Receptions by Design TN Reviews

63 | Signal Mountain, TN

63 Reviews for Receptions by Design TN

Ann Eslinger · Getting married on 05/06/2022

Best Investment We Made and New Friends

Donna and her assistants, Erica and Victoria epitomized professionalism while at the same time embraced the special and challenging moments of wedding planning and the wedding day with a very personal touch and sincere joy. They attended to every detail of our 300 guest event held in two tents and a pavilion on our family farm during a stormy rainy week in June. They coordinated with each vendor and as the mother-of-the-bride, all appeared to happen flawlessly under weather-challenged circumstances. Many of our guests and members of the wedding party and family specifically complimented Donna. We interviewed three wedding planners and found Donna to be the most practical and down-to-earth. She related well to me, the middle aged mom and also to my sweet daughter, the bride. The flowers she prepared were even more beautiful than expected. This was a big wedding and a big investment for our family. Having Donna and her team at the helm was the best decision we made. We’ll treasure the memories we made at the wedding and the new friends we made in Donna and Erica

Sent on 06/29/2020

Receptions by Design TN's reply:

Ann, thank you for your kind words. You made this lady cry, of course in a good way. Your kindness, prayers, mean more to me than you know.

Tahia Ruff · Married on 09/13/2020

Beautiful Job

Dona was great! I was VERY pleased with the arrangements she put together. She is sweet and reasonably priced for what she is able to provide!

Sent on 09/26/2020

Receptions by Design TN's reply:

Thank you Tahia. It was a pleasure to provide your flowers and loved working with the beautiful shades of purples and tulips.

Abby Palmer · Married on 08/08/2020

Incredible

Donna will make sure your day is spectacular, no matter the circumstances! She is amazing at what she does.

Sent on 08/09/2020

Receptions by Design TN's reply:

Thank you, sweet Abby. It was our pleasure!
    Your parents and Griffin's parents were a joy to meet. I wish the best life has to offer.
  • Lauren

Lauren Oliphant Palmer · Married on 07/09/2020

8-8-20 Wedding

I cannot say enough about how wonderful Donna and her assistant, Arika, were from the rehearsal through the last moment of the wedding. They made pulling off a last minute venue change to a home/backyard wedding and reception a truly beautiful occasion for all. From the gorgeous flowers, to the beautiful table settings, to keeping everything on track (and helping me remember what I needed to do!), they were truly a blessing! It turned out to be everything the bride and groom had hoped for.

Sent on 09/07/2020

Receptions by Design TN's reply:

Lauren, Thank you so much. We loved handling the wedding and were honored to be a part of the beautiful day. Meeting all the family and friends is always a pleasure.

Hannah Harris · Married on 06/20/2020

The best wedding coordinator/florist

Mrs. Donna is the absolute best! She helped with all my wedding needs and made my wedding day such a smooth and wonderful experience. I would highly recommend her for any of your coordinating or floral needs!

Sent on 06/30/2020

Receptions by Design TN's reply:

You were a beautiful bride and it was my pleasure to be a part of a wonderful day. May your life be filled with happiness and laughter.
  • Brittany

Brittany · Married on 12/31/2019

is there a word for better than excellent because that is what receptions by design is!!!

Receptions by Design is amazing whether you use Donna as your day of coordinator or your florist. We used her for both and every single detail about or day was flawless. She made everything run smoothly which made us not have to worry about anything and just enjoy our wedding day. The flowers were absolutely beautiful - she took the idea i had and made it 10x better! I wouldnt go anywhere else!

Sent on 01/28/2020

Receptions by Design TN's reply:

When it comes to a bride that is as kind as you are, I only want it to be a day you will always remember. Thank you for your kind words.

Lyndy Harris · Married on 10/05/2019

10 out of 10!

Donna and her team exceeded my expectations on my wedding day. For this detail obsessed bride, she gave me the relief I was needing on my big day. She handled everything for me and made sure every event happened on time. With her services and her flowers, she made the venue more beautiful than I could have ever dreamed. Additionally, all my guests were commenting on how wonderful she was! Even my mother, who didn't believe I needed a coordinator, was extremely complimentary of her. Highly highly recommend!

Sent on 10/22/2019

Receptions by Design TN's reply:

It is always wonderful to hear such kind words. My goal always is to make sure everyone is having a good time, we are running on time and no stress.

Maci · Married on 09/21/2019

Hernandez Wedding

Donna did a spectacular job with providing our wedding florals and coordinating our Day! From ceremony to reception decor, and of course providing the most beautiful bridesmaids and bridal bouquets/lanterns, along with boutonnières for the groom and groomsmen, we could not have asked for more beautiful flower arrangements and exceptional customer service. When we originally met to discuss florals while planning our wedding, she listened closely to what we wanted and assembled arrangements that matched exactly what we envisioned. She made sure our day went as planned and had everything under control! No stress for this bride! Thank you! Our flowers and greenery turned out beautiful and just like I imagined. Simple and elegant. My bouquet was beautiful! I am so in love I am trying to preserve it to keep forever! Would highly recommend this florist and coordinator! She even had some killer dance moves the guest really enjoyed!

Sent on 09/27/2019

Receptions by Design TN's reply:

Thank you so very much Maci. I enjoyed your wedding from beginning to end and everything in between. Your family and friends were great to party with. I wish you and Fabian the very best that life has to offer. Donna

Sherre Lawson · Married on 08/30/2019

Amazing coordinator

Donna is simply amazing, she is so organized and her flowers were absolutely gorgeous she made for my wedding, her coordinationn was perfect and on point she made wedding go smoothly and everyone loved her ❤️ Thanks again Donna

Sent on 08/31/2020

Receptions by Design TN's reply:

Thank you, sweet lady. You and Mark have an amazing family and I wish the very best for each of you.

Molly Melton · Married on 07/27/2019

Florist and reception coordinator

Donna was the best! She is very easy to work with and makes your wedding vision truly come to life. The flowers were beautiful and exactly what I pictured. The reception decoration was exactly what I wanted and more. The coordination was excellent! Everything ran so smoothly and she helped make everything stress free and enjoyable! She is truly the best florist and reception coordinator!

Sent on 08/05/2019

Receptions by Design TN's reply:

Thank you Molly, Everyone was ready to celebrate with you and Chase on your wedding date, it was a wonderful time for all.
  • Beverly

Beverly Reid · Married on 07/20/2019

You need to hire Donna!

My daughter, Brittany (the bride) and I hired Donna as both our wedding coordinator and our florist.
    Wedding Coordinator: Our wedding went perfectly! Donna kept everything running smoothly, ensured that I, the mother of the bride could relax, and was kind, pleasant and helpful the entire day. Even our guests have RAVED about how smoothly things went, everything was on time, and many commented on Donna herself and how professional she was. Donna's professionalism and her desire for us to be happy was obvious. She was AMAZING! I would and do recommend her to every bride I can... you wont be disappointed.

FLORIST: Whow! I'm not even sure I can explain how beautiful our flowers were. I am a professional photographer and I photograph many, many weddings... therefore I see lots and lots of wedding flowers. Ours were amazing! They were fresh, beautiful and EXACTLY what we asked for. I could not have been happier. Many of my immediate family commented on how the roses were large, open the perfect amount, and just pretty. Even the boutineers were beautiful. Just top notch. Donna listens to you, she will help cut costs when possible, and she cares about you and your wedding. It is hard to find vendors who truly "care" and want your day to be just as special as you do. I'd hire her again tomorrow. She is worth EVERY PENNY!

Sent on 07/24/2019

Receptions by Design TN's reply:

Your words of kindness mean so very much. It does not go without saying working with Brittany and yourself was a highlight for me during the year of planning. Donna

Alison · Married on 06/08/2019

Absolutely amazing!!!!

So beyond helpful!!! So thankful I had these 2 women coordinate and do my flowers for our wedding. They both did an outstanding job!

Sent on 06/09/2019

Receptions by Design TN's reply:

Thank you for your kind words. I wish the very best for you and Justin. Enjoy life with many adventures.
  • Connie

Connie Hall · Married on 03/30/2019

Donna is amazing!!!

Donna did our flowers as well as being our coordinator. She excelled at both! Donna took care of everything and we could relax and enjoy our day. The table settings, the bridesmaids flowers and especially Lindsey's bridal bouquet was just incredible. Donna is just so personable and likable and fun and by the end of the evening I felt like we had been friends for years. I was confident she had everything under control at all times. If you are looking for someone to make your wedding day spectacular Donna is your answer!

Sent on 04/02/2019

Receptions by Design TN's reply:

Thank you for your kind words. It was a wonderful day, Lindsey is a sweet young lady and beautiful bride
  • Megan

Megan · Married on 02/16/2019

Best money spent

I don’t know where to begin. I only wish I realized the importance of a coordinator and hired Donna very first thing. This is probably my biggest regret. Donna helped me with any issue that came up while planning my daughter’s wedding. We probably would have picked a different venue if I had started out with Donna. The venue we used is beautiful but the owner was very difficult to deal with. That is where Donna stepped in and smoothed things over. She made sure we knew exactly what we needed to do and everyone we needed to hire. She kept in touch with me and always took my calls. If there was an issue she resolved it, then contacted me. She did so much more for us before the wedding. I don’t know how we would have pulled this off without her. The wedding weekend was fabulous. As the mother of the bride I never expected I would get to enjoy the wedding but with Donna handling everything I did. She also did all of our flowers and they were perfect. Exactly what my daughter wanted. Our wedding I know was hard because the bride and groom lived 6 hours away so I was who Donna dealt with. Yet she made the wedding everything my daughter, who actually met Donna at the rehearsal dinner, wanted. I have so many friends who I know did not get to enjoy their child’s wedding because they did not hire a coordinator. BIG MISTAKE ! Donna was crucial in making Meg’s wedding perfect and I swear to you it was perfect. Plus with her doing the flowers it was so fabulous. I would recommend Donna be the first person you get on your team when planning a wedding. Please know that Donna is very affordable! Plus she saved us money in so many ways. She basically paid for herself. But the quality of her flowers was top notch. And her professionalism is unbelievable. We have all been to weddings where a friend of the family “coordinates”. Coordinating is so much more than telling people when to walk down the aisle!!! A wedding is such an important event and you should enjoy it. Don’t make the mistake of thinking you or your friends can handle everything. Hire a coordinator. The cost is minimal. Plus when you hire Donna you can get her as a florist also!

Sent on 03/02/2019

Receptions by Design TN's reply:

Thank you for the wonderful kind words. I love what I do! Most of all I try to treat my bride and their families as if their related to me and I only want the best for everyone involved.

Emily · Married on 11/10/2018

The Mangels Wedding

Donna is amazing! She really listened to my ideas and put together a wedding that is truly unforgettable! Everything was very smooth and if there was a problem I did not know of it. Donna is very professional and very kind.
    Donna also made my bouquets and boutonnieres. They were absolutely beautiful!
    If you have a chance to work with Donna, I highly recommend it!

Sent on 11/12/2018

Receptions by Design TN's reply:

Your so welcome, it is always wonderful to work with such sweet ladies and wonderful friends and family. You planned a beautiful wedding and I brought your vision to life.
  • Ashley

Ashley · Married on 11/03/2018

Exceptional!

Donna was just perfect! I don't know how I would have done it if I didn't have her. She not only was my florist, but my coordinator and she answered all questions I had throughout my entire journey, put together my day coordination sheet, and set everything up for that day. She made my day absolutely stress free and easy. My family loved working with her and so did I. I highly recommend Donna! She was awesome!

Sent on 11/18/2018

Receptions by Design TN's reply:

Thank you so much for the sweet review. When I first met both of you I knew I wanted to be a part of such a special day. I thank you!

Brenna · Married on 10/20/2018

A joy to work with!

Donna was both the planner and florist for my daughter’s wedding and she was such a pleasure to work with! She thought of every detail and made the day of the wedding very relaxed and calm for us. She is incredibly oraganized, very experienced and detail oriented. The flowers were just gorgeous and I couldn’t have asked for better.

Sent on 10/24/2018

Receptions by Design TN's reply:

Thank you Kelly, it was a wonderful day and Brenna was a stunning a bride. Your family and friends were a joy to get to know.

Nicole · Married on 09/15/2018

I just can't say enough good things about Donna! She was everything I could have hoped for and more. She was the reason my day turned out so perfect and I didn't have to worry about a thing! Plus she did my flowers and they were absolutely gorgeous!!! Definetely a must for any future bride!

Sent on 05/07/2018

Receptions by Design TN's reply:

You are so welcome, it was my pleasure and enjoyed every moment. May 5, 2018 was a great day

makayla · Married on 09/15/2018

Donna is AMAZING at what she does and our wedding flowers were BEAUTIFUL!!!

Sent on 09/18/2018

Receptions by Design TN's reply:

Thank you Makayla, I look forward seeing more photos of your wedding day. I wish the best for you.

Caitlyn · Married on 09/15/2018

Donna was amazing! Everything you could ask for in a coordinator and a florist wrapped up in one! She was extremely detail oriented and always making sure everything went exactly as we wanted it. She was so much more than I could have ever expected, I would highly recommend her services every time! Thank you for everything!!!

Sent on 09/24/2018

Receptions by Design TN's reply:

Caitlyn, it was my pleasure. I wish only the best for your new journey of marriage.

Mackenzie · Married on 09/08/2018

Everything was perfect! The flowers was everything that I wanted, very beautiful!

Sent on 09/20/2018

Receptions by Design TN's reply:

Thank you and I enjoyed making them for you. Have a wonderful life.

Katie · Married on 07/21/2018

Donna was awesome! She had two assistance with her On the wedding day who were great as well. The flowers were beautiful, just what my daughter wanted! And the reception hall was decorated beautifully! So glad I used her services to decorate & coordinate the reception. Guests had a great time, which was due to her & her staff’s organization skills. Nothing was missed or overlooked! I have another daughter and we will use her for sure!

Sent on 07/23/2018

Receptions by Design TN's reply:

Thank you so very much. It’s wonderful to work with such a wonderful family.

Lezlie · Married on 07/01/2018

Donna was wonderful and we were so blessed to find her! She was more flexible than I could have asked for and traveled back and forth between church and venue! I highly recommend her services and look forward to using her services again!!!!

Sent on 06/26/2018

Receptions by Design TN's reply:

Thank you so very much Lezlie and I will say it was all my pleasure to meet you and Marisa. I will be glad to help with any floral and or coordination needs you may have in the future. The very best to your family.

Jessica · Married on 06/09/2018

Donna created a beautiful arrangement for the pergola at my wedding! I sent her some photos and told her a little about what my vision was and she brought it to life. Everyone commented on how beautiful the flowers were and how well done it was. Thank you so much!

Sent on 06/19/2018

Receptions by Design TN's reply:

Thank you Jessica. I wish you all the happiness that life can provide