New York, NY 10009 Map · Phone number

About Weddings by Bettina

Planning your wedding ceremony is a process of exploration and discovery, it can be one of the more enjoyable and private aspects of wedding planning as it is time for a couple to concentrate upon each other. I look forward to guiding you in its creation and learning about your personal beliefs and desires.

I honor all religious and cultural traditions, I have performed over 500 wedding ceremonies and I can guarantee that I will make your day a magical memory for your family and friends.

I look forward to working with you. Email me at bettina.y@mac.com to set up a consultation!

About Me:

I was made in Greece, assembled in Australia and I am a direct import to the United States. I’m also a proud American citizen.

Spending my formative years in Australia exposed me to the nature of Celebrancy; my stepfather is himself a Celebrant. Australia, like America, is a land populated by migrants from all over the world who have enriched their new home with diverse cultures and rituals. In 1973, the Australian government recognized the need for civil marriages as more and more couples shared different cultural and spiritual beliefs. I can rely on my background and education to guide you through this exciting time.

I have traveled extensively and I'm married to a man from a culture different to my own. I'm a mother and I understand that all people are unique.

I have worked as an actress, singer and motivational speaker. I have been involved in various acts of diplomacy for the Olympic Games in Sydney 2000, Salt Lake City 2002 and Athens 2004. On moving to New York in early 2001, I opened my own Jazz restaurant and became a dedicated volunteer to causes close to my heart including homelessness and hunger. I have a Bachelors degree in the Arts and I graduated from the Celebrant Foundation and Institute in New Jersey and am licensed to solemnize marriages in New York State and the Tri-State area.

bettina9

Weddings by Bettina 6
Weddings by Bettina 7

Jamie M · Getting married on 03/09/2021

Delightful & fun

Bettina was a delightful officiant and true partner in making our ceremony special. She was easy to speak to and agile in her approach. I loved how we were able to add a little bit of tradition and at the same time keep it our own. Thank you Bettina!

Sent on 10/08/2019
  • Eric

Eric Z · Getting married on 11/05/2019

Perfect personal wedding ceremony

Bettina is amazing! We were doing a small, non-traditional ceremony and we wanted it to be very personal but didn't have clear ideas about how to put it together. Bettina really helped us shape it into a coherent flow, inject it with humor and personal touches, and give it profound and personal meaning. Her spirit and energy are incredible. So many people have told us how perfect our wedding was (and how great she was), and we wouldn't change a thing about it. Bettina is absolutely the right person to trust for officiating your wedding day.

Sent on 05/25/2019

Michael Giordano · Married on 09/20/2019

Thank you Bettina!!

My wife and I are very happy after working with Bettina. We felt a connection with her right from the first phone call and knew immediately we wanted her to be our Officiant. She has a terrific warmth and energy and was very attentive to our vision for the ceremony. She always worked around our schedule, kept things organized for us, and helped to alleviate a lot of the pressure leading up to the big day. Beyond easy to work with. We highly recommend her as an Officiant. Thank you Bettina!

Sent on 10/03/2019

Weddings by Bettina FAQ

• What is the typical price for your wedding services? $ 950.00
  • What is the starting price for your wedding services? $ 500.00
  • What religious affiliations do you serve? Agnostic, Anglican, Baha'i Faith, Baptist, Buddhist, Catholic, Episcopalian, Evangelical, Hindu, Islam, Jainism, Jewish, Lutheran, Methodist, Mormon, No Denomination, Orthodox Christian, Presbyterian, Quaker, Shinto, Sikhism, Taoist

• New York, 10009 See on map