Pastry Shells Reviews

49 Reviews for Pastry Shells

49 Pastry Shells Reviews

Mimi Johnson · Married on 10/07/2018

Wonderful!

Shelly was very nice and lovely to work with. She did our groom’s cake and wedding cakes, and both turned heads with flavor and looks. Amazing!

Pastry Shells 2

Jessica · Married on 09/22/2018

We would highly recommend Shelly at Pastry Shells! Everything was amazing and she was so professional and easy to work with!!! Thank you again Shelly!

Pastry Shells 3

Kristol · Married on 09/15/2018

Shelly was absolutely amazing. She arrived on time with our cake to our reception venue and followed up with us the week before for confirmation. And the cake tasted soooo good on top of looking good. Everyone loved and enjoyed it. I definitely recommend her!

Jennifer · Married on 08/04/2018

Shelly made our wedding cake and it was exactly what I hoped for! She was incredibly friendly and easy to work with. I would highly recommend Shelly and her delicious cakes!!!

Megan · Married on 07/14/2018

My wedding planner works with Shelly regularly and recommended that we have a tasting with Shelly before trying any other bakers. Needless to say, we only tasted her cakes and the search was over. Our cake was delicious and beautiful, and Shelly was just about the nicest person that I have ever worked with. Thank you so much, Shelly!

Sara · Married on 07/14/2018

We had such a nice experience with Shelly during our wedding planning leading up to the wedding day. From her being extremely easy to get in touch with to her in home taste test to the delicious cake we couldn’t have been happier with our decision to have Shelly make our wedding cake! Thanks Shelly!!

Albiena · Married on 06/03/2018

overall rating 10/10! Shelly you were so wonderful to me and so patient! Very understanding as well! Im glad I found you! I will be recommending you to everyone!! my cake was beautiful! if you guys are looking for someone that could work with you, and make your dream wedding cake come to life, Shelly is the to go person for that!

Lisa · Married on 05/27/2018

Shelly's cake was wonderful and the delivery seamless. So nice to not have to worry about that the day of the wedding. She even placed the live flowers on the cake for us.

Mekenzie · Married on 05/26/2018

Pastry Shells did an amazing job with both our wedding cake and our grooms cake. We wanted something very specific for the grooms cake and Shelly was able to make our vision into a reality. We came in with a picture of an Auburn stadium and Shelly explained it would be awesome but really not feed that many people (we had a guest count of 200+). She was able to make an Auburn themed grooms cake that was even more spectacular than the stadium. The best part...both of the cakes were absolutely delicious! Shelly responded quickly to all emails and answered every question we had. I would highly recommend Pastry Shells to anyone that is searching for a fabulous wedding cake!

Caroline · Married on 05/19/2018

Shelly is super professional and created not only a delicious and beautiful wedding cake, she also created an awesome grooms cake which she paid SO much attention to detail with. We would use her 1,000 times over!!!

Valentina · Married on 04/07/2018

We LOVED our wedding cake! Shelly was so great throughout the whole process. I had kind of a specific taste in mind, and she created something so delicious based off of what I had told her! I also changed the entire design of the cake that we had originally agreed on a few weeks before the wedding and she was wonderful about that. We liked Shelly so much we literally ONLY met with her, and no other cake vendors. At the wedding, the cake was simply gorgeous and everything I had envisioned! Of course it TASTED amazing too! Shelly was just awesome, and I definitely recommend her!!

Paige · Married on 03/31/2018

I’m so glad we chose Shelly for our special day! The wedding cake and groom’s cake was nothing short of amazing. The decoration and design of the cakes were so wonderful. I really loved the cake tasting and all the options to choose from. The cakes were full of flavor and so moist!! We love Pastry Shells!

Emily · Married on 02/17/2018

We were ready to commit to another baker before we met Shelly -- thank goodness! She didn't let us over buy on the number of guests our cake needed to serve, and she helped us save a ton of money in comparison to the other vendor. To top it off, the cake was beyond beautiful and tasted amazing -- our guests were raving about it! Our only regret is that we didn't order more cake so our guests could come back for seconds and try both of the flavors we went with. Highly recommend!

Pastry Shells 4

Tim · Married on 01/20/2018

Shelly was absolutely amazing to work with! What she created for our wedding day was better than we could have imagined. She also created some cookies for us for our hotel boxes to welcome our guests to our wedding weekend. We got tons of compliments all weekend about her work!

Pastry Shells 5
    Pastry Shells 6

Alyxandra · Married on 12/16/2017

Shelly is THE BEST! From start to finish I loved everything about her. She was very attentive and extremely helpful in my cake tasting session. When wedding day came everything was as promised! Not only was the cake beautiful but my husband and I actually didn't get to have an actual slice because my family ate it before we could get to it lol. I guess that's a good problem, right? Who knew a strawberry cake with coconut filling and cream cheese buttercream frosting would be such a hit! Thank you, thank you, thank you Shelly for everything, I can't wait to reorder! :)

Pastry Shells 7

Logan · Married on 11/18/2017

Shelly is awesome!!! Our wedding planner recommended her to us so we scheduled a tasting and new automatically we wanted to go with her!! She did our wedding cake and grooms cake and they were both gorgeous and so yummy!! All of our guests complimented on how amazing both cakes were!! And she is super sweet and willing to work with you (I changed the flavor and look of the cake like a month before and she was totally cool about it and accommodating)! Definitely go with Shelly, you won't regret it!!!

Sent on 12/19/2017

Pastry Shells's reply:

Logan, your wedding was so beautiful and I'm so happy I was able to be a part of it! Thank you so much for choosing Pastry Shells!

Natalie · Married on 11/11/2017

Shelly was so great to work with and her cakes are DELICIOUS! My husband and I had a hard time choosing flavors because everything we tried was so good. She did an amazing job on the design of the grooms cake as well. I would definitely recommend her!!

Helen · Married on 10/28/2017

Our wedding planner recommended Shelly to us and the whole wedding cake experience ended up being one of our favorites. We started off by picking 3 different combinations of cakes for our tasting. We went with the strategy of picking what we thought might be unique combinations with the idea that if those were good then the standard flavors would be good. We ended up loving everything we had at the tasting and decided to go with the fun flavors that we had randomly put together rather than the more traditional vanilla! We got a 5 layer cake with 2 different flavors but the option for more flavors was available to us. One was chocolate cake with caramel cream filling, the other was spice cake with lime cream filling - both with vanilla buttercream frosting. The spice cake was such an incredible cake combination.
    We got compliments at the wedding and from coworkers at work after we brought leftovers in. We went to Shelly with a pretty specific idea of what we wanted our cake to look like which was kind of an abstract/architectural looking cake. We were a little nervous because it was something we hadn't seen before in person and that Shelly hadn't done before. The finished product was insane!! It ended up being one of the most talked about things at our wedding and is one of the things I look back most fondly upon when I'm going through pictures of the wedding day. Shelly ended up being the perfect person for our unique request because she's a civil engineer. We could not have been happier with how it turned out!

Pastry Shells 8

Lauren · Married on 10/21/2017

Shelly was great to work with. She was helpful and patient with answering all of my questions. She was easy to get a hold of and was great at communicating with me and executing exactly what I wanted for my wedding cake. When we came for our tasting, Shelly presented her tasty samples artfully and it was just the foreshadow for the actual day of the wedding. Her cakes are delicious with a homemade taste so you know it wasn’t from a mass producing bakery. Pasty Shells is definitely a great cake to present for your wedding!

Pastry Shells 9
    Pastry Shells 10

Ashley · Married on 10/07/2017

Shelly was the BEST!!! I had tried so many cakes before finding her, and thought I would never find the perfect cake. I was looking for moist, flavorful cake with not too sweet icing while still being gorgeous. Surprisingly that is very hard to find! I was feeling like I'd never find anyone when my mom and I visited Shelly, and we were so happy at our tasting we booked her right there! We came to her home, which is SO cute, she made 3 mini cakes of the flavors we wanted to try, so it would mimic the actual wedding cake. It was set up perfectly, organized, and we felt comfortable with her. She was so sweet! She understood what we wanted the cakes (wedding & groom) to look like, helped me understand the tiers and sizes we would need, and went out of her way to communicate with me about finding the perfect cake stand. It was an easy, great experience working with her.

She is also very affordable. She wants you to have the cake of your dreams, for a price in your budget, super easy to communicate with, and just the nicest person ever. She knew what the cake meant to me (a lot because I used to bake too) and she made the cakes of our dreams! We had SO many compliments! People said they don't like wedding cake but loved ours! Her cakes are AMAZING. For the grooms cake, it was chocolate, oh my gosh..... moist, chocolaty, with the best dark chocolate flavor. For our 3 tier wedding cake we had triple lemon and almond cake with raspberry filling (vanilla buttercream on outside for both). Top layer was lemon cake with raspberry, and I cannot wait to eat it next year! The icing is perfect, not too sweet, with the creamiest delicious flavor and the cakes are moist, soft, perfect crumb, and have a wonderful, bright flavor.
    The icing was done in a simple, romantic way. She did a beautiful job and the flowers were placed beautifully. It was PERFECT. I can't thank her enough for giving us the cake of my dreams!!! I can't wait to order another cake from her!

Sent on 10/31/2017
    Pastry Shells 11
    Pastry Shells 12

Pastry Shells's reply:

Ashley, I'm so happy I was able to help make your wedding dreams come true! It truly means so much to me to hear all these kind words! Thank you so much for trusting Pastry Shells with your wedding cake!

Brea · Married on 09/16/2017

Pastry Shells was beyond everything I hoped for! The cakes were beautiful, and Shelly went above and beyond to make sure everything was completely set and perfect for our big day. There is no other baker we would have gone with. She is the BEST!

Sent on 09/26/2017
    Pastry Shells 13
    Pastry Shells 14

Pastry Shells's reply:

Thank you so much for such a great review AND with pictures! Loved being a party of your wedding and loved both of your cakes so much!

Ashley · Married on 09/02/2017

Our cake was everything & more! It was gorgeous & exactly what we wanted! Shelly is great to work with - very professional, responsive and beyond talented! We would recommend her to anyone!

I almost forgot...the cookies are amazing too!

Courtney · Married on 08/19/2017

Great cakes and really sweet lady to work with!

Sent on 09/26/2017

Pastry Shells's reply:

Thanks so much! It was such a joy being a part of your wedding!!

Cora · Married on 07/29/2017

We were referred to Pastry Shells by a friend and were very happy with our experience! All the flavors we tried at our tasting were delicious, she helped us figure out what size/amount of cake we needed for our guest list, the cake looked exactly how we wanted, the pricing fit our budget, and she delivered the cake and set it up onsite.