Ohana Events Reviews

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

• Sarah
    Sarah F. Married on 01/01/2023

Dream Team!!

We used Ohana Events for both our Seattle Wedding and Chicago reception, and we cannot say enough positive things about the team!!! Both Rachel and Danielle were so helpful, knowledgeable and on top of it all. They are two of the sweetest women ever and we quickly felt like they wanted to get to know us and showed a genuine interest in our story. They both connected on the side to make sure each one was aware of what was going on with the other event. These two made our wedding dreams and vision come true! This team went above and beyond. So many people after our wedding asked us if we could get married every single year because the parties were so great - and its all thanks to Ohana and our other wonderful vendors! We would hire them again and again, anyday!!
    Meghan B. Married on 12/31/2022

Ohana Events is the real MVP

Planning a wedding can be SO stressful- but you already know that if you're looking for a planner! Look NO FURTHER. Hire Ohana events and you will be in the best hands! Sonya Tran was our partial planner, and there is absolutely no way we could have done it all without her. Leading up to the wedding she managed all the vendor contacts, arranged a detailed timeline and was in constant communication with everyone. She shared a list of tasks my fiancé and I had to complete which was incredibly helpful- things we would have never thought about. The day of the wedding- Sonya was the real MVP. Not only did she make sure that the day flowed PERFECTLY, she handled any minor issues with grace, and adjusted timelines wherever needed. My fiancé and I didn't have to worry about a thing. We actually got to enjoy the day knowing that we had the greatest support. Sonya is an angel, so if you are looking for a planner, please reach out to this group. You will be forever thankful, and most importantly anxiety free!
  • illustration stars

Are you interested?

Send a message
    Kayla B. Married on 11/11/2022

Amazing to work with!

Sonya from Ohana was truly amazing to work with! From beginning to end she was efficient. She was always so happy to help and had great communication! There is so much that is involved with a wedding and I cannot imagine planning it without her. I’m forever grateful and will refer her to everyone I know! Thanks, Sonya ❤️
    Delora N. Married on 11/05/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Invaluable Support and Guidance for our Wedding!!

We worked with Danielle and Emily, and Emily was our day of planner. I cannot stress enough how incredibly helpful she was- we don't know what we would have done without her! There are so many little details that would have never been on my radar, but Emily made the whole process and day-of stress free. She was incredibly responsive and reliable through the whole process. Highly recommend!
  • Molly
    Molly S. Married on 10/15/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Ohana Events Means a Stress-Free Wedding Weekend!

Booking Ohana Events day-of package wedding planner package was one of the BEST decisions we made for our wedding on October 15, 2022 in Chicago at the Sculpture Garden at Bridgeport Art Center. When we first got engaged, everyone had the same advice: HIRE A WEDDING PLANNER. We had calls with about 7 different planning companies, but we immediately connected with Danielle. While our package didn’t start until 3 months before our wedding, Danielle was incredibly responsive and helpful. She gave her thoughtful POV on our vendor questions and was quick to help with anything we needed. 3 months out we started working with Mara!! Mara was incredibly, calm, confident and helpful our entire process. She was so on top of communication with all vendors, she made me feel so sure everything was covered. When I had concerns about some of the decor one week out, Mara jumped into action and got in touch with all vendors, formulated a plan and took all the stress away. She was incredibly responsive, easy to work with and such a joy. I was COMPLETELY STRESS-FREE on wedding day and I believe a lot of that has to do with Mara running the show. HIGHLY recommend working with Ohana Events for your wedding - they are experts, they are incredibly helpful and above all, they are GOOD, KIND HUMANS. We’re so grateful they helped make all of our wedding dreams come true!
    Natalie T. Married on 10/15/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Best planners in Chicago!

I cannot say enough positive things about Ohana Events – specifically my planner, Danielle McNulty. I cannot imagine having gone through the wedding stress without Danielle by my side – she was my calm amidst the wedding storm! She made sure every detail was perfectly executed – from sending me checklists, promptly answering my endless questions, helping me draft long emails to vendors when there were issues with contracts, to just making sure everything ran smoothly– Danielle is your girl. Attention to detail and organization is an understatement – Danielle and Ohana Events will make sure your wedding day is absolutely perfect. On top of that, Danielle was so positive and fun to be around - such good energy during a stressful time! I couldn’t have chosen a better planner and recommend Danielle and Ohana to every Chicago bride.
  • Sabrina
    Sabrina V. Married on 08/13/2022

Hire Ohana!!

My husband and I booked the in-between package from Ohana for our 8/13/22 wedding since we didn’t feel the need for a full planner, and it was a great choice! We were paired with Jenna, and we loved her from the start. She is super nice, responsive, and makes sure you stay organized and have fun while planning!

The first meeting in the package we chose is 6 weeks before the wedding date, which is the perfect time to start getting into the details of planning. This is when you begin looking at a timeline for the wedding day together. And let me tell you - the timeline Jenna put together for us was absolutely indispensable! It helped us organize every single decision we needed to make for the wedding, and kept us on track on the actual day of our wedding. There were parts of the day Jenna asked about that we definitely never would have thought of ourselves before it was too late, and we are very grateful that we had the opportunity to really think through how our wedding day would unfold! Once we had our initial timeline meeting, Jenna was super helpful in answering any questions we had while ironing out loose details.

Everyone warns you that something will go wrong on your wedding day, and you should brush it off. I can tell you with confidence, nothing went wrong on our wedding day, and it was because of Jenna. She kept all of our wonderful vendors on top of things, and was at the venue early on the day of the wedding to make sure everything was set up properly. My bustle broke and she fixed it immediately, she helped us load up a car with gifts and decorations at the end of the night, and really went above and beyond to make sure we were calm and able to enjoy our wedding day. Do yourself a favor and book Ohana for your wedding! Thanks Jenna, for helping us plan and allowing us to enjoy, our dream wedding.

xoxo Sabrina and Brendan O’Brien
    Hailey B. Married on 07/29/2022

Partial planning package

Wow words cannot describe how wonderful It was working with Rachel. As a bride who has been to a ton of weddings I had a lot of ideas and a vision, but working in healthcare I had no idea how to execute a large event. We did the partial planning package and it was the best decision. Rachel was excited, kind, supportive and listened to every last detail and idea. She kept my fiancé engaged and excited during long planning meetings and had THE best to do lists and schedules to keep us on track. Without her we would have never been able to timely secure vendors in the craziness of 2022 and we felt so confident that she helped us choose high quality but cost effective vendors. Rachel was prompt in all communication and available for urgent questions and checkins as needed. Day of, she took care of every little detail with calmness and genuine desire to make sure it was the best day ever. Rachel was so fun to work with and i am happy to call her a friend now too! After working with Ohana for the past 10ish months it makes me emotional to think our planning is officially over, but we now have amazing memories to last a life time. Thank you Rachel and i would recommend every single future bride or groom I know to work with you!!
  • Emily
    Emily N. Married on 07/09/2022

Amazing wedding planner!

Ohana events are amazing! Our planner, Rachel, made the wedding planning process so easy. We booked a 90 day package and this was perfect for us. Rachel was available the entire time, and reached out to us almost daily. I canceled my hair and make-up artist a month before my wedding and Rachel answered all my questions about getting out of the contract and handled all communication with my artist. Rachel came to our rehearsal and helped answer any questions we had, as well as communicating with the venue coordinator for us. On the day of, Rachel kept us on schedule and everything went smoothly. Family photos were planned ahead of time, and went so quickly as a result. Both my fiancé and I felt we could enjoy our day without worrying about the logistics, we knew Rachel had it handled. I can’t imagine a better experience with a wedding planner, she truly made our wedding vision come to life. Hire Ohana, you won’t regret it!
  • Daniel
    Daniel P. Married on 07/01/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

*Destination wedding review* - Ohana was FANTASTIC!

We worked with Danielle and Rachel and they were absolutely fantastic! We got married at Villa Miani in Rome, Italy. They helped with our pre-planning, as well as the day of, and everything turned out perfectly. First off, finding the right vendors in a foreign country was a challenge and they were a massive help in finding the right people to work with. Working with our vendors' language & cultural barriers made planning more difficult, but Danielle & Rachel were incredibly helpful in working through these challenges, and we ultimately felt like we got the right services & prices.

They were extremely attentive to detail, and helped us think through many, many elements of our wedding that we had not even considered. This extended from timelines of different activities to complete leading up to the wedding, to budgetary guidance, and of course some fun ideas to make the wedding more memorable for our guests.

On the day of, Danielle and Rachel managed all communication & set up with our vendors which allowed us to fully focus on enjoying our special day - and everything went off without a hitch! Thank you, Ohana Events, for an unforgettable experience and wedding!
  • Alison
    Alison S. Married on 06/25/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Best wedding day planner/coordinator in the market!

I cannot express enough gratitude for how much I loved working with Ohana Events for my wedding. I worked with Danielle (the owner) and Sonya, the senior planner, for over 3 months leading up to my wedding day. Sonya is an expert in wedding planning and a fantastic day of coordinator. Leading up to the big day, Sonya was readily accessible and always available to answer any questions, iron out the timeline, coordinate with vendors, organize wedding day logistics and so much more. Not to mention, she is so personable and brings such great energy to make wedding planning a smooth and seamless experience for the bride.
    She paid attention to every wedding design detail when bringing my wedding day vision to a reality on the big day. She is patient and genuinely wants to support you in any way possible. My family and the bridal party still rave about how she was a total rock star and is the real-life Jennifer Lopez wedding planner! I highly recommend working with Ohana Events and can promise you will love working with Danielle and her team!
  • McKenna
    Mckenna V. Married on 05/07/2022

Thorough and Organized!

Rachel was an absolute ROCKSTAR! We hired her for the in-between package and the six months leading up to the wedding were smooth sailing because of her professionalism, organization and responsiveness. She had our day-of timeline laid out down to twenty minute intervals and even sprinted across the venue to grab my bouquet I forgot right before walking down the aisle. Overall, we cannot recommend Ohana Events enough for the thoroughness and creativity they provide throughout the wedding planning process.
    Hillary S. Married on 04/30/2022
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Jenna is the absolute best!

The best money we spent by far on our entire wedding! We used the “month of” package and had Jenna as our planner. We cannot say enough nice things about Jenna. She was an absolute pleasure to work with. We felt at ease going into the wedding knowing she was there by our side. Her help leading up to the big day was incredible, keeping all vendors in the loop regarding changes to our schedule or plans. She also kept our huge wedding party in line and on schedule the entire day, which is not an easy task. Our family and friends LOVED her! Highly recommend Ohana Events for any wedding. You will not regret it!!!
  • Ann
    Ann B. Married on 04/11/2022

Professional & Personable

Danielle was wonderful. I got married in the middle of COVID pandemic and had to downsize my wedding from 50 guests to 20 and later to 10 of our closest family. My mom passed away a few months prior but always wanted me to get married. I had to change my venue to my home and backyard. During all of this, Danielle made this entire process doable and I felt so very supported. I could always reach her for questions and concerns. My family absolutely loved her on the day of the wedding and she blew us away as she rolled up her sleeves and made my wedding day literally the happiest day of my life! Please consider her for your future wedding planning! You won’t be disappointed! I’m lucky she was my planner!
    Kimberley G. Married on 02/19/2022

Simply Amazing

Ohana Events came very highly recommended to us for my daughters wedding and they did not disappoint! They did a great job from preplanning to the day of and even helped navigate a couple vendor issues after the wedding day.

My family is definitely one to take over and have put on some great events over the years. This left me feeling that I may not need a wedding planner but I was wrong! Rachel was so organized, asked questions I hadn’t thought about, kept the vendors informed and on schedule. Most of all Rachel had a great way of helping my large helpful family feel supported but directed to assure everything was beautiful. I was able to enjoy the big day and have a great time without the worry of the details. Rachel was simply amazing.
  • Sarah
    Sarah K. Married on 12/10/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

Words Cannot Describe How Wonderful They Are!!

When our wedding plans changed due to COVID, we were stressed, overwhelmed and didn't even know where to begin. Then we met Danielle and Emily and our minds were IMMEDIATELY put at ease. As someone who is also V organized, I thought I would never meet someone who met my standards. BOY was I wrong! From the start, Danielle and Emily asked us all the right questions, put together a game plan and gladly took over all of the things that were stressing us out. Not only that, but they were SO nice, approachable and we actually wanted to stay on our Zoom call with them LONGER than 2 hours! They went above and beyond in every aspect of their service and never made us feel annoying for all the questions we had. The day of our wedding they showed up early, coordinated everything with our vendors, set up last minute things and handled any hiccups (I honestly don't even know if there were any). If you are looking for a wedding planner in the Chicago area, PLEASE hire Danielle and Emily. I seriously cannot say enough how wonderful they were - not just at getting stuff done and staying organized, but at making us feel so loved on our big day!
  • Liz
    Liz C. Married on 09/05/2021

Just Say YES to Ohana Events

SAY YES to working with Danielle!! I can't say enough how supportive, intelligent and helpful Danielle and her team are. She knows the industry through and through. In a situation where you don't know what you don't know, Danielle KNOWS what's normal and what's not and will help you make decisions that fit your desires. There were so many times I thought "I guess that's just a wedding fee" and Danielle was quick to explain if it normal/expected or something we should negotiate/change with vendors. She has great relationships with many, many Chicago vendors who equally adore her which made the whole process of planning enjoyable with very minimal stress. She's incredibly detailed and thorough with every step. She's hands-on and willing to help not only via email and her detailed documents (wedding timeline, venue comparison sheet, 3 month to do list, 1 month to do list, tipping etiquette etc.), but also in person to visit venues, have a timeline meeting, and food tastings. Investing in Danielle was the best money we spent on our wedding and I would do it 100 times over again.
  • Diana
    Diana S. Married on 09/03/2021

Definitely Hire

Such an excellent experience with Danielle and her team. Was not convinced a coordinator was necessary, but would entirely recommend to future couples. Danielle kept any issues from becoming our issues. The day was that much more enjoyable. Thank you!
  • Danielle
    Danielle M. Married on 08/20/2021

Hire ohana!

HIRE OHANA!! I'm typically one of those people who never writes reviews, just reads them, but these ladies deserve one and I'm excited to write one! I worked with Danielle and Jenna and they were the absolute best! One of the best wedding decisions I made!

First off, they're the sweetest people ever. They're so kind, fun, and easy going that it made this process so comfortable and fun. I felt like I was hanging out with friends during our timeline call :) Second, besides being amazing humans, they are so professional and excellent at what they do. Their knowledge of the industry, tips, advice, and the way they handle themselves and conduct business it top notch. The level of organization and thoughtfulness put into every aspect of the wedding planning was incredible. I had so many other vendors tell me how impressive their schedule and timeline for the day was. And the wedding day could not have gone smoother. Even guests were complimenting me on them and how great they were and how smooth everything was!

If you're on the fence of hiring any sort of wedding planner or coordinator, just do it. You will not regret it. And if you need help in choosing, CHOOSE OHANA! You won't be disappointed. I love these girls and hope you do too!!
    Myles N. Married on 07/03/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

True Professional that Delivered as Promised!

It's probably a good sign that I was about to write the same opening sentence as many others who have worked with Ohana Events and then later reviewed them. I was going to say, "Where do I even start?", but I know exactly where to start in describing Rachel's influence on our wedding because it was so critical to our amazing wedding (weekend) on Guemes Island in the Puget Sound off the coast of Seattle, WA. We hired Rachel as our day of coordinator because we needed a true professional present on the day of the wedding to ensure everything went smoothly so we could just enjoy the moment. We got that and so much more with Rachel. It all began with two multi-hour planning sessions many months before the wedding. Rachel was diligent and efficient with that time so it felt like we covered an enormous amount of ground in those calls, and her questions exposed so many areas/topics that we still needed to focus on. It just goes to show that you don’t know what you don’t know, and Rachel’s expertise really shined through in those first calls (and so did her patience!). We really appreciated how professional she was throughout the process, and even though it was great that we liked Rachel as a person, it was super important to us that we hired an extremely competent wedding coordinator and Rachel certainly fits that description. Also my wife and I didn’t have a traditional wedding, and even if that made it challenging at times, it clearly never once phased Rachel. She would accommodate our needs in whatever way possible, and she would offer advice if we explicitly asked for it (but she was quick to remind us that it was our wedding so we always had to make the final decision!). Long story short, if you’re looking for someone that’s going to ensure that your wedding day (or weekend!) is planned and executed exactly how you always envisioned it, there’s no better person than Rachel to make that happen. She also just happens to be a lovely person with a ridiculously cute puppy so that was an extra bonus for us!
    Ruth B. Married on 06/13/2021

Ultimate Wedding Planner!

Hiring Danielle for our daughter’s wedding was by far the best wedding decision we made! She navigated us through a COVID-delayed wedding, a last minute change from a venue to the couple’s back yard, and solved multiple logistical issues. Danielle’s experience with many vendors was most helpful when the backyard wedding suddenly required vendors which are not needed at a wedding-equipped facility. She always calmly and efficiently managed all details before and during the ceremony and reception. With Danielle as our planner, the wedding day was flawless!!!
    Mary N. Married on 06/12/2021

Saved our day

We met with Danielle in 2020, and were just about to sign a contract when COVID hit. We postponed our wedding by a year, and ended up working with Mara as our main planner and Sonya as her assistant the day of. Creating the timeline and the prep all went pretty much as expected, but the real stand out was the day of. Our venue really dropped the ball, in so many ways. They were under staffed, their A/C was not great, the bridal suite had issues, and to top it all off, it was thunderstorming when we arrived and they hadn't prepared our back up room at all. Mara really stepped up though, and our guests left the event happy, fed, and blissfully unaware for the most part of the myriad of vendor caused issues. Mara made sure she stayed between the venue host and me, which honestly probably brought my stress levels down significantly, because I was so mad by that point. Sonya was also so cheerful and smiley and helped run our pinata bit, which was a really fun part. They made the reception room look great, and the ceremony went ahead as planned, which was a small miracle giving the starting point. I can only imagine what they can do when paired with a stand-up venue as well.
    Kelsey B. Married on 06/11/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

The best wedding coordinator!!

Where to begin?! Danielle and Ohana Events is one of the best decisions we made when wedding planning. From supporting us as we planned, then re-planned, then re-planned, and then re-planned our wedding again to making every detail go perfectly on our wedding day, Danielle was absolutely amazing to work with! She is so organized, professional, and genuinely wants you to have the wedding day of your dreams. She made us feel so secure and confident in the midst of a chaotic year to plan a wedding. Even though she had numerous other weddings to plan (including her own!), when we worked together, it felt like we were the center of her attention and her top priority. We cannot recommend Danielle and Ohana Events enough!
    Erin M. Married on 01/02/2021
      5.0 out of 5 rating

HIRE OHANA! Absolute best decision we made.

Where do I start? We hired Ohana back in 2019 for their "Month Of" package to assist us both day-of and in the final weeks leading up to our planned June 2020 wedding. Then Covid happened. We were heartbroken to cancel our June date, but eventually settled on January 2021, assuming the world would be in a better state by then. Ohana stayed on with us, and Danielle and her team quickly shifted gears to help us navigate a new world. As it turned out, the world was not in a better state come January, but we decided to move forward with a now radically different (and much smaller), 3rd version of our wedding. Danielle and her team didn't flinch when we shifted to a completely new venue with weeks to spare. The Ohana team helped us swap out vendors, change rental orders, and shift timelines, all while staying on budget and navigating changing Covid guidelines. When our day finally came, Danielle was with us morning to night to make sure everything ran seamlessly. It was a perfect day. She made sure I did not have to worry about a single thing, and I had the time of my life. To say they went above and beyond would be a massive understatement. Hiring Ohana was hands down the best money we spent through our crazy wedding journey. I cannot recommend them enough!
illustration stars