SDS Events Reviews

115 Reviews for SDS Events

• Bria

Bria & Quez Johnson · Married on 11/21/2020

Absolutely amazing!

Shawon and her team were an absolute pleasure to work with! From the moment we met I knew that we had to have her plan our wedding and I’m SO glad we did. Not only was she very attentive to our wants and needs but she was also readily available at all times! I never wanted to feel like I was bothering her unless we had meetings but she assured me time and time again to call her even if I had the most basic question. When it came to budgeting and planning I had no worries at all and at times forgot I was planning a whole wedding because she was THAT GOOD! Our wedding was everything we could’ve dreamed of and more and we more than blessed to have SDS Events by our side every step of the way! If you’re looking for someone who’s always going to have your best interest at heart, make sure you stay within your budget, plan a bomb ass wedding, and become like family look no further than SDS Events! You will not be disappointed!

Chenae Graham · Married on 11/07/2020

Nothing Short of Amazing...

Where do I even begin? Only being able to rate 5 stars to SDS is not even fair. Planning a wedding can be extremely challenging and when I first met with SDS, I knew immediately that our day, this experience and my level of happiness would be unmatched. They even made my idea of having a food truck at the end of the night come to life! Now that is what I call getting it done!

Planning a wedding during a pandemic is nothing I would wish for anyone but having SDS made me feel like I was protected from it all and continuously helped me focus on what I could control and created an amazing experience through a very trying time for all.

As we went through the year, there was constant communication, professionalism, timely responses, amazing insight, ideas, suggestions, honesty, appropriate push back, mentoring, early morning calls, late night texts and one amazing relationship formed.

I can never put into words what SDS did for me, my husband and how they lead the wedding of the century (you read correctly…wedding of the century!). However, I will try, so here are a few things I just have to make sure the world knows:

1. Shawon is simply amazing and if you don’t secure her as your wedding planner, that will be your first mistake, TRUST ME. Her professionalism, tenure, lens of life and reputation is all you need to have the wedding your heart desires. She knows how to plan and execute a flawless wedding and she is the BEST, I mean, THE BEST. She listens intently and makes sure that she takes the time to learn you not only as a bride but as a person and that is so important and shows up in so many ways throughout this process. She will not tell you what you want to hear but instead she will tell you the truth and what needs to be said. Throughout this year she was not only my planner but she showed up as my therapist (☺️), listening ear, support system and she may not know it but my newest friend and I will forever love her for being what I needed without me even knowing it.

2. Proper, Prior, Planning: I never and I mean never worried about one thing. Everything was always organized, planned and executed in a way that I was able to have the confidence that my vision would be seen by all to feel the love shared between Kenneth and I.

3. Execution: Our day was executed perfectly and I mean perfectly. Every encounter with SDS was done flawlessly. On the wedding day, I received my 7:00 am wake up call, I was given words of encouragement and told to be ready for one amazing day and that’s exactly what it was. When I walked out my heart was so full. Seeing what SDS along with the amazing vendors created was more than we ever imagined.

I will end by saying this, SDS is the best of the best and I would recommend them to anyone who is planning a wedding. I personally would like to thank Shawon and every single member of the team for all that you did for us. We are forever grateful and I'm trying to figure out what we can do next just to work with them again! I'm thinking #babyshower....

Love
    Kenneth & Chenae Burke

• Aniya

Aniya Ward · Married on 10/03/2020

The Perfect Flow

SDS Events is worth every minute of your time and your money. Once we turned our wedding planning over to them everything was stress free from there for us. Although all services were wonderful let me rave on one in particular... the organization of the order of the wedding day and the scheduling of vendors. We had nothing to worry about because SDS made sure that everyone was in place at their assigned times and they kept the day moving. They made sure to provide us with documents of everything needed, once received they took over. Oh by the way can we say “Responsive”. When we called, they answered, shoot sometimes they called us to put us on notice about things. I have recommended SDS Events to everyone who would listen.

Kayla Sadler · Married on 09/26/2020

Absolutely Amazing

Shawon and her team are awesome! They are very professional and experts at what they do. Everything ran smoothly and perfectly because of them. We couldn’t have done this without them!

Sent on 10/04/2020
  • Candra

Candra · Married on 09/20/2020

Don’t Hesitate - Book Shawon Today!

Shawon McClure and her team are the most amazing wedding planning team! Before getting married, I’ve been in my fair share of weddings and was privy to a lot of the mishaps that can happen leading up to and unfortunately the day of a wedding. Because of this I did my due diligence in asking around to see who most people from work to personal friends would recommend. 99% of the time Shawon’s name came up and after I reserved her services with the wedding planning package We wanted, everything from that point forward was taken care of . Getting married during Covid is already stressful enough and Shawon and her team made sure that for my husband and I’s wedding day that everything went perfect from start to finish. My wedding day was one of the best days of my life and that is owed entirely to Shawon and her team who paid attention to every detail, made sure my husband and I kept a drink in our hand at the reception, and overall just ensured a seamless experience from start to finish. Don’t hesitate to book Shawon !! She is beyond amazing and truly talented at what she does.

Denora Encarnacion · Married on 09/19/2020

We received excellent service with SDS

SDS was very professional & flexible in working with us to create our wedding day. With everything going on in this current day it took some adjusting & SDS helped in bringing the vision to life.

Ashley Williams · Married on 09/06/2020

Amazing !!!!

We hired SDS events for month of planning and they were worth every penny. Shawon and her team helped ease my nerves leading up to the wedding and made sure everything went smooth on the day of. If there were any issues I wouldn’t know because they were so helpful in making sure I was stress free on the day of. Even with COVID, Shawon and her team were really proactive in making sure we were able to adjust to make our wedding day not only memorable but safe. I’ve gotten so many compliments on my wedding and it’s all thanks to SDS events. I would recommend them for anyone who is in search for a wedding planner.

Sent on 10/01/2020
  • Otteria

Otteria Miller · Married on 08/08/2020

Best Planning Team!!

Shawon & her team at SDS Events were absolutely amazing to work with for my wedding! Even during a pandemic, they went above and beyond to make we got exactly what we envisioned for our day!!

Brae Dozier · Married on 04/09/2020

Best in the business

Shawon made our day perfect. She was on top of everything and we didn’t have to worry about a thing. On our wedding day, all we had to do was literally show up. Everything was taken care of. Her staff was amazing as well. Lucky to have had her during this process!

Sent on 10/03/2020
  • Travain

Travain Rouse · Married on 03/01/2020

The BEST Wedding Planner, YES!!!! Hero? ABSOLUTELY!!

Shawon and her team at SDS Events are incredibly and arguably one of the most professional, genuine and sincerely caring people I have ever worked with. From the moment I said yes to my honey I've heard, "You have to work with Shawon" or "Shawon is amazing you will love her" & "Shawon caters to her brides!" Well let me tell you... they didn't lie! Shawon exceeded my expectations of what a planner is. There was NEVER a time where I couldn't get in contact with her and IF, keyword IF she didn't answer on the first try, there was an immediate response. She was literally a phone call, Facetime :) email or text away. Unfortunately, three weeks before our wedding, we were informed that our Venue had closed. I was in total shock, disbelief and ultimately hurt and scared to be honest, but Shawon saved the day. Not only did she book several appointments for us the NEXT day her team was there to assist us in our search. That's not a planner, that's a HERO. (We went with one of the venues that she chose, and I must say we LOVEDDD it more than our original venue!) Shawon made me feel like I was the ONLY bride she was working with, she made me feel important and never left me in the dark. Even when she traveled she gave me a heads up with dates she'd be out of town so I was AWARE! She was there every step of the way. Any question I had she answered. She checked in on me daily/weekly to make sure I had what I needed mentally and to prepare me for my big day. She sent checklist which was a HUGE help to me and kept me organized and above all she was professional and instrumental in EVERY decision I made. ANDDD she GETS THE JOB DONE! She WORKS for her Brides and makes sure you have what YOU want. If you're looking for a planner that is professional, communicative, goes above and beyond for her clients, funny, your girlfriend, someone who makes you feel like you're the TOP priority then don't hesitate to book SDS Events! (I'm literally tearing up as I type this) I PROMISE you it's worth it. Although my wedding is over, Shawon has a special place in my heart and I will continue to text and call her LOL. She's the best. Don't waste your time searching anymore, SDS Events is the way to go!

Sent on 03/13/2020
  • T. Sellers

T. Sellers · Married on 02/21/2020

My wedding planning experience was phenomenal bc of SDS EVENTS

On my wedding day, everyone kept ask me, “Why are you SO calm???” The answer: I had nothing to worry about! The staff of SDS Events was absolutely incredible. Every detail was managed for the entirety of the process. I truly enjoyed working with them and I would totally do it all over again if given the opportunity!

Sent on 03/04/2020
  • Sherell

Sherell · Married on 09/21/2019

The best Wedding Planners Ever!!!

We can’t begin to express how appreciative we are of our wedding planner and her team. From the moment my now husband and I first met with Shawon, we knew she was the one for us! Her professionalism, bright personality, sternness and nurturing spirit immediately attracted us. For couples that are planning a wedding, A WEDDING PLANNER IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! & you do not need to look any further. SDS Events, LLC is the team for you!! I can’t stress that enough.

Midway during the planning process, we took s job abroad and spent 9 months planning away from home. Shawon was there, checking in with us and making sure everything was in order. On the morning of the wedding, Shawon had beautiful flowers delivered to me. & she checked in with us continually. Tiara, Tiffany and Kayla never left my side on Our wedding day. The day couldn’t have gone any smoother than it did. My bridal party and guests fell in love with them and commended them on the excellent job they did with our wedding. I felt NO stress on wedding day. I was so calm knowing that I had an awesome team beside me. We deeply feel in our hearts that if we had not chosen SDS Events, LLC as our wedding planners, it wouldn’t have ran as smoothly as it did. These ladies are heaven sent. We will be returning for our future celebrations because we aren’t ready to let them go ❤️

Sent on 09/26/2019

Monet Virella · Married on 09/21/2019

Virella Jamaica Destination Wedding

Tony and I are so grateful for hiring SDS events to plan our destination wedding. Shawon McClure, owner, was absolutely amazing and very professional. Despite being given an onsite coordinator at the resort, Shawon was exactly what we needed. She kept us focused on what we pre-established as our financial goal and made sure everything was within reason. We were so ecstatic to have her present with us during the week of the wedding when we first met the wedding staff at the resort. She guided us through every single detail and ensured that we received everything we desired. Shawon's passion for weddings combined with her organization and attention to detail makes her far worth more than the rate charged. We would highly recommend her and her staff to any couple planning a local or destination wedding. With Shawon's help our wedding weekend was a smoothly-run success.

Sent on 11/02/2019

Dianne Williams · Married on 08/24/2019

My experience was great

The staff is very helpful and attentive to your needs. I had no worries on my wedding day.
    Would recommend to anyone!!

Sent on 03/03/2020
  • Amoy & Dewayne

Amoy & Dewayne · Married on 07/12/2019

Our Amazing Day

Shawon and her team showed up and showed out for my big day!! During our first meeting, the only information I had to offer Shawon were my wedding colors. I am not a wedding planner or an expert, so I allowed Shawon to take the wheel and do what she does best!! When I say she did that, she definitely did that and more. I am so blessed and grateful to have had Shawon and her team by my side on my big day.

Sent on 03/09/2020
  • Raeneice

Raeneice Reed · Married on 05/19/2019

Highly Recommended

Shawon ensured our wedding ran smoothly from start to finish - even our vendors gave her praises. From our first point of contact Shawon was timely and professional. We appreciated that she was upfront about pricing, deliverables, and expectations. As it got closer to our wedding date she was always responsive and exceeded our expectations. My husband and I were very pleased with her service and will surely be recommending her to others! Thank you SDS Events!

Sent on 07/28/2019

Tiara Shackleford · Married on 05/05/2019

Pure excellence!

If anyone knows me, you know I’m anal and a perfectionist in the nicest way possible lol. When I decided to get a wedding planner, I already knew I was going to do most of the work and just consult the planner for advice! The sole purpose was for them to execute my plans bc my life was hectic!!! When I tell you, that was NOT the case with SDS events!! After my first conversation with Shawon I knew I had to have her!! When we met in person, it felt like I’d known her forever!! She made my “extra-ness” feel normal lol! After that meeting my mind was at ease, I was relieved, and I didn’t feel like I needed to give her the blueprint to plan my wedding!!! Throughout the entire process I literally didn’t worry about a thing! I trusted her 100% and she never let me down! Her follow through was on point!!!!! If you’ve never met a stress-free bride, now you have!! After talking to other brides I would call Shawon and ask if I was suppose to do something or worry about something bc being stress-free is apparently abnormal and foreign!! She assured me I was good....and I really was!! Fast forward to my wedding day....everything that could’ve happened, happened! However, the entire team FLAWLESSLY executed my day!!! I gotta admit, I got a little nervous for about 2mins but it didn’t last long at all lol! To say the least, make sure you get you a planner that doesn’t crack under pressure, especially if it’s out of their control!!! If it wasn’t for Shawon, I’m not sure how I would’ve made it to the wedding day (probably stressed, in debt, and half crazy); and if it wasn’t for her entire team, ESPECIALLY Tia, I’m not sure how we would’ve made it through our wedding day! Tia not only made sure I was good at all times, but she took care the needs of my girls and my mother as well! When our guests mention how beautiful, well-organized, and amazing our day was they ALWAYS mention how on-point my planner and her team was (an entire month later and yes, guests are still talking about our wedding)!!! My husband and I are truly blessed to have had SDS plan our wedding! When my husband raves about an experience, it speaks volumes!!!! Please make sure you have a full-service planner and if you don’t choose SDS events, you’ll be doing yourself a disservice!

Sent on 06/13/2019
  • Patrice

Patrice Jackson Grice · Married on 04/27/2019

Simply Amazing‼️Our day wouldn’t have been perfect without SDS Events‼️

Hiring SDS events for my wedding was the best decision we ever made! Even though my husband and I planned the majority of our wedding together we knew we needed someone that would make sure all our planning and wishes flowed the way we imagined. Shawon you were phenomenal, thank you for ensuring my day went just the way we planned! Chasity because of you I worried about nothing, even when I tried you assured me, “I got it”!! Having an awesome team is important and we’re so glad that we decided SDS events!! We highly recommend Shawon and her team to any couple planning their wedding!

Sent on 05/31/2019
  • Neisha

Neisha · Married on 03/30/2019

Amazing team and amazing service and amazing people!

I mean I am not even sure if I have the words to describe what Shawon and her team did for us. They were a dream come true and I know for sure that our day would not have been as smooth without her!! I am forever grateful that Shawon, Tiara,and Chassiny (spell check) were there on my big day . I will forever recommend them for anyone getting married. They handled every detail, were there to troubleshoot any problems without bothering me, coached my DJ who was new to doing weddings, made us feel like celebrities, gave us ideas when we had not a clue, kept us ON TIME which was so important to me, made sure we had our time during our day, and kept us laughing. It was like having our best friends handle our wedding be the end of it. I mean it was amazing!!! They are an amazing time and handle EVERY detail.

Sent on 04/02/2019
  • Talathia

Talathia · Married on 03/29/2019

My Fairytale Wedding

Shawon and her team (Tia And Tiffany) were the absolute best. When I say that we didn’t have to worry about anything on our special day..... WE DIDN’T WORRY ABOUT A THING. They served us and waited on us like Kings and Queens! Thank you so much Shawon for helping to make our day PERFECT!

Sent on 05/03/2019
  • Erika

Erika Jeter · Married on 10/20/2018

Best Planner Ever

Ms. Shawon is amazing. My best investment on my wedding day.

Sent on 11/07/2019

DeJa · Married on 10/06/2018

Our Perfect Day

Highly recommended! I am so thankful I had Shawon and her team with me every step of the way. From our first meeting I knew she was the perfect planner for me. With her down to earth personality and professionalism, I knew we were making the right choice. Shawon pointed us in the right direction and was there to answer any questions. She made sure everything was taken care of, so we could enjoy our special day. With the help of SDS Events our wedding was everything we hoped for and more!

Sent on 01/26/2019
  • Anita

Anita Uhmari · Married on 09/08/2018

A gift for my special day

Wedding planning is hectic and time consuming. I admit I tried to do it myself while working a full time job. Let me say that was an epic fail. I reached out to several wedding planners. Settle on SDS event. While talking to a co- worker she referred SDSEvents. I called that a sign. Well I met with Shawron and Tiarra, can I say they were able to read my style right away. I felt a heavy load was lifted off my shoulders, literally.
    Anyway as the months rolled pass my fiancé and I called off the wedding. Shawron did not push or fuss. When I called her back to tell her that it was back on. Shawron pressed resume “play” right where it stopped. She worked with my then fiancé and I so well. Shawron gives out free hugs too when you need it!!! They are free!!!
    Any way on the day of my wedding , the air conditioner at the hotel room was not working. Shawron called me for a wake up call. She could sense I was upset. I told her I was hot and I did not have water. She said Don’t worry about it I will handle it , I will call downstairs to front desk. The next thing I know maintenance was at my door with a fan and a bottle of Dasani. I’m tearing up as I write this!!!!
    When I say the service is nothing short of amazing and on point. She will work with your budget and allow you to make your dream come true without breaking the bank!!!

Sent on 01/08/2019
  • Shenickie

Shenickie Taylor · Married on 08/11/2018

Exceptional Service!!

My wedding was 8/11/18 and I couldn’t have been more pleased and satisfied with the way my wedding and reception was executed and decorated! From the flowers, decor, food, cake, venue, bridal store, photos, and professionalism I received from Shawon, the rest of the SDS ladies, and vendors was outstanding! My guest are still talking about my wedding/reception and how fabulous it was! Shawon asked me if anything could have been done better, absolutely not! Keep up the great work, this is truly your gift, Derick and I couldn’t think of anything that could’ve been better!! Thanks so much!!

Sent on 10/24/2018

Nkolika · Married on 08/04/2018

This was literally the best thing we spent money on! There SDS team were so amazing!!! They made my wedding day so stress free, I didn't even have to handle any last minute fallout ( as a matter of fact I didn't even know about it till after the wedding :). They were so professional, flexible and made the whole experience the best I could have imagined. I loved having "the lady in waiting" by my side to help with anything I needed. So worth every penny we spent!

Sent on 09/28/2018