Ohana Events Reviews

31 Reviews for Ohana Events

• Tori

Tori Couts · Getting married on 10/01/2020

Above and Beyond!

We are so lucky to have worked with Danielle at Ohana Events! We reached out to Danielle about our destination wedding about 10 months before our wedding date. We knew that we were going to need a lot of help planning a wedding without ever seeing the destination (Playa Del Carmen, Mexico) and planning the biggest and best days of our lives! Danielle stepped up to make sure that every detail we could think of and beyond was perfected for our wedding day! She was there to make the whole process go smoothly from planning vendors to the day of and so on. We are so impressed with how organized and knowledgeable she was with planning a wedding so far away but she helped us tremendously! Danielle was able to keep us on track with hiring vendors, finishing timelines for events and meeting budget. She is amazing at what she does and we couldn’t have done it without her! Five stars!

Sent on 02/17/2020
  • Susan

susan nicolay · Married on 02/29/2020

Day of Coordinator

Wow! I don't know where to begin with Danielle from Ohana Events. We were planning our wedding in Chicago from out of town and Danielle was so helpful there were little to no stress! She is incredibly organized, kind, responsive, and knowledgeable about the everything wedding! My friends were all so impressive with how organized and well thought everything was (especially her detailed timeline). She put my mind at ease on my wedding day, I was able to enjoy the day with my family and bridesmaids without worrying about a thing. It was perfect! She was very attentive to us during the whole process and during the wedding. She made our dream wedding come true! I would 100% recommend Danielle to a friend.

Sent on 03/04/2020
  • Timothy

Timothy Black · Married on 02/22/2020

Worth Every Penny AND SOME.

Easily the best money we spent on our entire wedding. If anything went wrong at our wedding (which was a month ago) we still don't know about it because Rachel HANDLED.HER.BUSINESS. She's an absolute boss. We hired Ohana as a "day-of" coordinator about a month before our wedding because we were starting to feel overwhelmed by the stress and the details. Within a day of booking, Rachel came to our apartment and sat down with us for several hours to get to know us and learn about our vision. From there, she was armed with all of the information she needed to take over all of the worrying. She was amazing. I HIGHLY recommend Ohana. I want Rachel to plan every day of my life. She's amazing.

Sent on 03/18/2020
  • Dene

Dene · Married on 11/22/2019

A True Wedding Love Story

This may sound strange but I remember our first conversation like it was yesterday. It was an immediate connection and unfortunately, I had been with other “frogs” to know this was the real deal! Our first conversation just flowed so seamlessly, it was an instant connection. Everything I had been looking for I had finally found! Often when I tell this story people thinking I’m talking about my new husband but I’m actually talking about our wedding planner Rachel!

She was everything we could’ve hoped for and more. After planning my wedding with another planner for a few months I started realizing I was stressed, doing way too much, coordinating with all the vendors, reviewing all the contracts, etc. I knew it was time for me to part ways. Unfortunately, that was only two months before my wedding and I was nervous I wouldn’t be able to find anyone. Rachel and Danielle are an absolute joy! Though I specifically worked with Rachel, I had the pleasure of meeting Danielle on my wedding day. Even though, it was Danielle’s fiance’s birthday she came to help support our wedding! That’s the level of service you’ll get through Ohana!

As Jay-z once rapped “Now, back to my Beyonce…”, which in this case is Rachel! I mentally coined Rachel as the Beyonce of wedding planning! She’s a star! She works hard! She gives great recommendations! She’s always present and she always looks so stylish doing it! 😊 Before hiring Ohana Events my inbox was full of communications from vendors. I was managing so much and my stress was through the roof! After hiring Rachel there was so much peace and WAYYY fewer emails! Rachel knew what was important to me and made decisions that kept our wedding visions and values in place. There were things, the day of the wedding that Rachel took care of and I was relieved that she didn’t ask my opinion on and just handled it. Literally, during the wedding, my mom came up to me and said “you have an amazing planner! She’s really taking care of everything!” There were some hiccups along the way like any wedding day will have but I will promise you that there is no one else in this world you’ll want handling those hiccups but Rachel and Danielle!

So if you don’t read anything else, here are some highlights:
    •She’s the bow on a great gift: At the end of the night, we were able to return to our room and Rachel had nicely packed everything up for us in there. (our hotel was literally 7 steps away from our reception so I’m not sure how that would work out if you are far away)
    •She makes decisions: I could list countless examples
    •She advocates: There were two things that came up 2 weeks before our wedding that she handled for us. I don’t know what she did or how she did it but the stuff got HANDLED!
    •She makes quality recommendations

The Good:
    •The timeline! OMG coming from a person who loves organization- that document is GOLD!

The Bad:
    •I told Rachel often the thing I didn’t like about her the most is that I didn’t meet her sooner. And now that my wedding is over it’s that we don’t have another event to plan together!

The Bottom Line:
    •When I first started planning my wedding, I tried cutting corners to save money on a wedding planner but take it from me – don’t do that! Find cheaper chargers, different floral arrangements, maybe even a different dress, like that’s how important it is to hire a quality planner!

As Lilo said on Lilo & Stitch “Ohana means family” and truly Danielle and Rachel felt like family throughout this process. Our wedding couldn’t have been the magical wedding of the decade that it was without Rachel.

Sent on 01/27/2020

Andrew Brunks · Married on 09/01/2019

Top Class Planner

Rachel did such an amazing job at our wedding in September 2019. We could not have gotten married without her and Danielle! Neither we nor our Mom’s were stressed at any point during the day and night. We were able to fully enjoy our wedding and being in love with each other. If there was chaos behind the scenes, we had no idea.

Rachel was an exceptional communicator - she knew the right times to yell and take control of a large group and the right times to speak with someone one-on-one in the most reassuring and comforting way. Rachel also did a wonderful job of blending in to the scenery despite completing 300+ tasks (or more?). She conducted yourself with absolute class.

Sent on 11/25/2019
  • Cassidy

Cassidy · Married on 08/10/2019

The Perfect Wedding Coordinator

Our day would not have been what it was without Danielle and Ohana Events. We feel so lucky that we were able to have Danielle as our wedding planner. From the very beginning we knew that we could trust her with our wedding and vision. She is professional, kind, organized, driven and dedicated. The day would not have come together like it did without her. The detail of our wedding timeline was perfection and covered everything we could think of. On the day of not only did she keep us "on time" but she kept us calm (and me sane). We wouldn't of trusted anyone else with the biggest day of our lives!

Sent on 09/09/2019

Jessica · Married on 08/04/2019

Wedding of my dreams.

Ohana Events helped give me the wedding I’ve always dreamed of. My husband and I couldn’t be happier.

Sent on 09/27/2019
  • Bertel

Bertel Olson · Married on 07/12/2019

Fantastic Planning and Excellent Execution Throughout!

The first thing you need to know about Danielle is her level of commitment to you as a client and your event. Danielle met my (then) fiancé and I for our introductory meeting at a nearby Starbucks during last year’s Polar Vortex, when it was -20 degrees outside. If that doesn’t prove her level of commitment, I don’t know what will. Danielle was extremely friendly, welcoming and energetic about our event. She first wanted to know more about us, how we met, the proposal, and our ‘vision’ for the wedding, rather than immediately describing her services. When it came time to understand her process, Danielle took time to explain her experience as an events coordinator, even before launching Ohana Events, and then walked us through the various services offered within each package. We knew immediately after meeting with Danielle, that we wanted Ohana Events for our wedding.

Danielle pays attention to details and reviewed every single one of our vendor contracts. She also provided a few recommendations, such as, what vendors to pursue and those we might want to reconsider. Given Danielle’s growing business, she has worked with a number of venues, florists, bands, transportation companies, etc. and helped us through the decision making process for each. In that vein, Danielle caught a number of errors within multiple contracts and helped us navigate those conversations with our vendors.

On the day of our wedding, Danielle was an absolute rockstar! She knew exactly where everyone was to be, at what moment and in what location. Danielle was operating at another level, committing every detail to memory; this kept us (and more importantly) our parents calm throughout the entire day. For example, when it came time to take pictures after the ceremony, Danielle commanded the room, calling out the names of friends and family who would be in the next picture; this expedited the process and allowed us to get to the reception on time.

In short, our wedding weekend was executed flawlessly. No mistakes, no errors, no last minute changes…all because of Danielle. I highly recommend Danielle to anyone who desires peace of mind, appreciates attention to detail, and who wants a professional who understands how a wedding weekend should be structured and executed. When you meet with Danielle, you’ll know exactly what I mean.

Sent on 01/17/2020
  • Andrea

Andrea Eagles · Married on 06/15/2019

Absolutely everything we were hoping for and more...

We, our family, and everyone at the wedding was blown away by Danielle and her team. We partnered with Ohana Events for Day-Of Planning and she was absolutely incredible. We had reservations in the beginning, wondering if it would even be necessary to have the help of a planner. In the end, I'm so glad we did and I don't think we could have done it without her. I had planned a very elaborate setup with a lot of our own decorations, complete with fully-stocked bathroom trays, countless candles, floral arrangements, and candy bar jars and scoops. I completely underestimated how much work it would be to unload, set up, breakdown, and reload everything at the end of the night (our venue didn't allow overnight storage of any kind). In addition, many of our floral arrangements and our ceremony arch was re-purposed for centerpieces or reception decorations. Working around guests during cocktail hour to do so, Danielle was seen everywhere, constantly moving, and making sure everything and everyone was where they needed to be when. Danielle never batted an eye when we told her all that we needed her to take care of. All of those countless candles, huge ferns, and decorations magically ended up back in their boxes and in our vehicle at the end of the night. We rushed out of our reception to meet our limo, and simply handed our keys over to Danielle, who arranged to have it delivered back to the hotel that so it would be waiting for us in the morning, packed and ready to go. Her get-to-know-you meeting in the weeks leading up to the wedding was so thorough. You could tell that she was looking to make the day as special to us as we imagined it. She showed up to our hotel the morning of the wedding with something like 8 umbrellas (it was unexpectedly raining) for all of our family to use as we headed out to our venue. She set up our candy bar table, cleaned up our bridal suite (more than a couple of times during the evening), set up the guest party favor table, orchestrated our rehearsal, wrangled family for post-ceremony pictures, etc., etc., and was just a complete ROCKSTAR. I can't sing her praises enough. Even weeks after the wedding we were still getting comments from friends and family about "that amazing planner". We would recommend Danielle and Ohana to anyone looking for an event planner in Chicago, the surrounding areas, and beyond. Thank you, Ohana!

Sent on 08/24/2019
  • Kimberly

Kimberly · Married on 01/26/2019

Having Danielle Day-Of is a MUST!

After working with Danielle, I am positive that a day of coordinator is the BEST wedding gift you can give yourself (or someone else). Danielle is so organized, pragmatic, thoughtful, attentive, and kind.

One of the things I discovered on my wedding day was that you care about the details... until you don’t. Danielle does an amazing job of the balancing act between bringing things to my attention when a decision needed my input, but just taking care of everything else without me needing to know.

She made the entire week of my wedding so much smoother and less stressful. Highly recommend!

Sent on 10/30/2019
  • Katherine

Katherine C · Married on 12/30/2018

She was fabulous!

Danielle is wonderful! Her kindness goes a long way. She was incredibly helpful in making all the details of our wedding fall into place. We had many props that needed to be set up because we were throwing a 1920's wedding and she placed everything exactly how we wanted. She was very organized and it made the wedding day go like clockwork. She was really fast in responding to emails and texts and had an answer to everything! I'm really thankful to her for all the details she reminded us of that we hadn't considered. Her suggestions were perfect and we couldn't have pulled it off without her. Would recommend her in a heart beat! She really is the perfect person for this job! I hope to have a reason to work with her again in the future.

Sent on 01/05/2019

Alison Simoneau · Married on 10/27/2018

Highly Recommend!! Made our planning effortless!

Danielle and her team were absolutely incredible to work with! I used Danielle as a day of planner, but she went above and beyond what I expected that to entail. Danielle's experience in the industry and with vendor's in the industry made the planning process 200 times easier. Danielle is excellent at handling adversity and guiding you through the more delicate negotiations and conversations of wedding planning. Danielle will be there for you with whatever you need, and does it all with a smile on her face! She answers questions you wouldn't even think to ask and isn't afraid to give her professional opinion when you need the help. Our day went off without a hitch and we owe that to Danielle and Ohana Events!!

Sent on 02/18/2019

Grace · Married on 10/19/2018

Danielle was an integral part of our day!

We had a great experience working with Danielle and we would absolutely recommend her as a coordinator for other brides and grooms. She is extremely organized, very flexible and willing to jump in and help. She went to bat for us with vendors who weren't up to par and she made an effort to get to know our venue prior to the event since it was new to her (it was the little things that really meant a lot). On the night-of, she did a great job orchestrating behind the scenes so that my husband and I didn't have to worry about a thing!

Sent on 01/05/2019

Staley · Married on 08/24/2018

The people at Limelight Catering (one of the best in Chicago) recommended Danielle, so I gave her a call. And of all the decisions we've made about this wedding, working with Danielle was the best of them. Let's get straight to it. Danielle is an AMAZING human being. She is probably one of the most organized people I have ever met. She is polite but direct (so important in party planning.) She has social skills in the genius category. She literally defines the phrase, "Above and beyond;" Danielle came to our shower - her own idea and not part of the contract - and helped keep things flowing smoothly. When the music wasn't working, she walked all the way back to her apartment to get wireless speakers. Most importantly, she has amazing ideas and resources. She understands your aesthetic and your desire for the event and makes it happen. There would not be a wedding happening without this lovely young woman. She is simply super human. We will literally make up parties and events in the future just so we can work with her! Seriously though! Do not hesitate to work with Ohana Events.

Sent on 08/03/2018
  • Jessica

Jessica Wesley · Married on 08/10/2018

Great attention to detail, above and beyond expectations

Working with Danielle was an absolute pleasure. She was there for me every step of the way, going above and beyond what I expected. She answered all my questions quickly and thoughtfully and even helped me brainstorm unique ideas for my wedding. She also had amazing attention to detail, every detail of my day went smoothly. She even helped to pull off a surprise performance for the MOH speech! Thank you Ohana Events for making our wedding day so special!

Sent on 03/20/2019

Home · Married on 07/21/2018

Summer Chicago Wedding

Danielle and Rachel were absolutely great to work with! We hired Ohana to help with day-of planning, and it was one of the best decisions that we made. I had no idea what to expect with this whole process, but Danielle was super hands on prior to the wedding, gave us great insight about the flow of the ceremony/reception, and took care of every timeline detail. Even though we knew Danielle would not be there on the day of our wedding, Rachel was there the whole time. We met with her before the wedding to go over the timeline and I knew I could trust her without reservation! Rachel was calm, detail oriented and super nice. She was like a breath of fresh air on our wedding day! She seamlessly kept my husband and I updated on what we needed to do or what came next. If there were issues on the day of our wedding - I honestly still do not even know about them to this day, as she made it seem as though everything was perfect! I honestly thought she was gonna kill me when I sent over a list of all these signs/pictures that we wanted to put up for decor around the ceremony and reception, haha. But she took every effort to make sure that everything was exactly where we could have imagined! Loved having her there, it allowed my husband and our families to truly enjoy our day. Do yourself a favor and hire this amazing team. You will not regret it.

Sent on 10/30/2018

Katie · Married on 07/07/2018

Danielle Kuhn was essential to our wedding day. When we first reached out to Danielle, we thought a coordinator was a ‘nice to have’. But after 30 min on the phone, we realized that her expertise, relationships, and experience at our venue (Morton Arboretum) were essential. Every detail was absolutely amazing and our families haven't stopped talking about how grateful they were to have her guiding us the whole day. She went above and beyond the entire day.

Before our wedding, Danielle created a detailed timeline and coordinated with our vendors to ensure that they knew where/ when to arrive. She also put together a summarized schedule for our bridal party and prepped us so we knew exactly what we needed laid out and ready for photos.

On the morning of our wedding, Danielle immediately got to work keeping us on schedule and ensuring we got the photos and video we wanted. When we arrived at the venue, Danielle already had our tables set up with votives, ceremony rugs and large planters moved to the correct locations, and gift table set up exactly as we envisioned. We literally didn’t have a thing to worry about! Before our ceremony, I overheated and had to get out of my dress. Danielle knew how worried I was to get sick during the ceremony and offered suggestions to change the ceremony to ensure I felt comfortable. She suggested major changes and I felt comfortable choosing because we knew she could execute flawlessly.

After the ceremony, Danielle was essential in getting the right people in our photos so our photographer could focus. She then helped bustle my dress in a few short minutes. We didn’t have to worry about a single detail because Danielle was already on top of everything. At the end of the reception, we went to take a few extra photos and when when we arrived back, our car was magically packed up and all of our tip envelopes had been distributed. I honestly don't know how we would've gotten through the day without her. Thank you, Danielle!

Sent on 07/10/2018

Hanna · Married on 06/30/2018

I was honestly a little bit hesitant about hiring a wedding planner at first because I had such a specific style and I was scared of not being able to communicate my vision. But, Danielle did AMAZING with understanding exactly what I did and didn't want. She took away virtually all of the stress of communicating with vendors and the seemingly millions of tiny decisions. And even though she took control of the reigns, I still 100% felt that my wedding was my own, which was sooo important to me because I absolutely did not want a cookie cutter wedding. I cannot recommend Danielle enough... she is so professional, graceful, and just a wonderful person. Thank you so much! Joe & I will be forever grateful! -Hanna

Sent on 07/23/2018

Joe · Married on 06/30/2018

Danielle went above and beyond for our wedding at the end of June. Not only did she help us plan everything prior to the big day amazingly, the day of she was just spectacular. Some background on our wedding day: It was the hottest day ever. The heat index was 110 and it was an all outdoor wedding. My wife is a worrier which of course also gets me anxious, especially with something this big. Danielle on the other hand, was cool, calm and collected. She along with her assistant ran all over making sure everything was perfect. She was everywhere at once and had complete control of the hectic environment. The result of her hard work was by far one of the most spectacular days of my wife's life, my life, and our families' lives. I just want to say from the bottom of my heart, thank you Danielle. Without your amazing abilities in your field we could not have accomplished everything that came to pass. If you are looking for a Wedding Planner/Coordinator please look no further than Ohana Events. You will most certainly not be disappointed!

Sent on 07/25/2018

Kristen · Married on 06/23/2018

My husband and I could not say enough about how great our experience was with Danielle. From the moment we hired Ohana Events to even weeks after the wedding day, Danielle was an invaluable resource. She was willing to go beyond what was expected and contact other vendors in order to coordinate quotes, contracts, and timing. Furthermore, our meetings regarding the vendor list and wedding timeline were beneficial and stress reliving. I was a bride who felt very overwhelmed throughout the wedding planning process and at each meeting Danielle was able to set achievable goals. Danielle is also extremely personable and she values communication with her clients. On the wedding day, Danielle and her assistant helped make sure that everything ran as smooth as possible. She even stopped by to the bridal suite earlier on during the wedding day and she helped pin my something borrowed to my bridal bouquet! Overall, you will be extremely happy working with Danielle and I have even referred her to my recently engaged relatives and friends!

Sent on 07/20/2018

Tripp · Married on 05/05/2018

Danielle at Ohana Events was fantastic. She worked with us for 6 months, handled every detail, played referee well amongst the different interested parties, and delivered our vision in full on our wedding date. We couldn't be more happy with the services we received.

Sent on 07/23/2018

Gretchen · Married on 10/21/2017

Danielle is an absolute dream to work with! I was lucky enough to have her before the wedding, to help me tie up loose ends and get all the details squared away! I was very much a planner on my own, and she was open to the ideas that I had, and was willing to work with my vision. When bumps along the way came up (shuttle service going out of business), Danielle responded quickly with other companies and quotes that were aligned with the original ones. She provided schedules to all my vendors, a schedule for me to provide to our wedding party, and even included one to our officiant, who was our cousin. One the day of, she was amazing. Her attention to detail, allowed every one of our ideas to come to light. As I was speaking to people during happy hour, she made sure to take cards from me, refill my drink, and even made sure that our special coozie was on my beer for all to see. At the end of the weekend, I was sad that our time working together had come to an end, because she was wonderful to work with and became a friend. If you are in need of someone to help you navigate your wedding and the wedding world, Danielle would be your gal, and won't be disappointed!

Sent on 12/13/2017

Tania · Married on 10/07/2017

Dani was an extreme pleasure to work with. From the very start she was professional and very knowledgeable on what venders she recommended for my daughter’s wedding. She laid out many different vendors at different price points and style which helped us figure out who would work best for us. Because we hired Dani before any contracts were signed, she was extremely helpful in negotiating the venue contract. She knew what concessions should be included which helped leverage our negotiation. What we spent on her services we ended up saving in the long run by her connections and negotiating power. And not to mention the amount of stress she took away was invaluable. Dani was also very detail oriented with the wedding timeline she created. It was thorough and had details as small as what time my daughter should bustle her dress. We could not ask for a better experience, and highly recommend Dani if you’re looking for a detail-oriented, passionate, and personable planner. Looking forward to seeing the continued success of both Dani and Ohana Events!

Sent on 02/01/2018

Jerry · Married on 10/07/2017

My wife and I have known Dani since our high school days, circa de 2007-2010.. We thought it might make the wedding planning a little smoother because she knew who we were, what we were about, etc. We were dead wrong.... She made wedding planning UNBELIEVABLY SEAMLESS and SIMPLE. For example....when we were looking for a photographer, we explained to her about what we were looking for and where we might want to take pictures...From there Dani sent us a list of potential options she felt would best fit our personalities and ideas. Not only did her recommendations align EXACTLY with what we were hoping for, we're now passing off Dennis (our photographer) off to the rest of our siblings.

All of the typical stresses in wedding planning were honestly non-existent. From the venue, to the DJ, to the tastings, whatever it was, things were laid out in front of us, meetings were planned and scheduled.. all we did was decide what we liked most and that was it...

Dani was always transparent with her experiences in previous weddings (her experience for being only 25 is unparalleled).

Having Dani as our wedding planner was 100% worth every bit of the investment and knowing that my wife, my family and my friends look back at our wedding with such fond memories speaks for the work she put it, ESPECIALLY THE DAY OF.

Dani put together a meal for my wife and I to share, post church ceremony and pre reception where we had excellent food, time to gather our thoughts and prepare for what was ahead.
    She had the bridal party hold "10" signs for us during our Husband and Wife first dance, which we had no idea about.
    She gave my wife the idea to get Blackhawks tickets for me and have them waiting in our room as a surprise.

Whoever reads this and decides to sign with her, Dani can give you my phone number and I will tell you even more about the ROI you will receive, both from a planning perspective, but more importantly, from a peace of mind distinction.

Sent on 02/12/2018

Christina · Married on 10/15/2016

We absolutely loved working with Danielle and we feel that she is responsible for our perfect wedding day. Danielle met with us numerous times before our big day in order to go over all of the wedding details. She was always extremely organized and presented materials in such a way that I never felt overwhelmed by the planning process. In addition, Danielle kept us on track with our end of planning. Danielle was also responsible for helping us select our DJ, photo booth, and videographer; all of which were not on the preferred vendor list for our venue, but Danielle knew they would be a perfect fit for our wedding (which they were). Danielle even showed up to our rehearsal dinner, despite the fact that she had a family emergency, because she is so responsible and cared so much about ensuring that our big day ran smoothly. On our actual wedding day Danielle ensured that everything ran smoothly and she handled any and all hiccups along the way (for example guests that showed up that didn't RSVP). All in all, we absolutely loved working with Danielle and HIGHLY RECOMMEND her as a wedding planner. She is professional, energetic, presents unique ideas, and has gone above and beyond in every sense of the wedding planning process. Finally, we loved working with her so much that Danielle has become a true friend. If you want a seamless wedding experience, then you have to go with Danielle!!

Sent on 02/28/2018