SDS Events Reviews

SDS Events 7
  • Raeneice

Raeneice Reed · Married on 05/19/2019

Highly Recommended

Shawon ensured our wedding ran smoothly from start to finish - even our vendors gave her praises. From our first point of contact Shawon was timely and professional. We appreciated that she was upfront about pricing, deliverables, and expectations. As it got closer to our wedding date she was always responsive and exceeded our expectations. My husband and I were very pleased with her service and will surely be recommending her to others! Thank you SDS Events!

Sent on 07/28/2019

Tiara Shackleford · Married on 05/05/2019

Pure excellence!

If anyone knows me, you know I’m anal and a perfectionist in the nicest way possible lol. When I decided to get a wedding planner, I already knew I was going to do most of the work and just consult the planner for advice! The sole purpose was for them to execute my plans bc my life was hectic!!! When I tell you, that was NOT the case with SDS events!! After my first conversation with Shawon I knew I had to have her!! When we met in person, it felt like I’d known her forever!! She made my “extra-ness” feel normal lol! After that meeting my mind was at ease, I was relieved, and I didn’t feel like I needed to give her the blueprint to plan my wedding!!! Throughout the entire process I literally didn’t worry about a thing! I trusted her 100% and she never let me down! Her follow through was on point!!!!! If you’ve never met a stress-free bride, now you have!! After talking to other brides I would call Shawon and ask if I was suppose to do something or worry about something bc being stress-free is apparently abnormal and foreign!! She assured me I was good....and I really was!! Fast forward to my wedding day....everything that could’ve happened, happened! However, the entire team FLAWLESSLY executed my day!!! I gotta admit, I got a little nervous for about 2mins but it didn’t last long at all lol! To say the least, make sure you get you a planner that doesn’t crack under pressure, especially if it’s out of their control!!! If it wasn’t for Shawon, I’m not sure how I would’ve made it to the wedding day (probably stressed, in debt, and half crazy); and if it wasn’t for her entire team, ESPECIALLY Tia, I’m not sure how we would’ve made it through our wedding day! Tia not only made sure I was good at all times, but she took care the needs of my girls and my mother as well! When our guests mention how beautiful, well-organized, and amazing our day was they ALWAYS mention how on-point my planner and her team was (an entire month later and yes, guests are still talking about our wedding)!!! My husband and I are truly blessed to have had SDS plan our wedding! When my husband raves about an experience, it speaks volumes!!!! Please make sure you have a full-service planner and if you don’t choose SDS events, you’ll be doing yourself a disservice!

Sent on 06/13/2019
  • Patrice

Patrice Jackson Grice · Married on 04/27/2019

Simply Amazing‼️Our day wouldn’t have been perfect without SDS Events‼️

Hiring SDS events for my wedding was the best decision we ever made! Even though my husband and I planned the majority of our wedding together we knew we needed someone that would make sure all our planning and wishes flowed the way we imagined. Shawon you were phenomenal, thank you for ensuring my day went just the way we planned! Chasity because of you I worried about nothing, even when I tried you assured me, “I got it”!! Having an awesome team is important and we’re so glad that we decided SDS events!! We highly recommend Shawon and her team to any couple planning their wedding!

Sent on 05/31/2019
  • Neisha

Neisha · Married on 03/30/2019

Amazing team and amazing service and amazing people!

I mean I am not even sure if I have the words to describe what Shawon and her team did for us. They were a dream come true and I know for sure that our day would not have been as smooth without her!! I am forever grateful that Shawon, Tiara,and Chassiny (spell check) were there on my big day . I will forever recommend them for anyone getting married. They handled every detail, were there to troubleshoot any problems without bothering me, coached my DJ who was new to doing weddings, made us feel like celebrities, gave us ideas when we had not a clue, kept us ON TIME which was so important to me, made sure we had our time during our day, and kept us laughing. It was like having our best friends handle our wedding be the end of it. I mean it was amazing!!! They are an amazing time and handle EVERY detail.

Sent on 04/02/2019
  • Talathia

Talathia · Married on 03/29/2019

My Fairytale Wedding

Shawon and her team (Tia And Tiffany) were the absolute best. When I say that we didn’t have to worry about anything on our special day..... WE DIDN’T WORRY ABOUT A THING. They served us and waited on us like Kings and Queens! Thank you so much Shawon for helping to make our day PERFECT!

Sent on 05/03/2019

DeJa · Married on 10/06/2018

Our Perfect Day

Highly recommended! I am so thankful I had Shawon and her team with me every step of the way. From our first meeting I knew she was the perfect planner for me. With her down to earth personality and professionalism, I knew we were making the right choice. Shawon pointed us in the right direction and was there to answer any questions. She made sure everything was taken care of, so we could enjoy our special day. With the help of SDS Events our wedding was everything we hoped for and more!

Sent on 01/26/2019
  • Anita

Anita Uhmari · Married on 09/08/2018

A gift for my special day

Wedding planning is hectic and time consuming. I admit I tried to do it myself while working a full time job. Let me say that was an epic fail. I reached out to several wedding planners. Settle on SDS event. While talking to a co- worker she referred SDSEvents. I called that a sign. Well I met with Shawron and Tiarra, can I say they were able to read my style right away. I felt a heavy load was lifted off my shoulders, literally.
    Anyway as the months rolled pass my fiancé and I called off the wedding. Shawron did not push or fuss. When I called her back to tell her that it was back on. Shawron pressed resume “play” right where it stopped. She worked with my then fiancé and I so well. Shawron gives out free hugs too when you need it!!! They are free!!!
    Any way on the day of my wedding , the air conditioner at the hotel room was not working. Shawron called me for a wake up call. She could sense I was upset. I told her I was hot and I did not have water. She said Don’t worry about it I will handle it , I will call downstairs to front desk. The next thing I know maintenance was at my door with a fan and a bottle of Dasani. I’m tearing up as I write this!!!!
    When I say the service is nothing short of amazing and on point. She will work with your budget and allow you to make your dream come true without breaking the bank!!!

Sent on 01/08/2019
    SDS Events 16
  • Shenickie

Shenickie Taylor · Married on 08/11/2018

Exceptional Service!!

My wedding was 8/11/18 and I couldn’t have been more pleased and satisfied with the way my wedding and reception was executed and decorated! From the flowers, decor, food, cake, venue, bridal store, photos, and professionalism I received from Shawon, the rest of the SDS ladies, and vendors was outstanding! My guest are still talking about my wedding/reception and how fabulous it was! Shawon asked me if anything could have been done better, absolutely not! Keep up the great work, this is truly your gift, Derick and I couldn’t think of anything that could’ve been better!! Thanks so much!!

Sent on 10/24/2018
    SDS Events 21
    SDS Events 22
    SDS Events 23

Nkolika · Married on 08/04/2018

This was literally the best thing we spent money on! There SDS team were so amazing!!! They made my wedding day so stress free, I didn't even have to handle any last minute fallout ( as a matter of fact I didn't even know about it till after the wedding :). They were so professional, flexible and made the whole experience the best I could have imagined. I loved having "the lady in waiting" by my side to help with anything I needed. So worth every penny we spent!

Sent on 09/28/2018

Rasheda · Married on 06/23/2018

My overall experience with SDS Events was amazing! SDS Events surrounded me with love and support. As you can imagine; I was nervous and emotional some days. I was always greeted with a hug, smile and a gentle reminder that all is well!. With so many action items on your plate, it was refreshing to receive an abundance of support outside of family and friends. SDS Events keep me focused and on budget. Shawon is professional, resourceful and honest. Her staff was courteous and professional. My wedding was everything I dream of and more! I truly couldn't have executed my wedding without SDS Events.

Sent on 08/09/2018

T · Married on 05/26/2018

I love this team of professional yet personable individuals!!! Here I was a woman getting married with not one clue as to what I wanted. Not a single vision or dream about this. Shawon and her team guided me through this entire process providing valuable input as well as reading me with such accuracy that a dream I never had came to life. Shawon and team calmed my fears, eased my anxiety and was always there when I needed them. Everything was perfect! They went above and beyond in the services they provided to make sure I had the most wonderful day EVER! I cant thank them enough!!

Sent on 06/07/2018

Monique · Married on 05/05/2018

5/5/18 the best day of my life!!! We owe it to Shawon and her SDS team. When we meet Shawon for the first time it felt like I was reunited with a long lost family member. When we left the meeting my husband was convinced we could not have this wedding without her and her team lol! Seriously, your wedding day is one of the biggest days in a woman’s life and I am so blessed that god lead me to her (My fairy wedding mother). Like most brides I called her for every little thing and she was so professional, attentive, and knowledgeable every time! Even the day of the wedding my mind was racing wanting to make sure all my little details and signage was in order lol. Stress is just not necessary when you have SDS in charge! I don’t know what I would have done without Shawon from the times I just needed a hug, to times she saved me from tripling my budget! (Her connections) If you are thinking about a wedding planner don’t cheat yourself SDS is the best hands down. How many brides can say there wedding day was truly perfect? I’ll wait............. ME!!!!!
    - The Croutch’s

Sent on 08/21/2018

Ashley · Married on 03/17/2018

We could not have picked a better team than SDS Events! Everyone was well coordinated, organized, and kept us informed on every step of the day!

Sent on 04/02/2018

Rhonda · Married on 11/18/2017

Shawon and the staff of SDS Events turned my dream wedding into a reality. I told Shawon I wanted “simple but elegant” and she made it happen! There is a reason why, 4 months after my wedding, I continue to hear: “That was the best wedding I have ever attended” From the decor and DJ to the photo booth, Shawon brought in professional, experienced vendors that created an elegant affair!

Sent on 04/09/2018

Shanta · Married on 11/04/2017

Shawon, Thank you:
    For meeting me the SAME day that I contacted you about my wedding.
    For agreeing to plan my wedding - 6 short months out..I know..yikes
    For allowing me to vent and be mean while dealing with my first world problems smh
    For making a reluctant bride a believer again (I was taking myself way too seriously).
    For humoring a 39/40 yr old non-traditional, sort of traditional, I make my own traditions kind of bride
    For helping me throw my biggest, baddest and most ballingness "house party" ever LOL
    Shawon, you and your team of beautiful ladies did a wonderful and most professional job executing my vision. You have something special here and deserve recognition for it.
    Shawon, you were inspirational, helpful and most importantly, available to me up to the day of my wedding (and after). The rehearsal and ceremony were ON TIME, yeahhhhhhhhh!!
    Everything from makeup to sparkler send-off ran smoothly. If there was a hiccup or bump in the road I wouldn't have known
    In six months, you helped me pull together a dream of a wedding and I couldn't be more proud.
    Guests say it was the wedding of the year and the wedding of the century! Even invited guests that weren't in attendance are talking about this wedding....#hateyoumissedit
    Thanks for calling me the NEXT day after getting a phone call and couple of those .."Pls call me".."Oh nevermind smiley face" texts from me..I know smh. A call to Tiara..and she was right there with the answer as usual!
    My former fiance adored you and my new husband loves you in a way that I approve! :)
    Shawon I'm proud of you and love you, Tiara you mean the world to me, Tia my fellow libra you stuck by my side and didn't let me get you into trouble
    Many thanks to the entire SDS team. I am very grateful to know each of you..xoxo Shanta "Shae" Rudd
    PS - the ring bearer wants to know when we're having ANOTHER wedding...what the??

Sent on 11/20/2017

Brittany · Married on 10/14/2017

SDS Events did an exquisite job! Everything was on a timely manner and on point with the vision we had for the wedding. We couldn't have asked for a better coordinator. Shawon really took the time to listen to our needs and wants and really brought the family together to help execute the perfect wedding experience for everyone! The Whole SDS events crew was so engaging, helpful, uplifting, and cheerful. The wedding would not have been such a success without these ladies. They truly are miracle workers!

Sent on 04/23/2018
    SDS Events 31
    SDS Events 32
    SDS Events 33

Mesha · Married on 10/06/2017

Choosing SDS Events as our wedding planner/coordinator was the best decision ever! I had meetings with other wedding planners and I was unsure of which company to choose until I met with Shawon; I knew instantly that we would work well together! I was convinced that planning a wedding in Charlotte, NC while living in Houston, TX would be difficult, expensive, and stressful and it was none of the above. Shawon made certain that my visits to Charlotte were productive, efficient, and stress-free. I had a situation with a Houston-area makeup artist that cancelled on me at the last minute, right before our engagement photos. Shawon not only submitted a review to the MUA on my behalf, she also helped me locate another MUA in time for our photo session. That is just one example of the many times SDS Events provided exceptional service and support. Throughout the planning process, Shawon would check on me regularly to make certain that I was following "the checklist", but also to remind me not to get overwhelmed. She was the perfect balance for my Type A personality. I not only gained an amazing event planning team, but I also gained a therapist, big sister, and friend. Even the wedding rehearsal was a home run. It was over in 53 minutes flat. And we ran through the ceremony twice! I was confident that the wedding day schedule would be executed flawlessly, and I was correct! I called Shawon the morning after and expressed our gratitude; I honestly don’t know how we could have pulled the day without her. Almost three weeks later I am still receiving compliments on our wedding experience. I have recommended SDS Events at least three times since then. Trust me, choose them and you will not be disappointed!

Sent on 10/25/2017

TESLA · Married on 09/30/2017

Words cannot express my gratitude for Shawon and the SDS Events staff who are VERY professional, organized and punctual. I approached them with one idea and ended up with what I envisioned. Initially I didn't know how to put my thoughts into words, but Shawon and Tiarra became my personal mind readers and made our 15 Year Wedding Anniversary celebration an unforgettable night. The team was super friendly and attentive to our needs as well as our guest the entire night. We received so many praises after the event. They were able to keep me calm, classy and stress free throughout the entire process. The hand picked vendors on her team were above my expectations. There were so many small details that we hadn't thought of and Shawon took care of it all down to the perfect linen :-) ... I would HIGHLY recommend SDS Events if you are looking for superb service AND an unforgettable experience!

YOU ALL WERE AMAZING. THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING

Sent on 10/23/2017

Jevetta · Married on 09/23/2017

I can't say thank you enough to SDS Events for all of help. You ladies helped make my wedding PERFECT, I did not have to left one finger. I loved the professionalism, caring, tentativeness you showed to my husband and I.
    My guess talked about this companies weeks after the wedding, stating they knew what they was doing. I have heard so many times from my guest stating, "oh your wedding planner was on point."
    This company knows exactly what they are doing and certainly can get the job done. I love the fact that I was always reminded "you don't have to worry this is what you hired us to do" which took the aniexty away immediately! All I can say is SDS Events, I am so happy to have done business with you.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

The Wade's

Sent on 10/26/2017
    SDS Events 34

C · Married on 08/20/2017

SDS Events did a wonderful job planning and executing our 15 year vowel renewal. This was one of the best days of our lives. So many wonderful memories were made with our family and friends. It was a magical experience and we owe it all to SDS. They are very organized and hard working. Thank you SDS!!!

Sent on 11/09/2017

Kim · Married on 07/01/2017

I'll keep it simple: you will not find a more responsive, professional, resourceful planning service than SDS Events. Shawon, the CEO, meets with you to obtain clarity about your vision for your big day. Then, she connects you with service providers who will deliver exactly what you expect - and beyond! On your wedding day, you will be buffered from all stress while your event unfolds flawlessly before your eyes. My wedding day was like a dream. I'm convinced that no one could have done it better. If - and that's a big if - you can get her, DO IT.

Tiffany · Married on 07/01/2017

I don't know where to start with writing this review. Shawon CEO of SDS events came highly recommended. I was a little skeptical about hiring a wedding planner but after looking at Shawon's website. Needless to say I was impressed at all of her work she had done. Hiring SDS events was the best thing that I could have done. Meeting with Shawan and tiara was awesome. They were very professional caring loving and down to earth. Shawon greeted me with a bridal wake up call. 1st thing she said it's Wedding Day!!!! I was beyond excited that I had been up since 6 that morning!!!! Shawon let me know that she will be calling to check on me throughout the day since she would not be coordinating my wedding that day. She told me that I was in good hands with the team that she had assembled for me that consisted of Tiara,Tiffany, Tia and Adara. These ladies did an awesome job and making sure that my Wedding was on time and FLAWLESS!!!!!!!!! The Murray family Love's Shawon and SDS events..

Wedding 7/1/17

Sent on 07/16/2017

Holly · Married on 06/10/2017

Once engaged, my fiance (now husband) knew I would need help with the entire planning process! He immediately recommended Shawon and the SDS team because she was the planner of his best friend wedding a few years earlier, and I had a friend whose wedding she had just completed. Once we sat down for the consultation, I just knew she was IT! Her character, demeanor, no nonsense, professional, business savvy mode was all I needed to see and hear! I knew we were in good hands when we left the consultation and decided to say yes, but after 18 months of planning, I truly realized I was in superb hands because she turned my indecisiveness into an amazing, elegant, flawless wedding! She was there every step of the way to provide sound advice, recommendations, and execute the day all in a timely manner in true SDS fashion! Her expertise was always on point! She was just what I needed, and I cannot say thank you enough because the SDS team is not just great but awesome at what they do for a bride before, after, during, and all other moments in between leading up to and on that special day! Our wedding party, family, and friends are still raving about that amazing day! You will never know how much you mean to me! Shawon, thank you for being my wedding planner, counselor, and friend! The Crocketts love and appreciate you for truly making our day! We are thankful for SDS Events!

Kianna · Married on 05/20/2017

The first day that I met sds events, I knew that they had to be the ones to coordinate my wedding! My wedding day was executed flawlessly and it was the happiest day of me and my husbands life! Everything was absolutely breath taking and it was just what we imagined it to be. Shawon and her team were amazing from start to finish but most of all very professional and accomadating! I would choose them ten times over and I would do anything to relive our fabulous day! Thank you sds for making us feel so special on our day! We can never repay you!

• Toni

Toni · Married on 05/13/2017

Shawon, owner of SDS Events is awesome! Every bride to be planning a wedding needs her on their team! She has helped me in more ways than one. From keeping me calm to staying on budget to helping me focus on what matters most. Her response time is fast. She is always available for quick questions and decisions via phone/email or for face to face meetings. One of the best decisions I have made! Thank you #teamSDS

Sent on 12/02/2016