Paradise Point Resort & Spa Reviews

32 | San Diego, CA

32 Reviews for Paradise Point Resort & Spa

• Joe

Stacey M. · Married on 02/15/2020

Paradise Point is a Beautiful Venue!

Paradise Point is a dream of a venue! It's a slice of paradise nestled within San Diego that makes you feel like you are miles away on an island at a paradise resort! It's so beautiful, and we chose to get married on the Island Point Lawn overlooking Mission Bay, with the cocktail hour on the Dockside Deck, and the reception in the Dockside Room. It's such a beautiful space, and the whole resort is beautiful and so green and spacious.
    There are 52 acres and 400+ guest rooms, so there is plenty of room for weddings of all sizes.
    The team at Paradise Point is so great to work with, and the food is something that all our guests continue to rave about - especially the Lobster Bisque! The staff is all very accommodating and they took great care of us and all our guests.
    We had the most perfect wedding day, and will gladly go back to Paradise Point to relive the best day!

Sent on 03/31/2020
  • Nikki

Nikki · Married on 09/20/2019

5-Stars for everything!

Paradise Point is by far the best place to host an event. Not only do they have the best accommodations (bungalow style rooms), and the most beautiful property, but their staff and venue’s provided are far better than any others we looked at! Everything was executed so professionally too. We love Paradise Point and can’t wait to stay again!!!

Sent on 10/08/2019
  • Tracie

Tracie H. · Married on 08/31/2019

Our best day

We have been looking forward to this day and we couldn’t done it without Paradise Point staff. It’s a beautiful and picturesque place to get married at. It was so convenient for us as well because our out of town families could stay on site. The staff was extremely attentive. They listened and prioritized all of my requests. I have made so many changes at the last minute but the Catering Services manager was very responsive and accommodating. We definitely wouldn’t want to get married anywhere else. The food at the weeding was something that our guest talked about the most. It wasn’t the normal wedding food. It was gourmet and top of the line.

Sent on 09/06/2019

Dolores · Married on 06/09/2018

If you are looking to have the best wedding you could have ever imagined, seriously look no further. My name is Dolores (Del) and my husband Justin and I planned our wedding (partially destination-his friends and family are from California) from PA to Cali.

Our ceremony was on Saturday, June 9, 2018. We had the sweetest, most caring catering sales manager, Erica Ryberg for our Wedding. She was beyond amazing with all of the details for our Wedding Day and it was PERFECT. I even needed some advice and she was there to also provide that too. I felt like I could email her/call her if i had a question with the timeline/seating charts etc and she sure had a great answer and really made me feel less stressed out. If i could talk to her boss I would tell them to promote Erica Ryberg. She was amazing with start to finish one every detail!

The ceremony itself was beautiful-on Island Point lawn and we had a wedding of about 80 people including my husband Justin and I. I really wish we could go back in time and do it all over again<3 Luckily we have great pictures and a great video to watch! We received lots of compliments about the wedding and guests were asking-"seriously how did you put this all together from across the country? Who is the catering sales manager here? The food is excellent." Our main dishes for guests to choose from were the sea bass, filet and chicken, and a vegetarian dish. Cute Cakes btw is where its at!! (if you want a good wedding cake we loved our tastings there:) )

The ceremony and reception @ Paradise Point Resort went very well and everything was just picture perfect. I couldn't have asked for a better wedding day at Paradise Point Resort, and miss our wedding day a lot.

Erica Ryberg-Thank you so much again for everything. You were perfect! And thank you for the champagne/card!

If you want a great wedding and the best catering sales manager request Erica Ryberg @ Paradise Point Resort!

Love,
    Del (Dolores) and Justin

Sent on 07/31/2018

Spring · Married on 07/29/2017

We recently had our wedding and reception at Paradise Point and everything turned out better than we ever expected. We arrived on Wednesday and stayed until Sunday - our wedding was on Saturday evening. Each day our resort coordinator, Silvana, sent us a handwritten note and a small gift. Anything we needed, they made possible. The staff was so kind and thoughtful. We couldn't have picked a better venue. The food was good, the staff was kind, and ours and our guests needs were consistently met. Our wedding was everything we could have hoped for!

Sent on 08/11/2017

Lisa · Married on 04/08/2017

From the initial contact over a year before our wedding, to the goodbye hug at the end of our wedding night, Ashley Abbott was absolutely perfect the entire way through. She was extremely responsive anytime we reached out to her, whether it was through call, text or email. She made sure that she kept us informed and up to date the entire time, which made us feel very comfortable and in good hands. Our wedding exceeded our expectations down to every single tiny detail. It was absolutely gorgeous and the most fun we’ve ever had. We genuinely never had to worry about a thing. We cannot say enough good things about Ashley. Ashley, we owe it all to you and we cannot thank you enough!

Sent on 05/30/2016

We had our wedding here last month and it was truly the fairytale wedding of our dreams. The location was a huge part of that, our family came from all over the country and was in heaven all weekend. We booked out a few beachside rooms so we could use the fire pits after the reception too and it was so incredible. Also the catering was 5 star, SO good. They always say the bride doesn't eat, but I definitely ate a full meal haha! Highly recommend this place for your wedding location!! -Cristi

Sent on 08/26/2015
  • Happy In Hawaii

Laurie · Married on 07/11/2015

We had both our ceremony and reception at Paradise Point and it was absolutely fabulous! We live in Hawaii but our family is on the mainland so we wanted to bring Hawaii to California and Paradise Point was the perfect place to do so. It is so tropical it really is a little oasis. So many people saw our pictures and thought we actually got married in Hawaii! The venue was perfect in every way for us. They were so accommodating to all of our wishes from making sure guests with dietary restrictions were happy to allowing us to have a sparkler exit. When we booked we worked with Nicole Curtis who then had a baby so we worked with Sherri while Nicole was on maternity leave. Nicole decided to be a stay-at-home mom so they hired on Stacey Chrisman. Usually when you hear of turnover it's a bad thing, but in this case it is totally understandable and all three ladies we worked with were amazing and not a single detail was missed through the transitions. Our first time meeting Stacey was the day before our wedding and she had everything perfectly under control. We're really happy she was running the show!

The food was AMAZING. The tasting made us sure we chose the right venue and even our photographer said it's a top favorite among vendors for food.

We got married at Pine Hill and it was beautiful, so secluded and tropical. I was worried about my dress train getting dirty from duck poop but before the ceremony they hosed down all the major walkways for us with plenty of time to dry. The pictures were breathtaking and we appreciated a golf cart to take us to some awesome spots. Everyone was so friendly too, we even got a free dessert the day before at lunch at the Barefoot Grill since we were getting married. They also upgraded our bridal/honeymoon suite from the garden bungalow to the beach bungalow for free!

We couldn't be happier with our decision to get married at Paradise Point!

Sent on 10/14/2015

We booked the elopement package at paradise point for our wedding in September of 2012. We worked with Julie Arroyo as our planner/coordinator. She was very flexible and helped us take their package and customize it to fit our needs. Everything turned out exactly as promised and we could not have been happier with our final product. We would recommend hosting your wedding at Paradise Point to anyone looking to have a small beach wedding with a professional, organized, and very helpful team.

Sent on 09/24/2012
  • Mandy

Mandy · Married on 08/10/2012

Julie Arroyo was our on site wedding coordinator and she was AMAZING! She worked with me tirelessly for a year and a half to make our wedding day absolutely perfect. Paradise Point is an absolutely perfect place to get married, the setting is stunning and the resort provides impeccable service. I would highly recommend this venue for anyone's wedding!

Sent on 08/27/2012

Lindsay · Married on 07/21/2012

Paradise Point Resort was the first venue I looked at when visiting different venues for my July 21st 2012 wedding of 120 guests. After visiting Paradise Point, I compared every other venue to it, and it could not be beat!

We knew we wanted an outdoor wedding near/on the beach. We loved the tropical flair that Paradise Point had to offer. It gave the feel of a Hawaiian destination wedding without the travel. It was not the cheapest venue around, but other cheaper Hawaiian themed hotels in the area did not portray the "class and elegance" I wanted. Serving chicken/fish and open bar with wine/beer and including resort service fees and taxes will cost you about $180 person. Their wedding package does include your cake, linens,premium open bar at cocktail hour and night of wedding suite for the bride/groom. You will need to rent a separate suite for the bridal party to get ready in on the day, that is not included. There is no other resort like Paradise Point in San Diego, Orange County or LA, trust me, I've looked!

Julie Arroyo, the catering manager, was amazing! She was a true professional, incredibly sweet, personable, accommodating and was quick to respond to emails and phone calls. She is honest and keeps to her word and there were no "surprise" fees or charges that showed up at the end of our wedding. She went above and beyond to make sure my day was flawless. I felt like she was a good friend of hers and I was the only bride planning my wedding there when dealing with her. She never once mixed me up with another bride or wedding and made us feel confident we would be taken care of.

The food at the wedding was perfection! It was just as good at the wedding as it was at our tasting. We received so many compliments from guests how good it was. Not your typical wedding food! Our cake was delicious and gorgeous and we were so happy with Flour Power bakery (you get to choose from 2 bakeries)!

We got married at the Pine Hill ceremony site, which was an intimate tropical garden location. Our cocktail hour was on the decks outside the Sunset ballroom and the reception was held in the Sunset ballroom that overlooked Mission Bay. The resort itself has a few customer service issues, but nothing major. I would highly reccommend Paradise Point for your wedding! They have multiple cermony locations and reception ballrooms to choose from and can accommodate small 10 person weddings to as many as 500 people I think.

Our guests really enjoyed staying at the resort and using the amenities the resort offers and told me that even being local San Diego and LA residents, they felt like they were "somewhere else" during the wedding and their stay. I can't wait to get our pictures back because there are so many gorgeous backgrounds on the property from sand beaches, ponds, gazebo,tropical greenery, boat docks, bridge,...

Sent on 08/03/2012
  • kmludwick

Kristin · Married on 03/31/2012

I highly recommend having a wedding here! Especially if you have a lot of friends and family coming from out of town. We were able to block rooms at a discounted rate and the whole resort was so accommodating!

Julie Arroyo from the catering department helped us with booking the ceremony site, which was the Island Point Lawn. She made everything so easy and every time I had a question or request, she was so responsive, helpful and reassuring. She kept saying..."I'll take care of that" which gave me so much piece of mind. She offered such great advice and leadership which is what I needed. She made the whole experience SOOO easy and she is so sweet on top of it!

Our reception/dinner was at Baleen and Chris Kindig was also wonderful. So helpful, reassuring and sooo nice. He accommodated our every need and worked with us to make a nice dinner for our 80 guests that fit within our budget. The food was delicious, our guests kept telling us how much they loved the food and I personally loved that all of the food came out pretty much at once! Chris, his wait staff and the bartenders were all so professional and helpful. I highly recommend having your wedding here! I wouldn't change a thing!

Sent on 05/02/2012

Bonnie · Married on 09/24/2011

Paradise Point did a fantastic job with our ceremony and reception! We had our ceremony on the Island Point Lawn, and it was everything I wanted it to be- outside and near the beach. The reception was in the Dockside Room and everything was great. The food was exactly as we had at our tasting and the staff was great. Karen Cipolla was our catering manager and she did a great job! She was extremely easy to work with and dealt with my husband's family's last minute (two days before the wedding!) additions. The only small complaint I have is that my husband and I went to the bar to get a drink and our bartender wasn't there! Our wedding coordinator had to get behind the bar to make us drinks. Other than that, our wedding was perfect. Thank you Karen and Paradise Point for a fabulous wedding!

Sent on 11/03/2011

Danielle · Married on 09/18/2011

Gosh, everything was above and beyond my expectations! They communicated with us and where on top of things I was forgetting...because I was overwhelmed with planning details. They just made us feel like they had it all under control. The wedding turned out beautiful, along with our beach photos!! The property is truly gorguos. I suggest you plan on staying a while! Oh and the restaurant was great!!

Sent on 10/09/2013
  • Catherine

Catherine · Married on 09/03/2011

Made my day as magical and romantic as possible... No complaints whatsoever!

Sent on 09/27/2011

Marcina · Married on 08/05/2011

We cannot say enough good things about Paradise Point resort. Our wedding was perfect! Due to the wonderful Julie Arroyo! The minute we met Julie and saw the gorgeous property we knew this was the place we wanted to get married! We had a small wedding, but never once did I feel like that made a difference to them. We choose a wedding package that put other resorts and wedding venues to shame. What I loved most was that even though we went with a wedding package, we really were in control of what we wanted! And Julie was there for every question or concern. Her energy and passion for what she does makes all the difference. Our guests haven’t stopped talking about how delicious the food was or how amazing the venue was. Our banquet staff was top notch and our banquet captain, Hector – by far the best! I’m telling all my friends to get married there – just so we can go back!

Sent on 08/11/2011

Terry · Married on 10/09/2010

My husband and I where married on the Island Point Lawn (across from the Barefoot Bar) in October. Our reception was held in the Dockside Ballroom. I have nothing but good things to say about Paradise Point. For couples who want a beachy-vibe, but not tacky...this is the place for you. There are SO many different places to take photos, the staff is extremely courteous, and you get a lot for the price you pay.

Paige Graham was our catering manager and she did an amazing job. She was actually promoted into the position about 1 month prior to our wedding so there where a lot of loose ends to be tied up. She was very prompt in revising our contract over and over and over and over until it was flawless.

The day of the wedding was flawless. The food was amazing, the drinks where flowing. Also, we had a surprise of fireworks in Mission Bay! It was so amazing! To this day I still don't know how that happened, but I am assuming it was Sea World's Fireworks Show. But the location is just spectacular!

I highly recommend Paradise Point to anyone looking at San Diego wedding venues.

Sent on 11/02/2010
  • caligrl61210

Jamie · Married on 06/12/2010

The staff was absolutely amazing and went above and beyond their duties. They made sure that we were taken care of the day and that everything was flawless.

Sent on 06/19/2010

Samantha · Married on 10/11/2013

Paradise Point was amazing in so many ways! We chose to have our wedding here because we wanted our East coast family and friends to truly feel like they were in a tropical resort location and Paradise Point did not disappoint. We had our ceremony at the Pine Hill location which was perfect and intimate and provided such a great lush tropical feel. Following the ceremony, we utilized the newly renovated Sunset Patio location for cocktail hour with lounge furniture and the Sunset Ballroom for the reception. We received so many compliments on the venue from the lush gardens and bay view sunsets to the awesome food and drinks! Our coordinator Julie Arroyo was truly a doll to work with - very responsive and able to meet all of our crazy ideas with ease. The bridal suite too for getting ready with my girls was such a treat - I highly recommend this venue to anyone looking to make their guests feel amazing all day long at your wedding! Also - highly recommend October month if you are not from San Diego - the weather was PERFECT blue skies and the sunsets cannot be beat! Thank you Paradise Point!

Sent on 10/20/2013
  • Ashton

Ashton · Married on 11/22/2014

You can't beat the stunning location and the amenities offered here especially if the majority of your guests are from out of town. All the wedding activities were planned at the resort, so our guests didn't even have to leave the resort all weekend if they didn't want to or didn't have a car to get around.

The service was top notch in the catering/events department. Nicole Curtis, the catering manager assigned to our wedding is absolutely AMAZING. She was there every step of the way from our initial site visit and contract negotiations to the wedding day and all the correspondence/questions in between. The menu the day of received rave reviews from our wedding guests... the lobster bisque is OUTSTANDING and a must try!

The resort was very accommodating with special requests (eg: earlier setup times, food allergies, linen/decor setup requests). Coming from the events industry myself, I really noticed the small details the resort assisted with that went above and beyond for us.

We couldn't have asked for a better wedding weekend. The customer service was phenomenal for us and all of our guests. The day of the wedding went extremely smoothly and was seamlessly orchestrated.

Sent on 12/27/2014
  • ruby

Ruby · Married on 09/03/2011

My husband and I went to Paradise Point for our honeymoon and we loved it. We had a great room with the bay at our backyard. I didn't wanna leave :(

Sent on 09/21/2011

Mimiy · Married on 10/31/2015

3.0

amy mihok was my catering manager, and she went above and beyond to make my destination wedding weekend an unbelievable one! all the staff that work there, are extremely and genuinely friendly and helpful. the venue, is truly unique and all our guests raved about how gorgeous the venue was. the rooms are not cheap, and having a wedding there is not cheap, but it definitey is amazing!

Sent on 11/08/2015

Julie Arroyo,catering/wedding sales manager has done such an amazing job. She is very details and well organized.
    Overall wedding serive is great. The food/service/room price is in a high range side but mostly worth every penny. As a bride, I got to hear some complaints about the food server during the reception that he spilled nice champagne to the bread and wine glasses (9 out of 10 champagne glasses).Also some guests complainted that their beef meals were not tender probably overcooked. It would be nice if they solve these problems so the next client will have a perfect experience with Paradise Point. Overall is fantastic, all of our family and friends were very happy and enjoyed spending time at Paradise point. Lots of compliments we have got! We were happy to hear great feed back from them in overall since most of our guests were from all over the world so we want them to have unforgetable memories.I will definitely recommend Paradise Point to my family and friends.

Sent on 10/30/2013

Sara · Married on 10/01/2011

We had our ceremony at Island Point lawn, and it was such a beautiful venue!!! Karen was great to work with- totally professional and willing to work with our requests. The best part was that there were so many gorgeous places on the Island to take portraits!

Sent on 10/18/2011
  • F

Amy · Married on 09/29/2015

3.5

Beautiful venue for our ceremony and reception! Professional service, and very flexible. After having booked and signed contract, it was no problem to move our start time.

Sent on 02/22/2015