36 Reviews for Pastry Shells

Groom's Cake (4)
Fresh Fruit (3)
Cookies (2)
36 Pastry Shells Reviews

I’m so glad we chose Shelly for our special day! The wedding cake and groom’s cake was nothing short of amazing. The decoration and design of the cakes were so wonderful. I really loved the cake tasting and all the options to choose from. The cakes were full of flavor and so moist!! We love Pastry Shells!

Profile Picture Paige , 3/31/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Fresh Fruit, Cake Stands, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cakes, Groom's Cake

We were ready to commit to another baker before we met Shelly -- thank goodness! She didn't let us over buy on the number of guests our cake needed to serve, and she helped us save a ton of money in comparison to the other vendor. To top it off, the cake was beyond beautiful and tasted amazing -- our guests were raving about it! Our only regret is that we didn't order more cake so our guests could come back for seconds and try both of the flavors we went with. Highly recommend!

Profile Picture Emily, 2/17/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Shelly was absolutely amazing to work with! What she created for our wedding day was better than we could have imagined. She also created some cookies for us for our hotel boxes to welcome our guests to our wedding weekend. We got tons of compliments all weekend about her work!

Profile Picture Tim, 1/20/18, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cakes, Cookies, Cake Stands

Shelly is THE BEST! From start to finish I loved everything about her. She was very attentive and extremely helpful in my cake tasting session. When wedding day came everything was as promised! Not only was the cake beautiful but my husband and I actually didn't get to have an actual slice because my family ate it before we could get to it lol. I guess that's a good problem, right? Who knew a strawberry cake with coconut filling and cream cheese buttercream frosting would be such a hit! Thank you, thank you, thank you Shelly for everything, I can't wait to reorder! :)

Profile Picture Alyxandra, 12/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Shelly is awesome!!! Our wedding planner recommended her to us so we scheduled a tasting and new automatically we wanted to go with her!! She did our wedding cake and grooms cake and they were both gorgeous and so yummy!! All of our guests complimented on how amazing both cakes were!! And she is super sweet and willing to work with you (I changed the flavor and look of the cake like a month before and she was totally cool about it and accommodating)! Definitely go with Shelly, you won't regret it!!!

Profile Picture Logan, 11/18/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Shelly was so great to work with and her cakes are DELICIOUS! My husband and I had a hard time choosing flavors because everything we tried was so good. She did an amazing job on the design of the grooms cake as well. I would definitely recommend her!!

Profile Picture Natalie, 11/11/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Our wedding planner recommended Shelly to us and the whole wedding cake experience ended up being one of our favorites. We started off by picking 3 different combinations of cakes for our tasting. We went with the strategy of picking what we thought might be unique combinations with the idea that if those were good then the standard flavors would be good. We ended up loving everything we had at the tasting and decided to go with the fun flavors that we had randomly put together rather than the more traditional vanilla! We got a 5 layer cake with 2 different flavors but the option for more flavors was available to us. One was chocolate cake with caramel cream filling, the other was spice cake with lime cream filling - both with vanilla buttercream frosting. The spice cake was such an incredible cake combination.
We got compliments at the wedding and from coworkers at work after we brought leftovers in. We went to Shelly with a pretty specific idea of what we wanted our cake to look like which was kind of an abstract/architectural looking cake. We were a little nervous because it was something we hadn't seen before in person and that Shelly hadn't done before. The finished product was insane!! It ended up being one of the most talked about things at our wedding and is one of the things I look back most fondly upon when I'm going through pictures of the wedding day. Shelly ended up being the perfect person for our unique request because she's a civil engineer. We could not have been happier with how it turned out!

Profile Picture Helen, 10/28/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cake Stands, Cakes

Shelly was the BEST!!! I had tried so many cakes before finding her, and thought I would never find the perfect cake. I was looking for moist, flavorful cake with not too sweet icing while still being gorgeous. Surprisingly that is very hard to find! I was feeling like I'd never find anyone when my mom and I visited Shelly, and we were so happy at our tasting we booked her right there! We came to her home, which is SO cute, she made 3 mini cakes of the flavors we wanted to try, so it would mimic the actual wedding cake. It was set up perfectly, organized, and we felt comfortable with her. She was so sweet! She understood what we wanted the cakes (wedding & groom) to look like, helped me understand the tiers and sizes we would need, and went out of her way to communicate with me about finding the perfect cake stand. It was an easy, great experience working with her.

She is also very affordable. She wants you to have the cake of your dreams, for a price in your budget, super easy to communicate with, and just the nicest person ever. She knew what the cake meant to me (a lot because I used to bake too) and she made the cakes of our dreams! We had SO many compliments! People said they don't like wedding cake but loved ours! Her cakes are AMAZING. For the grooms cake, it was chocolate, oh my gosh..... moist, chocolaty, with the best dark chocolate flavor. For our 3 tier wedding cake we had triple lemon and almond cake with raspberry filling (vanilla buttercream on outside for both). Top layer was lemon cake with raspberry, and I cannot wait to eat it next year! The icing is perfect, not too sweet, with the creamiest delicious flavor and the cakes are moist, soft, perfect crumb, and have a wonderful, bright flavor.
The icing was done in a simple, romantic way. She did a beautiful job and the flowers were placed beautifully. It was PERFECT. I can't thank her enough for giving us the cake of my dreams!!! I can't wait to order another cake from her!

Photo for Pastry Shells Review - Wedding Cake (not professional photo)
Photo for Pastry Shells Review - Grooms cake (not professional photo)
Profile Picture Ashley, 10/7/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Private Tastings, Cakes, Groom's Cake

Pastry Shells was beyond everything I hoped for! The cakes were beautiful, and Shelly went above and beyond to make sure everything was completely set and perfect for our big day. There is no other baker we would have gone with. She is the BEST!

Profile Picture Brea, 9/16/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Our cake was everything & more! It was gorgeous & exactly what we wanted! Shelly is great to work with - very professional, responsive and beyond talented! We would recommend her to anyone!

I almost forgot...the cookies are amazing too!

Profile Picture Ashley, 9/2/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Great cakes and really sweet lady to work with!

Profile Picture Courtney, 8/19/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cake Stands, Cakes, Cookies, Custom Design, Delivery, Private Tastings

We were referred to Pastry Shells by a friend and were very happy with our experience! All the flavors we tried at our tasting were delicious, she helped us figure out what size/amount of cake we needed for our guest list, the cake looked exactly how we wanted, the pricing fit our budget, and she delivered the cake and set it up onsite.

Profile Picture Cora, 7/29/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Consultations, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cake Stands, Cakes, Fresh Fruit

Shelly created such a beautiful and delicious cake for our wedding! She was extremely professional and prepared, and made the entire process -from the initial tasting to the wedding day setup- so easy! Our cake looked exactly like I hoped it would, and all of our guests complimented us on how yummy it was. Even though the wedding is over, I follow her Instagram (@pastryshells) just to look at pretty cookies and cakes every day. I definitely recommend Pastry Shells for any special occasion.

Profile Picture Natalie, 5/13/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Shelly was so easy to work with! She was kind, very fast to respond (I waited until the last minute to decide on a cake whoops) and was flexible and creative with the design. It was exactly how I pictured it. The cake was delicious too - we picked two different flavors for our layers. I would use her again in a heartbeat!

Profile Picture User6454189, 1+ year ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

I LOVE SHELLY! From day 1 she was so incredibly easy and friendly to work with. I knew I wanted to work with her even before I tasted her delicious cakes! During and after the wedding we received so many compliments about how amazing the cakes were. They were very moist and perfect amount of sweetness! We couldn't have asked for anything more.
Thank you Shelly for being a part of my special day!

Profile Picture Lauren, 4/22/17, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Fresh Fruit, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings, Cake Stands, Cakes, Groom's Cake

We highly recommend Shelly (Pastry Shells) for any couples looking for the most unforgettable cakes for their weddings! We were so impressed at Shelly's tasting session (she gave us a variety of choices and we narrowed down to three combinations for the tasting). We decided to go with vanilla fresh cream frosting strawberry short cake (with fresh strawberries within the cake). The cake design was beautifully done. Our wedding guests kept on coming up to tell us that it was the best wedding cake they have ever had! We ended up eating our top tier since we couldn't resist the temptation :) Shelly's very flexible to work with. Her price is also very reasonable. We highly recommend her!

Profile Picture Wendy, 3/18/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Pastry Shells was truly a joy to work with! Not only was Shelly extremely professional, responsive, and flexible, but her cakes are absolutely delicious!! We received multiple compliments from our wedding guests on our beautiful cake. I planned our wedding from out of town in a different city, and Shelly was extremely helpful and accommodating. Not to mention, she is so much fun too! If you are looking for a baker for any special occasion, you can't go wrong with Pastry Shells!

Profile Picture Kellie, 3/18/17, 2 Reviews
Services Used: Cakes, Cake Stands, Consultations, Delivery, Private Tastings

Shelly was great to work with! I got a naked cake which was not only beautiful, buy absolutely delicious. I highly recommend Pastry Shells.

Profile Picture Julie, 2/11/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Shelly was such joy to work with! The sweet little 3 tiered cakes she made for the tasting were not just adorable but delicious! Our wedding and grooms cakes more than delivered in taste and design. We love that she allowed us to pick many different flavors by offering sheet cakes in addition to the 3 tier cake at a fair price. We were so happy to have her create the perfect groom's cake also, GO JACKETS!!

Profile Picture Courtney, 12/17/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Groom's Cake, Cake Stands, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

Shelly is amazing to work with. The design of the cake was just what I wanted and the taste was amazing!!! I totally recommend her to every bride and would use her again for other cakes/desserts!

Profile Picture Megan, 12/17/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake
Services Used: Cakes, Cake Stands, Consultations, Custom Design, Delivery, Setup, Private Tastings

Shelly was absolutely amazing to work with! She was on time and made my cake exactly like I wanted! Not to mention it not only looked amazing...it tasted even better! It was so moist and flavorful! She makes them the day of so they are fresh! After arriving to the venue and dealing with a wedding planner that wasn't the best to work with, she never complained once to me and still made my cake turn out perfect! I could not ask for a better service or better tasting cake! Will definitely be using her again in the future for more amazing cakes! :)

Profile Picture User7431789, 1+ year ago, 3 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Pastry Shells was an absolute dream to work with! Not only are all her cakes AMAZING, they are incredibly beautiful as well. Shelly created the cake of my dreams, taking my inspiration pictures and ideas and creating a cake even better than I could have imagined. I would highly recommend Pastry Shells and will be using her for any cakes I need in the future!

Profile Picture Lauren, 10/15/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Cake

Shelly provided me with the cutest most detailed tasting presentation based off of my color and flavor ideas. She built mini stacked cakes and included different flavors I thought sounded good and shades of her gold frosting for me to choose from. The tasting meeting was quick and easy. She visualized a perfect rough draft sketch and took it from there. Not only was the cake a work of art, it tasted delicious---And me and my new Husband don't really care for sweets. This cake was a hit! It looks great in pictures and and my guests are still talking about how good the dark chocolate peanut butter flavors were!!

Profile Picture Amanda, 10/15/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Cake

Shelly was unbelievable!! Since I was little I wanted my grandmother to bake my wedding cake for me; she recently fell ill and was unable to do so. When I told Shelly what I wanted and met her at the tasting she was more than accommodating. The cake tasted JUST like my grandmother's - I actually cried! She went above and beyond to make sure I had exactly what I wanted that day, even putting the flowers on the cake for me instead of letting the florist do it. Her prices are great and she has such a passion and talent. Definitely will be using her again the next time I need a cake! :)

Profile Picture Nikki, 8/6/16, 3 Reviews