McFadden Music Reviews

58 | Covington, KY

58 Reviews for McFadden Music

• Karen

Karen Cosgrove · Getting married on 01/04/2020

So Happy and Glad to have McFadden Music on board!

Spoke with Mark McFadden about a DJ for my daughters wedding. He was so easy to work with. I remember how fun he was at my nieces wedding and was ready to book another DJ when I remembered him. He responded to my email and we worked out the details . So glad his company will be doing her wedding in January.

Sent on 05/02/2019

Jon Scheiding · Married on 03/29/2019

Great DJ who goes the extra mile

We had McFadden music DJ our wedding in March 2019. We got married at the Newport Syndicate, where McFadden's has a special partnership to use a high-quality sound system that they have installed there.

During the prep phase, Mark did a great job setting our expectations for how the reception was going to go, incorporating the things we wanted, and giving us some honest feedback about some of our song choices. I had a song I had written which I wanted to sing and play on the guitar as a surprise for my wife. Mark went out of his way to find a time that we could meet at the venue without her knowing, to figure out how I could plug in to the sound system and do a sound check.

On our wedding day, Mark was very present, making sure we were in sync on what was happening during the ceremony. He got everybody's name right during the entrances (surprising how many DJ's I've seen get that wrong!), and the performance of my song went off without a hitch. He kept the energy high throughout the reception, and kept people on the dance floor right up until the end. The sound system sounded amazing.

Overall, we had a great time, and would highly recommend McFadden, especially if you're getting married at the Syndicate.

Sent on 06/20/2019
  • Shannon

Shannon · Married on 09/23/2017

Chad was our DJ and he was fantastic! I didn't want to get off the dance floor all night. Very affordable for such great service!

Sent on 10/04/2017
  • NtoDepp

An · Married on 06/17/2017

Chad Watt was our DJ for the evening. He did an AMAZING job! From our first meeting with him to the wedding day! He listen and followed all of our music request and timeline. He kept the reception moving and staying on schedule! Chad made sure we had everything we wanted and that we were happy. We received so many compliments about the music that night!

Sent on 06/21/2017

Elizabeth · Married on 02/04/2017

We had Tim as our DJ, and he was amazing! We were so happy with how he kept everyone dancing all night long! Did a great job as MC too1

Sent on 02/24/2017

Stephanie · Married on 11/19/2016

We hired Mark from McFadden Music as our DJ. He provided both sound during our ceremony as well as music during our reception. He did an absolutely amazing job. I wasn't sure about our crowd, but he had everyone on the dance floor the entire reception. He is a total pro at working the room and knows exactly what to play next. I did a list of a few songs we like but in general I was pretty hands off, and he took over seamlessly. We actually got people coming up to us after and texting after saying how great the DJ was. Thanks Mark!

Sent on 12/02/2016

Autumn · Married on 09/24/2016

Everyone danced all night! Steven was great to work with. They were receptive to our requests and while we didn't end up doing a few things we had talked about due to our running a bit behind schedule, the music was great and everyone had a blast..The online planning tools made everything super easy.

Sent on 11/10/2016

Kristen · Married on 09/03/2016

We had Chad Watt DJ our wedding over labor day weekend at Drees Pavilion. He was very communicative prior to the wedding and listened to what "vibe" we wanted for the evening. We specifically discussed a do and do not playlist which he stuck to. Many times DJs can have very strong personalities that come out through nonstop talking instead of playing music throughout your event. This was NOT the case. He did minimal talking and just let the music speak for itself. Very personable. He even got a drink from the bar for my dad (he was slightly nervous) before his father of the bride speech! If you're looking for a dj that plays great music that flows well throughout the evening, reads the crowd and keeps your guests happy...he's the right DJ for you!

Sent on 09/10/2016

Christine · Married on 05/27/2016

I highly recommend McFadden Music! Mark McFadden was our DJ the night of our wedding and we thought he was amazing! He was very knowledgeable and definitely helped to make things easy for me with planning. Mark made the wedding night a blast! He was incredibly professional and was super easy to work with. The night ran very smoothly and he kept guests on the dance floor the ENTIRE time! I received so many compliments on how great the music was and how much fun everyone had! My husband and I couldn’t agree more. We had the best time! It was definitely a great experience with Mark as our DJ. It truly meant the world to us to have such a great DJ at our reception.

Sent on 07/06/2016

I can confidently give Mark and McFadden Music my highest recommendation. Mark was responsive, professional and incredibly easy to work with. Our guests were on the dance floor all night, and the reception ran smoothly thanks to his guidance.

Sent on 06/01/2016

Lauren · Married on 06/26/2015

If you are looking for a DJ who is easy to work with and will make your reception as memorable as can be, look no further than McFadden Music. We knew we wanted Mark McFadden right away, he was the DJ as my sister's wedding and we didn't leave the dance floor at her wedding. Mark really makes sure the night is exactly what you want. He was wonderful to work and I cannot thank him enough for the important part he played in our wedding day. I feel confident recommending McFadden Music-Cincinnati DJ Company to anyone!

Sent on 08/24/2015

Adam Grubbs was our DJ and he was GREAT! people are still talking about what a great wedding it was and so much of it was because he did a fantastic job reading the crowd and playing the perfect music. I was nervous since we didn't know him before our event but I couldn't recommend him more! He even took the time to meet with us before our event, though it wasn't part of his contract.

Sent on 07/13/2015

Nicole · Married on 05/24/2015

We used Timmy Gleeson with McFadden Music, and he was great! He was very helpful in choosing songs for our ceremony, as well as the reception. He kept everyone dancing and having a great time. We received multiple compliments on how much fun everyone had, and how great he was.
    I would highly recommend him!

Sent on 06/09/2015

Kortney · Married on 03/28/2015

After meeting with three different DJs in the Cincinnati area, we decided on Mark McFadden. The DJ for our reception was David and he was absolutely amazing. We met with him a few weeks before the wedding to go over the plan for the night - we had a few special requests and David worked them into the evening perfectly. We provided David with a list of songs to play for the evening, but more or less told him that we just wanted our reception to be a big party and that he could select songs according to how our guests were acting. The first song he played brought a HUGE flock of people to the dance floor and they pretty much stayed there the entire night - it was amazing! There was a miscommunication about the ending time of the reception, but David didn't make it a big deal and stayed a little bit extra longer for us, which we greatly appreciated. Additionally, I (the bride) was a little late getting him some necessary information (I'm talking the day of the wedding) and David was extremely easy going - never pushed me and just went with the flow. We have nothing negative to say about David or McFadden Music and definitely recommend them!

Sent on 06/20/2015
  • User4521957 · 2+ years ago

Mark was our DJ and he did a great job! Out of all the weddings going on in that building that night....ours was the one that had people on the dance floor all night long. He kept everything very upbeat and was very professional.

Thanks Mark!
    Kayla and Dallas

Sent on 11/03/2014

Linzy · Married on 07/04/2014

Great company to work with, great price! Chad did an awesome job on both our ceremony and reception. It was such a big relief with having Chad do our ceremony as well, one less to worry about especially when you have a trumpet player and vocalist. Chad did a great job coordinating with our trumpet player, vocalist, and pastor. The reception was so much fun, he selected great dance music and everyone danced the whole time!

Sent on 07/21/2014

Chad was an awesome DJ for our wedding last month! Everyone was remarking on how good the music was and the dance floor was packed with everyone having a great time. We gave him some direction about what kind of music we like, but we left it mostly up to him and it was perfect! He is also super friendly and easy to work with.

Sent on 07/28/2014

Ariel · Married on 05/31/2014

When trying to decide on a DJ, I had no idea where to begin. I emailed several different DJ companies, but was not sold on many of them (either lack of professionlism, or timeliness of response, etc). When I came across McFadden Music and recognized his name (as a radio personality) I thought "he would probably do a good job, he's got a reputation to uphold!"

Mark was timely in his email response upon my inquiry of availability and pricing. He offers different pricing for having one of his employees versus him DJ'ing the event, both of which I found reasonable compared to other companies.

Jesse Gray was our DJ from McFadden Music. Jesse called to schedule a sit-down with my husband and I to discuss timeline of events, music preferences and get all the details of the evening. We gave him very little to go on in terms of musical preference and basically said "you're the professional!" giving him free reign on music. He took it and ran with it and what a GREAT job he did. I cannot sing his praises enough. Several of our engaged friends have asked about it and an out of town guest (getting married in June) requested the playlist because the party did NOT stop. There were people on the dance floor all night long and it was a blast.

Mark was even kind enough to stop by at the end of the night to introduce himself and congratulate us on our wedding!

Thank you for making our night so perfect Jesse!

Sent on 06/16/2014

molly · Married on 01/25/2014

Mark DJ'd our wedding and he was fantastic!!! He did such a wonderful job getting everyone on the dance floor. I had multiple guests come up to me and comment about the awesome music. He followed the playlist perfectly and even got the custom songs that we wanted that wasn't in his library. Everything was perfect! Our wedding was at The Pinnacle (McHales) and he designed the sound system for that room-it was perfect! He called me a week before to make sure everything was correct. I would definitely recommend him to anyone! Thank you so much!

Sent on 02/04/2014

Samantha · Married on 09/28/2013

Awesome music and very flexible with different things I wanted incorporated! Loved them!

Sent on 10/24/2013

Elizabeth · Married on 07/06/2013

DJ David from McFadden Music was a HUGE HIT! Not just with me (the bride) but with all the guests at our wedding and reception. He was very...very good and also very kid friendly!! My guests and family were raving about our DJ into the next day! I will definitely use DJ DAVID in the future and HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM FOR ANY EVENT....he is also VERY COURTEOUS...PROFESSIONAL AND SUCH A GENTLEMAN....Our reception was amazing

Sent on 07/08/2013

Danielle · Married on 05/17/2013

I absolutely loved Jesse! We booked a DJ 9 months before our wedding that we thought would be at the wedding but we were informed two days before that he couldn't make it so we called McFadden Music & we were not let down. They were able to DJ our wedding even on such short notice! He did a fantastic job we had tons of compliments & I couldn't have asked for a better DJ. I would highly recommend this company. Thanks for saving our wedding day!!!!

Sent on 05/22/2013

danielle · Married on 04/20/2013

Robert was fantastic. We had to kick people off the dance floor in order to have our special dances....

Sent on 05/07/2013

Joe · Married on 10/27/2012

As a previous DJ, I can tell you how important it is to have a great DJ for your wedding reception. Since we had to have the best, we booked McFadden Music. Tim and Dave had everyone dancing all night. Mark went over and above as well, coming to personally insure that the lights and audio system were set up to his highest expectations. Mark was very creative in helping us use lighting to decorate our large venue, Paul Brown Stadium East Club. Tim was very flexible in meeting with us and provided great direction on the flow of the evening, while insuring to use our input. There are many options when looking for a DJ, don't cut corners - use the best. Your guests will thank you for it!! McFadden Music was more than just a DJ - they helped to deliver the party.

Sent on 11/07/2012

Judy · Married on 10/20/2012

McFadden DJ was recommended by our ceremony/reception vendor. The old saying you get what you pay for was very true. While they were a little on the pricey side they were well worth it. Chad was our DJ for the evening and handled both our ceremony music as well as our reception music and we found him very acommodating and easy to work with. Received many compliments on the music. At least half our guests were over 50 and he played such a good variety that both the young and the old enjoyed it. He also did a great job of helping to keep our evening moving along at a wonderful pace . Mark McFadden was our initial contact and he was also very helpful. Would definately recommend.

Sent on 10/21/2012