476 Reviews for SimpleRegistry Wedding Registry

4.7
Alternative Registry (14)
Travel Registry (4)
467 SimpleRegistry Wedding Registry Reviews

I loved using SimpleRegistry! When I first heard about the idea of a cash registry, I was a bit skeptical about how it would work. Also, being a non-US based company, I was even more scared than ever. Putting those aside, I took my chances and made the leap of faith to use it. I would say it was probably the best choice (aside from marrying my wife) I could’ve made with our wedding! It’s so simple to use and you could easily get carried away adding your favorite items that you want as your grift! BEWARE: There is a 4% (more or less) fee per purchased gift that you have to deal with. It gives you the option to have your guest pay the full 4%, or you have 2% deducted from your gift and they pay 2%, or 4% is deducted from your gift value. I personally chose to have our guests deal with the 4% so I know we would get every penny that was shown on the registry. Don’t worry though, because anyone who didn’t want to buy us a wedding gift through the registry, would simply give us the gift at the wedding. So it’s a win-win! I would with no doubt recommend this registry to anyone getting married in the future. We transferred the funds after our honeymoon and in less than 3 days the funds were in our bank account. Every bit of it!

Also, have the peace of mind that you won’t spend a single cent with these guys!

Thanks SimpleRegistry for being so awesome and changing the registry game!

Profile Picture Anderson, 2/25/18, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Easy, efficient and quick to use!

Profile Picture Michelle, 1/2/18, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

We loved Simple Registry. It provided a quick and convenient way for our guests to give. It was also super easy to track thank yous afterwards. Great experience, highly recommend it!

Profile Picture Elandria, 12/2/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Alternative Registry
3.4

I probably should have just asked people to write us checks... It was fine for what it was!

Profile Picture Leigh, 9/3/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Really appreciated being able to have all our registry items in one place, and loved being able to create our own from local merchants. The flexibility of receiving the money meant that we were able to easily allow "shares" of more expensive gifts to be purchased. The funds transfer was seamless and fast. A great experience. Highly recommended. The only reason not to have 5 stars across the board is some clumsy photo editing (random parts of our uploaded photos of local goods were used, and no ability to size or crop them), but other than that, they were great.

Profile Picture Kent, 8/5/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

This was a great alternative to a traditional registry. It allowed us to post items we wanted from a huge variety of stores and consolidated them all in one easy place for our guests to search through. Plus, I love the feature that allowed us to "split" more expensive items into portions, so that our friends weren't forced to buy pricey items. All around 5 stars!

Profile Picture Jaclyn, 8/5/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Great service! Loved the freedom to register for anything and use whatever photos I'd like!

Profile Picture Emma, 8/5/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Awesome website to customize your own registry

Profile Picture Ashley, 7/4/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Super easy to use, easy to redeem your gifts, and easy to add stuff to the registry. It allowed us to register for 'weird' stuff that we wanted. We have been living together so there was not exactly a lot of things we needed, but some stuff that would have been nice to have. This registry was perfect because it allowed us to ask for those specific things from many different stores without being tacky and just asking for cash.

Profile Picture Ellen, 7/1/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Great way to give guests the option of either giving straight cash or money towards tangible items. You can also list experiences or less tangible items, like a class or trip to give as well! Another great feature is that you can break up the cost of bigger ticket items so that no one person has to bear the cost of an expensive gift all by themselves. That helps a lot when you are hoping for receive larger items but know that no one family member or friend could afford to give it to you. Simple Registry was a great tool for my husband and I to use!

Profile Picture Kelly, 6/17/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Simple Registry was easy to use and helped us register for non-traditional things since we have been together so long and don't need much.

Profile Picture Brittany, 6/10/17, 1 Review
2.2

This site is not very convenient at all. In addition to taking a hefty fee of each gift payment, a check is sent in lieu of gift cards! False advertising at its best. I am a coordinator in the DE/MD/PA area and will NOT be recommended this site for ANY couple ever again!

Profile Picture Nikki, 5/28/17, 1 Review
3.8

THANKFULLY we did not require any assistance or contact from actual people from Simple Registry. Everything worked as wanted and needed. It was a surprise that we were mailed, in the actual mail, cards advising us what was purchased and by whom. We were doing a "stock the open bar" registry for our wedding and it was great to have something this flexible and personalized.

Profile Picture JOEY, 5/27/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I created items for "honeymoon experiences" instead of asking for physical gifts and the registry worked out great!

Profile Picture Sarah, 5/27/17, 1 Review
3.6

Great concept, but I wish it had an option to go to the site and buy it. It's great if you want money, but my guests were weary and I ended up having to register somewhere else. If it were just money, why would i want this site to actually TAKE money from my guests and me, why not write a check? I wouldn't recommend it.

Profile Picture Jess, 5/27/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Very easy & convenient to use.

Profile Picture Obinna, 5/13/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Travel Registry, Alternative Registry

We loved using simply registry.

Profile Picture Julie, 5/13/17, 1 Review
Services Used: Alternative Registry

so easy and fast! would recommend to future couples for sure

Profile Picture Eve, 5/13/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Loved would use again, hope they make a baby registry!

Profile Picture Nicole, 5/6/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

Being that my husband and I got married and live in Taiwan, most of the people we invited to our wedding were not able to attend. Furthermore, international shipping is expensive and I wasn't about to request wedding gifts that needed to be wrapped in a box. We plan to move to the U.S. in the next year anyway, so our needs for a wedding registry were quite different from the norm. Instead of gifts, we wanted money to help pay for things like our honeymoon, flight tickets to the U.S., moving costs, etc. SimpleRegistry was truly PERFECT for our needs!! We were able to ask for money, but in a way where people could choose what their monetary gift would go towards. And instead of asking for one person to pay for an entire flight, etc., we were able to split the expected cost into manageable portions so people could decide how many portions they wanted to give us as a gift. I loved everything about it, and it was so exciting to get email notifications whenever someone gave us a gift! We were also able to read messages that people wrote to us when they gave us a gift. When it came time for thank you cards, SimpleResgistry had it all laid out for us with addresses and a box to check once we had sent each person a card. Super simple and easy to keep track of! The only thing I didn't like so much was the fee. You can choose to either have your guests pay a small fee with their gift, split the fee between you and them, or you can pay it yourself. I chose to pay it because I didn't want my guests to be offput by a fee after they had already chosen their gift amount. So basically the fee was deducted from their gifts instead, so my husband and I got slightly less money. It wan't much, but enough to be slightly annoying. I realize that every service needs to make a profit though, so in the end it didn't matter to me. I'm really happy with the service and I would use it all over again if I had the chance!

Profile Picture Kelly, 5/6/17, 1 Review
3.9

It was a pleasure working with the registry. If I had one request it would to be to keep the registry past the date of the shower. Some people forgot to give until after the shower but couldn't because the registry was closed. I understand that's not your problem but it would be a nice feature to keep it open until I closed it myself.

Profile Picture Tegan, 5/5/17, 1 Review
3.8

This is the easiest way to get cash for your wedding when you don't feel the need to "regsiter" for actual items. The ease does come with giving 5% to simple registry.

Profile Picture Christine, 4/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

One of the best thing I could have used

Profile Picture Ashley, 4/15/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Unique Services (Other)

I loved this registry for our wedding. We were able to choose items from any store we wanted (including Etsy and other shops with unique items). I am from the United States, but my husband is Scottish and we live in the Northeast of Scotland now. This was by far the easiest registry for guests from any country to use. I also loved how this site keeps track of all of the gifts in an easy-to-use way for writing thank you notes as you recieve items or after the wedding festivities are over! I would highly recommend this registry for couples who like things from all kinds of different stores.

Profile Picture Hannah, 4/1/17, 1 Review
Category: Unique Services (Other)

We pretty much did an all cash gift registry, but being able to show people what the money would be used for made it seem not so tacky.
Simple Registry was the most flexible in that regard and we found it very easy to use.

Profile Picture E, 4/1/17, 1 Review