New York, NY 10009 Map · Phone number

About Weddings by Bettina

Planning your wedding ceremony is a process of exploration and discovery, it can be one of the more enjoyable and private aspects of wedding planning as it is time for a couple to concentrate upon each other. I look forward to guiding you in its creation and learning about your personal beliefs and desires.

I honor all religious and cultural traditions, I have performed over 500 wedding ceremonies and I can guarantee that I will make your day a magical memory for your family and friends.

I look forward to working with you. Email me at bettina.y@mac.com to set up a consultation!

About Me:

I was made in Greece, assembled in Australia and I am a direct import to the United States. I’m also a proud American citizen.

Spending my formative years in Australia exposed me to the nature of Celebrancy; my stepfather is himself a Celebrant. Australia, like America, is a land populated by migrants from all over the world who have enriched their new home with diverse cultures and rituals. In 1973, the Australian government recognized the need for civil marriages as more and more couples shared different cultural and spiritual beliefs. I can rely on my background and education to guide you through this exciting time.

I have traveled extensively and I'm married to a man from a culture different to my own. I'm a mother and I understand that all people are unique.

I have worked as an actress, singer and motivational speaker. I have been involved in various acts of diplomacy for the Olympic Games in Sydney 2000, Salt Lake City 2002 and Athens 2004. On moving to New York in early 2001, I opened my own Jazz restaurant and became a dedicated volunteer to causes close to my heart including homelessness and hunger. I have a Bachelors degree in the Arts and I graduated from the Celebrant Foundation and Institute in New Jersey and am licensed to solemnize marriages in New York State and the Tri-State area.

• Rev. Francesca Manisco
bettina

59 Reviews for Weddings by Bettina

Jamie M · Getting married on 03/09/2021

Delightful & fun

Bettina was a delightful officiant and true partner in making our ceremony special. She was easy to speak to and agile in her approach. I loved how we were able to add a little bit of tradition and at the same time keep it our own. Thank you Bettina!

Sent on 10/08/2019
  • Victoria

Victoria Freise · Married on 02/12/2020

Absolutely perfect ceremony

My husband and I met with a few officiants before we met Bettina. We were really looking for someone we connected with and felt comfortable with.. Bettina's warmth made it impossible not to connect with her. She had us in her home for our first meeting where we went into a lot of details about our relationship, our families, and our life together. It was like a mini therapy session which was amazing. She was very clear about everything that would take place prior to our wedding, and sent us a questionnaire that my husband and I were to fill out independently and she would create our ceremony draft from there. She was more than willing to incorporate any religious affiliations, if any, which we didn't have but it's great to know she is accomodating for everyone. The draft she sent us was pretty much perfect and we were so thrilled to have her officiate our ceremony. On our wedding day, everything turned out perfect. Everyone laughed, cried, and enjoyed our ceremony as much as we did. Bettina, you are fabulous and we hope to meet again soon!

Sent on 03/29/2020
  • Eric

Eric Z · Married on 11/05/2019

Perfect personal wedding ceremony

Bettina is amazing! We were doing a small, non-traditional ceremony and we wanted it to be very personal but didn't have clear ideas about how to put it together. Bettina really helped us shape it into a coherent flow, inject it with humor and personal touches, and give it profound and personal meaning. Her spirit and energy are incredible. So many people have told us how perfect our wedding was (and how great she was), and we wouldn't change a thing about it. Bettina is absolutely the right person to trust for officiating your wedding day.

Sent on 05/25/2019

Weddings by Bettina's reply:

As if I am ever going to forget this day in history? There was too much love in the air and the sky was that blue that makes your heart soar. I know I don't see Eric on Insta, but I do love my Thea there.

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2020 Winner

Weddings by Bettina FAQ

• What is the typical price for your wedding services?
    $ 950
  • What is the starting price for your wedding services?
    $ 500
  • What types of weddings and events do you provide services for?
    Non-religious
    Interfaith
    Civil Union
    Single Religion
  • What religious affiliations do you serve?
    Agnostic
    Sikhism
    Taoist

• New York, 10009 See on map
    6466206131 (Phone number)
    Location of (Weddings by Bettina)