PLAIN WITH SPRINKLES EVENTS Reviews

PLAIN WITH SPRINKLES EVENTS 6
PLAIN WITH SPRINKLES EVENTS 7
  • Mary

Mary Gross · Married on 06/04/2019

You need plain with sprinkles

Erin and her team are beyond amazing. She helped make our wedding unique, fun and stress-free. I never thought we were the type of couple that needed a wedding planner but when we saw how many details we needed to figure out and with our wedding being 2 hours away in Asheville, Erin was the perfect partner. I'm proud to say that she has become a good friend throughout the process and we can't thank her enough for her patience, guidance and adorableness. If you think you don't need a wedding planner, do you. You need Erin.

Sent on 05/02/2019
    PLAIN WITH SPRINKLES EVENTS 8
    PLAIN WITH SPRINKLES EVENTS 9
  • Hannah

Hannah Sloan · Married on 02/09/2019

Highly Recommend

Erin and Sierra went above and beyond to ease our nerves every step of the way! We felt at ease by their honesty and professionalism and were impressed with their knowledge and attention to detail across the board with all our vendors. (Erin even knew exactly which type of fern we needed to fit the space!) When it came to our wedding day, we felt taken care of and it was even more perfect and beautiful than we thought it would be.

Sent on 03/17/2019

PLAIN WITH SPRINKLES EVENTS's reply:

HANNAH - We had such a great time with you and Stephen! You two are so cool and so special - It was so much fun planning and playing with y’all. XOXO
  • mdaveasey

Melissa · Married on 11/17/2018

Erin is da best.

I knew from my first email exchange with Erin that she was going to be our planner, no questions asked. Her excitement about our wedding was evident even in that exchange, and when we met at Bhramari to have our first consultation, afterwards, my husband looked at me and goes, "Yep, hire her." Even though she was only "month of" coordinating, Erin was always available by email or we could set up a time to talk on the phone if I had questions. And when we got into one month, Erin was all over it, handling coordination with vendors, schedules, signage, layout - all the things I DIDN'T want to be thinking about. And day of, when my type-A tendencies started to show, she was calm, professional, and helpful in chilling me out. ERIN, THE VEASEYS LOVE YOU!

Sent on 12/06/2018
  • Shayna

Shayna Sengewalt · Married on 11/17/2018

Wedding planner

WOW! What a pleasure Erin was to work with. She made me feel at ease and made all my ideas into a reality. She has great taste and tact when helping promote my good ideas and helping me filter out the bad ones. She did my decorations and they were on point! Our wedding was bohemian and fun. Exactly what I wanted, well organized, and affordable. She also rolled with it when we had to CANCEL and rebook our wedding due to a hurricane. Seriously this girl deserved an award. Thank you, Erin!

Sent on 12/10/2018
  • Hayley

Hayley Day · Married on 11/04/2018

Best Planner Ever!!

The first thing to say is,
    ERIN IS AMAZING!

If you are looking for a planner that will care about you and your hopes and dreams then you need to book her now!

I was so stressed and nervous about the our big day, and I couldn’t have asked for a better planner than Erin Lowndes! First of all, she is kind, thoughtful and helped me stay happy, stress free and
    focused on the most important thing, getting married!

She really has a beautiful way of getting to know what is important to you, very attentive to detail, fun and lively, and made the ceremony and reception run smooth and fun!

On our wedding day, we were so busy, she made plates for us and packed to go boxes for our hotel! Super thoughtful!!

She listened to all the ranting and raving and helped solve every problem without complaint....she even stayed later than anticipated and help clean everything too!

Thank you Erin! 💕❤️

Sent on 01/23/2019
  • Kelsey

Kelsey Hensley · Married on 11/03/2018

Plain with Sprinkles is the Bomb.com.

After meeting Erin from Plain With Sprinkles, I knew she was the wedding coordinator for me. Not only had she done dozens of weddings at my venue (Shoutout to Highland Brewing!), she is also so organized and knowledgeable about the wedding industry and all the local Asheville vendors. I'm a big planner myself, so when I met Erin I knew we would have a great working relationship. And I was right - Erin was a pleasure to work with leading up to the wedding and was a literal BOSS the day-of. Even though I hired Erin for just day-of coordination, she helped tremendously months leading up to the wedding. She also responded to all my texts and emails very promptly and always offered her support and opinion on vendor selection, timeline and decor. And then the day-of the wedding, Erin was a rockstar and her years of experience and professionalism truly shined through. She made our day perfect and even brought us drinks and apps while we were busy taking pictures (seriously, can you ask for more?) Her best advice to us was to take a moment away from our guests to reflect on each other and on the day itself. We were able to take it all in, away from everyone and bask in our most important day. Erin is a truly caring person who is there for you in every aspect of your wedding day. And if that doesn't convince you, many of our guests came up to us during and after the wedding to tell us how awesome Erin was. DUH, we know it! And lastly, let me tell you - if you think you don't need a day-of coordinator (or a wedding planner, in general) - you're wrong. Do yourself a favor, take most of the stress out of wedding planning and hire Erin. She's the most important vendor you'll hire. :)

Sent on 11/26/2018
  • Lily

Lily · Married on 10/28/2018

Great with nontraditional weddings and anxious mothers

Erin was indispensable in planning our wedding back in October. I was apprehensive about hiring a planner because our main goal for the wedding was that it felt "like us" and not like it was following a wedding formula. My husband and I are both pretty apathetic about weddings in general, and just knew we wanted a great party with no idea how to make that happen. Erin immediately picked up on the vibe we were going for and rolled with it. Aside from keeping us on top of all the practical stuff that we absolutely would have forgotten to do on our own, she was also able to talk my very anxious mother off a few ledges, which is a mighty feat. I really think that without Erin we would have just given up and eloped, but I'm so glad we didn't. Thank you, Erin!

Sent on 01/07/2019

Paige · Married on 10/27/2018

Nothing Plain about Erin

Erin is the most amazing planner, I am a type A control freak. I had my whole wedding set out within 4 months, I just needed the main vendors locked in. I hired Erin for my day of planner, I live in Kentucky so everything was planned online, every email I sent her she responding within a couple of hours, and she helped me finalize which vendor I wanted and gave me recommendations on who to hire. When the day got closer she took over everything despite me trying to continue to do it all (Type A), she calmed me down when I got a little too stressed and made sure everything was in order. The day of my wedding, she had all my vendors at a set time to come, my decor to set up (looks exactly how I wanted it) and my wedding party in check. She was a dream, and could not have done this without her. She organized the beak down and the pickup of my belongings after the wedding with my family and I didn't have to stress about a thing. It is funny to look back on and realize there was nothing to stress about in the first place with Erin being my planner. She is the easiest person to get along with, she tells you what to do without being bossy and calms you down without making you feel crazy! She is AMAZING!!!

Sent on 10/30/2018

Magen · Married on 09/22/2018

Erin was fantastic as a Day-Of-Coordinator! She was excellent at communications and helped me stay on task with the timeline. Once I handed everything over to her I could completely relax and let her handle the rest. She set up everything at the reception and the ceremony site. Coordinated with both the photographers and videographers and put together the center pieces and all the reception decor. Everything ran perfectly and afterwards Erin cleaned up the entire space so we could relax and just enjoy the bonfire. She made everything easy piezie plus her rental shop was very handy with items I would have had to buy otherwise. Saved me tons of time.

Sent on 10/11/2018
    PLAIN WITH SPRINKLES EVENTS 10
    PLAIN WITH SPRINKLES EVENTS 11
    PLAIN WITH SPRINKLES EVENTS 12
    PLAIN WITH SPRINKLES EVENTS 13

Amy · Married on 09/02/2018

Erin did a fantastic job as our wedding coordinator! We planned our Asheville destination wedding from Florida and we are so grateful to have had her on our team because she made the whole process run so smoothly. We technically hired her as our "month of" coordinator but she graciously provided us with tons of advice during the months leading up to that . She also provided us with an extremely thorough vendor list, wedding timeline, and budget calculator, all of which were super helpful in planning the wedding. Perhaps most importantly, she was always incredibly positive and has such a calming presence about her! She kept reminding us that this was "our" day, and not to worry about abiding by what we deemed to be the norm. She gave me confidence to make some decisions regarding decor that turned out beautifully. The whole day ran so smoothly and I really did not have to worry about a thing (which says a lot because I tend to be rather "Type A", super detail-oriented, and was hesitant to relinquish control over the execution of the details), so we were truly able to savor every special moment of our big day. Also, she offers a wide array of rental items through her company so we rented beautiful plate chargers, table numbers, and a polaroid camera from her. During our reception, she was out there on the dance floor taking polaroids of our guests and she put them in our polaroid guest book with the cutest captions for us. Another special memento from our day. THANK YOU, ERIN! YOU'RE THE BEST.

Sent on 09/30/2018

Joan · Married on 09/01/2018

I simply can’t say enough good things about Erin! My daughter’s wedding was in a beautiful but difficult location… a summer camp that had only hosted 2 weddings prior to hers. It was huge with different locations for the ceremony, dinner and reception. But it couldn’t have turned out nicer or more beautiful! Erin was on top of everything moving things around from location to location and coordinating everything! Her suggestions for vendors were awesome… it all went off better than anyone could imagine… thanks Erin for the wedding of her dreams!!

Sent on 09/17/2018
    PLAIN WITH SPRINKLES EVENTS 14

Robin · Married on 09/01/2018

Erin was a JOY to work with. I honestly still don't even know how so many things came together on our wedding weekend - she legit just HANDLED everything without me having to be involved. I was able to truly unplug and enjoy the day and she took care of every single detail, with a huge smile on her face. I was always excited to see her because she always looked like she was having so much fun which was our goal for all of our guests!!

Our wedding was not without it's hiccups throughout the planning process and Erin felt like my wedding therapist helping us through all sort of brainstorming and last minute changes. She reminded us often that our day could be whatever we wanted it to be and she truly helped us do our wedding in our way! We can't thank her enough for all of her hard work and partnership through the wedding planning process!!

Sent on 09/22/2018

Lindsey · Married on 08/11/2018

Oh my goodness, I honestly don't even know where to start the long list of wonderful things! From the very beginning, Erin was fabulous! Our first phone call and I knew we were going to be friends because she was awesome. She answered all my questions and concerns immediately and was on top of everything! I no longer had to worry about communicating with the vendors and the tiny details because she handled it all PERFECTLY! She asked me what my biggest stressors were and handled them all! My wedding went absolutely perfectly and we could not have done that without Erin and her wonderful assistant Sierra also! It was an absolutely magical night and we can not thank Erin enough for all of her help. I was a very calm bride the weeks leading up to the wedding because of her! Love love love! She was out there setting up chairs for the wedding and tearing pedals off roses for the aisle! She definitely went above and beyond for us and for that, we are grateful!

Sent on 09/02/2018

Laura · Married on 06/09/2018

Erin is the real deal. We chose her after reading through her website, and after one FaceTime we knew she was THE ONE. My husband and I chose Asheville for our wedding, never having visited there, and not knowing much about it. Erin went to work recommending vendors, contacting the vendors we liked (even if they weren’t the ones she recommended). We put our trust in her and were not disappointed in the least. We were BEYOND impressed with how much work she put in to our wedding. All the little details that I was stressing about came off beautifully. The day of, Erin was there from beginning to end and my husband and I didn’t have to do a thing. Erin continually reassured us that this was our day, and we should enjoy it, and leave the worrying to her. We honestly didn’t think it was possible to have such a smooth wedding day, but with Erin, it is possible! She is also a very sweet, kind, caring person on top of being amazing and passionate about her job. We also trusted her with our florals (we had a small, intimate wedding) and she knocked it out of the park. They were gorgeous and even better than what I envisioned. Every guest remarked to us what an awesome person she is, and what a great job she was doing. We are so appreciative of Erin and everything she did to make our wedding the wedding of our dreams!

Sent on 09/10/2018

Lindsay · Married on 05/12/2018

Erin is an incredibly creative, easy-going planner and all around delightful human. From day one, she worked to bring to life an event that was bright and joyful. Erin was incredible with helping us identify the most important elements of our day, and what we were most excited about, then putting that into action.

She really knew how to listen, advise, and identify action items to make it right. She got to know us quickly, and was able to give advice that was simple and heartfelt. My favorite was “Think of your wedding as a theme party, with you and (groom) as the theme.”

We planned long distance with Erin (we were based in NYC at the time for a Raleigh area wedding), and she was so amenable to FaceTime calls and regularly scheduled touchbases to make sure we felt comfortable with how things were going. The distance wasn’t a factor in the slightest.

On the day of, Erin never stopped moving. She was helping vendors, directing guests, checking on us, checking on my parents, coordinating with the band and venue, and so much more. We had one snafu with our exit music (sound guy mixed up the songs), and Erin worked with the band to have us enter our reception to the right song. It was amazing, and such a small detail, but she took something negative and made it into one of my favorite memories of the day.

All of this is just multiplied by how awesome and cool Erin is as a human. I genuinely enjoyed working and talking with her, and we can’t imagine the day without her hard work.

Sent on 10/11/2018
    PLAIN WITH SPRINKLES EVENTS 15
    PLAIN WITH SPRINKLES EVENTS 16
    PLAIN WITH SPRINKLES EVENTS 17
    PLAIN WITH SPRINKLES EVENTS 18
  • W

Whitney · Married on 04/28/2018

Erin was everything. I found her online and knew she was the person for me when she told me she didn't want a wedding either and she found ways to make it personal, and not just a wedding. I decided to plan everything myself and use Erin for day-of. Little did I know that meant, "I can call Erin anytime for anything." She was a huge resource and made the perfect day happen. She also rented out her decorations to me at a FRACTION of the cost from any other rental company. I wish I could do it all over again just to spend time with Erin, but I think my husband might not like that. Erin and I decided on just being friends :)

Sent on 05/21/2018
    PLAIN WITH SPRINKLES EVENTS 19
    PLAIN WITH SPRINKLES EVENTS 20
    PLAIN WITH SPRINKLES EVENTS 21

Sierra · Married on 04/26/2018

OH. MY. WORD. Do not miss your chance to have Erin be a part of your life! When we first started looking into wedding planners/coordinators, we were honestly just price-shopping. But it only took 1 phone call with Erin to know that she was the one for us! She invests in the marriage of her clients, not just the shiny-bits of the wedding day. To be honest, I didn't really appreciate how special that was until our wedding day. So many things went wrong on our wedding day, but Erin helped us stay focused on the prize (marrying each other, woohoo!) & ultimately helped us create beautiful, loving memories from a crazy stressful day! We are forever grateful to have had such a rockstar planner & now a rockstar friend!

--Sierra + Glenn

Sent on 08/10/2018
    PLAIN WITH SPRINKLES EVENTS 22

Lauren · Married on 04/21/2018

I vetted this position for a few months due to the size of my wedding and the rogue-ness of my family.
    It was important to me that everyone receive specific direction, but didn't feel rushed or offended.
    Erin surpassed my expectations with flying colors. I was creating my own decorations, and when I realized I was overwhelmed, I called Erin and expressed my feelings. She immediately stepped in and said she would create the decor. It was a massive load off my shoulders. On my wedding day, she ensured everyone was where they needed to be, and on time, including my mom, which was no easy feat. I almost felt like I had too much time on my hands, as I'm usually the "herder" in my family. She was respectful to my other vendors and met me the next day to ensure I had all my important items. I honestly cannot recommend someone enough. I understand I hired her to do a job and she successfully completed it, but I also made a friend out of this experience and that is invaluable.
    Step 1- Decide to hire a coordinator (You need it, I promise)
    Step 2- Hire Erin.
    Step 3- Actually enjoy your wedding day.

Sent on 04/26/2018

Amy · Married on 03/24/2018

Erin is FANTASTIC!! She was so calm and level headed during our wedding yet kept everything organized and wonderful. We chose her to help with day-of wedding coordination, yet she went above and beyond and was there for us at least a month in advance. She helped us with all the last minute details and communications so that we did not have to worry about anything on our wedding day. She was always so kind in reminding us that this was our day and we could choose to celebrate it however we liked! I would highly recommend Erin for all your wedding planning needs! She is wonderful!!

Sent on 10/12/2018
    PLAIN WITH SPRINKLES EVENTS 23
    PLAIN WITH SPRINKLES EVENTS 24

Dana · Married on 03/17/2018

When I say we had the best wedding, it would have never been possible without some amazing vendors, especially Erin Lowndes (Owner of Plain with Sprinkles) guiding us through the process and making our day flawless. I was the bride with a vision that didn't do a single taste testing, left my florals up to Erin, decided what I was doing with my hair the day of, and picked a DJ 3 weeks before the wedding! She handled all of those things with grace. The day of, she checked on Michael Bryant and I constantly making sure we had everything we needed all while setting up our venue and putting the finishing touches on our AMAZING floral. I actually cried when she showed me my bouquet! I have never seen a person be in two places at once but somehow she was. If anyone is ever looking for a wedding planner that has incredible taste, this is the girl for you! Thank you a thousand times over for giving us THE BEST DAY!

Sent on 07/23/2018

Stephen · Married on 02/17/2018

WOW. We felt like we made a number of savvy decisions in planning our wedding in Asheville, but choosing Erin was by far the best. She went above and beyond in every regard! We had some unique components to our wedding--it was sort of an immersive theater experience with a lot of twists to the traditional formula--and Erin was supportive, enthusiastic, and flexible in helping us achieve our dream day. If you're stressed about a coordinator trying to streamline you into something you're not really feeling, Erin is a perfect solution. She will support YOUR wedding.

She far exceeded our expectations in the amount of organization and work she put into our wedding in the months and weeks leading up to the big day, especially with regards to communicating with other vendors and taking some of the minutiae out of our hands. For the actual 24 hours from rehearsal to our final exit, she was so calming, in control, and appropriately assertive that she was included in tons of guests' compliments about the night (i.e. "You two looked great! The food was awesome! Oh my god, your coordinator was FANTASTIC!").

We're a couple of theater nerds, so Erin's background in stage management was comforting and much appreciated. We are also New Yorkers (read: she is great for people planning weddings remotely) who are prone to exacting tastes, so we don't leave rave reviews lightly. Erin is the real deal. You won't regret hiring her for your wedding.

Sent on 03/19/2018
    PLAIN WITH SPRINKLES EVENTS 25
    PLAIN WITH SPRINKLES EVENTS 26
    PLAIN WITH SPRINKLES EVENTS 27

PLAIN WITH SPRINKLES EVENTS's reply:

STEVE - You and Katie were straight up magical on the day. I loved working with you two and so happy to have been a part of it. (You two better move to NC soon!!)
  • Susan

Susan · Married on 11/04/2017

Erin is in the right business! Very organized, very detailed, very creative. We truly enjoyed working with her. Our daughter, fiancé, my husband and I met with Erin several months before the wedding at the venue and we went over every detail, it seemed, needed for our daughter's wedding. Erin took meticulous notes and answered our questions. On the day of the wedding, she arrived early in the morning and stayed until after 11 that night. She provided a Polaroid camera for a photo table (great idea and loved by all!) and several signs for the wedding. She put up most of the decorations with an assistant the night before and then took them all down after the wedding, so everything was ready for us to pick up the next morning. She truly knows how to organize a wedding and reception! Thank you, Erin! John and Susan (bride's parents)

Sent on 11/09/2017

Susan!!

You are the sweetest! I had an amazing time working with you and your family. The wedding day was so special and filled with love! If I could do it 100 more times the exact same way I would - Thank you so much for the review!

Kimberly · Married on 11/04/2017

Whoever said planning a wedding was easy was obviously lying and I'm so thankful to have hired Erin to help me out. Erin was truly my saving grace, my guardian angel, my backbone and my cheerleader throughout this whole wedding process! I could not have managed through half of what I did without her. From the very beginning, Erin centers herself entirely around YOUR vision of your special day. She constantly reminded me that she was 'Team Kim' and that if there was anything I needed, just let her know. Her services technically weren't supposed to kick in until 2 months out, but she was involved much earlier than that making sure that she knew exactly what I wanted and how I envisioned it. She helped me tremendously with planning my ceremony/hall decorations and figuring out seating charts and budgeting. Dave and I met with her at Biscuit Head in Asheville in the summer and we knew we had made the right decision. Erin was funny, full of positivity and words of advice and just an overall wonderful person! She was constantly emailing me to check up on my progress and to see if I needed anything. We rented some decor from her as well which turned out beautifully! We also had a polaroid station, provided by Erin, that went over tremendously!! Everyone loved them and wanted copies. From the day I booked her, to the day I said I do, Erin was always building my confidence and cheering me on. Before I walked down the aisle, I started getting really nervous and Erin gave me a pep talk to calm me down. She gave us constant reminders throughout the night to take a moment and let it all sink in and just recognize that we did this. Erin was much more than a coordinator these past months. She was my friend too. I will forever be thankful that I had her by my side along the way. Thanks again Erin, you're amazing!!

Sent on 11/12/2017
    PLAIN WITH SPRINKLES EVENTS 28

PLAIN WITH SPRINKLES EVENTS's reply:

KIM - I'm freaking emotional reading this. You two are so cool and so sweet together. Your day was SO fun! I can't thank you enough for your amazing, kind words and I'm so thankful to have been a part of your gorgeous day.

Also, we are STILL friends. There is no "was" - Can't wait for you to visit me soon!!

Kelsey · Married on 10/20/2017

Plain with Sprinkles is the Bomb.com.

Sent on 11/26/2018

PLAIN WITH SPRINKLES EVENTS's reply:

KELSEY - You and Keith were absolutely delightful to work with! Thank you so much for the review and the love!! You two took ALL of my advice and ran with it. You had an amazing group of people there to celebrate with you and truly looked like you had the BEST time.
    XOXO