Sandals Ochi Reviews

Sandals Ochi 6
Sandals Ochi 7
  • Apryl

Apryl · Married on 04/18/2019

Almost everything was excellent!!

My wedding planner was awesome! Everything was perfect except the fact my husband and I shared a plate at our reception. I didn’t understand why we didn’t have our own plates and the amount of hot appetizers weren’t enough for the both of us.

Sent on 04/26/2019
    Sandals Ochi 13
    Sandals Ochi 14
    Sandals Ochi 15

Larry · Married on 02/10/2018

Sandals Ochi was the perfect location for our wedding. My wife and I were greeted by excellent customer service which continued until we departed. The food was great and were greeted and treated like royalty. Sandals should teach all other industries on the value of excellent customer service. The wedding ceremony location gave us a beautiful view of water as we exchanged our vows. Sandals Ochi will always be special to us. I would like to acknowledge Sanchia the wedding specialist who gave us great ideas and made sure our wedding was flawless. Sandals Kochi, you are best!

Sent on 02/07/2018

Barry · Married on 04/08/2017

Everything was great. The food and drinks were great and there was so many activities to do everyday. The wedding and reception went great all decor and dinner was awesome. Bride used the spa for hair and makeup she looked like a model going to a photo shoot. The wedding planner Daniela was very helpful and accommodated all requests made before and during wedding. She was very meticulous with decor and attention to detail. The photographer Allerine was very good at her job, she captured all shots with great background and lighting for a twilight and evening event outside. The catered reception dinner was very tasty even the wedding cake surpassed my expectations and was very flavorful and moist. We had an entertainer 'fire dancer' that livened up the guests at the end of the reception when they were winding down from a long day. The fire dancer I would refer to anyone having their reception in the evening he was phanominal guests have not stopped thanking us for such a great show. I have not received video from videographer yet but could imagine it will be just as great as all the others services.

Sent on 04/22/2017

Courtney · Married on 02/14/2017

The entire staff everywhere we turned was already on the next step and thought of every detail!!

Sent on 02/22/2017

Ashley · Married on 03/20/2015

The staff at Sandals was amazing. Ashalee could not have been a more perfect wedding planner. The entire staff made sure my day was stress free and perfect. Our photographer Kevin was great too. The resort is beautiful and our guests loved it. I cannot say enough great things about our experience.

Sent on 04/03/2015

Amy · Married on 01/08/2015

Wonderful resort for a destination wedding and honeymoon.

Sent on 01/13/2015

Jamie · Married on 09/20/2014

I looooooooooooove sandals!!!!! The grande Rivera made my wedding experience magical!!!! It was everything I dreamed and more. Ashlee was my wedding planner once I got there... She was incredible! She had things so organized! Prior to getting there Kadian had been my phone planner... She was also awesome... Very nice and did her job well because once I got there Ashlee had everything we had discussed!! My butlers Stanford and Jermaine were the absolute best ever!!! I was sad when I had to leave. Everyone in my party... Even people who were afraid of the plane ride have vowed to go back... And most have already contacted the travel agent (vacations in paradise) to set it up!!!! You will not be disappointed if you come here!!!!!! A wedding here will be a time to remember!!!!

Sent on 12/03/2014

The staff is wonderful, the property is gorgeous, and the food is amazing!

Sent on 07/25/2014

After looking at MANY MANY MANY resorts and countries, my husband and I chose Sandals Grand Riviera, Jamaica for our May wedding and we do not regret it.
    We chose the "free" wedding package (since we were staying longer than the required time) and it was terrific. The ceremony location options were all beautiful! We chose the beach. Although it was in the water sports area and you could see the equipment....it really was just right for our small, intimate wedding ceremony.
    The only add-on we chose, was the seashell aisle...I don't recommend it. It is $100 and doesn't turn out ANYTHING like the brochure/picture they show you. In the picture it is all kinds of exotic shells (conch, half shells, etc.) that fully line the aisle, no space between them. In reality, you get orange half shells every 6 inches or so down the aisle. So not worth it.
    The entire resort staff was fantastic. Friendly, entertaining and always willing to help. With our "wedding moon" package, we were upgraded to a Butler room and it was phenomenal! You are tucked up away from the resort in a villa of 4 rooms. There are two butlers that wait on you for your entire stay. At check in you recieve a phone that directly calls your butlers. They will drive you around the resort, deliver food to you (no matter where on the resort you are), ours even grabbed us some local, non-resort pasties!
    Overall, this resort was wonderful and I would go back in a heartbeat.

Sent on 12/03/2013

How could you go wrong with ALL INCLUSIVE on a tropical island???

Sent on 10/24/2012

Best place on earth for a honeymoon! Jamaican people are so warm and friendly. The service, the food, the ambiance. We are already planning on going back for an anniversary.

Sent on 09/03/2013
  • AyeZeeBee

Alexandria · Married on 02/22/2017

We loved the resort! The Wedding team was spectacular. They took care of all of our requests with no problems. We will be returning for our one year anniversary!

Sent on 03/07/2017

Melissa · Married on 08/09/2014

WE got the butler suite. would recommend getting that . the only downfall was that you needed to take a bus back and forth to beach!! but the food was awesome all the staff was great and the tours were amazing.

Sent on 09/22/2014

Tina · Married on 06/06/2014

This was my dream wedding. Everything was easy due to my wedding coordinator. The venue was gorgeous. The food for the reception was good as well.

Sent on 06/28/2014

Nikki · Married on 02/28/2016

3.5

We went here for our honeymoon because of the price but would definitely chose a different Sandals location next time! it's 1.5 hours from the hotel and definitely an older resort. They have recently redone parts of it which is great. The food and Sandals experience was amazing. We didn't realize we needed to make reservations to certain restaurants until our second day and by then 3/4 of them were booked for the whole week. The beach wasn't so great but the pools were nice. You have to get to the pool early if you want to have a chair!

Sent on 12/28/2016
  • Jessica

Jessica Edington · Married on 12/31/2018

2.0

Detailed Wedding Review at Sandals Ochi!

My husband and I had our wedding on Dec. 31, 2018 at noon at Sandals Ochi. I wanted to share all the information I wish I could find before the wedding to the soon-to-be brides who love ALL of the details!

Planning:
    You will be assigned a “wedding planner” who will coordinate all your details by phone, however, this is not the same wedding planner you will have at the resort. The first wedding planner is someone who will pass your details along and then the wedding planner at the resort is supposed to confirm and ensure all the details or requests happen. I had two phone call “planning” sessions with the first wedding planner to discuss decor, menus, the welcome/wedding dinner, etc. Because we were staying more than five nights, we received the $1,500 “premium perks,” and you can use $500 of that to “customize your own wedding.” I thought, “Great! I’ll do the free wedding and then pick $500 worth of decor to go along with my wedding.” However, this was not the case, and you can either pick the “free” wedding or choose the $500 perks, but not both, and the $500 can only be used toward certain things and does not include floral. So, needless to say, I went with the “free” wedding.

When you get to the resort, you will have a note in your room from your wedding planner with the specified date and time that you are supposed to meet with her to finalize details (normally the day after you arrive). For example, arrived on Dec. 26, the meeting was scheduled for Dec. 27 in the morning. We already had plans for scuba diving on Dec. 27, so we had to reschedule and arrive later in the afternoon for our meeting. In this meeting, you will do cake tasting, finalize decor plans, choose your ceremony venue and reception venue (she will show you the available venue spots), sign some more marriage-related documents, schedule time at the spa to get ready, and receive an itinerary with dates and times and all the information you’ll need that week for your wedding. Cake tasting was a lot of fun, and there are a lot of fun flavors to choose from. We ended up doing vanilla cake with strawberry daiquiri icing. With decor, she helped explain how everything would look and recommended some items to me. She was not salesy like the first planner on the phone, but actually very helpful. I am glad she did this, because with the free wedding, you don’t really get any decor, and we were unsure what we needed to get during the first two “planning” sessions. We had 20 people total there, including us. There were 6 people in the bridal party and 12 people in the audience. For the ceremony, we added some chair backs to the very back row and all the inside chairs (you do not need chair backs for all chairs). I also added some draping and two floral pieces for the pillars. It was definitely beautiful! They took care of all the decorations, so I did not have to worry about anything.

Welcome dinner:
    We chose to do our “welcome dinner” the night before our wedding, which served as our “rehearsal dinner.” The dinner was located on the outdoor patio of the Southern Table. This area was not completely private like anticipated, and they were still seating other people in tables outside, which felt a little awkward when people in my group made speeches. For this dinner, we chose to pay for a speaker for two hours ($150 per hour), as well as a gold table runner, gold charger plates, candles, and a “gold spike” decoration. Everything was great, however, there was a little bit of miscommunication with the food and decor. They did forget the candles, which I paid for, but have not heard back about a refund. In addition, you choose two entrees for the group to have prior to coming to the resort, and 18/20 of my group chose steak and lobster, while the remaining two people chose chicken and shrimp. We were surprised to see that they gave my entire group chicken and shrimp when the majority of us didn’t order it/they weren’t able to fix it that night when we asked. It was fine and tasted great, it was just that myself and my guests were all expecting what they ordered. In addition, I am unsure if I recommend spending money on a speaker for the welcome/rehearsal dinner if it is going to be in a public area like ours was. Since it was at a restaurant, there was already faint music playing, so my music wasn’t really necessary. Also, for whoever is wondering, I downloaded a playlist on Amazon Music that was Caribbean instrumental songs, so it was perfect for background music. I believe they said the music can be hooked up via aux cord or Bluetooth, however, I only tried the aux cord and brought an old iPhone for this so I wouldn’t have to give up my phone.

Wedding Day:
    You will follow the itinerary given to you from your wedding planner. My now husband and I obviously stayed in the same room the night before the wedding/saw each other the morning of the wedding before we got ready. Since my wedding was at noon, I had to be at the spa by 8:00am, which left time that morning for a quick breakfast at one of the buffets beforehand. My husband planned to go to breakfast with his brothers and then go to their room to get ready. He planned to meet the wedding planner in her office at 11:30, and he was in charge of bringing the phone with music for them to setup. (Note: If you want to keep your phone with you while you and your husband separate, I recommend putting the music on a wedding playlist on an old smartphone. I used Amazon Music on a free 3-month trial, and I made sure I downloaded the songs to this phone just in case the Wifi didn’t work. I put five songs total on there: Somewhere Over the Rainbow instrumental for the bridal party to walk in, Here Comes the Sun instrumental for me to walk in, Marry You by Bruno Mars for the document signing, our first dance song, and the song him and his mom had for their dance).

I paid for my four bridesmaids to get their makeup done, and they were scheduled to begin at 8:30am, however, their scheduled makeup artist did not arrive until about 9:30 I believe. Although she was late, this allowed time for my friend to curl my bridesmaids’ hair while we were in the salon. In addition, we were still on time for everything, so it was fine. I chose to get hair and makeup done at the spa, and the makeup was perfect, but the hair was just okay. If you have someone in your group who is decent at hair, I would recommend using that person instead, as it definitely wasn’t worth the $100! The spa for hair and makeup was decently small, but there was enough room for about 10 people to be in there at once. Also, just an FYI - I did ask if it was possible for the hair/makeup artist at the spa to come to my room to help us get ready, but the answer is that hair and makeup must be done at the spa.

The photographer showed up sometime while we were getting ready to take photos of all of us. My bridesmaids and I were all wearing our matching monogrammed robes, so this definitely made for cute photos later. After hair/makeup was done, we were on our own for about an hour and a half and went back to the room to finish getting ready and put on my dress. We went to my room, which was in the butler’s villas, so we caught one of the larger golf cart-type cars to take us to my room so we didn’t have to walk so far.

Since we booked a butler room, I asked one of the butlers if he could leave orange juice and champagne in the room for us girls while we got ready. While we were in the spa getting ready, he brought four bottles of champagne, several cans of orange juice, and several champagne glasses for mimosas to my room, so it was absolutely perfect!

Around 11:30ish, I put on my dress and got ready in my room with the help of my mom and sister. The photographer and bridesmaids were waiting in the living room area, and when I came out I anticipated the photographer to catch the “first-look” expressions on my bridesmaids’ faces like I have seen for all weddings, but she just stood there. So that was definitely a memory that I wish I caught on a photo and probably should’ve told the photographer what I wanted rather than just assuming.

We took more photos, and by this point, I was incredibly stressed out with getting there on time, which I was grateful for now that I think about it because it helped me not be so emotional by the time I got there, and I was actually able to say my vows coherently! The wedding planner showed up on time to my room at 11:50 with my bouquet and my bridesmaids’ bouquets (I paid a little extra for these, and they look very similar to the “free” wedding bouquet, just a little smaller), and the bus outside to take us to the wedding. (Note: I wish I would’ve upgraded the “free” bouquet, as it almost looked wilted and wasn’t very big. I know it wasn’t wilted and that’s just how the flowers look, but I wish I would’ve spent some extra money for better flowers!).

You will drive to the ceremony, and you don’t have anything to worry about at this point! All of the decor details were taken care of, the correct music played on time, etc. You will line up outside the ceremony area with your bridal party and wait for everyone’s cue to walk in. After everyone walks in, the officiant thanks everyone for being there and goes very quickly to you saying your “I do’s.” We brought our own vows, so he then gave us the opportunity to exchange them. After that, you have your first kiss, and then they immediately bring a table with two chairs for you and two witnesses (we chose our moms) to sign your marriage documents right then and there. You’ll then be “dismissed” and everyone hugs and cries and celebrates on the patio outside the ceremony area.

(Note: Of course not everyone will be able to travel to Jamaica for your wedding, so I had a LOT of people ask if we were going to live stream it. I wasn’t sure if that was an option offered through Sandals, so I created a private Facebook event with specific people who weren’t able to come to our wedding, and I asked one of my friends in the audience to connect to the resort’s Wifi and Facebook Live our wedding to that private Facebook event group. It ended up working out perfect, just let everyone who’s watching know the time difference! For example, my wedding was at noon, but everyone back home had to watch it at 11am).

My husband and I then went with the photographer for more photos in the garden area, while the wedding planner took everyone next door to the piano bar for our hour-long cocktail hour/reception. I was worried this wouldn’t be enough time, but it was a perfect amount of time I think. The reception was a LOT of fun! There was a bar inside the building, and they made our “signature drinks” that we chose prior to coming. (Everyone still talks about how good the “Appley Ever After” drink was!). On the patio outside the building, they had the mento band we requested (highly recommend the mento band!) along with a few taller tables and all the food we planned for. Since we had at least 20 people, we were able to choose the buffet option, and all the food was very good! In addition, the wedding planner apologized for the lobster not being at the rehearsal dinner like we requested, so she made up for it by having lobster at my wedding reception. When we returned from photos in the garden, we all went to the patio outside to start the reception and dance, drink, etc. They had a special table for my husband and I and already had special plates of food for the both of us.

During the cocktail hour is when we did the cake cutting, our first dance, and his dance with his mom. I am unsure if we did our first dance during the reception because we had a speaker due to the mento band or if all wedding couples have a speaker during the reception. For the cake cutting, one of the employees brought everyone around to see us cut the cake, and then they gave us champagne to do our toast. They took the cake to cut pieces for everyone and also boxed up our cake topper for us to take home with us (Note: We were trying to figure out how to take our cake topper home in our bags, but we discovered that since it is food, it doesn’t count as a carry-on or personal item. So we just brought it on the plane that way!). Everything about the reception was so much fun and so perfect!

After the reception, everyone went their separate ways for a few hours. We went back to the room and could not wait to get our wedding outfits off because it was hot! We chose to not do the day-of “wedding dinner” because it was New Year’s Eve, and there was A LOT going on at the resort that day. However, we did have our butler get us reservations at the Italian restaurant for just the two of us, so that was pretty special! We ended up meeting with everyone that night for the New Year’s Eve festivities, which was a huge party with about 1,000 bottles of champagne, music and dancing, fireworks, food buffet that opens at midnight, and they pass out party horns and New Year’s hats and beads. It was a lot of fun, and I highly recommend going on New Year’s!

Some other things to note about the resort/wedding:
    1. If you have older people in your group, this resort is definitely not for them! There are stairs EVERYWHERE and random steps that you don’t even see until you accidentally trip. Some parts of the resort you aren’t able to get to without stairs, so definitely consider that when booking.

2. We booked a private catamaran for everyone through a third-party called Jaital for about half the price that Sandals charged. It was a lot of fun, and they pick you up from the resort!

3. Something I think people don’t know before going is that the butler rooms are essentially on a whole different resort. You have to take a bus out on the streets in Jamaica to get between the beach side and the butler side at Sandals Ochi. In addition, once you get to the butler side, you have to either walk uphill about 2 blocks, call and wait for your butler, or wait for one of the other golf carts to take you. We ended up making the walk several times. As excited as I was about having a butler, I really wish we would’ve booked a room on the beach side, as it would’ve been WAY more convenient with access to everything, including the majority of restaurants.

4. If you choose a photography package, you will get the photos the day after your wedding. The reason for the quick turnaround is that they don’t actually edit the photos, but just use Adobe Lightroom on them. My photos didn’t need a whole lot of editing, but I wish the people in the back of my beach photos could’ve been edited out.

Anyways, that was my experience and my review! I am SO happy we chose a destination wedding over a local wedding. 1. It was WAY cheaper and 2. These are memories that will last a lifetime. Thanks, Sandals!

Sent on 02/09/2019
    Sandals Ochi 23

2.6
      1.5
      2.0

We celebrated our honeymoon at Sandals Grande Riviera. The resort was beautiful and the staff amazing. The management was the problem. They messed up our room, then downgraded us without a refund. They also we're related us as a hassle when we expressed our concern regarding an issue with a private dinner we scheduled. My advice is to choose another sandals location.

Sent on 06/26/2014