Myrtle Beach Wedding Officiants Reviews

11 | Murrells Inlet, SC

11 Reviews for Myrtle Beach Wedding Officiants

• Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 12/12/2015

Reverend Peyton was amazing. He was the perfect fit for our perfect day. It felt like we had known him forever, we were completely comfortable with him.

Sent on 12/15/2015

Cheryl · Married on 06/12/2011

Reverend Peyton did an excellent job with conducting our ceremony at River Farm in Alexandria, VA. It was a hot and humid day, so he did a great job in keeping the ceremony short but still not rushing through it to make it a very special ceremony. He was great to work with, very responsive and I highly recoomend him.

Sent on 07/05/2011

Mary · Married on 01/08/2011

Reverend Peyton was the most amazing officiant we could have hoped for. He was extremely professional when we met with him, and through all of our email correspondence. He was able to provide us with unique ideas for a personalized ceremony, and we were never pushed to have it done one way or another. We were able to choose from many different ceremony examples, in order to have the one that was perfect for us. I would recommend Reverend Peyton to anyone that I know of getting married. I have already recommended him to a couple who is getting married in the near future! He was great, and thanks to him, our wedding day was perfect. Thank You!

Sent on 03/02/2011

Jodie · Married on 05/09/2009

Rev. Wesley and Norma Peyton are both such lovely people. Rev. Norma did our wedding and she was such a delight. She performed a wonderful, intimate ceremony. I had last min changes to the ceremony, literally 10 minutes before I was to walk down the isle. She had no problems working with the changes.

Sent on 06/22/2009

Hilary · Married on 10/24/2008

Rev. Wesley Peyton was a fantastic choice for me and my husband. Rev. Peyton basically let us write our ceremony and he conducted the service. We had a semi-religious ceremony and he was very open to the items that we wanted to have and the items that we didn't want to include.

We were very pleased with him and highly recommend him to any future brides and grooms!

Thank you, Rev. Peyton!

Sent on 11/13/2008

Meredith · Married on 10/19/2008

Reverend Peyton was a blessing. He was always warm and friendly, and was receptive to our having some unique aspects to the ceremony. We felt very comfortable with Rev. Peyton from the very beginning, and we are so glad that we found him. We can't recommend Rev. Peyton highly enough.

Sent on 10/22/2008

Lisa · Married on 09/27/2008

Reverend Norma Jean & Wesley Peyton are quite the duo! They both are retired non-denom reverends who do weddings for fun. We had Rev. Norma for our wedding and she delivered the prefect ceremony for us! She let us customize whatever we wanted from their 4 basic ceremonies ("almost Catholic", super religious, light religious, spiritual). We chose the light religious and went from there. The first half was very contemporary. She was upbeat and engaging with us and the audience. And the second half was more religious--the perfect amount to satisfy our very religious friends/family but not overly offend/bore our less religious friends/family. Everyone--from all viewpoints--told us how much the enjoyed the ceremony!

She was a joy to work with...we met with her twice before the wedding at her home.

Sent on 01/27/2009

Jennifer · Married on 08/16/2008

We had Rev. Norma Peyton for our wedding at the Willard. I never even met her, just emailed her and her husband. We did everything via email. She was on time for the wedding and was an absolute pro. She held everyones attention and we would have listened to her all day, it was a non regilious ceremony and she was captivating. I couldn't imagine anyone else marrying us. You will not be disapointed and I owe them both many thanks for such a memorable day.

Sent on 03/02/2009

S · Married on 10/06/2007

Absolutely fantastic. He has many version of the ceremony so I was able to decide exactly how religious we wanted it. We performs wedding where ever you are gettting married- church, golf club, park, etc. He met with us several times and helped us get the perfect ceremony. He is very professional and friendly. Outstanding! A friend of mine was married by his wife and she was happy with her as well. Highly recommended. They are less expensive than many others I found but I would have paid twice as much for him knowing what I know now!

Sent on 10/18/2007

Hannah · Married on 06/17/2006

Neither my finace nor I attend church regularly - so we had no idea where to go in terms of trying to find someone to marry us! Our wedding planner had given us the name of her favorite officiant.

The info above is for Rev. Wesley Peyton, but we actually used his wife, Norma Jean (you can use the info above to contact both). We had originally wanted to use Wesley, but he was already booked for the day of the wedding. We decided to go with his wife, who also performs ceremonies and were very glad we did! In fact, many of our other friends enjoyed our ceremony, that three other of our friends used her as well:)

You set up an appointment to meet with her (usually at her house), then she will provide you with 3 to 4 ceremonies all varying from not very religious to very religious. We actually combined two of the ceremonies together to create something a little more unique that pertained to us - she was very flexible on the changes. After that, we set up one more meeting with her to go over the ceremony and was set until the wedding day.

Norma Jean is this cute older woman with a fantastic southern accent - our guests got a kick out her personality and southern charm. She definitely added to our ceremony to made it so memorable.

Sent on 05/28/2007

Cecelia · Married on 11/24/2007

Reverend Payton was a good choice for us because neither of us had our own pastor and we were able to customize our ceremony to our beliefs.

Sent on 12/18/2007