Pacific Grove Museum Of Natural History Reviews

Rating 4.9 out of 5, 6 Reviews
View more information

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Keith M. Married on 06/05/2020

Rain forced a last minute change to our wedding ceremony

Imagine this, historically there was only a 7% chance of rain on the date we picked for our wedding. 48 hours before our event we were told there was a 70% chance... Thats when we scrambled to find an alternative location. Enter Julia from the Pacific Grove Museum of Natural History. At the 11th hour, not only was she able to provide a fun and unique location but she was incredibly accommodating and saved us money! The museum proved to be an interesting place for our guests to take time before the ceremony to view the exhibits. The room we held the ceremony in had high ceilings which opened to second story wrap around balcony (perfect for my bride to use for her entry down the grand staircase). The room easily accommodated the 65 chairs we needed for our guests. Most fun was the 8' Bear which became the backdrop for our ceremony. Admittedly our Pastor Don was a little intimidated by the massive claws just above his head. Julia and her team were great hosts. Our photographer had so many angles and interesting backdrops for his photos. We even took advantage of the gardens at the museum for some photos under our umbrella... It was raining after all!
    Ana Married on 05/09/2020

My dream wedding

I had my dream wedding a couple of weeks ago at this museum. Not only is it a unique space that my guests loved, but the museum is flexible and will ensure you have the perfect evening with your closest friends and family. When we knew it was going to rain, even though we had planned to do the ceremony outside, our event coordinator Julia helped us re-organize the layout. I am happy to answer any questions for brides looking at the museum but overall my experience was wonderful and I wish I could re-live it all over again!

Hi Ana,

It was so great working with you two! It was an honor to be part of the process, and I am glad I could help in making your dream wedding come true - rain or shine! Come back and see us soon!
  • Kara
    Kara M. Married on 09/28/2019

simply wonderful

After looking and looking for a venue that wouldn't break the bank, we stumbled across the museum. Since both my husband and I grew up visiting the museum often, we thought it would be perfect. At a stunningly inexpensive price, we got the whole museum and garden for 5 hours, plus setup and break down. Julia, the event coordinator, is amazing. So nice and helpful, she truly helped us have the perfect wedding. The displays are a great addition to the vibe and they meant we didn't have to decorate inside really at all. We had our ceremony in the back garden (it was bit windy and cool, but sunny) and we had lights and decorations. All in all it was as perfect as we could have wanted it. I would highly recommend the museum for your special event.

Pacific Grove Museum Of Natural History's reply:

Thanks so much, Kara! It was a beautiful wedding, and we are so grateful you chose us as your venue! Congratulations to you both
  • F
    Flavia D. Married on 06/01/2019

Affordable, cozy & magical venue

We loved everything about this place. Julia, the Museum's event organizer was such a pleasure to work with, always available, flexible and & cheerful. The garden looked so pretty at night with all the lights on, and although the space was tight for almost 50 people, it was just perfect, because it brought everyone together and made it a very intimate event.
    The Museum had many things that came in handy: tables, decorated jars, trays, glasses, outdoor heaters etc.
    I would recommend this place to anyone, it was absolutely beautiful and everyone congratulated us on the choice for days. Thanks PG Museum of Natural History!

Pacific Grove Museum Of Natural History's reply:

Oh my goodness, I am in love with these photos! Thank you so much for the kind review and for allowing myself and the museum to play a part in such a special day. You did an amazing job adorning our space; it was magical to see! Congrats to you both, and I hope you have time to travel back up north to see us again soon :)

All the best, Julia
    Ashley S. Married on 04/20/2019

A local favorite!

Growing up in Monterey county we all visited the Pacific Grove Natural History Museum and sat on Sandy the Whale. Encourage your guests to feel like a kid again, exploring new and familiar exhibits, dancing under the moonlight. The Museum has great staff who are helpful and accommodating, Julia the event coordinator really stood out and shines so bright!

Hi Ashley,

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review! It was a pleasure working with you and your family, and getting to watch your ceremony was truly beautiful. I'm glad the museum could be a part of your special day, and has made such a lasting impact on you since childhood! Wishing you all the best in your new chapter of life.

-Julia B.
    Nicole Married on 04/21/2018
    We had our rehearsal dinner at the PG Museum of Natural History, and it was perfect! The atmosphere is so cool - very minimal decorations needed because many exhibits are permanent and remain in place for guests to browse. Beautiful market lights are already in the space. We rented mostly standing cocktail tables with some sit down tables and had a "roaming" dinner. Sit down tables and chairs supplied by museum with a membership. We rented the kitchen for easy access for the caterer. Museum has very reasonable pricing for rental of glassware and water dispensers. Overall it worked wonderfully.

Maya was very responsive and accommodating throughout the planning process and had really good ideas for the details of the night (music, speeches, etc.). She met with our caterer in person beforehand which I really appreciated (and they did too). Maya and the museum staff do make it very clear that they are completely "hands off" in regards to any set up or breakdown. My volunteer family and friends were on their own to set up an empty museum space (I was squeezing in our rehearsal ceremony at the ceremony site). So, get a good team of helpers and map out a detailed plan for them! Clean up of kitchen is done by museum staff for a reasonable fee, which was helpful since we were swooped off to an impromptu after party.

I really LOVED this space and our guests keep raving about the event! It was almost a wedding before a wedding :) Highly recommended for a memorable event. (I will add photos soon- so beautiful!)

Pacific Grove Museum Of Natural History's reply:

Thank you for the lovely review, Nicole. It was our pleasure to host your rehearsal dinner at the museum, and we are thrilled that it was all you imagined and more. I absolutely loved your pink tablecloths, and the strolling supper layout! We wish you all the best in your marriage, and hope to see you the next time you are in our area.
    Best, Maya