamed of a place so beautiful to celebrate into the night!

Sent on 06/21/2018

Michelle · Married on 04/13/2018

We couldn't be happier with our experience at Soho South Cafe. We had both our ceremony and reception here. Leslie made the planning process so easy and enjoyable. All our guests loved the food, drinks, and eclectic decor. Thank you so much for making our wedding perfect!

Sent on 04/27/2018
  • Natasha

Natasha · Married on 09/15/2017

We had our wedding reception at Soho and it was a wonderful experience from early days of planning to post-wedding wrap-up. Leslie is a very talented, approachable, professional and experienced event coordinator (despite her youthful looks!) and the way that she troubleshooted some issues around Hurricane Irma (which affected Savannah just days before the wedding) and its impact on our guest numbers, as well as last-minute decor changes that come along with planning a destination wedding from afar, seemed effortless and really lessened the stress for us. She's amazing, the food and service was amazing, and the place was breathtaking once transformed into our personalized vision. Highly recommended. Thank you, Soho and especially Leslie!

Sent on 09/19/2017

leslie · Married on 05/27/2017

This place is truly amazing. The decor, the food, and the staff were great. Jesse and I could not have been happier with the choice we made. We had some hiccups because the florist was not prepared or properly staffed and from what the planner tells me the staff in soho went way out of their way to help her and get things as perfect as possible.

Sent on 06/07/2017

Kelsey · Married on 10/15/2016

Great food, great atmosphere, Steven (the head waiter) was very attentive and responsive throughout the whole evening. Everyone gave compliments on the venue- Thanks, Leslie and Daniel Reed Hospitality!

Sent on 10/23/2016

jaclyn · Married on 09/24/2016

We loved this venue from the moment we walked in! We held both, the ceremony and reception at soho. When we first started the process with Soho we were working with Olive, who was amazing. I was a little nervous when I found out they had someone else take over, Leslie. But she was incredibly patient with all our questions and concerns which helped put us at ease like Olive did! (Note we planned our wedding from NY, with 2 visits to the venue since we have family in Savannah. But I'm positive you can plan your entire wedding out of town with only one visit just to see the space- or just take a leap of faith!)

As B&G we didn't get a chance to try all the food we had that night. I remember some items we did get were better than others. But we never heard any complaints and were even able to get my picky 5 year old niece something she would eat which was very helpful!

Overall, we got a ton of compliments from our guests on the space and the entire wedding! It truly was the best day ever. We couldn't have done it without the Soho team! Thank you everyone!

Sent on 01/10/2017

norma · Married on 08/13/2016

a perfect and very professional evening we experienced on August 12 for our son and his bride to be rehearsal dinner!! every detail and food perfect!! loved working with Leslie C.!!! always upbeat and professional and loved her suggestions and being so in tune with our needs! very detail oriented actually.. the entire staff was incredible!!! would highly recommend!!

Sent on 08/27/2016

Eve · Married on 07/02/2016

I couldn't have picked a more wonderful place to have our wedding. Soho South was a dream, and the team who worked with us was patient, kind, and invested in making sure our day was wonderful. I can't thank them enough!

Sent on 08/29/2016
  • Courtney

Courtney · Married on 05/21/2016

The Soho staff did a FANTASTIC job! My husband and I had a blast and felt like we were royalty the whole night. The flow of the room was perfect and really had people up dancing and mingling all night. Our guests, for weeks after, continued to talk about how awesome the venue looked and how wonderful the food was. Soho South cafe was my favorite part of my big day, other than marring my prince. If I had to plan the day all over again I would chose SoHo each and every time. Best venue in Savannah!

Sent on 09/11/2016