46 Reviews for Michael Lauren Weddings

Consultation (1)
MC (1)
Microphones (1)

My husband and I could not have picked a better DJ for our wedding! Michael was just awesome! We have had nothing but compliments from our guests about our special day. Michael is very knowledgeable about ceremony and reception music. He kept the night fun. The timing of everything was great, and we didn't have to worry about what was coming next. We had some special song requests that Michael made happen for us.

Thank you again Michael for helping to make our wedding perfect! ~ Monica & Spencer

Profile Picture Monica, 9/19/15, 4 Reviews
Services Used: Consultation, MC, Microphones

Music will make or break your event! Michael was well worth the expense for us. My husband and I were very worried about how we would get our guests up and dancing and excited to be at our wedding. Michael totally took care of that! He kept everything going and kept mostly everyone dancing and having a great time. He does all the traditional things and games just the way we wanted it and keeps to the timeline we all decided on together! Everyone had a great time. During the planning process Michael stays in contact and has multiple meetings with his couples and even other vendors to make sure everyone is all on the same page.

Profile Picture User5299043, 2+ years ago, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

The decision to have Michael be our DJ was one of the best decisions we made! We met with him multiple times and we always left feeling better prepared for our special day! He had wonderful ideas and helped keep the flow going the day of the wedding! He offers up lighting, which I would definitely recommend adding on :) would recommend him to anyone!!

Profile Picture Kathryn, 4/4/15, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Michael came to us both highly recommended by our photographer and another friend who had a fabulous experience at her wedding. We had some unusual requests as we wanted classic country during dinner and he pulled it off perfectly. It really reflected our tastes! He was also EXCELLENT at helping us come up with an order for all the events of the evening. Even though we felt like we had been to a bunch of weddings, Michael was actually the one who helped us schedule out the whole evening in the most logical way (not our hotel event coordinator!). The dance party the last 45 minutes or so was everything I had dreamed of!

Profile Picture Victoria, 12/29/14, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Great guy, Michael really cared about our wedding and did everything he could to make the night special. We would recommend him to anyone if they are looking for a worry-free event.

Profile Picture Kurt, 11/7/14, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Mike was amazing to work with from beginning to end. He was flexible - able to meet us wherever we could. Took the time to get to know us beforehand - what kind of music did we like, what would get our friends to dance. He met with us several times leading up to the wedding - and really helped us plan the entire reception flow - beginning to end. He made our night a huge success - it would not have been the same without his great ideas and ability to keep the party going!

Profile Picture Lauren, 10/18/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Michael Lauren was incredibly easy to communicate with. Any time I emailed or called him, we were able to answer all of my questions. As a bride, I found that there were times I was feeling stressed or unsure of how something was going to go for the wedding. Michael Lauren made sure that everything went very smoothly.

Profile Picture Jennifer, 7/5/14, 7 Reviews
Category: DJ

Transitions were huge for us in eliminating dead space, and Mike did an excellent job of ensuring that the flow of the reception was smooth and enjoyable. He put a spin on traditional games/dances to make it more interactive with our guests, and the music was always the right genre for the right time of the night.

Profile Picture Hannah, 6/28/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

If you are in the process of planning your wedding please look no further for your DJ!!
Michael is SO much more than that! He far far surpassed any of our expectations! He takes the time to get to know you and what kind of vision you have in mind for your big day! My now husband and I can not put into words how happy we are he choose us and we were able to have him by our side on our big day! Do NOT miss your opportunity to work with him!!

Profile Picture Christina, 6/7/14, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Michael Lauren Weddings is the reason our wedding reception was a success. Michael does a great job of keeping the party going while focusing the attention of the bride and groom. He is so much fun day of, but also very helpful and full of ideas during the entire planning process. Would HIGHLY recommend him to anyone who is looking for a DJ!

Profile Picture Michelle, 5/31/14, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Michael did a wonderful job coordinating, planning and DJing my wedding reception. Yes, he played music, but even more, he performed the role as our reception coordinator.

I originally thought that I needed to hire someone who could just play music. After seeing positive reviews of Michael’s services online, my fiance’ and I met with him in person. During our meeting, Michael explained how he would do much more than just play music — he would help with planning the reception events, routinely meet with us throughout the whole planning process, make sure the flow of the entire event made sense, etc. And he did exactly that!

We Skyped with Michael on once and also met in person a few times. We also met at our reception site with Michael so he could plan out the event details, the location of the grand entrance, etc. Throughout our planning, Michael also was very prompt to respond via email whenever I reached out with questions, ideas and concerns.

Michael told us time and time again that our job as the couple was to just enjoy our reception; his job was to make sure that it ran smoothly. And he kept that promise. Justin and I had a wonderful time at our reception. We never had any question about what’s next, where do we go, aren’t we supposed to cut the cake? When we needed to perform a specific task at our reception, Michael found us and briefly gave us a reminder.

On the music side of things, our dance floor was crowded the entire night. Of course as the bride and groom, we were busy talking with so many people, so we were not on the dance floor too much. A bridesmaid next day said, “I was on the dance floor the whole night!”

Michael’s planning and organization services combined with his DJ expertise was worth every penny. I would absolutely recommend him to any bride and groom looking for a DJ — and then some. We will forever be grateful for the contribution he made and the hard work he put in on our very special day.

Profile Picture Lauren, 4/26/14, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ, Wedding Planning

Michael was amazing. He met with us 5 times prior to the day of the wedding. Which not only nailed down the feel and flow of the wedding but also put us at ease the day of because we knew what to expect. The flow of the wedding was so important to us considering it was at one venue and on two different levels, so keeping our guests engaged was important. Michael was paramount in executing the flow and it was executed perfectly thanks to him. I had a crisis and wasn't able to use my original processional music and Michael took my new song and gave me the same dramatic pause so the doors to open and I could walk down the isle with the same feel the first song had. During cocktail hour he helped organize all of our guests on the stairway for a picture. Dinner was on a different level of the hotel and he was extraordinary on keeping our guests engaged and getting them back upstairs for the rest of the party. The reception was perfect, I loved how we decided to do the dances; they didn't come off cheesy or rushed like in some weddings. Our guests were split on dancing and socializing (we had a dance room and a lounge) and Michael made the rounds around our lounge to check on how everyone was doing. He really focused on and created the romantic intimate feel we wanted our wedding to have. I am so glad we found him and can't wait to use him again (my parents 50th wedding anniversary is in a few years). Thank you Michael!

Profile Picture Tricia, 1/10/14, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Our wedding reception was amazing and such a fun-filled dance party! I know this was due to Michael's excellent abilities as a DJ, emcee and event planner. Our reception was a multi-cultural event with a third of our guests flying in from Argentina. We needed someone who could blend multiple styles of music and cultures and Michael delivered tenfold!! Michael met with us on at least 4 occasions to discuss not only the music, but also importantly, the flow of the event. This was invaluable. You don't want to have to worry about how the evening will flow and Michael planned it all but was also so flexible the night of the reception with all kinds of last minute additions. I had so many guests, including the reception site staff tell me ours was one of the most fun receptions they'd been to; I know that the music and the flow of the event and Michael's professional yet fun demeanor was a huge contributing factor! Thank you!!!!

Profile Picture User2990182, 2+ years ago, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Michael Lauren Weddings was the best choice my husband and I could have made. He's so much more than just a DJ. He emcee's the entire reception in such a tasteful way. We had the opportunity to meet with him four times before the wedding and he took all of our likes and dislikes into account. He made the evening what we wanted it to be and kept the dance floor occupied all night. I couldn't have asked for a more personable or professional DJ, but what's more is that Michael will make you feel right at home from the very beginning. Do yourself a favor and hire him for your day, you won't regret it.

Profile Picture Jessica, 10/20/12, 3 Reviews
Category: DJ

Michael delivered on everything he said he would. He created a great flow to the event and made it seem effortless. He kept the guests entertained and the dance floor full. We received several comments from our guests on what an exceptional job Michael did as well. My wife and I are very pleased with everything he did and wanted let others know about the fantastic experience he created for us and our guests. If you are looking for a "DJ," sit down and talk with Michael. He'll meet, and probably exceed, your expectations!

Profile Picture User2689415, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Michael Lauren Weddings is a MUST to have!! Michael is more than just a Dj, he is like having a wedding planner dj in one, totally worth every penny! I'm the type of person that has to know every detail. I find myself saying alot of the time if you dont do it yourself it wont get done right not with Michael, I don't know who could of done it any better than him. Michael made my husband and I feel so relaxed and trust me other vendors definitely were pushing us over the edge, he calmed our anxiety. He described how the day would go and everything he said was exactly right, I guess this explains why I was able to stay relaxed and we enjoyed ourselves more than ever! Michael met with us several times and anytime we called he would always be right there even when on vacation, which I felt horrible about. Michael kept the party going there was NEVER a time when our guest or my husband and I had to say what the heck is he playing, and trust me keeping 400 people of all different ages entertained and happy can definitely be a challenge! Michael kept the dance floor packed ALL night long never once was it empty! We probably needed a bigger dance floor to tell you the truth. Nobody wanted the night to end. The only complaint we got from everyone regarding the dj is that the next day their feet were killing them from dancing all night, but they all said they would do it again and wished it wasn't over. Michael thanks so much for all your hard work and time we are truly appreciative for it!

Profile Picture Carrie, 6/16/12, 1 Review
Category: DJ

We met with other DJs and once we sat down with Mike, the decision was obvious. He was so great! He made the process of deciding on music so easy. The whole day ran smoother for having him there. Every activity was coordinated, and he gave us plenty of time to get ready without feeling rushed. When we had small last minute snags, he made the transition to plan B really effortless. He was also in contact with our other vendors to make sure everyone was on the same page. So glad he was there!

Profile Picture Katie, 5/19/12, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Absolutely the most professional, personalized, and valued part of our wedding. We met with Michael several times before our wedding, he was receptive, supportive, and guiding of any/all ideas that we had. Together we were able to put together a package that was a reflection of my wife and myself all while far exceeding my expectations on our wedding day. Our guests are still asking about our DJ, who he was, where we found him, etc... Bottom line, if you want to feel confident on your wedding day that your guests will have a great time and it will be an awesome experience, get Michael Lauren Weddings.

Profile Picture Kyle, 5/11/12, 1 Review
Category: DJ

My husband already wrote a review for Michael Lauren Weddings but I just can't help myself! Our wedding would not have been the same without Michael (and his lovely wife, Crystal). He is worth every single penny and more! We met with Michael Lauren more than any other vendors. Every time we met we would go to a different KC bar or restaurant so the planning process was almost as fun as the reception. Michael is just so wonderful I cannot say enough nice things about him! It is also hard sometimes to get your groom to get really excited and involved about spending money on a wedding, but my husband was SO happy to have Michael Lauren he got super involved! Our guests kept saying "where did you find this guy? He is awesome!" He made our reception a complete success.

Profile Picture Amanda, 5/11/12, 6 Reviews
Category: DJ

We were 100% satisfied with Micheal's services. He really got to know us on a personal level, and what we liked and did not like (not just in music but in other aspects to our wedding). We have had several compliments on how well our reception flowed and that is all due to Michael. The dance floor was packed all night! If you are questioning booking him, go for it. You definitely get what you pay for when it comes to this quality of a DJ. He is all around professional. If we were to do it all over again, we'd book him again in a heartbeat. You won't be disappointed.

Profile Picture Lana, 4/28/12, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Michael provides a service that most, if any, other DJs in the KC area offer. He really takes the time to get to know his couples and truly builds a reception for THEM, not just a cookie-cutter reception. He was very structured with everything and ensured everything happened timely. Our reception went too fast because we were having such a blast dancing...never a lull on the dancefloor! We are so happy we chose Michael and would highly recommend him to any couple looking for a quality DJ for their wedding!!!

Profile Picture Jen, 4/21/12, 4 Reviews
Category: DJ

Wow, that is pretty much all I can say. My husband and I meet with a few DJ's before booking with Michael, because we wanted to make sure we were making the right decision because I think a lot of people overlook or under budget a DJ. They are truely the ones that make your reception smooth or break it. And Michael from the day we meet him to the time he left the wedding, both Patrick and I were impressed. He was very flexible and understanding. Patrick and I actually live an hour away so we dont come to the City that often, but when we did he would always try to find time and meet with us even though I believe it was his day off. He meet with us 3 or 4 times before the wedding, just to really get to know Patick and I. And I think he did capture who Patrick and I really are in the music he picked for our wedding. And what was so great is that he was very easy to work request. Because my husband and I got married on St. Patricks Day we wanted some Irish music for the cocktail hour as well as a little during dinner. It was very nice. And when it was time ver certain events he would come find Patrick and I. So it was great from a Bride and Grooms point of view because we didn't have to worry about a thing, it really was very stressfree. Nothing bad happened, and if something did go wrong Neither Patrick or I knew anything about it and he took care of it, which I think is the best compliment you can give. Everything was just so smooth! A+++++++ for sure! Thanks again Michael for providing such a great event for my guest, Patrick and of course myself!

Tori

Profile Picture Toir, 3/17/12, 5 Reviews
Category: DJ

Michael did an outstanding job for our NYE wedding. We could not have asked for more. He was extremely easy to work with and truly is in this business for the right reason, it is clear he loves his job. I would reccomend his services to anyone looking for somthing more than just a traditional DJ. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!!

Profile Picture Tyler, 12/31/11, 1 Review
Category: DJ

Without exaggeration, Mike was simply amazing. We had a very classy wedding in the middle of the day with a very eclectic group of people. For starters, it was a mix wedding (I'm Peruvian my husband is American) and even though I wanted to incorporate a tradition that Mike had never heard of before, he researched it, and nailed it! Everybody keeps telling me that they've never been to a wedding that every single song was danced. Mike can read the mood of the people and play exactly what's needed. He's extremely professional, not cheesy, and will go above and beyond what a normal DJ would do in order to make your wedding day, the most special day possible. My wedding, according to my friends, was "the best wedding they've ever been to."

Profile Picture Erika, 11/5/11, 2 Reviews
Category: DJ

Within 5 minutes of meeting Michael we knew we were going to hire him. He was very friendly, easy to talk to, an excellent communicator and was enthusiastic about making sure all of our needs and wants were met. He responded very quickly to every single email I sent him and was always available when I had a question. He and his wife met with us multiple times until every last detail of our ceremony and reception were ironed out. He even attended our wedding rehearsal to make sure he knew everyone in our bridal party and to discuss the details with our pastor and wedding planner! Michael and his wife make an awesome team, they played all of the songs we had requested as well as a lot of other music that kept our party going. Just as important, he left out a lot of the songs you stereotypically hear at weddings that we didn't want to have at ours (the chicken dance, YMCA, macarena etc). He stayed until the last people left (which was actually us!) and kept people from ages 5-75 dancing all night! We had TONS of compliments from our friends and family. After our wedding we were actually sad to see him go because we had developed a relationship with him and his wife over the months of planning. Hiring him was definitely one of the best decisions we made when planning our wedding. I would reccomend him to any other couple who just wants to be relaxed and have fun at their reception, he made it all a blast for everyone!

Profile Picture Lindsay, 10/15/11, 1 Review