Luana Events Reviews

Luana Events 6
Luana Events 7

Kevin Findlay · Married on 06/09/2019

Fantastic Wedding Planner

Justine was absolutely fantastic to work with from start to finish! Her knowledge of our venue at Kualoa Ranch and connections to various venders proved invaluable. Anytime we had questions or needed help deciding on a specific item Justine was there for us. She recommended several vendor options for each step in the process and coordinated everything for us. I never imagined planning a 70 person destination wedding could be so stress free but it was, thanks to her! The end result was the most beautiful wedding we could have imagined. If you decide to hire Justine you certainly will not be disappointed!

Sent on 06/16/2019
  • Y

Yue · Married on 06/06/2019

Best decision ever!

If you want a stress-free, perfectly planned destination wedding, look no further than Justine from Luana Events!

We were both busy students all the way in New York City, never been to Hawaii before, and with no experience at all planning something as complicated as a wedding. From the very beginning, Justine was very accommodating with our schedules to discuss our ideas and vision for the wedding. We also emphasized that we were on a tight budget, and she was able to provide us with many options of venues, vendors, food, etc. that was suitable for us. For us, planning the wedding was mostly a matter of us replying to Justine's emails with our preferences among her options. She has formed great relationships with many vendors all across Hawaii, and it was no surprise when we would hear from the vendors that we were lucky to be in Justine's excellent hands.

Also, something that only people planning their own weddings would quickly realize is that you have no idea where to start for certain things like what rental supples to book and what flowers to get for where! Luckily, Justine took care of all the direct communication with our rental company, florists, venue, etc. and all the paperwork so that we only needed to make very minor changes at the end, saving us tons of time and headache.

Justine is not only great at doing her job, but is also an amazing human being. Besides being extremely experienced and well connected, Justine is also super organized, very easy to communicate to, non-judgmental throughout the whole process and respects every decision and preference of ours, genuine, and trustworthy (we felt comfortable letting her handle every single detail of our wedding form afar and only visited the venue the day before our wedding for the first time).

Our wedding day went perfectly, with Justine and her wonderful assistant running everything behind the scenes. Justine anticipated and managed the only minor thing that came up with poise and she was able to tweak our schedule (a very organized and detailed one that she created for us) a bit to accommodate us. We really could not have asked for a better planner and wedding. In our opinion, she is worth much, much more than what we paid for. Just the ability for us to enjoy Hawaii stress-free in the days leading up to the wedding was well worth the price. It was easily one of the best decisions we have made in planning our wedding. Thank you so much Justine and company!

Sent on 06/17/2019

Jessica Griffin · Married on 05/25/2019

The Best Ever!

You know it was an awesome event when your family and friends keep telling you that the ‘wedding was perfect’! My secret weapon: Luana Events and Justine Miller! Seriously, I knew Justine was amazing during our planning but she continued to prove it right up until the last minute!!! Planning a wedding from Pennsylvania is such a daunting task and when you’re a perfectionist like myself it’s even more of an insane undertaking. Justine was not only my eyes and ears on the ground but my lifesaver! There are so many things you don’t even think about when starting to plan a wedding (like where will the ice come from? When will the cake be delivered so it doesn't melt in the Hawaii sun?) amongst all the things that you do plan. She was there to help through ever question I had and thoughts I didn’t even know to consider!
    She is the most calming personality I’ve ever met! Let me tell you, when our flower girl was having a meltdown behind the scenes right as it’s about to be her moment to walk down the aisle, Justine simply takes her in her arms, talks to her in the most. calming. voice, and manages to get her not only to walk down the aisle but to throw flowers out perfectly with a smile on her face!! And this is just one small example of all the little things she did for us!
    I literally can not say enough positive things about her and all the staff she brings around. Best decision we made for our big day was hiring Justine and Luana Events!

Sent on 06/06/2019
    Luana Events 8
    Luana Events 9
    Luana Events 10

Suketu · Married on 05/25/2019

Amazing Wedding Planner-Thank You!!!

All I can say is WOW!!! Justine was amazing. We live in Pittsburgh and she made setting up our destination wedding so easy. And she was invaluable on the day of the wedding. She had everything and everyone running on schedule and made sure everything was taken care off. We did not have to worry about a thing. From calming down my niece (flower girl) to organizing food/cake cutting/DJ/etc. We got to enjoy our wedding and Justine did all the hard work. We cannot thank her enough. You cannot go wrong with her. A++++++

Sent on 06/12/2019
  • Andora

Andora Bui Mejia · Married on 03/28/2019

Extremely accommodating and organized!

Justine and her assistant were extremely helpful to us during the wedding planning process and especially on the day of. We are high school sweet hearts who got married on our ten year anniversary. First of our friend group and honestly had no idea what it takes to make a wedding happen. Initially when I contacted justine with my budget and vision she broke it to me kindly that it wasn't realistic but she would be sure to give me the best prices possible. We were back and forth with a lot of things: we ended up getting greenery from a friend who works in construction on the island because i'm sorry but paying $1500 for eucalyptus for a day is a bit much. we brought our own linens and china, we hired our own bartender... there was a lot of cutting back. But Justine was fine with it all and completely understanding of how we wanted the day to go. It was perfect! We are from San Jose, CA and 3 days before our flight to hawaii i dislocated my kneecap riding a mechanical bull on our send away party. I was devastated. I had to be in a brace, wheelchair and crutches. Through it all, Justine allotted me extra time and adjusted so efficiently. I do have to thank all my friends and family for their support as well. They lent a hand wherever I couldn't. Our venue was Waimea Plantation Cottages in Kauai, so we did have to fly Justine and assistant from Oahu. I would still say she was a bargain due to her vender discounts :P - Andora & Zameel Mejia

Sent on 04/03/2019
    Luana Events 11
    Luana Events 12
    Luana Events 13
    Luana Events 14

Rebecca · Married on 12/31/2018

Perfect! Exactly what we needed!!

Justine was a touchdown! My wife and I were working full time jobs up to our wedding and everyone was flying in from across the country - Justine kept track of all of our planning and didn’t miss a beat - more importantly, interacted with vendors and guests to make sure we had a perfect wedding!

Sent on 01/03/2019

Tiffany · Married on 10/22/2018

Wedding Planning

Justine is outstanding and helped to make our wedding the most incredible day! We live in Kansas City and I heard all the stressful tales of planning a destination wedding; but then I found Justine. Working with her made planning so easy and fun! So much so that on the day of the wedding I knew I could relax and focus on soaking it all in because Justine and her team were handling it! She took in all my ideas and, while keeping me in our budget, pull together an fabulous look for our day!
    She far exceeded my husband’s and my expectations! All of her help lead to one magical day!!

Sent on 12/11/2018

Nicole · Married on 10/19/2018

Couldn't have done our wedding without Luana Events!

Planning a wedding in another state isn't easy! Justine was always responsive and helpful. I was able to ship her items to hold on to for the wedding. I sent her photos of exactly how I wanted the setup to be and she even found the perfect backdrop for our photo area and made my vision come to life. She was very thorough in the rehearsal and helped us a ton! We were so grateful she was there during our wedding to guide us through the ceremony, cake cutting, etc. and have a thorough timeline. I knew I was in good hands with all of the vendors as well when she handled them.

Sent on 11/02/2018

Michael · Married on 09/03/2018

Justine was incredible! She helped us with so much throughout the process, and we were trilled by the result.

Justine is directed and efficient. She was patient with our various requests and questions. Highly recommend working with her.

Sent on 09/16/2018

Haven · Married on 09/02/2018

Working with Justine was heaven sent! My husband and I truly appreciate her involvement in our wedding. We could not recommend her more.
    Justine was always kind and helpful - she often would remind us of details or advise on alternative options. For example, she recommended an amazing spot to have our ceremony within our wedding venue which helped us maximize our space as well as creating a genius separation between ceremony and reception activities.
    Justine was also always organized and on top of every detail. She knows all of the vendors personally and masterfully arranged set up and tear down times. Additionally she had the day of timeline down so well I honestly didn’t even have to think about what came next during each point of the day.
    Sending all the aloha to Justine!!! Can’t thank her enough!

Sent on 09/18/2018

Shayne · Married on 08/17/2018

I cannot even begin to explain the wonderful experience I had working with Justine! She was AMAZING! I live in San Francisco, so planning a destination wedding in Oahu was intimidating but Justine made it seamless. I booked her for full planning services and it was the best decision I made. She is responsive, understood my vision, worked with my budget, and helped with any input along the way. She recommended the BEST vendors and we got nothing but compliments from our guests - on the decorations, venue, food, music etc. You will not be disappointed if you go with Justine! I've gained a friend through this experience :)

Sent on 08/26/2018

Samantha · Married on 07/02/2018

Justine is Amazing!! We are from New Zealand so I was thought this would be a stressful experience organizing a wedding overseas. But not with Justine, she helped us with everything and more! I would 100% recommend getting a planner and getting Justine! She is friendly, reliable, helpful and went above and beyond. On the day of the wedding I had no idea how to do anything and she was there every step of the way. Justine took care of literally everything and everyone so none of us needed to worry or do anything, she had it all organised and ready to go. Our day was absolutely perfect because of Justine, we could not of done this on our own.

Sent on 07/10/2018
  • Lauren

Lauren Fernandez · Married on 05/29/2018

After Saying "YES" - Say Yes to Luana Events!

Justine at Luana Events took our wedding vision (a hot mess of bullet points, a pinterest board and lots of texts!) and created the most elegant, spectacular and perfect event. No detail was too small for her. She knew all the local vendors in Kauai, understood the local customs, and made totally on point and on budget recommendations. It didn't take me long after we started working with her to trust her experience and judgment. I recommend you take her lead and give her the space to execute your vision! She understood what was important to us and delivered (even with non-cooperative weather and our scant budget.)

When I got really busy at work weeks before our big date, she mindfully reacted by having regular calls and drilling down every decision to A or B for me. Justine was so incredibly thorough, thoughtful and professional, even on the day of our rehearsal and our big day.

Most importantly: I had a stress-free, blissed-out wedding week with our closest friends and family - I got to enjoy the best day of our lives like our guests did. Hire her as your planner and day of commander. It was the most important thing we paid for, period. I cannot recommend her services enough.

After saying YES, it was the best decision I could have made to hire her and her team.

Sent on 01/13/2019
    Luana Events 15
    Luana Events 16
    Luana Events 17
    Luana Events 18
    Luana Events 19

DI · Married on 05/21/2018

Justine handled my case about One month before the wedding after I had a bad experience with another wedding photographer who promised to do the design and coordination with my wedding. I found Justine on WeddingWire and after inquiry with her. She gave me suggestions and a discount after what she heard my experience. We had a limited time but everything turned out to be perfect. She is really responsive, hard working and easy to communicate. She has a reasonable rate compare to other wedding planner I inquired with. She worked on my budgets really well. The wedding day turned out to be really nice and all of us enjoyed it. I know it is hard to planning a wedding especially it is a destination wedding. I am glad I had Justine helped me with the whole process. I highly recommend Luana Events for anyone who want to have a destination wedding in Hawaii.

Sent on 06/03/2018

Alex · Married on 05/05/2018

Justine was nothing short of amazing.

When we started our wedding planning process, we thought we could just do everything ourselves. After struggling with finding and working with vendors, we were introduced to Justine and Luana Events. We were introduced by a good friend who had nothing but great things to say about her! From the first call we had with Justine, we could see why she had impressed! She clearly knew what she was doing (far more than we did!), was very organized, and on top of everything. We decided to move forward with her quickly, not only as our day-of coordinator but also as our wedding planner.

In the six months leading up to our wedding, Justine was incredibly responsive, organized, and did an amazing job keeping us on schedule. She took over nearly all communication with our vendors, helped us create various schedules and deadlines, and helped us think of things for our wedding that we hadn't even thought of. In the weeks leading up to our wedding, because of all of the work Justine had done, our stress level was very low and we really felt great about everything.

We would highly recommend Justine based solely on the above, however where Justine really shined and set herself apart, was during the rehearsal and wedding day. She took control over the entire situation and did an incredible job. She made sure that everyone was where they needed to be on time - and that went for us, our bridal party, our parents, all of our guests, and our vendors. She helped put out the few fires that popped up and made excellent decisions on our behalf.

Two days after the wedding, she again showed why she is so incredible. She sent us a follow up with the remaining to-dos and asked if there was anything else she could help us with.

Our day was so incredibly special because of the work that she had put into it. We could not recommend her and Luana Events enough. Look no further to find your wedding planner & coordinator!

Sent on 05/12/2018

Christa · Married on 04/28/2018

Justine was absolutely fabulous. She was easy to talk to, super knowledgable about the industry and all different vendors, sweet, and organized. She made the day of so effortless for me and my now-hubby. Aside from her great skills and professionalism, she is also well known in the wedding community, so her connections will end up saving you on certain vendors. Honestly, she was the best choice we made for our wedding. It'd be a poor decision to go anywhere else.

Sent on 05/02/2018

H · Married on 01/08/2018

Go with Justine. Her service and expertise is more than worth what we paid and it was probably the best money we spent. She is extremely professional, kept our wedding day on track (we ended up ahead of schedule which allowed us some time to relax between things), and dealt with unexpected issues the day of. We hired her to do our day of coordination and couldn't have been happier with how she managed things. As we neared our day Justine asked a lot of questions we didn't really think about but credit to her because everything went extremely smooth. I was waiting for that something to come up but it never came! We found out later there were some issues that came up but Justine took care of them and we were completely unaware. She was very patient with us but was firm enough (especially the day of) to make sure everything went smoothly. I'd highly suggest budgeting money to Justine so you can actually enjoy your special day and let her deal with the coordination and issues of the day.

Honestly we can't stop singing Justine's praises and Justine, thank you sooooo much for making our day go so wonderfully smooth!

Sent on 01/11/2018

Danielle · Married on 10/20/2017

BOOK HER NOW! Booking Luana Events and working with Justine as my day of wedding planner was the BEST decision we made during our wedding planning process. We were debating whether or not we needed a wedding planner but since we planned our wedding in just three months it was a bit more stressful and decided to hire her after our venues reccommendation. THANK GOD! Justine answered every question we had in a timely manner and had suggestions for anything we were hestiant about and asked questions and made sure we were prepared for things that I had no clue I should be prepared for. All the vendors we worked with loved her detailed timeline she made for the day of and I especially did since I could barely think with all those day of thoughts/emotions! We recieved so many compliments from our family with how professional and kind she was. And patient esp with all of the children in our wedding party :) I truly did feel stress free on the day of...I trusted her so much with every detail that I knew I didn't have to worry about anything. She helped with anything and everything I needed...set up, coordinating with all vendors, holding my dress up in the restroom, making sure all payments were made, packing all of our belongings in the cars before we left and even made sure all of our guests (esp the ones that had much to drink, myself included!) were in a safe vehicle to leave. I know for a fact that everything worked out so perfectly because of Justine and her assistants help on our wedding day. Thank you so much Justine, you are amazing at what you do and we can't thank you enough!! XOXO -Danielle&Bronson

Sent on 11/09/2017

Katie · Married on 10/06/2017

Justine was absolutely amazing; hiring her was the best decision we made in the whole wedding planning process. She is very good at giving guidance and suggestions to help you turn your vision into a reality. On the day of the wedding she was absolutely invaluable as she ensures the event runs as planned and she manages any unexpected things that arise so you don't even have to think about it. She is also always smiling and is a good calming influence throughout the process. Don't think twice about it - go with Justine she is a pro!

Sent on 10/12/2017
    Luana Events 20

James · Married on 10/06/2017

Working with Justine was the best part of wedding planning. She made everything super easy and was a joy to work with. I highly recommend her, our wedding would not have been as great without her.

Sent on 10/27/2017

Anna · Married on 09/30/2017

Justine Miller of Luana Events exceeded expectations with her responsiveness, professional judgment informed by experience and meticulous attention to detail. The time she put into communicating with us and our vendors was exceptional and gave us peace of mind throughout the process. These attributes assured us of her ability to deliver an organized and unforgettable affair.
    Our wedding was difficult to plan because it was a destination wedding and because we chose a venue that did not “do weddings.” Consequently, we hired separate contractors for everything. While we were exhaustive in our research and discerning, Justine was able to add additional value with her input, organization, and negotiation skills.
    Understanding there is only one shot to pull off an exceptional wedding, we realized that regardless of our experience we would be no match for such an important occasion; we felt hiring Justine would ensure our wedding would turn out how we imagined, and we were right! While any wedding on any budget will be a significant expense, we surmised her fee would be negated by the mistakes we wouldn't make because of her assistance, in her helping us to determine what we “really needed” and her negotiating fair contracts with our vendors. Ultimately, we wanted to enjoy the wedding and not be “working” it the entire time. With Justine, we could relax, take it all in and enjoy making memories with family and friends.
    We highly recommend Justine Miller of Luana Events without reservation.

Sent on 10/11/2017

brit · Married on 08/18/2017

Working with Justine was a true blessing - We were so fortunate!

She is organized, incredibly lovely to work with, reliable and on top of her stuff!

She made planning a wedding from abroad stress-less. We always knew we could count on her and nothing would go awry. Guests had so much fun, food was great and ambiance was beautiful. Thank you SO much Justine!

Sent on 09/01/2017

Allison · Married on 05/10/2017

I cannot imagine a better wedding experience than the one I had with Justine. When I first got engaged, I wasn't even sure I needed a wedding planner. But after a good friend of mine raved to me about Justine ( Luana Events), I was convinced that I couldn't do it without her, and I was right! Plus, with all the discounts she got us and her ability to negotiate vendors to lower their prices, she more than paid for herself!
    As someone who was indecisive and clueless about what I needed to do to plan a wedding, I was very dependent on Justine and she held my hand through everything! She made the choices easy, because she narrowed the vendor lists down based on my vision/preferences, her experiences with certain vendors, price, and so-forth. This made it easy for me to pick between just a few of the top choices.
    She is clearly a veteran in the wedding business. She gave me advice and pointed out things that I would never in a million years think of myself- little things and big things, which made all the difference! She also made me feel completely comfortable disagreeing with her when I decided to go a different way on something versus what she originally suggested. For example, she spent countless hours lining up a caterer for us, going back and forth on menu, cost proposal and tasting, but then we decided to choose someone else completely. I thought she would be frustrated with us for doing so, but she was totally supportive and quickly worked to get things set up with the new caterer.
    She was always very responsive, even more than 6 months before the wedding! In addition, she communicated a lot with my parents via phone and email.
    She had a "take charge" attitude, orchestrating all the other vendors. And she was nice and firm with the groomsmen, which was necessary to keep them on the right track. The wedding day was flawless because she was working tirelessly during the whole event. I didn't have to think about anything and neither did any of my guests!

Sent on 05/23/2017

Daira · Married on 11/01/2016

Where do I start with Justine @ Luana Events? She was absolutely amazing. She swooped in and saved the day when our other ceremony coordinator totally dropped the ball. She was able to keep all of our bridesmaids and groomsmen in line and deal with coordinating our ceremony on a military installation. There were so many moving pieces, I don't know how she kept them organized. But she did! She was a calming influence on me and helped to make the day as stress free as possible. If you need someone to coordinate/plan, I'm telling you...she is the one for you.

Sent on 11/06/2016

Kuuipo · Married on 10/15/2016

Luana Events is a wonderful Wedding Planning Business. I worked with Justine and she is a life saver. She is prompt and organized. I became soo overwhelmed with all the details and she was able to help focus me and provide me with wonderful cost saving ideas! I can't express enough how valuable her services are in the wedding planning process!

Sent on 11/10/2016