Sara Landon Events Reviews

37 | New York, NY

37 Reviews for Sara Landon Events

Emily Pecot · Married on 11/30/2019

Flawless wedding day!

We could not have pulled this wedding off stress-free without Sara! I was coasting on the actual wedding day because I knew she was in the driver's seat. We got married on November 30, 2019 at the Loeb Boathouse in Central Park (NYC). It helped she's worked many weddings at the venue so she knew the staff and I didn't have to worry about very tedious things like distributing permits required for vehicles to enter Central Park. Her pre-wedding documents helped really solidify any details that I hadn't worked out yet (picture order, timeline of events, carrying cash and snacks etc.). She also has a very authoritative presence, so she had no trouble keeping pictures and videos on time and even early. I had such a flawless day, in large part due to Sara (and her fun assistant, Travis)!

It was just such a savior to have Sara there on our wedding day!

Sent on 01/26/2020
  • Lou

Lou Pastina · Married on 10/19/2019

Super Sara !!

Sara has a positive, optimistic, can do attitude that is highly infectious in a very good way! She and her team made the day stress free by coordinating every detail at my daughter's event space: 99 Scott, which by the way is a super cool venue. Highly recommend Sara for anyone going through the process!!

Sent on 10/26/2019
  • Seth

Seth R · Married on 10/12/2019

The Ultimate Professional

I can't say enough about the professionalism of Sara and her colleague. At every turn, Sara made us calm and took care of us like relaxed, honored guests at our own wedding (as we wanted). Sara is the unique, highly skilled expert who never seemed interested in anything but our vision and making it come to life. At the same time, when there were last-minute things we couldn't have envisioned (as there always are), she had the steady hand to guide us. Even more, she made our parents, our families, our friends, all feel like they were at the greatest party without a care in the world. We are a demanding duo, one working in fashion, one working in media, and both used to seeing execution of the highest levels. Sara came through on every detail, even advising us where there were opportunities to get our experience without overspending along the way. If you have dreamed of your wedding, but also of really experiencing it, rather than executing on your own, you could not choose better than Sara. We will never forget the great job she did, as her skills, vision, and patience gave us a day we will remember forever.

Sent on 11/05/2019
  • Kendra

Kendra · Married on 09/14/2019

Coordinator Extraordinaire

How a wedding could ever happen on schedule and issue-free without Sara and her team is beyond me. Sara, Travis, and Ava were our day-of coordinators, though she stepped in to help much earlier than that. The peace of mind they provided in the weeks leading up to our wedding was invaluable, but the laughs and happy tears that were a result of them being with us on our wedding day were more than we anticipated. We never once had to worry about where to be and when, if things were being set up properly, if our guests were having a good time, or how we would get all of our things back to the hotel – Sara took care of all of this. On top of her experience, her energy brings a level of confidence that makes her the most necessary expense on such an important day. I will suggest SL Events to every one of my friends who are planning their weddings.

Sent on 10/09/2019
  • Ali

Ali Leone · Married on 06/15/2019

Perfect Planner with a Rockstar Team

Sara went above and beyond for every aspect of planning our wedding. From responding to myself, the bride, within seconds at nearly every correspondence to managing the personalities of both sets of parents involved to interacting and cutting deals with the other vendors we hired - she was nothing short of perfection. Sara brought in an entire all star team to execute our full 2-3 day wedding weekend which went off without a single issue. I am forever grateful to ALL of SL Events staff and hope to plan many more events with them in the future!

Sent on 08/10/2019

Dr Mc · Married on 12/01/2018

Wonderful team

Had my sons wedding at the NYAC and Sara and her Assistant were wonderful. They handled all the last minute details and allowed us to really enjoy the wedding. Definitely a must team to have those last few weeks before the big day! They are a pleasure to work with!

Sent on 12/08/2018

Pam Hill · Married on 11/02/2018

A Guest Point of View

Sara and her assistant provided 'day of' services for my son's wedding earlier this month. I am from the U.K., where such services are not often used. In my opinion, this service was invaluable. Everything was covered, from rowdy groomsmen intent on emptying the mini-bar and rendering themselves incapable of tying bow-ties, to a guest's 'wardrobe malfunction.' It takes very special people to manage such a variety of cultures and expectations with humour, tact and diplomacy. They were discrete when appropriate, and yet very visible when needed. Well done to all concerned.

Sent on 11/16/2018

Elizabeth · Married on 10/06/2018

Best wedding we could have imagined

We LOVED every minute and every aspect of our wedding, and we wouldn't have been able to do it without Sara. She made the planning process easy from the start, found us our unique and gorgeous venue for the date we wanted, and helped us so much with her skills at design, managing vendors, and coordinating the many many elements of the big day. Sara was careful to alert us to any decisions that would put us over budget, and she suggested easy places to cut costs. We selected the full planning package because we both have demanding jobs, and it was worth the price. I was basically stress-free during the entire planning process, and even when I was a little nervous in the days leading up to the wedding, Sara was so on top of things that she put me right at ease. Last but not least: our wedding went off without a hitch, we had an amazing time, and our guests loved every minute. Service, catering, music, lighting, decor, flowers were all perfect and Sara's team made sure we could just focus on having fun. We highly recommend SL Events!

Sent on 10/16/2018
  • Alison

Alison Miller · Married on 09/30/2018

Hiring SL Events is the best decision you can make for your wedding

Fabulous to work with! I (bride) got married Sept 2018 at Gurney's Montauk and hired SL Events to do day-of coordination and they did an amazing job. True to their mission, I felt like a guest at my party. They made the day stress free and handled everything so I just got to enjoy my day and spend time with my guests. I plan events for a living so have high standards and they get a glowing review from me.
    Right before the wedding, there are so many logistics and little things that can fall through the cracks and they were on it all so nothing was missed. Also, SL Events saved me a lot of time and stress by having them come in and take over all vendor communication. They thought of things I didn't even think to ask. Highly recommend hiring SL events to make your wedding run smoothly. Also, Sara and her team are so sweet and professional and a pleasure to work with.

Sent on 10/17/2018
  • Leslie

Leslie · Married on 09/30/2018

ENJOY your Wedding & hire SL Events!

As a mother of the Bride living in Honolulu and having a wedding in Montauk at Gurney’s, Sara was the BEST decision my daughter made!
    She hired Sara for month-of coordination, which involved tying up all the logistics for the big day and executing the vision. We had a last minute desire to do a Candy Bar and Sara was instrumental in giving us the guidance we needed. She beautifully set it up for us too!
    I was able to actually enjoy the day and not worry about a thing. She gave me great insight for my speech and certainly calmed my nerves. Sara’s entire team was so professional and they communicated well though out the day so stealthily.
    You will be elated that you hired SL Events without a doubt!

Sent on 10/29/2018

Tamara · Married on 08/11/2018

Sara was our wedding planner for our wedding in Brooklyn, NY in August 2018 and she was absolutely incredible. We live on the West coast and had to plan a wedding in 8 months, but Sara made the whole process feel manageable. She helped us come up with a budget that we were comfortable with, suggested fantastic vendors and worked with them directly leading up to the big day (including negotiating on our behalf and saving us lots of $$), and made sure that everything went smoothly on the day of. She was very responsive to our questions, proactive about things we didn't think of, and generally a very professional and friendly person to work with. I could not recommend her highly enough!

Sent on 09/22/2018

Vivian · Married on 06/24/2018

Sara and her assistant Carly were amazing. They made my daughter’s wedding seamless and were incredibly responsive - we did not have to worry about a single glitch and were able to enjoy the magical evening. Their responsiveness and professionalism were not just appreciated by us but by the other vendors. We highly recommend using them if you want a perfect wedding!

Sent on 06/26/2018

Kaki · Married on 06/16/2018

SL Events provided partial planning services for our wedding this past June at the Metropolitan Club. I can’t underscore enough the degree to which Sara went above and beyond to ensure that the day was absolutely perfect. She spent countless hours in the months leading up to the wedding advising and helping us with everything down to the smallest detail, from building out a detailed schedule of the day, managing the band, photographers and other vendors, to making sure that my grandmothers had comfortable chairs to watch our first dance up close and coordinating props for our photo booth. Sara is extraordinary steady and calming, and was a joy to work with from day one. We had a fairly large wedding (~250) and I was apprehensive going in that it might be overwhelming: Sara made sure that stress was the farthest thing from our minds, and elegantly guided us through the day, including ensuring that we had a few moments to ourselves after the ceremony and before the first dance to decompress. She attended my wedding dress fittings, and made sure that my specifications for tricky custom sleeves were accommodated perfectly, then seamlessly helped me through three wardrobe changes over the course of the night. She has a wealth of knowledge of every wedding-planning related topic under the sun…the list goes on and on: from recommending the best venues nearby to host our wedding after party, to advising me on how to approach changing my name so as not to disrupt honeymoon travel plans, to helping us find the optimal balance of vegetarian/non-vegetarian hors d’ouvres for our cocktail hour. Sara made the entire process not only manageable, but a pleasure. If you want your wedding day to be perfect, I highly, highly recommend going with SL Events — this was the single best planning decision we made!

Sent on 09/19/2018

Kate · Married on 01/13/2018

We hired SL Events to provide day-of coordination services for our January 13, 2018 wedding at the Rainbow Room. Sara came highly recommended by family friends who used her for a wedding the previous autumn. Without a doubt, Sara's fee was the best money we spent on the wedding. Sara advertises "day-of" coordination, but she was available for the full six or so weeks prior to the wedding to answer questions and manage all logistics. She was also available even earlier than that -- she happily answered a few planning-related questions and provided helpful recommendations. In the month leading up to my wedding, I was not in contact with any of my vendors -- Sara handled it all -- and I felt completely confident handing over the full extent of the logistical work to her. She is calm, collected, flexible, approachable, and fun. She totally understood what my anxieties were, and she made sure that they were all ironed out perfectly. She put together an EPIC timeline for the whole day of the wedding, but more important than that, I didn't even have to look at it once -- she made sure that everyone knew where they were supposed to be and when. All I had to focus on was staying calm and having fun. At the wedding itself, Sara kept me and my husband on task in a positive, energetic, and un-aggressive way; she made sure the night flowed perfectly, but we never felt like we were being rushed or pushed around. Also, Sara and her assistant Eric did the most marvelous job bustling my complicated, over-the-top dress. They made sure that neither my mother nor any other wedding guests had to be taken away from their party to help with this task; and they did a beautiful job at it. And we laughed a lot while they were at it!
    Summary: Sara is a consummate professional. She is incredibly good at an incredibly difficult job. She is positive, upbeat, understanding, and calming. I cannot imagine what we would have done without her. Hire her; you will not regret it.

Sent on 01/22/2018

Sara · Married on 09/30/2017

We hired Sara Landon as our day-of coordinator for our 9/30 wedding. She came highly recommended from our photographers (Ryan and Tatiana Brenizer, whom we loved btw), as she actually was THEIR wedding planner -- and we figured, why not trust people with tons of first-hand wedding experience? GREAT DECISION.

Sara was amazing and put us at ease from our first meeting. She really showed us her worth in the month leading up to the wedding. Apparently, planning an all-day, 50-60-person event requires a lot of attention to detail that my husband and I don't have, oops, but Sara does! She helped us create our schedule, provided guidance when we were confused (who gives speeches?), warned us against bad ideas we had (self-manned photobooths), and basically provided a calming / knowledgable presence we could turn to for advice. She said that by now, she'd done more than 300 weddings -- at time of planning our own, that was 300 more than we had ever done.

Sara was especially essential during the week leading up to and day of our wedding. On our wedding day itself, Sara and her awesome assistant (Efren) put everyone at ease and basically did all the thinking for us -- great because our brains decided to shut off the night before. She kept us on or ahead of (!!) schedule, told us we looked terrific, and probably secretly ran around frantically to make sure the day went as smoothly as it did.

Beyond "just" planning the day, Sara seemed so genuinely excited for us to marry. She and Efren (1) arrived at Tarrytown, NY by 7:30am for our morning ceremony and (2) arrived with smiles and jokes that put everyone at ease. My maid of honor commented multiple times on how awesome Sara was, and it's true. I also love that Sara seemed to build instant rapport with everyone she interacted with -- and obviously, she got along great with our photographers, which was another added bonus.

tl'dr - she's GREAT.

Sent on 10/03/2017

Melissa · Married on 08/05/2017

Sara and her SL Events team was top notch! I was able to stay so relaxed and in the moment the day of our wedding because of Sara and her team.

Sara, Stephanie, and Efren took care of all of the details so that my husband and I could just focus on having the time of our lives. Especially the day of, Brian and I were so happy to have Sara and her team there. Efren, in particular, was so attentive and just a true joy to be around. He took care of every detail from my veil and train to my tear-stained eye makeup after the ceremony and kept my husband and me laughing throughout the day. He was also my advocate when I needed a break from pictures or to escape from a conversation.

Sara coordinated with all of the vendors and made fantastic recommendations throughout the planning process.

Sent on 10/09/2017

Adam · Married on 07/22/2017

We used Sara and her company for Day Of Coordination services. Her and her team were wonderful. As I was interviewing wedding planners, I chose her because I liked her personality. You can tell she has experience, but she is also laid back and helpful during the sales process, not pushy or aggressive at all to her potential clients.

Leading up to the day, she answered all of the questions we had, including some questions related to regular planning. About 4-6 weeks before she took over to reach out to all of our vendors. She contacted all of our vendors, created timelines, and was completely organized to ensure nothing small was forgotten about.

On the actual day of, when her and her team went to work it was amazing. I thought I had my very own special operations/green beret team running around tackling anything that came up on our special day, with ear pieces in for communications, and the whole set up. It was awesome.

She's worth every penny. The day went smooth and a lot of that likely has to do with the preparation when she takes over before the special day arrives.

Sent on 08/03/2017

Sarah · Married on 07/15/2017

Given how hard Sara worked and how much she added to our wedding, I could not believe how reasonably priced she is. She started working with us in early April for July wedding day coordination. In early June, she stepped in to do design. She never batted an eye about the turn around, and flawlessly executed a beautiful space that stayed exactly within our budget. We did not want to spend too much money on flowers, and she designed a space with lots of greenery that did not feel cheap. She also added a number of classy touches: she encouraged us to welcome our guests ourselves and she made a board of escort cards that matched a family photo collage that was specially featured at our event. Efren, who worked with us on the day of the ceremony, was phenomenal. He busseled my dress, fixed my makeup, and helped our pre-wedding photos go off without a hitch. He fit in so well with my friends and family that everyone wanted to know more about him! Sara's firm yet not overbearing hand was an excellent addition and allowed us to enjoy this fantastic event.

Sent on 07/18/2017

Mo · Married on 07/01/2017

What can we say...Sara and her team are absolutely phenomenal! My husband and I live in London and wanted to have a yacht wedding in New York. We started planning our wedding with SL Events a year and a half ago, and Sara was with us every step of the way. Her bubbling personality, knowledge of wedding planning and vendors, and immense professionalism, allowed my husband and I to plan the wedding of our dreams! On the day of our wedding, Sara and her assistant provided unparalleled organisation and liaison not only with our family and friends, but with venue and vendors. This provided my husband and I with a stress free day, and the opportunity to fully enjoy our wedding. We would highly recommend SL Events for your wedding day planning!

Sent on 07/17/2017

Amy · Married on 11/05/2016

We hired Sara Landon and her team for Day of Event Coordination. Excellent move! While my daughter and I enjoyed orchestrating all the details of the wedding, we could not possibly have conducted the affair on the day of. Sara helped answer numerous questions ahead of time and put together a timeline that allowed our day to flow seamlessly. Efren and Eric kept us calm, on point - we could NOT have enjoyed the wedding without the SLEvents team.

Sent on 11/08/2016

Gaby · Married on 10/08/2016

First of all, Sara Landon was the sweetest, most sincere person to work with throughout our wedding planning process. She listened carefully to all of our aspirations, and eased our concerns with feasible solutions. She respected our original vision, and helped us make it happen with style and grace.

Having her as our day of coordinator, we started collaborating a month out, which is when she corralled our vendors and helped us finalize decisions. It is important to note that we had our wedding in the heart of NYC, which could have been riddled with hassles, but with Sara, was a breeze.

When it came down to the day of the Big Dance, we literally didn’t have to worry about a thing. Sara and Efren, her amazing day of partner, handled all vendors, timelines and even our somewhat difficult families. They made sure that there was nothing that got in our way of having the best night of our lives.

Looking back, it would not have been the smashing success that it was without Sara and Efren. Their patience, understanding and professionalism was the backbone of our wedding logistics.

We highly recommend talking to Sara Landon if you’re looking to make your dream wedding come to life.

Sent on 12/19/2016
  • F

Frank · Married on 08/13/2016

We just had our daughter's wedding this past Saturday evening at Gotham Hall in New York City, and it could not have been more perfect. Everything went on flawlessly, my wife and I as well as the Bride and Groom got to enjoy the entire night and didn't have to worry or be concerned about ANYTHING! Why? Sara Landon and her staff she brought with her! No one comes close to the organization and follow through she performs. And on top of all this, she is a wonderful person. Sara even came out to our house on Long Island to transport boxes to Gotham for the wedding. The best money I've spent on the wedding was for SL events and Sara!

Sent on 08/18/2016

Ryan · Married on 06/09/2016

My wife and I are both wedding photographers, and between us we’ve been to more than 1,000 weddings …Sure, we knew a few things, but luckily one of the things we knew was how many behind-the-scenes aspects of putting a wedding together were hopelessly out of our depth. Out of the countless wedding planners we’ve known, we both chose to work with Sara Landon, and we couldn’t be happier with our choice. Sara is everything we could want in a wedding planner. Part Leslie Knope (in her organization) and part Amy Schumer (in her candor and wit), she combines encyclopedic knowledge of wedding-day minutiae with an energetic personality that keeps it all fun and loose, the way weddings should be! She bore all the stress of the planning for us and let us enjoy ourselves throughout. And, when she needed to, she could fight fiercely for us … not only working out good deals with vendors, but making sure we weren’t subject to changing policies and attitudes. Sara was very responsive through whole process, making sure that we busy New Yorkers were staying on a low-stress timeline. She effortlessly handled so many of the things that we would have been clueless about, such as: confirming and evaluating all vendor contracts; doing multiple site visits to the venues, mapping out details from florals to lighting to even a balloon drop, photo booth and beyond; bringing everything home to our apartment at the end of a very long day; walking us through the seating-chart process, teaching us seating software and guiding us through its use; using her catering background to qualify which rentals we would need and even the kinds of power they would set up and the servings of the food itself. She was awake the earliest and stayed the latest of any vendor (and guest), and her energy was non-stop. Thanks to her, our wedding was executed better than we could have dreamed. Take it from people who have seen this over 1000 times - Sara Landon is a must-have!

Sent on 12/28/2016

Kiana · Married on 05/21/2016

If you want a wedding planner you can trust, have confidence in, put you at ease and make your dream wedding go off without a hitch....HIRE SL EVENTS! Sara is an extraordinary person who is truly passionate at what she does. We gave her full reigns to execute the wedding of our dreams and she pulled it off flawlessly. Any little hiccup that came up was quickly and quietly handled where my husband and I didn't even have a clue. My family all knew to take ques from Sara on how the day would run and it was a huge relief for us.

At the end of the night, by some miracle (aka Sara!), all of our DIY decor and personal items from the venue made it back with us. We are talking 2 HUGE car loads full. Sara gave us the ability to actually enjoy our special day and not stress about the small stuff. Like the bride, me, totally forgetting to put on deodorant that day. Sara and her assistant were close by with a stick ready to go!

We could not have asked for a more amazing planner for our wedding. We are forever grateful to Sara for all of her hard work and friendship.

Sent on 06/07/2016

HIGHLY recommend SL Events to anyone looking for the highest quality and attentiveness in a wedding planner and/or day-of planner. Sara Landon was born to do this - my wedding day had some hiccups she notified me later of, but neither myself nor my 200 guests noticed a thing was out of place. She is incredibly reliable and every correspondence or specific detail promised to me, from a mock-up schedule to follow-up on a phone conversation, was delivered in a timely manner. She was just as committed to making sure my wedding was perfect as I was. Her leadership, friendship and collaboration during the planning process exceeded my expectations. OH, and all the vendors she referred me to also happen to be fantastic with their follow through and service. The woman's got great connections in the industry that she readily shares with you. 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED!

Sent on 10/30/2015