New York, NY 10009 Map · Phone number

About Weddings by Bettina

Planning your wedding ceremony is a process of exploration and discovery, it can be one of the more enjoyable and private aspects of wedding planning as it is time for a couple to concentrate upon each other. I look forward to guiding you in its creation and learning about your personal beliefs and desires.

I honor all religious and cultural traditions, I have performed over 500 wedding ceremonies and I can guarantee that I will make your day a magical memory for your family and friends.

I look forward to working with you. Email me at bettina.y@mac.com to set up a consultation!

About Me:

I was made in Greece, assembled in Australia and I am a direct import to the United States. I’m also a proud American citizen.

Spending my formative years in Australia exposed me to the nature of Celebrancy; my stepfather is himself a Celebrant. Australia, like America, is a land populated by migrants from all over the world who have enriched their new home with diverse cultures and rituals. In 1973, the Australian government recognized the need for civil marriages as more and more couples shared different cultural and spiritual beliefs. I can rely on my background and education to guide you through this exciting time.

I have traveled extensively and I'm married to a man from a culture different to my own. I'm a mother and I understand that all people are unique.

I have worked as an actress, singer and motivational speaker. I have been involved in various acts of diplomacy for the Olympic Games in Sydney 2000, Salt Lake City 2002 and Athens 2004. On moving to New York in early 2001, I opened my own Jazz restaurant and became a dedicated volunteer to causes close to my heart including homelessness and hunger. I have a Bachelors degree in the Arts and I graduated from the Celebrant Foundation and Institute in New Jersey and am licensed to solemnize marriages in New York State and the Tri-State area.

bettina9

Weddings by Bettina 7
  • Eric

Eric Z · Getting married on 11/05/2019

Perfect personal wedding ceremony

Bettina is amazing! We were doing a small, non-traditional ceremony and we wanted it to be very personal but didn't have clear ideas about how to put it together. Bettina really helped us shape it into a coherent flow, inject it with humor and personal touches, and give it profound and personal meaning. Her spirit and energy are incredible. So many people have told us how perfect our wedding was (and how great she was), and we wouldn't change a thing about it. Bettina is absolutely the right person to trust for officiating your wedding day.

Sent on 05/25/2019

Kari · Married on 07/13/2019

We love Bettina!!

Bettina was AMAZING to work with. Her charisma, heart and humor came across in our ceremony and made it so special. She took the time to really get to know us before the wedding and it made the ceremony feel intimate and not boring or rehearsed (like other weddings we’ve been to). Friends and family couldn’t stop raving about her and some even assumed she was a friend of ours because of how comfortable we were with her and how it seemed like she knew everything about our relationship. My husband’s cousin mentioned she wants to use Bettina for her future wedding and she doesn’t even have a boyfriend yet! She even came up with this cute pizza and wine idea that was the hit of our ceremony. Bettina was the best vendor at our wedding by far and we couldn’t recommend her enough.

Sent on 07/28/2019

Brittany Rae · Married on 07/07/2019

Wedding perfection!

In one word? PERFECTION! Bettina created a ceremony that was magical in every way. She is dedicated to create a ceremony that speaks to you and your partner. My guests were RAVING (and still are) about what a perfect ceremony my husband and I had!! We are so thankful to have found Bettina!

Sent on 07/25/2019

Weddings by Bettina FAQ

• What is the typical price for your wedding services? $ 950.00
  • What is the starting price for your wedding services? $ 500.00
  • What religious affiliations do you serve? Agnostic, Anglican, Baha'i Faith, Baptist, Buddhist, Catholic, Episcopalian, Evangelical, Hindu, Islam, Jainism, Jewish, Lutheran, Methodist, Mormon, No Denomination, Orthodox Christian, Presbyterian, Quaker, Shinto, Sikhism, Taoist

• New York, 10009 See on map