New York, NY 10009 Map · Phone number

About Weddings by Bettina

Planning your wedding ceremony is a process of exploration and discovery, it can be one of the more enjoyable and private aspects of wedding planning as it is time for a couple to concentrate upon each other. I look forward to guiding you in its creation and learning about your personal beliefs and desires.

I honor all religious and cultural traditions, I have performed over 500 wedding ceremonies and I can guarantee that I will make your day a magical memory for your family and friends.

I look forward to working with you. Email me at bettina.y@mac.com to set up a consultation!

About Me:

I was made in Greece, assembled in Australia and I am a direct import to the United States. I’m also a proud American citizen.

Spending my formative years in Australia exposed me to the nature of Celebrancy; my stepfather is himself a Celebrant. Australia, like America, is a land populated by migrants from all over the world who have enriched their new home with diverse cultures and rituals. In 1973, the Australian government recognized the need for civil marriages as more and more couples shared different cultural and spiritual beliefs. I can rely on my background and education to guide you through this exciting time.

I have traveled extensively and I'm married to a man from a culture different to my own. I'm a mother and I understand that all people are unique.

I have worked as an actress, singer and motivational speaker. I have been involved in various acts of diplomacy for the Olympic Games in Sydney 2000, Salt Lake City 2002 and Athens 2004. On moving to New York in early 2001, I opened my own Jazz restaurant and became a dedicated volunteer to causes close to my heart including homelessness and hunger. I have a Bachelors degree in the Arts and I graduated from the Celebrant Foundation and Institute in New Jersey and am licensed to solemnize marriages in New York State and the Tri-State area.

bettina9
bettina

39 Reviews for Weddings by Bettina

Lindsey · Married on 04/06/2019

Perfect!!!

Bettina was exactly what we were looking for in an officiant. She's charismatic, warm, and very open to working with you to design your ideal ceremony. So many of our guests commented on the excellent job Bettina did during our ceremony. Thank you, Bettina!

Sent on 05/09/2019
  • tevon

tevon · Married on 10/06/2018

A+ Wedding Celebrant!

We were so lucky to have found Bettina! After seeing her perform a friends ceremony, my now husband and I knew that she was the perfect person to marry us. Professional, eloquent, and personal - she made our wedding ceremony one that we will never forget.

From our first meeting, Bettina walked us through the ceremony and what to expect on our wedding day. Bettina helped us navigate tricky family dynamics and traditions. Bettina listened to us and our story and created a beautiful ceremont that spoke to us as a couple. She was also available for us throughout our engagement, and traveled to Nantucket to perform our ceremony. Everyone loved getting to know her!

Our guests are still talking about her sweet words, thoughtfulness, and the care she took in officiating our ceremony. We are so thankful to Bettina and appreciate all she did for us!

Sent on 10/16/2018

Alicia · Married on 09/22/2018

Bettina was perfect for us. She created such a beautiful celebration for us. Our initial meeting was very comfortable and since we live in the same neighborhood she had us over and walked us hand by hand through the mechanics of starting our journey. She crafted her beautiful ideas of what she thought captured our wedding ceremony. We collaborated to emphasize the things that resonated with us and to excise those that didn't. She was flexible and open minded and supportive and told us when she thought our ideas wouldn't work and encouraged us when she thought they would. she certainly went with our ideas even when they didn't follow her suggestions, for example, when we wanted to use the traditional vows in spite of her encouragement that we write our own. We corresponded often between the time we first contacted her and the next in-person meeting nearly a year later. we met at a tiny coffee shop in the east village in the pouring rain and amidst all the hipsters emoting over their macbooks she conducted the wedding rehearsal and it was wonderful.

she is really funny and she adapts on the fly to all the different conditions. We married at the W Hoboken out on Lulu's terrace, which can be really noisy with all the different sounds of the waterfront and she used levity to keep things going even when the inevitable helicopters passed right overhead or the car with the enormous stereo drove by. she was fast and efficient which we really appreciated, as New Yorker's who strive to be fast and efficient. we cannot recommend her highly enough.

Sent on 09/24/2018

Weddings by Bettina FAQ

• What is the typical price for your wedding services? $ 950.00
  • What is the starting price for your wedding services? $ 500.00
  • What religious affiliations do you serve? Agnostic, Anglican, Baha'i Faith, Baptist, Buddhist, Catholic, Episcopalian, Evangelical, Hindu, Islam, Jainism, Jewish, Lutheran, Methodist, Mormon, No Denomination, Orthodox Christian, Presbyterian, Quaker, Shinto, Sikhism, Taoist

• New York, 10009 See on map