Mandalay Bay Group Dining Reviews

12 | Las Vegas, NV

12 Reviews for Mandalay Bay Group Dining

WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2009 Winner

Stacy · Married on 04/17/2015

Beautiful cake that was Delightfully Delicious!!!

Sent on 05/19/2015

Gianna · Married on 08/08/2009

I booked a rehearsal dinner (Border Grill), night out (MIX lounge), and Sunday brunch (Bayside Buffet) through Mandalay Bay Group dining. Kathryn was very helpful in finding hotel venues that met our needs and expectations!

Sent on 08/14/2009

Melissa · Married on 07/07/2007

Our reception was at the Bayside Buffet in the mandalay! They made it incredible! It wasn't just a "buffet" but they had place settings and coordinated with my wedding colors! They did an exceptional job! The wait staff was on top of any needs!

Sent on 08/12/2008

Erin · Married on 06/24/2010

We hosted our reception dinner here with 30 of our closest family and friends. The food was amazing and the service was excellent.

Sent on 08/10/2010

Denise · Married on 04/07/2007

We did a casual luncheon reception at THECafe (as a part of Mandalay Bay Group Dining). I was convinced that since it was so easy, there would be a lot of details that weren't covered, but I was WRONG! I picked 3 different entrees - a chipotle beef salad, a chicken sandwich, and a grilled portabello. Each guest had their choice of soup or salad and entree. Everything was delicious! I personally ate the beef, and it was amazing. Although one of the guests complained that the chicken soup was too bland, we had some kids in our group, and they loved it. The portions were large, and the service was absolutely amazing. An entire team of servers were at our disposal. The cake was the thing I was most worried about, and it ended up being the hit of the day. The cake was moist and delicious, and I can't say enough about the buttercream frosting. It was the fluffiest, lightest buttercream I have ever tasted. The really cool part about the experience was at the end when Chef Elia Aboumrad came out and cut the cake for us, after we cut the first piece. She was wonderful, and everyone raved about her. Thank you, THECafe!

Sent on 05/24/2008

Emad · Married on 07/24/2004

They were a dream to work with everything was done by fax or phone. The food was perfect and the alcohol was free flowing and the music was playing. Everyone danced the night away. Taking memories and smiles with them.

Sent on 09/19/2008

Jami · Married on 08/20/2011

3.5

We bought a $6500 package wedding/reception at Mandalay Bay...
    I wanted to add appetizer's to my food choice and had to go through Group Dining. 50 small appetizer pieces was $300 extra. Sound crazy, I know but I was willing to pay that. Then they tried to add $150 handling fee. Ummm...what? I managed to get them to drop that to $50 but still thought $350 for 25 spring rolls and 25 little crackers with some crab salad (yummy crab salad, btw) was crazy.

Sent on 09/11/2011

Kelly · Married on 09/19/2009

3.5

I went through Mandalay Bay Group Dining to set up my dinner reception at RM Seafood. The person I was dealing with (Kathryn - whom I never got to meet) was easy to deal with via email. The only thing I would say is that they are reluctant to finalize a lot of the details until just a couple weeks out, but that wasn't too big of an issue. They set up everything just as I requested and the food was AMAZING. Absolutely no complaints about the food or the wait staff whatsoever. I had to kind of figure it out myself as to how to get the restaurant my centerpieces and table names and what not, but that was really the only hiccup.

Sent on 09/29/2009

Sarah · Married on 10/09/2008

3.4
      3.0

We had a lunch reception here and we wanted to borrow the upstairs portion of the restaurant but they were reluctant to do that for us after many hours of going back and forth. I guess it's understandable though since their upstairs kitchen is different from their downstairs kitchen. Other than that, the event turned out great. The staff were very nice and since the restaurant is tucked away, it was very quiet for our event!

Sent on 02/04/2009

Nicole · Married on 06/07/2014

3.0

I had group dining cater my unconventional reception. I hosted my reception in a penthouse suite. We called it a heavily catered cocktail party. All food from group dining was yummy! I even got my cake from them and it was the BEST. The knife provided wasn't very sharp, though.
    I would have given group dining more stars if they had accurately recommended the appropriate number of staff needed and if they had delivered additional ordered food on time.
    My father wanted to coordinate all of catering, which probably wasn't the best idea, and he only asked for ONE staff member. That staff person was supposed to set-up all food, attend bar and clean. Just not practical for 75 people! I wish catering would have insisted on hiring more.
    Also the day before the reception, we decided to add more food to our order. The additional food did not show up until people had already started leaving.

Sent on 09/15/2014
  • R Katherine

R Katherine · Married on 01/17/2009

Far to expensive.

Sent on 01/27/2009

Katrina · Married on 09/17/2011

2.6
      3.0

We were required to order our cake through Mandalay Bay Group Dining for our reception. The cake was beautiful but as far as taste, just OK.

Sent on 10/08/2011