Professional Makeup Artist Sylvia Rivera Reviews

16 | Houston, TX

16 Reviews for Professional Makeup Artist Sylvia Rivera

jennie · Married on 12/16/2012

Sylvia traveled to my home to get me ready for my commercial & do my hair & make-up. Let me tell you she is a shear genius when it comes to both!! I have tried other make-up artists in the past and was not happy with their work, so much so that I decided to do my make-up myself. Sylvia is very versatile and can do any look that you want. She has done so MANY celebrities & can certainly make you look like one yourself!! She takes her time with you and never rushes. I will continue to use her for all my future commercials & any special occasions. Better hurry to book her now for Christmas pictures or New Years Eve, her spots fill up fast!! Thank you Sylvia for doing what you do!!!

Sent on 12/17/2012

Andrea · Married on 07/21/2012

Sylvia is a very talented make up artist! She did my hair and make up for my wedding and made me look absolutely stunning! She was great at communicating with me about any questions I had regarding hair and make up. She also knew right away what type of make up to do on me, without me having to show her a picture. She was able to do the hairstyle I chose EXACTLY like the picture! The hair and make up stayed on until the end of the night, it was on for more than 12 hours and I did tear up and cry, but through all that it stayed! I am very grateful and impressed by her services and would recommend her to any bride who wants to look and feel gorgeous on their wedding day. She is truly amazing!!

Sent on 07/30/2012

Ashley · Married on 06/23/2012

Wow! I cannot stop looking at my wedding pictures! Sylvia took her time with me and made me feel relaxed and beautiful. She is truly a professional! Sylvia made me look the best I have ever looked in my life!!! My groom said I looked like a doll and all my guests could not stop complimenting me on my makeup and hair. This gave me the confidence I needed on my big day! After all the crying I did during the ceremony, my makeup did not move! I would definitely recommend this artist to anyone! I am going to start using Sylvia for makeup when I go out for any special occasion. Her work is perfection!! To all the brides: Do not skip out on hair and makeup! It is a must with Sylvia!

Sent on 07/01/2012

Martin · Married on 05/19/2012

Sylvia you are truly a wonderful makeup artist, you have been a inspiration to me. Watching you work magic on your clients and showing how to show ones inner beauty threw makeup is remarkable. I'm glad i had the opportunity to work with such a talented artist like yourself. You taught me so much and have given me the confidence i need to work in this industry. Thank you Sylvia <3

Sent on 05/23/2012

Madison · Married on 05/01/2012

I was a bridesmaid in my mothers beautiful wedding and thanks to Sylvia Rivera, we all looked absolutely fantastic. The techniques she used were great, she wasn't afraid to talk and even calmed the bride down a little which was a major plus. She was very professional, yet easy to get along with and easy to talk to. Definitely the best makeup artist I've seen yet. The makeup she used was also light and didn't feel like too much, but just enough to make us (and especially the bride) feel wonderful and confident walking down the aisle. She takes your requests and whatever you want and makes it ten times better than what you had in mind. Definitely going to find an excuse to have her work on me again. I've never felt so confident. Everything was perfect.

Sent on 05/17/2012

ammara · Married on 03/15/2012

Sylvia is very very professional. she did a great job on my cousins wedding makeup. she replied to every question of ours very patiently. she was on time each day. and she tries to work with her customer needs. I would 100% recommend her to every bride.

M · Married on 02/01/2012

WOW!!! No one has EVER described me as "STUNNING" before but that was just one of the many words that friends & family used when they saw me on my wedding day. Normally I would be modest but in this case, I'm gonna have to agree!!!
    I LOOKED TOTALLY AMAZING!!!!
    I wish I could take all the credit but the truth is that I got a little (ok, A LOT) of help from a makeup artist or as I like to call her, "my fairy godmother", Sylvia!!!!
    I don't normally wear a lot of makeup and I was afraid I was gonna look "fake". Sylvia calmed my nerves during my pre-trial (WELL WORTH THE MONEY, LADIES!!!!) by giving me a glimpse at what I could expect on my big day. (Hint: I didn't think of it til it was too late but I suggest planning a special evening with your fiance after the pretrial. No sense in letting all that "pretty" go to waste!)
    After the pretrial, I was so confident in Sylvia's work that I got my parents to cover the cost for her to do my entire wedding party. Brides spend so much time coordinating every little detail and then forget about the makeup. I wasn't about to risk having any of my wedding photos show someone wearing blue eyeshadow or heavy black, goth-looking eyeliner!
    Sylvia did an amazing job and everyone looked & felt gorgeous !!!

I did my homework and found that Sylva's rates are fairly competative. I was actually surprised bc she has sooo much more experience than anyone else out there.
    On-time... Professional...Outstanding work!!!!! You won't be disappointed!!

Sent on 05/17/2012

Linh · Married on 01/27/2012

Having been a model in her youth, Sylvia can make you feel and look like a model too! Absolutely stunning--Sylvia knows how to apply make-up to compliment your unique features and color tones perfectly!!! Friends and family members have raved about her, and I've been pampered by her on multiple occassions. You will be so delighted by her expertise.

M · Married on 11/11/2011

HAS MAKEUP. WILL TRAVEL!!!
    Sylvia Rivera does most of her work in Houston, TX but that didn't stop me from contacting her for my wedding in Lake Tahoe, CA!
    It was worth every dime (and more) spent in travel costs!
    My makeup was FLAWELESS all day and all night!!! (My falsie eyelashes even stayed on thru the following day! haha!)
    I'm not a heavy makeup wearer but what she did was exactly what I needed to stand out in photographs and yet still look natural.
    This woman is an AMAZING ARTIST!!!

You've spent the money on the best dress, gorgeous shoes & beautiful flowers. Do yourself a favor and complete the look with a PROFESSIONAL makeup application by a PROFESSIONAL makeup ARTIST!! Sylvia is THE best...hands down!!
    When you're looking back at your photos, you'll be SO happy that you did!!
    Thank you, thank you, thank you Sylvia!!!!!!!!!!!
    PS. Brides, If you want to see photos, I'd be more than happy to share mine!!!

Sent on 02/21/2012

Angela · Married on 02/13/2010

I have known Sylvia for about 2 years. I have watched her put make-up on many people and am amazed each time. Just to hear her talk to young women as she teaches them. Sylvia does amazing work! She not only goes in and just puts the make-up on, she helps women feel better about themselves. I would definitely recommend Sylvia... She is the BEST!

Rebecca · Married on 12/05/2009

Sylvia has a gift that not many in her industry can claim. With her skills, she is able to draw out the beauty in every woman who sits in her chair. A transformation takes place --- it's emotional, even spiritual. She applies make up in a way that highlights your features --- your eyes, your lips --- perfectly for photography. Trust me, people will look at you and look at you again, in amazement, because they've never seen you so beautiful! Thanks to Sylvia, on my wedding day, I felt like every bride should --- I felt like a princess!

Sent on 05/19/2012

Vicky · Married on 03/21/2009

Out of all the wedding details to consider, make-up was at the top of my list for what I was most apprehensive about. On a day-to-day basis, I wear light make-up. But, when I get "made-up" professionally (rewind to prom and Glamour Shots), I look awful - clownish. My face just can't take that much make-up, and a lot of beauticians fail to recognize that. I first heard about Sylvia from a friend who had gotten married the year before. My friend has the same problem with make-up that I do, and I distinctly remember being very impressed with her wedding make-up. My mom and I went to Sylvia for a trial session (it costs money, but well worth it to avoid any surprises on your big day), and we both loved the work she did. She took her time (we were there for 2.5+ hours), and we really valued her advice on make-up (products and how to apply), skin, and overall how to take care of our faces. She admitted to me that my face really cannot take that much make-up - refreshing to hear from a beautician! Her credentials include working with Destiny's Child and models - the pictures she has up on her wall are proof. I couldn't be happier with Sylvia's work - she did a great job on my mom and me and even offered a few tips to my bridesmaids as we were all getting ready together. I'm very happy with the make-up and even happier to have pictures to remember it by for a lifetime.

Sent on 08/03/2009

Lois · Married on 02/21/2009

Sylvia was exactly what we needed for tow different family weddings. I recommend her highly.

Sent on 05/14/2012

Amara · Married on 03/21/2008

Silvia is an amazing makeup artist! She is so much fun and extremely talented. She made my wedding prep fun and relaxing and of course made me beautiful! I love that she came to me and helped me dress and get all my jewelery on. She is the complete package and I know she does not disappoint! Love you Silvia <3

Sent on 05/09/2012
  • I

Virginia · Married on 06/23/2007

Can you "REALLY" make me look gorgeous on my wedding day?

This was the most important question I had for Sylvia when we met for my consultation. Of course I expected a huge yes and thats exactly what I got. In my mind I thought it was a generic answer to make all brides/clients feel special. After all isnt that the goal? Look, I had seen some of Sylvias work so I was certain she was a great makeup artist. My insecurities werent with her. My fears were within myself. I'm by no means a model nor do I have the features of a beauty queen. My self esteem wasnt allowing me to believe what this talented woman could possibly do for me. Would it just be another expense and a waste of my already tightly budgeted wedding money? I was torn. I just couldnt picture the transformation in my mind. Even if I had the most spectacular Bridal gown to wear. Happily this was all about to change. My fears were undoubtably about to be put at ease.

My trial run with Sylvia completely transformed my lack of confidece and flipped it around. This woman has a gift that goes beyond talented hands, attention to detail and a super keen eye for whats right for each indvidual. She is an amazing artist with heart and compassion. She FEELS what you need and gives her all to you. She took the time to talk and laugh with me before we ever got started. That alone got us onto a perfect track right off the bat. Once we got on a roll not once did she ever rush through the process of applying my makeup. Sylvia explained detail by detail what she was doing and the steps to take to obtain the look on my own. She shared little makeup tips and secrets wth me. I felt so special and so beautiul way before ever seeing my final results.

When we were all done and Sylvia turned me around, I looked in the mirror and I gasped. I was stunned at what I saw. It was ME!!!! I really did look beautiful. Her flawlwess artistry had me gracing the cover of my favorite beauty magazine... well at least I envisioned that if only for a fleeting moment. All this and it wasnt even my wedding day yet. I didnt have on the gown, shoes, jewelry or veil and I felt like royalty.

YES, I would recommend this professionals abilities to any housewife, mother, sister, relative, coworker, friend or even a celebrity. Incredible! Sylvia is FANTASTIC at what she does and is worth every dollar! DO NOT go without booking this talent for your special occassion. I give you my word you will not regret it.

I have used Sylvia for countless events since my wedding in 2007 and will be booking several appointments again when I fly to Texas this June for my vacation. Thank you Ms Rivera, you are a Makeup Angel sent from the heavens.

Genuinely,
    Mrs Betters

Sent on 05/24/2012

Ruben · Married on 05/25/2002

I have worked in media for over 25 years and I had the good fortune to meet Sylvia about 10 years ago when I was still in front of the camera. As a guy, you know we hate the makeup chair. But Sylvia- without me even realizing it began to address my needs and made some simple suggestions. She really drew me in and I came to realize that her media experience was much greater than mine and the powder makeup she blended for me gave me confidence and boosted my performance on TV. I fondly look back at those old tapes and I look fantastic! FOR WHATEVER TYPE OF EVENT- AND YOU WANT TO LOOK LIKE A MOVIE STAR- call Sylvia.

Sent on 05/23/2012