Shadow Creek Reviews

163 | Purcellville, VA

163 Reviews for Shadow Creek

Lindsey Etzweiler · Getting married on 03/12/2021

Wish I could give more than 5 stars!

I cannot give enough praise to Shadow Creek. Not only is it a stunning and beautiful venue, but Lori and her family were such a pleasure to work with. They also recommended the best vendors to work with and together, they made our wedding day run perfectly. We received countless comments on how beautiful the wedding was and how smoothly it ran. Thank you Shadow Creek!!!

Sent on 01/02/2020

Shadow Creek's reply:

Thank you Lindsey! You were a dream to work with and so easy going, it was a pleasure to come along side of you to make sure all of your details came to pass just as you desired!

Samantha Meraw · Married on 11/01/2020

Amazing Venue!

My husband and I loved everything about Shadow Creek when we went to see it. It had multiple places for photos opportunities, the outside area for the ceremony is gorgeous, and the inside is big enough to fit everything we wanted and the amount of guests we had. Lori is an absolutely amazing woman to work with! From the moment we did our initial tour she has been so responsive and helpful. I had multiple questions for her and she would respond to me the same day; sometimes within the same hour. She provided us with a list of vendors that have been used at Shadow Creek before to help us with out search, which was so helpful. When the pandemic happened and we had to postpone our wedding she did everything she could to help us find a new date and even sent us flowers on the date we were originally supposed to get married. During our 30 day walk-through she asked us who our vendors were and our timeline, but never once told us we could not do something. The day of our wedding I knew she was around, but I can't say I ever saw her. She was there to help if necessary but never got in the way of anything. I cannot say enough good things about Lori and Shadow Creek! If you are looking for a beautiful place to have ceremony and reception I highly recommend!!!

Sent on 11/18/2020

Claire Matera · Married on 10/27/2020

Best venue

We found Shadow Creek Weddings and Events through a family member, and were able to book our wedding date on one of the last available dates for Fall 2020! We are so thankful we did! It is easy to see why Shadow Creek is such a popular place to get married. They are easy to work with, provide amazing service, and great communication. The property is clean, well kept and provides multiple spots to have a reception that are beautiful rain or shine! Our guests had so much fun playing yard games togethers, meeting Gus (the horse) and enjoying the wonderful sunset on the back patio. We are so glad we chose Shadow Creek for our wedding and would choose them over and over again.

Sent on 10/19/2020

Shadow Creek's reply:

Claire and Eli's wedding was beautiful. They had such a fun group of guests who really enjoyed themselves. It's always an honor to be a part of such a memorable day!
  • Alexandria

Alexandria Sims · Married on 10/17/2020

The Perfect Wedding Experience

Shadow Creek is the perfect venue for any couple that wants to give their guests a wedding experience unlike any other. My husband and I were married on 11/06/2020 and we had the perfect day for a Shadow Creek wedding. Our guests were greeted with beautiful rolling hills and mountains filled with fall foliage and herds of cattle in the background. Our ceremony was incredible with its scenic background and cocktail hour was held in the front patio filled with overhead bistro lights and enough space for each and every guest. Guests could not believe the beauty of the barn and reception space with its wide openness and easily accessible patio and fire pit for extra space. There are even bridal and groomsman suites on either side of the barn perfect for photos pre-ceremony and a quiet space during the reception.

Lori was incredible each and every step of the way during our planning process. She made venue visitation a breeze with her availability and even fit a few mornings in for my parents to visit separately. Her guidance and reassurance during planning, especially with COVID-19, was remarkable. Lori truly cares about each and every one of her couples and it shows through her enthusiasm and compassion for throughout the entire planning progress. I recommend Shadow Creek Weddings and Events to every couple looking to have the perfect wedding experience.

Sent on 11/09/2020

Shadow Creek's reply:

Alex and Nick's wedding was gorgeous and their vendor team was amazing. Alex was very organized from the beginning and made bringing her wedding together a dream. She was a joy and pleasure to work with.
  • Jessi

Jessi Marco · Married on 10/03/2020

PERFECT venue, amazing staff, very flexible and professional

Can’t say enough about Lori, Jenna and the team at the most gorgeous venue, Shadow Creek! First off, planning a COVID wedding was extremely difficult and Lori and Jenna were the most accommodating, generous, kind people to work with during such a crazy time. Shadow Creek was the perfect venue for our wedding. It has so many beautiful areas for photos, an optimal layout inside and out (great rain plan!), tons of space and is absolutely stunning with all their lighting and decor. Shadow Creek is a very large barn (holds up to 300; we had about 110 at our event) and has heat/AC. They have a large stone patio where we had our ceremony, a huge covered porch where we had cocktail hour, a gorgeous bridal suite and a groom suite, a 60 inch TV where we were able to show comments from our guest’s RSVPs and wedding photos taken earlier that day, a huge fire pit and they have lawn games! We took one step onto their property and knew we had to get married there. The venue is absolutely breathtaking and worth every penny. Highly recommend this venue and the team - so glad we were able to work with them for our wedding!

Sent on 10/12/2020

Shadow Creek's reply:

Your guests all were so fun and it was great watching the live stream on the big screen. Thank you for allowing us to share in your big day.

Haley Fowler · Married on 09/26/2020

Dream Venue

It is hard to put into words how special this place is! It’s the first venue I walked, but I already knew it was the one before even stepping foot on the property. The venue really speaks for itself- the rolling VA hills, the charming portico & patio, the golden sunsets, and the big, bright, beautiful barn. It is no wonder that Shadow Creek is so highly rated and one of the most popular wedding venues in all of Northern VA. One of the best parts about Shadow Creek (that isn’t advertised on the website) is the owner, Lori. She is a godsend, truly. From our first walkthrough, to the 30 day prep, to the wedding day, she was there for every phone call, text, and email. It is incredible how calm, kind, professional, and attentive she was throughout the entire process despite having 3847483 other brides reaching out to her at the same time. You can tell that she truly cares for every single bride and wants their big day to be beyond perfect. Navigating a wedding during covid was so difficult and she helped me every step of the way— with so much grace. When my husband and I decided to cut our guest list and move the reception outside, she went above and beyond to lighten up the portico and make our evening that much more special. I am blown away by Lori and her family- they are really such good people. I am forever grateful to remember Shadow Creek- and the experience I had here- when I reminisce on the best day of my life.

Sent on 10/15/2020

Shadow Creek's reply:

Haley's wedding was one of the most beautiful and creative we have ever hosted! Every aspect of her day was held outside. Her guests dined on the courtyard and under the front portico and danced under the stars, it truly looked looked like you were in a fairy tale and felt magical. She could not have been a more beautiful bride, inside and outside, to work with.
  • Henri

Henri Huber · Married on 09/11/2020

Shadow Creek is AMAZING

The experience I had with Lori and Jenna was amazing! Everyone at Shadow Creek was so helpful and easy to work with. Not to mention the venue itself is GORGEOUS. I had so many guests tell me how beautiful my venue was and said my wedding looked like it came right out of a magazine! Shadow Creek will always have a special place in my heart - I could not be happier with my choice to get married here.

Sent on 09/25/2020

Shadow Creek's reply:

Henri's wedding was so beautiful and fun. Henri was a pleasure to work with, especially considering having to reschedule her original date because of Covid. She ended up having an absolutely gorgeous fall wedding instead of a spring wedding, and it could not have been prettier.
  • Lindsey

Lindsey Norment · Married on 08/28/2020

1 Million Stars to Shadow Creek!

I wish I could give more than 5 stars to Shadow Creek. Lori and Jenna are beyond wonderful. They are extremely reputable in the industry, and I can see why! They helped us with recommendations from vendors to calligraphy to what to do with the COVID situation, and more. The venue was breathtaking, and the team running it was even better from start to finish. We weren't even worried about the potential of using the rain plan, because even that is gorgeous!! If you are looking for a venue in NOVA - stop looking! This is the best choice, hands down. Also, if you are considering adding Gus and the Hitched Bar to your Shadow Creek experience - pull the trigger. Our guests were obsessed, as were we!

Sent on 09/02/2020

Shadow Creek's reply:

Lindsey and Adam's wedding was stunning. From the hanging florals to the flowing and different bridesmaid gowns, there was detail on top of detail that made this wedding elegant and unique. Lindsey's train length veil accented and added to the beauty of her gown.
    We were thrilled to be able to share with such a sweet couple!
  • Emily

Emily Hair · Married on 07/04/2020

7/4/2020 Wedding - Not Enough Good Things To Say

We were just married at Shadow Creek on 7/4/2020 and we had the best experience!! First of all, Lori is wonderful to work with. From the moment we toured the venue, we knew that she would be a pleasure to work with. She not only helped with the event space, but she also provided countless vendor recommendations, and it was clear to me that she is highly respected in the Loudoun County wedding community. There was a lot of uncertainty around our wedding due to COVID19, but Lori was very understanding and gracious during my planning process, as things changed many times. We ended up having the most beautiful ceremony and reception! Our guests loved both the indoor and outdoor spaces, and it really turned out to be better than we had expected. Shadow Creek is beautiful inside and out, and I would 10/10 recommend for any wedding!!

Sent on 07/06/2020

Shadow Creek's reply:

Thank you Emily, (and Butch) for having the confidence in us and all of your wonderful vendors, for sticking through the tough times and riding this out! Your wedding was absolutely beautiful and could not have been a better way to start this new reopening season off.
    Wishing the two of you many years of love and happiness.
  • Kendall

Kendall Douel · Married on 06/19/2020

Absolutely amazing!

I can’t say enough good things about Lori and Shadow Creek. The venue is absolutely gorgeous. Being a 2020 bride and having to postpone Lori was incredibly supportive. If you are looking for a wedding venue, look no further!

Sent on 11/17/2020
  • Katie

Katie · Married on 06/12/2020

You need to get married here!

I cannot begin to explain how amazing Shadow Creek, and the owner Lori, are. Summer 2020 was an absolute crazy time to get married, but Lori was there through the whole process, answering my calls, providing comfort and support, and celebrating with us when Virginia moved into phase three and we could have our wedding. Shadow Creek is the most beautiful venue, inside and out. Because of the heat on our wedding day, we decided to hold our ceremony inside, and it was absolutely perfect! I can absolutely say the best decision we made when planning our wedding was choosing to have it at Shadow Creek. I wish we could relive our wedding day there again!

Sent on 08/06/2020

Shadow Creek's reply:

Katie's wedding planning was a roller coaster ride we will not forget. Thrust into the middle of the Covid crisis, she remained calm throughout until the end and she had the most beautiful ceremony and reception ever! Surrounded by a loving family and the most talented vendors, her day was truly magical and blessed beyond words.
  • Julie

Julie C. · Married on 03/11/2020

Lori Has A Beautiful Gem Of A Wedding Venue.......

In February, looking for a venue with my newly engaged daughter and her sister there was just nothing which gave us a special feeling when we walked into their doors....... until the moment we walked into Shadow Creek and that “Christmas Morning” look in her eyes said it best “This Is The One!”.....Every Saturday through the end of 2019 were already booked but Lori, the owner was so wonderful and told us they did have one date still available Friday, November 15th..... I can tell you now it was the most perfect date!.....the temperature made it to 54 degrees and the sun shined on their 4:00 outdoor wedding.... Lori and Staci at Shadow Creek gave us the perfect backdrop to create a wedding on a budget that looked like a million dollars!........Lori encourages you to make her venue “yours” for the day and she was always available for support and guidance over our 9 months of planning..... The beauty of Shadow Creek is there are so many ways you can setup the space both inside and outside to meet your vision and to make the best of the amazing grounds surrounding the event spaces...... We were also beyond lucky to contract with Grandale Catering found on Shadow Creeks Preferred List which not only provided our guest with an amazing evening of delicious food but their wait staff and catering manager out did themselves to make an already wonder day and experience even better...... I highly recommend Shadow Creek for making dreams come through.....💗

Sent on 11/23/2019

Shadow Creek's reply:

Tricia's wedding was especially beautiful. What made it even more special, she had an uncle travel from out of state and do all of her flowers which were insanely gorgeous. There was so much love shared at this wedding, a day to be remembered for many years!
  • Stacey

Stacey Boone Robosky · Married on 02/04/2020

Where do we begin!.....

Where do we begin!.....Lori and the team at SD are amazing and helped make our entire weekend a fantastic experience. We are a blended family with 5 children under the age of 9yo, so we wanted to be as hands off as possible. The vendors worked so beautifully together, and we went into the day stress free, (which seems like an impossible feet)! What a wonderful experience!

Sent on 04/16/2019
  • Olivia

Olivia Cox · Married on 11/10/2019

Stunning Venue

When I first toured Shadow Creek I got chills. Each subsequent visit gave me chills like it was my first time visiting. It is perfectly county and perfectly sophisticated at the same time. Lori and Jenna were so incredibly helpful throughout the entire planning process. I also hired all my other vendors from their preferred vendor list and each and every one of them was incredible. 10/10 would book this venue again.

Sent on 11/14/2019
  • Samantha

Samantha Selzer · Married on 11/09/2019

Look no further ladies (and gents)!

Ya'll- this was the best experience with a venue I have ever had (and I am an event planner). I am pretty sure my (then) fiancé and I chose the venue from the moment we pulled up. The outside is beautiful, with a modernized barn look and the inside took my breath away, with built in stringer lights and wood beams. I loved that it was the 'rustic' feel I was looking for but was completely new and modern so it didn't feel like we were going to have issues with plumbing or heat, like some other 'barn' venues. But as an event planner myself, the aesthetic beauty wasn't even the most amazing thing about this venue. They have thought through EVERYTHING in terms of logistics and have so many cute touches (IE. you need to see the bridal suite) that you don't see other places. Plus Shadow Creek comes with so many things you usually have to pay to bring in, like: lighting, lounge furniture, ceremony trellis, bar fronts, etc. And on top of that, Lori and Jenna, from the venue, could not be more responsive- which is key when planning a wedding with a venue. It's a family run business and you can tell- because they make you feel like family! They were so helpful and always answered all of my questions. My guests raved about my wedding afterward and were amazed by this venue. Shadow Creek made me look good! I can't say enough good things about this venue and the team!

Sent on 11/14/2019

Shadow Creek's reply:

Sam's wedding was beyond a dream. Her choices in vendors and her attention to detail, right down to adorable gold dinosaur place card holders make this wedding unforgettable!

Lacey · Married on 10/26/2019

Perfect Wedding Venue

Shadow Creek is the perfect venue. The week of our wedding it said 100% chance of rain, and we weren't even stressed because they have such a good rain plan! The weather ended up being just overcast so we were able to have our ceremony on the back patio, but the side patio would have been just as beautiful. Lori, the owner, is so on top of things and responsive - it took a lot of stress out of wedding planning. We can't thank Lori & Shadow Creek enough!

Sent on 10/28/2019

Shadow Creek's reply:

Lacey, your wedding was so beautiful and the weather was a dream for Megan to get some beautiful shots! It was a photographer's picture perfect day. It was so fun seeing your guests enjoying the games out front, great idea!
  • Alana

Alana · Married on 10/20/2019

Wedding of my dreams!

I could not speak too highly of Shadow Creek. First of all, the venue is absolutely beautiful. It is rustic chic- just the right amount of rustic and glamorous. It’s worth it to have Gus the horse greet your guests for a small extra fee. He’s very friendly! Last but not least, the owner, Lori was so responsive, flexible and warm from our first walk through to the post wedding follow up email. When an unforeseen issue arose, she handled it so quickly and professionally that my guests hardly noticed. That’s what you need in a venue!

Sent on 11/04/2019

Shadow Creek's reply:

Alana, your wedding was over the top, just beautiful and you had such a great team of vendors! The menu from Main Event was spectacular and Amanda knocked it out of the park with your floral design, not to mention how beautiful you were! Thank you for trusting us with your big day!
  • Kylie

Kylie · Married on 10/13/2019

Beyond Beautiful!

We knew the second we pulled up that Shadow Creek was the venue we just had to have for our wedding. Just the drive in makes a statement. Everything about the venue is absolutely stunning. The ease and beauty of being able to transform it into the wedding of your dreams is amazing. You have different options for ceremony settings, as well as how you'd like the reception or cocktail hour set up. During our reception we also made use of the fire pit outside and created a cigar bar - all was a HUGE hit. After we booked Shadow Creek, Lori (the owner) also had vendor recommendations available to us. She made everything so easy and really helped our dream come to life. Couldn't have been more perfect!

Sent on 11/11/2019

Shadow Creek's reply:

Kylie and Mike's day was beautiful. The vendors she chose were fabulous and brought everything together making her dream day come true! She had so many extras that made it especially fun for her guests, a day they will always remember!

Heather · Married on 10/11/2019

You won't find another venue like Shadow Creek

From the moment I stepped foot in Shadow Creek I knew that it would be our wedding venue. The owner Lori is absolutely fantastic and helped me every step. One of the things that I appreciate the most is that it is a blank (beautiful) canvas that allows you to mold the space into whatever you want for your day. I also greatly appreciated the fact that you can chose your own vendors, you're not required to use a particular one. Lori does have a list of vendors that she has worked with before but you are by no means obligated to use them. The venue itself is so beautiful I didn't feel like I had to add much decor wise to make is into what I wanted. From the grounds, ceremony site, and bars that are already there Lori really thought of everything. Thank you Lori for creating my dream venue!!!

Sent on 10/15/2019

Shadow Creek's reply:

Heather, it was a pleasure to work with you on your big day! It was so beautiful and your special touches like your custom corn hole boards and THAT donut truck made it one to remember! Thank you for letting us share in your big day.

Katherine · Married on 10/06/2019

Amazing Venue for your Big Day!

I don’t know where to begin with how amazing Shadow Creek was for our wedding this past weekend. We were planning our wedding from California and briefly visited the venue before deciding on it. What really convinced us was how warm and easy to communicate with, Lori was. Booking with Shadow Creek is very straight forward, there were no confusing contracts to look through or endless rules. She provided her preferred vendor list (which was pretty much used for every vendor being so far away) and they all turned out absolutely amazing! We had a Baraat, a traditional Indian wedding entrance with a white horse and she helped us identify the best place to have it and answered any questions promptly that came up throughout the year+ timeframe we had. Shadow Creek is an extremely popular venue and there’s a reason why! The grounds are beautiful and the lawn games, fire pit, Gus the horse and so many other things, make it different and enjoyable for every guest! Our guests loved visiting here and enjoying all it had to offer. Many Californians have said they’d love to move to Virginia now and I think the beauty of Shadow Creek is to blame! ;) thanks for providing the space for such a memorable and perfect day, Shadow Creek!

Sent on 10/08/2019
  • Hannah

Hannah · Married on 09/28/2019

Amazing venue! Wonderful wedding!

Shadow creek is an absolutely beautiful venue!! My husband and I are so happy we picked this venue for our wedding. The reception area is sooo gorgeous and doesn’t require a lot of decorations - which was a big cost saver for us! Also, you can “rent” Gus the horse to hang out with your guests during cocktail hour!! 10/10 would get married here again!!

Sent on 01/09/2020
  • Ellie

Ellie Purnell · Married on 09/23/2019

So many compliments on the venue

We received so many compliments from family and friends on the venue. Everyone loved Gus the horse and took tons of pictures with him. Lori and the staff at Shadow Creek are amazingly kind and caring and go out of their to help make your wedding day as special as possible. We couldn't have been happier with Shadow Creek and feel so grateful to have had our wedding there.

Sent on 09/23/2019

Jennae Duarte · Married on 09/22/2019

Shadow Creek was our dream venue

From the moment my husband and I saw the venue, we knew that's where we wanted to get married. Lori was a joy to work with. From the landscape to the rustic feel, all of our guests absolutely loved it! Gus was also a hit!

Sent on 10/02/2019
  • Ellie

Ellie Purnell · Married on 09/20/2019

So many compliments on the venue

Sent on 09/23/2019

Veronica Wicks · Married on 08/31/2019

A wonderful wedding venue in VA!

What can I say about Shadow Creek that has not already been said?! Simply a wonderful venue and backdrop for a wedding. Everything on the day of my wedding ran smoothly, and it was an absolutely amazing all because of Lori and Jenna.

Sent on 10/10/2019

Veronica~

It was totally our pleasure to host your beautiful wedding!
    Thank you for putting your trust in us, we loved every minute of it.