Mira Savara Events LLC Reviews

49 | Honolulu, HI

49 Reviews for Mira Savara Events LLC

Rooma · Married on 05/27/2016

Mira is absolutely amazing as a wedding planner and is such a sweet person! I couldn't imagine the wedding being a success without her there to coordinate it. My husband and I are from Texas but got married in Honolulu and booked everything sight unseen with Mira's help. Once we decided on a wedding venue, she visited the venue and helped us do a walk-through of it over video chat to make sure it fit our expectations. We also booked another venue for our Mendhi party and Mira found us the perfect house for it and took lots of pictures and videos of the place since we couldn't see it in person.

Her attention to detail and organization skills impressed me throughout the process. This was reflected in her detailed timeline of events, coordination of vendors, and high quality results she delivered. I also felt like she went above and beyond to make every aspect of the wedding memorable. The Mendhi party especially blew me away and I know a lot of our guests commented that we could have just done that as our wedding because it felt so special. Mira coordinated all the décor for the Mendhi party with very limited input from me and a small budget. The end result was way better than I could have ever imagined!

Mira's hard work and dedication could be felt throughout our wedding from personalizing the mandap, coordinating a practice setup session for the event day since we had a tight setup window, always being available for a phone call, and many other aspects. I'm sure there were many more things behind the scenes I wasn't even aware of. While planning a destination wedding was challenging, Mira being there to guide us through it with her extensive experience made it a lot more manageable. We didn't make it easy on her either. She was incredibly patient as she had to deal with me being a picky bride and multiple opinions within the family but she was always a professional and found ways to help us compromise.

I would absolutely recommend Mira to anyone!

Sent on 12/28/2016

Priti · Married on 04/14/2016

Words really aren't enough to describe how incredibly amazing Mira was and is. I first contacted her over a year before my wedding and, despite me not even signing with her, she spent hours dispensing information to me and my mom. Fast forward six months later and we were back to getting married in Hawaii (we wanted to make sure :) ) and she jumped right in as if we were never MIA.

Mira spent hours upon hours (probably DAYS) on the phone with me and my mom and was an incredible wealth of information. She helped me find all my amazing vendors! Leading up to the wedding she kept me in check, made sure things were good with my mom (who is VERY hard to please), and on the weekend of the wedding she was spot on the entire time. First of all, she was only supposed to help with our Friday night and Saturday events but she on her own flew in two days early to help us with our Wed/THurs events...she even offered to pay her own room for the extra time she came in!!!! Through all the wedding events, Mira kept everything running smoothly.

I could not have imagined getting through a wedding in paradise without her--she is MUCH MUCH more than a wedding planner to me. She is truly another mom to me and I am so so grateful to have her in my life and have met her through this process. Literally, even six months after my wedding, family members and I all talk about her and miss her and can't wait until she comes visits us in Chicago! To speak to what an amazing person is, just a couple weeks ago my husband and I opened up a sweet package from her with 2 Hawaii starbucks mugs and tons of sweets, chocolates, and nuts from Hawaii! I know much of what I'm saying is describing what kind of person she is, but let me tell you, she KNOWS EVERYONE in Hawaii (Maui was where we got married) and is on top of EVERYTHING. I didnt have to worry about a thing the whole time. She is a godsend--do not hesitate to get Mira on board the minute you decide you are getting married in Hawaii.

Sent on 12/29/2016

Avinash · Married on 11/22/2015

Mira did an incredible job planning our wedding. We don't live in Hawaii so it was more or less impossible for us to plan and organize our wedding from the mainland. Mira connected us to a great venue and hotel, wonderful vendors and her staff helped ensure that our wedding went off without any issues. We also had two weddings (an Indian and Western wedding) and even with some last second planning and decisions, Mira made sure that our weddings were everything that we could have hoped for.

I highly recommend Mira for any wedding in Hawaii. She'll make sure that your wedding will be wonderful and memorable!

Sent on 03/03/2016

Ankur · Married on 05/30/2015

We cannot thank Mira enough for helping us plan and execute our dream wedding! Ankur and I live in LA, but really wanted to get married in Kauai at the St. Regis, where we had our first vacation together a year prior. We wanted our wedding to be intimate, beautiful, and a traditional Hindu ceremony, but we had no local knowledge of vendors and our hotel had little knowledge of Indian wedding traditions.
    Mira spent hours on the phone with us just understanding our personalities – and through these calls, we established a great working relationship but also a friendship. She introduced us to her favorite vendors (and trust us, Mira has done this for a long time so she knows the best of the best!). She helped us meet the best, most entertaining DJ, who knew all about Bollywood and Bhangra songs so that he could lead Ankur’s bharaat. She found a white horse on the island that would walk through the sand to our mandap. She even coordinated with our Hindu priest to make sure that all the necessary items would be available, and if we couldn’t find them on the island, Mira had them shipped ahead of time. When we met her in person during a weekend visit, she was tireless – always making sure that we got what we wanted and handling the details and logistics so that Ankur and I could enjoy the process.We know our dream wedding happened because of all the effort Mira put into our special weekend. Without her, we would have been amiss of all of the little details and completely disorganized (and not to mention off with all of our proposed times!). From the Thursday henna party (where Mira surprised me with a completely decorated room – from colorful pillows to her own dhol which she played!) to the dress rehearsal (where she made sure everyone knew where to be and when), she kept the "flow" flowing - and she helped make our vision a reality. We would whole-heartedly recommend Mira as a wedding coordinator!

Sent on 06/24/2015

Arnab · Married on 05/03/2015

We contacted Mira about a year before our wedding. We decided to do a destination fusion wedding in Hawaii and didn't really have a good idea of what we were looking for. Mira talked us through options and worked within our budget. There were a lot of details to manage and Mira had a firm grasp on everything; she had constructed a manuscript for the entire event!

We were very pleased w/ her suggestions for florist, decorators, videographer and the MC. They had great attitude w/ us and have a lot of respect for her.

Everyone who attended the wedding was very impressed; it all came together spectacularly. We still hear about the food from our guests to this day and the venue was beautiful.

It felt Mira was planning a wedding for one of her own family members and the results certainly showed it!

Sent on 07/19/2015

Finding Mira was one of the best things that has ever happened to me. She is undeniably the single most important vendor that we hired for our Indian-Chinese destination wedding in Maui.

Mira is incredibly organized -- she keeps accurate records of everything and remembers the most recent changes and updates for everything, down to the tiniest detail. She is very detail-oriented. She is very adept at modern communication -- she can write well organized emails, promptly responds to text messages/emails, calls on time when we have set a phone date, and she can even make diagrams on the computer and email them. She addresses every little thing that you communicate to her. Nothing is overlooked. All very impressive for a sweet Indian auntie! She actually cares!

I was so happy to find a planner that is very familiar with the Gujarati culture as well as Chinese culture. She was able to help me through the wedding traditions and make sure everything was appropriate as well as beautiful. Mira is FULL OF ENERGY... and I think it is partly because she has a genuine passion for what she does. She LOVES weddings :) She knows so many vendors and made excellent recommendations, while keeping our budget in mind. She can do high-end/extravagant or low-cost/budget-friendly options. She is an excellent coordinator and made sure all of the other vendors were doing their jobs well. All events were on time and set-ups were perfect. She is able to help the guests flow from event to event seamlessly. I was so happy the entire week and everything just happened exactly as planned--better than planned! Mira also way undercharges for her services -- she is worth every penny and more.

I cannot say enough good things about Mira. My now husband and I really do feel lucky that we have crossed paths with her. We had an absolutely magical time at our wedding and are still SO HAPPY with everything. We got our dream wedding -- huge thanks to Mira!

Sent on 12/21/2014

Reshma · Married on 11/29/2014

Mira is an exceptional wedding planner! Not only has she taken such good care of our family before and during our wedding, she also genuinely understands the needs of a bride and planning a wedding anywhere in Hawaii. From helping to plan which island we should pick, and providing us her vast hotel and restaurant connections, she knows which vendors and decorators will give you exactly the look you are going for while understand your budget and esthetic. For anyone looking to plan an South Asian destination wedding in Hawaii look no further then Mira and her team!

Sent on 08/12/2015

Nirav · Married on 10/10/2014

Mira and her team are wonderful. They took such wonderful care of my wife and I. And we couldn't have had that magical moment with each other without all of what Mira does.

Sent on 12/27/2014

Kulsoom · Married on 08/15/2014

It doesn't get much better than working with Mira for your wedding planning! Mira's professionalism, expertise in destination weddings and knowledge of Pakistani/Indian weddings makes her a dream to work with. Mira and her team coordinated a destination wedding reception for us at the Halekulani in August and did an amazing job. She worked diligently with the chef and hotel staff to ensure they met our dietary needs and created a meal that our guests still rave about. Mira goes above and beyond in making sure you and your guests have an amazing time at the your wedding. She even brought decorations for a small family event we had the night before the wedding. She was a dream to work with and makes you feel like you are working with family to plan your wedding. Mira only works with the best vendors in Hawaii, so you only get the best for your wedding. I would recommend Mira to all my friends and family and anyone who is looking for a wedding planner in Hawaii.

Sent on 10/11/2014

Radhika · Married on 06/20/2014

We had the wonderful opportunity to begin working with Mira nearly 1 year before our wedding date on June 20, 2014. A destination wedding seemed scary yet extremely exciting at the same time and I knew I needed to work with someone in Oahu who understood both the Punjabi and Tamil traditions to incorporate in our wedding. I was so relieved when I came across Mira's wedding planning websites and her contact information and we immediately called her. My first impression was such a great one of Mira's. She was energetic, passionate, sincere, and understood right off the bat what type of a wedding we wanted. I knew from then we had to go with Mira as she would ultimately deliver our dream wedding and she definitely did! I should say surpassed both of our expectations.

She did such an amazing job of keeping our families balanced while at the same time delivering on all of our needs some of them surprise needs the week before the wedding. She did so with a cool and collected demeanor and always arrived on site with a smile on her face. Mira works so hard to ensure that each bride and groom are the happiest and have the wedding they always dreamed of. There were even elements that Mira added to each of our events that were a surprise to us but that she felt would be amazing to do and it looked so beautiful. Most importantly she made sure that my husband and I were taken care of so we were not the ones stressing about all the details and had our backs the entire time so we could have a wonderful time during our wedding events which we did. She also became our family and part of the gang too as she mingled with our guests and ensured everyone was taken care of and felt at ease which we really appreciated. Again, this was not something we asked for but just how Mira is. It was the most beautiful wedding in our eyes and we had the most amazing time in Hawaii with our families and friends. We will forever be grateful to Mira for our dream wedding!

Sent on 10/22/2014

Kabir · Married on 05/16/2014

As soon as I proposed to my now wife, I embarked on a post-engagement high that I still have not returned from. That being said, I knew that the eventual planning of a wedding needed to be taken care of. It soon became clear what lay ahead of us, the all-encompassing logistics of an Indian wedding. That being said, we complicated the issue by deciding to have an Indian destination wedding, preferably on the Hawaiian Islands.

After much deliberation, the one thing that helped our decision was coming across Mira Savara’s website. Having a local expert available to be our eyes and ears for our special event planning supported the notion of a Hawaiian island destination wedding. The one thing that should be mentioned is that our situation was much different than most. I was based in Saskatoon, Canada and Shilpa in Chicago, USA. Our distance plus the distance of our proposed wedding was complicated to say the least.

At this juncture of the story, our hero, Mira Savara enters. From day one, there was a complete sense of calm and reassurance that enveloped our entire wedding journey. Mira’s vast experience allowed her to understand what would be necessary for both a Sikh and Hindu tropical island destination wedding. Every detail, every vendor was wonderfully coordinated. Our four-day wedding extravaganza was an event never to be forgotten. Mira and her team ensured a flawless coordination of all events and vendors.

Mira started as our wedding planner but soon became part of our family. She makes you feel like family from the very beginning and loves and cherishes your wedding vision as it if was her own. Our beautiful day could not have come to its beautiful fruition without Mira.

Kabir & Shilpa Virdi

Sent on 12/08/2014

Where do I begin? Mira Savara and her staff helped plan my week long Hindu wedding in Oahu. They are an absolutely amazing and talented team. They go above and beyond to make every bride's dream become a dream that is tangible. I can't imagine this being an easy task!

Mira, the wedding planner, possesses so much love, energy, determination, passion and compassion. It is truly a blessing to be able to work with her, especially during such an important time in you life. It honestly did not even hit me that I was a Bride, until I met Mira! To say she makes her Brides feel special, would be the understatement of the century!

What makes Mira the perfect wedding planner is her Vision, which I believe is based both on her Brides and her expertise. She takes the time to get to know you and is thus able to make tailored suggestions to create a unique wedding while it still reflects who you are. She is imaginative, creative and pays close attention to detail-and for those indecisive Brides, like myself, these traits of Mira's can save the day!

My family and I live on the mainland, so the thought of planning a destination wedding sounded like a daunting task. But we were extremely fortunate to have had Mira Savara Events by our side helping us through each and every step along the way. It simply would not have been possible without them.

Our wedding week exceeded any and all expectations we had. It was an actual dream come true. We will always keep the amazing memories we created together near and dear to our hearts...not only of our wedding week, but also the entire planning process leading up to the Big Day! I never knew wedding planning could be so much fun-and that is all thanks to the fabulous Mira Savara.

Sent on 07/31/2014

Mira Savara in a word is INCREDIBLE. She is the smartest, kindest, most skilled, organized and passionate wedding planner in Hawaii.

She made my dream wedding come true--without a hitch--literally, and contributed so many amazing ideas. I could not have imagined a more perfect wedding and I could not have done it without her. My guests, friends and family were in awe. She gives 200% and is always full of life, love and understanding. I really can't say enough about her and how highly I would recommend her.

She planned not only one wedding but two weddings for me (one Indian and one Western), along with a welcome night, Mendhi day and Sangeet/Henna party. She went above and beyond in every occasion and is extremely accommodating, knowledgeable and experienced. She has become my Indian mother :) and truly made my wedding days so enjoyable and stress-free. If you are thinking about hiring her--do it! It is well worth it!! I honestly would not recommend doing an Indian wedding in Hawaii without her. I grew up in Hawaii but was planning the destination wedding from Hong Kong, and she made the experience so smooth and easy. She is willing to work within your budget and help in any way she can.

We love Mira Savara and can never thank her enough for the amazing, once in a lifetime experiences and memories she has given us.

Sent on 05/12/2014

Anthony · Married on 01/19/2014

It's important to note the star scores: 5 out of 5 all the way. That is a true, honest assessment of Mira's skills and results.

As my (now) wife said, Mira is like a combination Favorite Auntie and Fortune 500 CEO: she is affectionate, on-task, warm, briskly organized, a light-touch, and direct. Mira ensured that all of our needs were accommodated in every way: budgetary, lifestyle, aesthetic. She brought many great ideas to the table that were relevant not only to us but our Hawaii wedding, taking some normally mundane events to new heights. Best of all, at no time was she not 100% on our side and in our court.

Our wedding was neither "huge-budget" nor "grand-luxe," but Mira's planning and vendor recommendations made our guests feel that is was the most fancy, luxe wedding they had ever attended. Hearing this at the end of a wedding weekend is both a relief and a thrill for a bride and groom.

The value for money from working with Mira was, truly, off the charts. We miss working with her and urge everyone considering a Hawaii Hindu wedding to call her first.

As a matter of fact you'll be so happy that you'll want to invite me and my wife to your wedding, and we graciously accept your invitation! Thank you SO MUCH! Please let Mira know and she will make sure we're put in contact with you and we will be there...ocean view, please!

Sent on 05/04/2014

Victor · Married on 12/31/2013

Special thanks to a woman who transcends the line from a typical wedding planner into a member of the family. Mira is simply amazing and her work constantly exceeded our expectations. Mira is very thoughtful and took care of every detail. We were stunned at how beautiful everything came out. Without her and her knowledgable staff, our Hawaii wedding would have lacked luster, finesse and class. She has elevated our event from just another wedding to something that we will remember and cherish forever. Thanks Mira, Allie & Gorkul!

Sent on 02/08/2014

Miraji is an amazing wedding planner! She did my sister's destination wedding in Maui (an island different from the one on which she lives) and did an absolutely fantastic job! I true my cannot give her enough praise. I am considering having my wedding in Hawaii just so I can use her as a wedding planner :)

First of all, Mira is incredibly organized. Everything went off without a hitch. My sister's wedding was three days long with five major events and 150 out of town guests and Mira had everything going like clockwork (and I don't mean Indian standard time).

Second, she had the energy of a four-year-old and she really goes the extra mile. She decorated the venues beautifully, even for the smaller poojas. She even sings and plays the dhol!

But what really makes miraji special is how much she loves what she does. She has such a passion for wedding planning and it really shows. Use miraji as your wedding planner and your wedding will be spectacular because it will be the result of "a passion put to use."

Sent on 10/29/2013

Shaheen · Married on 10/06/2013

Mira was worth her weight in gold. Having a destination wedding is never easy and having an Indian destination wedding is even harder. I can't believe how perfectly she planned and executed everything. As the bride, I was able to enjoy every moment and not worry about the details. Mira planned every event down to the last detail. She decorates, supervises, sings, dances, whistles...she does it all. She is worth every penny, every minute, every hour. Her love and passion for what she does is what makes her so special. It's as if she is getting her own daughter married. The worst part is that I will miss talking to Mira. She became a part of our family. Thank you Mira for making my wedding so memorable, I could not have done it without you!!

Sent on 10/29/2013

This review comes late, but better late than never. My Oahu Sikh wedding was everything I could have imagined it to be. It was small and simple, yet dreamy and my own personal paradise. Mira helped me with absolutely every aspect of my wedding...venues, food, photographers, videography, DJ, Hawaiian entertainment, decor, makeup and hair, flowers, jago and maiyaan, mendhi, EVERYTHING. She listened to what I wanted, even when I didn't really know what I wanted, and within only 2 months of the date, found the perfect location for my reception...the Coconut Grove at Royal Hawaiian. It was absolutely breath-taking. It was tropical and beautiful. There was music flowing, the trees were lit in jewel-tone colors, and everyone was dancing. It felt surreal. Even now, when I remember back on that day, it feels like it was a dream, it was that perfect. Mira made my blurry vision come to life, in a way that I would have never been able to do on my own. From the smell of the ocean and orchids, to the warmth of the sun and the sand under my feet, it was perfect. I owe it all to Mira and I can't thank her enough, not only for helping me plan a beautiful wedding & reception (that EVERYONE talked about for months and months afterwards) but taking care of my worries and concerns and stresses when I needed it the most. My favorite and most cherished thing about Mira....as I was having my mendhi done, Mira sang a wedding geet to me. As everyone else in the family was having a great time doing their thing in Hawaii (which is absolutely what I wanted them to do), it was Mira who made me feel beautiful and special in that moment. Thank you so much Mira, not only for making my wedding an absolute dream come true, but for showing me so much kindness and love.

Sent on 03/30/2016

Maile · Married on 06/07/2013

Mira is amazing. You need someone who has experience, is high energy, and capable of doing everything all of which sounds impossible. However Mira is the total package. No matter what kind of event you are doing, you can expect to actually enjoy the event because Mira is going to do a great job with all of the logistics. She has so many contacts all over and everyone enjoys working with her, so you're going to get everyones best efforts.

Sent on 05/21/2014

Gopal · Married on 05/25/2013

I am the father of 3 daughters and we performed the 3rd daughter's wedding in Kauai with the help of Mira Savara. There are no words to describe how competent,pleasant, and professional she was. My daughters loved her as one of our own relatives and all the attendees went home with the feeling thaat they witnessed a historical wedding. Mira helped us perform a traditional South Indian wedding on the beach-a task not for a run-of-the-mill planner! Mira understood our concepts and helped us in every aspect of the wedding. The bride, the groom, and all relatives were ecstatic about this wedding and we expect Mira to get more business from the word of mouth. Thank you Mira.

Sent on 06/03/2013

Our wedding day included 2 ceremonies and venues. Even before we officially hired her, Mira was so helpful in deciding what island, venue, etc. She tries to understand your "vision" and takes one's budget into consideration.

She gives a vendor list, and they’re all amazing. We were SO happy with our choices. It's clear that the vendors work with her often and think highly of her. She's respectful of all the vendors on the list, but in hindsight we wish we simply asked her bluntly which she recommends the most. That would've saved us time in terms of discussions with each vendor (of course, sometimes that process is necessary to feel like you made the right choice).

We contacted most vendors ourselves and set up the details, contracts, etc. Mira was fine with this, but for a few of the vendors she makes those arrangements herself and adds that to the overall fees. We suspect that she'd be fine being more involved in the vendor arrangements for those who prefer that. We wanted to take care of all payments, etc pre-wedding so preferred to do that all independently. Her overall fee is very reasonable. She is upfront that it does not include event staff, etc which of course makes sense.

Once we arrived in Oahu, she met with us at both venues to go through last minute details. Two days before the wedding she also noticed that one venue was charging far too much for the sound system. She picked up the phone, contacted a DJ friend of hers and arranged that for the wedding day saving us a decent amount of money.

Mira was really great in directing events and guests during the actual wedding. Sometimes you need to say things to guests that’s hard for family members to do. Mira does this politely, respectfully, but definitely also effectively. She was really, really great at the wedding.

The most important point - we absolutely loved our wedding. It exceeded our expectations by far. Absolutely no complaints. So thank you Mira!

Sent on 06/16/2013

Jayshri · Married on 04/20/2013

My destination wedding was a complete success due to the support I received from Mira and her team. I live in London and getting to Kauai, HI to work on the wedding was not possible. Unlike other wedding planners Mira worked with me side by side having in-depth phone calls even visiting the venue for me and then to top it off arriving to the venue TWO days in advance to finalize the last minute details with me. She is the best wedding planner any bride can have. She even helped ensure to manage my budget carefully. She took care of the details for me as if I was her own child.

Sent on 05/08/2013

Anita · Married on 02/09/2013

Mira truly loves what she does, and that shows with the high quality of her work. She is not just a wedding planner - she puts her heart into her job. I felt like she was my friend, or even part of the family! The recommendations she made always had my best interest in my mind - she really listens to you and comes up with creative ideas to make the wedding just perfect. She even throws in lovely surprises, such as decorating my family Mendhi party with colorful Indian decorations, bringing music to play, and even getting the dance party started. My guests felt comfortable with her, and loved the fact that she was so outgoing, and just happy to be there. We got married in Maui, and had many wedding events that were all organized with the help and guidance Mira - Welcome Party on a boat, outdoor Sangeet, Wedding ceremony, Wedding reception, and farewell brunch. She handled everything from bringing someone to tie all my bridesmaids sari, finding me henna artist, to coordinating timelines/logistics with all my vendors. I would (and have!) recommend Mira to anyone looking for a well-organized, fun, and memorable wedding in Hawaii.

Sent on 06/16/2014

Gitika · Married on 02/01/2013

HIRE MIRA. Thats the bottomline. You will not regret it-- not only does she go over and above, she has an infectious energy and passion for her work that she truly makes wedding planning so much fun! She has also become a dear friend since the wedding as she really is that invested in you and making your event the best it can be. Our 3 day wedding blew my mind and many of our guests are still talking about it-- so much of this is due to Miras endless work and care to make it the best it could possibly be. I can truly say that certain elements of our wedding would not have come through if not for the care and diligence of Mira-- she is not one who takes no for answer... she's just amazing. Cant say enough good things about her. My husband and I know Mira was one of the best things that happened to us at our wedding.

Sent on 09/05/2014