Shadow Creek Reviews

152 | Purcellville, VA

152 Reviews for Shadow Creek

Lindsey Etzweiler · Getting married on 03/12/2021

Wish I could give more than 5 stars!

I cannot give enough praise to Shadow Creek. Not only is it a stunning and beautiful venue, but Lori and her family were such a pleasure to work with. They also recommended the best vendors to work with and together, they made our wedding day run perfectly. We received countless comments on how beautiful the wedding was and how smoothly it ran. Thank you Shadow Creek!!!

Sent on 01/02/2020
  • Julie

Julie C. · Getting married on 03/11/2020

Lori Has A Beautiful Gem Of A Wedding Venue.......

In February, looking for a venue with my newly engaged daughter and her sister there was just nothing which gave us a special feeling when we walked into their doors....... until the moment we walked into Shadow Creek and that “Christmas Morning” look in her eyes said it best “This Is The One!”.....Every Saturday through the end of 2019 were already booked but Lori, the owner was so wonderful and told us they did have one date still available Friday, November 15th..... I can tell you now it was the most perfect date!.....the temperature made it to 54 degrees and the sun shined on their 4:00 outdoor wedding.... Lori and Staci at Shadow Creek gave us the perfect backdrop to create a wedding on a budget that looked like a million dollars!........Lori encourages you to make her venue “yours” for the day and she was always available for support and guidance over our 9 months of planning..... The beauty of Shadow Creek is there are so many ways you can setup the space both inside and outside to meet your vision and to make the best of the amazing grounds surrounding the event spaces...... We were also beyond lucky to contract with Grandale Catering found on Shadow Creeks Preferred List which not only provided our guest with an amazing evening of delicious food but their wait staff and catering manager out did themselves to make an already wonder day and experience even better...... I highly recommend Shadow Creek for making dreams come through.....💗

Sent on 11/23/2019

Shadow Creek's reply:

Tricia's wedding was especially beautiful. What made it even more special, she had an uncle travel from out of state and do all of her flowers which were insanely gorgeous. There was so much love shared at this wedding, a day to be remembered for many years!
  • Stacey

Stacey Boone Robosky · Married on 02/04/2020

Where do we begin!.....

Where do we begin!.....Lori and the team at SD are amazing and helped make our entire weekend a fantastic experience. We are a blended family with 5 children under the age of 9yo, so we wanted to be as hands off as possible. The vendors worked so beautifully together, and we went into the day stress free, (which seems like an impossible feet)! What a wonderful experience!

Sent on 04/16/2019
  • Olivia

Olivia Cox · Married on 11/10/2019

Stunning Venue

When I first toured Shadow Creek I got chills. Each subsequent visit gave me chills like it was my first time visiting. It is perfectly county and perfectly sophisticated at the same time. Lori and Jenna were so incredibly helpful throughout the entire planning process. I also hired all my other vendors from their preferred vendor list and each and every one of them was incredible. 10/10 would book this venue again.

Sent on 11/14/2019
  • Samantha

Samantha Selzer · Married on 11/09/2019

Look no further ladies (and gents)!

Ya'll- this was the best experience with a venue I have ever had (and I am an event planner). I am pretty sure my (then) fiancé and I chose the venue from the moment we pulled up. The outside is beautiful, with a modernized barn look and the inside took my breath away, with built in stringer lights and wood beams. I loved that it was the 'rustic' feel I was looking for but was completely new and modern so it didn't feel like we were going to have issues with plumbing or heat, like some other 'barn' venues. But as an event planner myself, the aesthetic beauty wasn't even the most amazing thing about this venue. They have thought through EVERYTHING in terms of logistics and have so many cute touches (IE. you need to see the bridal suite) that you don't see other places. Plus Shadow Creek comes with so many things you usually have to pay to bring in, like: lighting, lounge furniture, ceremony trellis, bar fronts, etc. And on top of that, Lori and Jenna, from the venue, could not be more responsive- which is key when planning a wedding with a venue. It's a family run business and you can tell- because they make you feel like family! They were so helpful and always answered all of my questions. My guests raved about my wedding afterward and were amazed by this venue. Shadow Creek made me look good! I can't say enough good things about this venue and the team!

Sent on 11/14/2019

Shadow Creek's reply:

Sam's wedding was beyond a dream. Her choices in vendors and her attention to detail, right down to adorable gold dinosaur place card holders make this wedding unforgettable!

Lacey · Married on 10/26/2019

Perfect Wedding Venue

Shadow Creek is the perfect venue. The week of our wedding it said 100% chance of rain, and we weren't even stressed because they have such a good rain plan! The weather ended up being just overcast so we were able to have our ceremony on the back patio, but the side patio would have been just as beautiful. Lori, the owner, is so on top of things and responsive - it took a lot of stress out of wedding planning. We can't thank Lori & Shadow Creek enough!

Sent on 10/28/2019

Shadow Creek's reply:

Lacey, your wedding was so beautiful and the weather was a dream for Megan to get some beautiful shots! It was a photographer's picture perfect day. It was so fun seeing your guests enjoying the games out front, great idea!
  • Alana

Alana · Married on 10/20/2019

Wedding of my dreams!

I could not speak too highly of Shadow Creek. First of all, the venue is absolutely beautiful. It is rustic chic- just the right amount of rustic and glamorous. It’s worth it to have Gus the horse greet your guests for a small extra fee. He’s very friendly! Last but not least, the owner, Lori was so responsive, flexible and warm from our first walk through to the post wedding follow up email. When an unforeseen issue arose, she handled it so quickly and professionally that my guests hardly noticed. That’s what you need in a venue!

Sent on 11/04/2019

Shadow Creek's reply:

Alana, your wedding was over the top, just beautiful and you had such a great team of vendors! The menu from Main Event was spectacular and Amanda knocked it out of the park with your floral design, not to mention how beautiful you were! Thank you for trusting us with your big day!
  • Kylie

Kylie · Married on 10/13/2019

Beyond Beautiful!

We knew the second we pulled up that Shadow Creek was the venue we just had to have for our wedding. Just the drive in makes a statement. Everything about the venue is absolutely stunning. The ease and beauty of being able to transform it into the wedding of your dreams is amazing. You have different options for ceremony settings, as well as how you'd like the reception or cocktail hour set up. During our reception we also made use of the fire pit outside and created a cigar bar - all was a HUGE hit. After we booked Shadow Creek, Lori (the owner) also had vendor recommendations available to us. She made everything so easy and really helped our dream come to life. Couldn't have been more perfect!

Sent on 11/11/2019

Shadow Creek's reply:

Kylie and Mike's day was beautiful. The vendors she chose were fabulous and brought everything together making her dream day come true! She had so many extras that made it especially fun for her guests, a day they will always remember!

Heather · Married on 10/11/2019

You won't find another venue like Shadow Creek

From the moment I stepped foot in Shadow Creek I knew that it would be our wedding venue. The owner Lori is absolutely fantastic and helped me every step. One of the things that I appreciate the most is that it is a blank (beautiful) canvas that allows you to mold the space into whatever you want for your day. I also greatly appreciated the fact that you can chose your own vendors, you're not required to use a particular one. Lori does have a list of vendors that she has worked with before but you are by no means obligated to use them. The venue itself is so beautiful I didn't feel like I had to add much decor wise to make is into what I wanted. From the grounds, ceremony site, and bars that are already there Lori really thought of everything. Thank you Lori for creating my dream venue!!!

Sent on 10/15/2019

Shadow Creek's reply:

Heather, it was a pleasure to work with you on your big day! It was so beautiful and your special touches like your custom corn hole boards and THAT donut truck made it one to remember! Thank you for letting us share in your big day.

Katherine · Married on 10/06/2019

Amazing Venue for your Big Day!

I don’t know where to begin with how amazing Shadow Creek was for our wedding this past weekend. We were planning our wedding from California and briefly visited the venue before deciding on it. What really convinced us was how warm and easy to communicate with, Lori was. Booking with Shadow Creek is very straight forward, there were no confusing contracts to look through or endless rules. She provided her preferred vendor list (which was pretty much used for every vendor being so far away) and they all turned out absolutely amazing! We had a Baraat, a traditional Indian wedding entrance with a white horse and she helped us identify the best place to have it and answered any questions promptly that came up throughout the year+ timeframe we had. Shadow Creek is an extremely popular venue and there’s a reason why! The grounds are beautiful and the lawn games, fire pit, Gus the horse and so many other things, make it different and enjoyable for every guest! Our guests loved visiting here and enjoying all it had to offer. Many Californians have said they’d love to move to Virginia now and I think the beauty of Shadow Creek is to blame! ;) thanks for providing the space for such a memorable and perfect day, Shadow Creek!

Sent on 10/08/2019
  • Hannah

Hannah · Married on 09/28/2019

Amazing venue! Wonderful wedding!

Shadow creek is an absolutely beautiful venue!! My husband and I are so happy we picked this venue for our wedding. The reception area is sooo gorgeous and doesn’t require a lot of decorations - which was a big cost saver for us! Also, you can “rent” Gus the horse to hang out with your guests during cocktail hour!! 10/10 would get married here again!!

Sent on 01/09/2020
  • Ellie

Ellie Purnell · Married on 09/23/2019

So many compliments on the venue

We received so many compliments from family and friends on the venue. Everyone loved Gus the horse and took tons of pictures with him. Lori and the staff at Shadow Creek are amazingly kind and caring and go out of their to help make your wedding day as special as possible. We couldn't have been happier with Shadow Creek and feel so grateful to have had our wedding there.

Sent on 09/23/2019
  • Ellie

Ellie Purnell · Married on 09/23/2019

So many compliments on the venue

Sent on 09/23/2019

Jennae Duarte · Married on 09/22/2019

Shadow Creek was our dream venue

From the moment my husband and I saw the venue, we knew that's where we wanted to get married. Lori was a joy to work with. From the landscape to the rustic feel, all of our guests absolutely loved it! Gus was also a hit!

Sent on 10/02/2019

Veronica Wicks · Married on 08/31/2019

A wonderful wedding venue in VA!

What can I say about Shadow Creek that has not already been said?! Simply a wonderful venue and backdrop for a wedding. Everything on the day of my wedding ran smoothly, and it was an absolutely amazing all because of Lori and Jenna.

Sent on 10/10/2019

Veronica~

It was totally our pleasure to host your beautiful wedding!
    Thank you for putting your trust in us, we loved every minute of it.
  • Carly

Carly Price · Married on 08/24/2019

Everything You Want and So Much More!

Shadow Creek is the exact venue I dreamt about for my wedding day! From the very first e-mail I sent to go and see Shadow Creek in person, Lori was amazing and I knew we were in great hands! Every single thing about this venue is perfect, inside and out! The grounds outside are kept perfectly with beautiful flowers and the gorgeous farmland as a backdrop all the way around the barn. The layout for the ceremony, cocktail hour and reception is great for an easy flow and transition between each part of the day. The interior of the barn is flawless and will go with any theme you have in mind. All of our guests loved SC and could not stop raving about how gorgeous it is! This venue has everything you need and want, and so much more! Check out Shadow Creek on Facebook and Instagram to see all of the amazing weddings happening every weekend! You also get to see the various vendors that frequently work at SC. This was super helpful in my planning to be able to pick other vendors that are familiar with the space and are already trusted by SC! I can't thank Lori and her family enough for having this amazing space for so many people to enjoy and celebrate one of the most memorable days of their lives!

Sent on 09/02/2019
  • Jessica

Jessica Simms · Married on 08/11/2019

Best wedding venue ever!

I honestly cannot say enough kind words about this venue and it's owners. Shadow Creek is truly a DREAM wedding venue!!!! This was the first venue my husband and I toured and it was hands down the best one. It is so GORGEOUS and has every amenity you need. All of my wedding guests were in awe of the beautiful barn and LOVED taking pictures with "Gus" the horse!! Not only is the venue itself perfect, but the family who owns it is so so wonderful. They were extremely responsive and so accommodating/flexible from the day we booked it! I HIGHLY recommend Shadow Creek to any and everyone looking for their dream venue - look no further

Sent on 12/02/2019

Jessica;
    Your wedding was beyond beautiful and exciting. Not only were you breath-taking beautiful, the draping was magical and your band was off the charts! Thank you for letting us share in your big day!
  • F

Francesca Gibbs · Married on 08/10/2019

Stunning Venue with Dedicated Owners

Shadow Creek was the wedding venue of my dreams! I will forever feel lucky to have had my wedding at SC. All of our guests were blown away. I first walked into Shadow Creek and knew that there was something unique and amazing about the venue. It was "the one!" Shadow Creek is settled amongst the beautiful green hills of Purcellville, Virginia and the views are stunning. The venue itself is so beautiful and meticulously maintained. Every time I visited, I fell in love all over again. Last but certainly not least, Lori and her daughter Jenna are beyond gracious hosts at SC. They provided a shovel not once, but twice for us to both bury the bourbon and dig it up on the day our wedding. They were always super responsive and incredibly happy to help us make our day perfect. We are forever grateful!!

PS-- Gus the horse and the Hitched Bar were both worthwhile additions! :)

Sent on 08/12/2019
  • Marilyn

Marilyn Procaccini · Married on 07/13/2019

Rustic Elegance Farm Venue

This is absolutely by far the most perfect wedding venue you could choose. Working with Lori Carlyle the owner is a true blessing. She helped with vendors with site design with weekly advice. She made everything go seamlessly and it was a perfect wedding. We buried a bourbon bottle on the property and when we asked to do so she did not hesitate (the weather was perfect)! We had extra cocktail hours, had hitch bar, games on the lawn, lots of decor, a bluegrass band - she said yes and helped us execute the perfect wedding. Our guests were in awe of the property and the cows and horses all came
    To see. Every vendor she recommended was awesome and we all want to do the day over again. There are probably not many dates available- but wait for one that is! We did and we are thrilled we had our reception here!

Sent on 07/24/2019
  • Anne

Anne Bistany Whiteford · Married on 07/12/2019

Amazing, stunning, effortless

This was beyond expectations. The venue was absolutely beautiful. The experience with Lori and Shadow Creek was amazing from our first call through the wedding day. I couldn't imagine any other venue that would have been as beautiful and easy to work with. I highly recommend checking it out.

Sent on 12/16/2019

Shadow Creek's reply:

Thanks so much Anne! Tori and Aaron's wedding was lovely. The addition of the Hitched Bar made it especially fun for their guests. Thanks for letting us be a part of their big day, it was lovely!

Emily · Married on 07/05/2019

Perfect Venue!

Shadow Creek is the perfect venue! I especially appreciated the beauty in the surrounding landscape, ceremony location, and barn design details so we didn't have to do much additional decoration -- it was all so naturally gorgeous. Even better, the venue was designed with a fantastic flow, so we were able to have our ceremony, cocktail hour and reception all on-site. My bridal party and I loved the beautiful bridal suite - the spaciousness, lighting, neural coloring, and beautiful décor allowed for a calm, comfortable getting-ready experience that also rendered stunning photos. (And the guys had a good time in the groom’s room, too!) Lori was professional, positive, and accommodating – an absolute joy to work with! She was there on the day of the wedding making sure our wedding day was perfect and all our needs were being met. I highly recommend Shadow Creek for your wedding venue!

Sent on 08/23/2019

Makrina Aziz · Married on 06/10/2019

Incredible Venue!

I'm from Scotland and wanted a wedding venue that would be similar to home! This was the perfect venue - rolling green hills, trees everywhere - it was perfect. My wedding was 2 weeks ago and my guests are still telling me how much they loved the venue. Lori is so great to work with, very very helpful, and went above and beyond to ensure our day was as smooth as possible! She also knows many vendors and was able to direct us to the type of vendors we were looking for. We went with every single one of her recommendations and we are so pleased that we did! Shadow Creek is worth every single penny and worth making your guests drive any distance for!! This venue is the best wedding decision you will make!

Sent on 06/24/2019
  • Susie

Susie Nantz · Married on 06/08/2019

#aliandscotttietheknot2019

From the first day we drove up to see the property and met the owner Lori, we knew we were home! It is a stunning and beautiful property to get married, but the most important was Lori's attentiveness, kindness, and flexibility. She is the real deal and most impressive. You will not be sorry! We absolutely HIGHLY recommend rain or shine!! Love you & thank you again for sharing Shadow Creek for Ali & Scott.

Sent on 06/10/2019
  • Victoria

Victoria Cheshire · Married on 06/02/2019

Most Beautiful Venue

Shadow Creek is the most beautiful wedding venue I have ever seen. People are still telling me how beautiful it all was and how much they enjoyed the wedding. I was able to bring my dogs and my horse, which made the day that much more special. I loved the privacy of this venue, your wedding is the only event happening that day so there are no tourists or hotel guests or competing weddings crowding you. I cannot recommend Shadow Creek highly enough as a venue for your special day.

Sent on 06/25/2019

Bayan · Married on 06/01/2019

So far so good. We are absolutely in love with the venue, as well as management. Lori has been a real treat and has treated us real well. She is so warm and transparent, communications have given us promise to working with her. I believe the pricing may have gone up since last reviewed but we look forward to giving a full review after our beautiful wedding in June of 2019 at Shadow Creek!!!

Sent on 07/15/2018