Luana Events Reviews

Luana Events 4
Luana Events 5
Luana Events 6

Rebecca · Married on 12/31/2018

Perfect! Exactly what we needed!!

Justine was a touchdown! My wife and I were working full time jobs up to our wedding and everyone was flying in from across the country - Justine kept track of all of our planning and didn’t miss a beat - more importantly, interacted with vendors and guests to make sure we had a perfect wedding!

Tiffany · Married on 10/22/2018

Wedding Planning

Justine is outstanding and helped to make our wedding the most incredible day! We live in Kansas City and I heard all the stressful tales of planning a destination wedding; but then I found Justine. Working with her made planning so easy and fun! So much so that on the day of the wedding I knew I could relax and focus on soaking it all in because Justine and her team were handling it! She took in all my ideas and, while keeping me in our budget, pull together an fabulous look for our day!
    She far exceeded my husband’s and my expectations! All of her help lead to one magical day!!

Nicole · Married on 10/19/2018

Couldn't have done our wedding without Luana Events!

Planning a wedding in another state isn't easy! Justine was always responsive and helpful. I was able to ship her items to hold on to for the wedding. I sent her photos of exactly how I wanted the setup to be and she even found the perfect backdrop for our photo area and made my vision come to life. She was very thorough in the rehearsal and helped us a ton! We were so grateful she was there during our wedding to guide us through the ceremony, cake cutting, etc. and have a thorough timeline. I knew I was in good hands with all of the vendors as well when she handled them.

Michael · Married on 09/03/2018

Justine was incredible! She helped us with so much throughout the process, and we were trilled by the result.

Justine is directed and efficient. She was patient with our various requests and questions. Highly recommend working with her.

Haven · Married on 09/02/2018

Working with Justine was heaven sent! My husband and I truly appreciate her involvement in our wedding. We could not recommend her more.
    Justine was always kind and helpful - she often would remind us of details or advise on alternative options. For example, she recommended an amazing spot to have our ceremony within our wedding venue which helped us maximize our space as well as creating a genius separation between ceremony and reception activities.
    Justine was also always organized and on top of every detail. She knows all of the vendors personally and masterfully arranged set up and tear down times. Additionally she had the day of timeline down so well I honestly didn’t even have to think about what came next during each point of the day.
    Sending all the aloha to Justine!!! Can’t thank her enough!

Shayne · Married on 08/17/2018

I cannot even begin to explain the wonderful experience I had working with Justine! She was AMAZING! I live in San Francisco, so planning a destination wedding in Oahu was intimidating but Justine made it seamless. I booked her for full planning services and it was the best decision I made. She is responsive, understood my vision, worked with my budget, and helped with any input along the way. She recommended the BEST vendors and we got nothing but compliments from our guests - on the decorations, venue, food, music etc. You will not be disappointed if you go with Justine! I've gained a friend through this experience :)

Samantha · Married on 07/02/2018

Justine is Amazing!! We are from New Zealand so I was thought this would be a stressful experience organizing a wedding overseas. But not with Justine, she helped us with everything and more! I would 100% recommend getting a planner and getting Justine! She is friendly, reliable, helpful and went above and beyond. On the day of the wedding I had no idea how to do anything and she was there every step of the way. Justine took care of literally everything and everyone so none of us needed to worry or do anything, she had it all organised and ready to go. Our day was absolutely perfect because of Justine, we could not of done this on our own.

• Lauren

Lauren Fernandez · Married on 05/29/2018

After Saying "YES" - Say Yes to Luana Events!

Justine at Luana Events took our wedding vision (a hot mess of bullet points, a pinterest board and lots of texts!) and created the most elegant, spectacular and perfect event. No detail was too small for her. She knew all the local vendors in Kauai, understood the local customs, and made totally on point and on budget recommendations. It didn't take me long after we started working with her to trust her experience and judgment. I recommend you take her lead and give her the space to execute your vision! She understood what was important to us and delivered (even with non-cooperative weather and our scant budget.)

When I got really busy at work weeks before our big date, she mindfully reacted by having regular calls and drilling down every decision to A or B for me. Justine was so incredibly thorough, thoughtful and professional, even on the day of our rehearsal and our big day.

Most importantly: I had a stress-free, blissed-out wedding week with our closest friends and family - I got to enjoy the best day of our lives like our guests did. Hire her as your planner and day of commander. It was the most important thing we paid for, period. I cannot recommend her services enough.

After saying YES, it was the best decision I could have made to hire her and her team.

Luana Events 7
    Luana Events 8
    Luana Events 9
    Luana Events 10
    Luana Events 11

DI · Married on 05/21/2018

Justine handled my case about One month before the wedding after I had a bad experience with another wedding photographer who promised to do the design and coordination with my wedding. I found Justine on WeddingWire and after inquiry with her. She gave me suggestions and a discount after what she heard my experience. We had a limited time but everything turned out to be perfect. She is really responsive, hard working and easy to communicate. She has a reasonable rate compare to other wedding planner I inquired with. She worked on my budgets really well. The wedding day turned out to be really nice and all of us enjoyed it. I know it is hard to planning a wedding especially it is a destination wedding. I am glad I had Justine helped me with the whole process. I highly recommend Luana Events for anyone who want to have a destination wedding in Hawaii.

Alex · Married on 05/05/2018

Justine was nothing short of amazing.

When we started our wedding planning process, we thought we could just do everything ourselves. After struggling with finding and working with vendors, we were introduced to Justine and Luana Events. We were introduced by a good friend who had nothing but great things to say about her! From the first call we had with Justine, we could see why she had impressed! She clearly knew what she was doing (far more than we did!), was very organized, and on top of everything. We decided to move forward with her quickly, not only as our day-of coordinator but also as our wedding planner.

In the six months leading up to our wedding, Justine was incredibly responsive, organized, and did an amazing job keeping us on schedule. She took over nearly all communication with our vendors, helped us create various schedules and deadlines, and helped us think of things for our wedding that we hadn't even thought of. In the weeks leading up to our wedding, because of all of the work Justine had done, our stress level was very low and we really felt great about everything.

We would highly recommend Justine based solely on the above, however where Justine really shined and set herself apart, was during the rehearsal and wedding day. She took control over the entire situation and did an incredible job. She made sure that everyone was where they needed to be on time - and that went for us, our bridal party, our parents, all of our guests, and our vendors. She helped put out the few fires that popped up and made excellent decisions on our behalf.

Two days after the wedding, she again showed why she is so incredible. She sent us a follow up with the remaining to-dos and asked if there was anything else she could help us with.

Our day was so incredibly special because of the work that she had put into it. We could not recommend her and Luana Events enough. Look no further to find your wedding planner & coordinator!

Christa · Married on 04/28/2018

Justine was absolutely fabulous. She was easy to talk to, super knowledgable about the industry and all different vendors, sweet, and organized. She made the day of so effortless for me and my now-hubby. Aside from her great skills and professionalism, she is also well known in the wedding community, so her connections will end up saving you on certain vendors. Honestly, she was the best choice we made for our wedding. It'd be a poor decision to go anywhere else.

H · Married on 01/08/2018

Go with Justine. Her service and expertise is more than worth what we paid and it was probably the best money we spent. She is extremely professional, kept our wedding day on track (we ended up ahead of schedule which allowed us some time to relax between things), and dealt with unexpected issues the day of. We hired her to do our day of coordination and couldn't have been happier with how she managed things. As we neared our day Justine asked a lot of questions we didn't really think about but credit to her because everything went extremely smooth. I was waiting for that something to come up but it never came! We found out later there were some issues that came up but Justine took care of them and we were completely unaware. She was very patient with us but was firm enough (especially the day of) to make sure everything went smoothly. I'd highly suggest budgeting money to Justine so you can actually enjoy your special day and let her deal with the coordination and issues of the day.

Honestly we can't stop singing Justine's praises and Justine, thank you sooooo much for making our day go so wonderfully smooth!

Danielle · Married on 10/20/2017

BOOK HER NOW! Booking Luana Events and working with Justine as my day of wedding planner was the BEST decision we made during our wedding planning process. We were debating whether or not we needed a wedding planner but since we planned our wedding in just three months it was a bit more stressful and decided to hire her after our venues reccommendation. THANK GOD! Justine answered every question we had in a timely manner and had suggestions for anything we were hestiant about and asked questions and made sure we were prepared for things that I had no clue I should be prepared for. All the vendors we worked with loved her detailed timeline she made for the day of and I especially did since I could barely think with all those day of thoughts/emotions! We recieved so many compliments from our family with how professional and kind she was. And patient esp with all of the children in our wedding party :) I truly did feel stress free on the day of...I trusted her so much with every detail that I knew I didn't have to worry about anything. She helped with anything and everything I needed...set up, coordinating with all vendors, holding my dress up in the restroom, making sure all payments were made, packing all of our belongings in the cars before we left and even made sure all of our guests (esp the ones that had much to drink, myself included!) were in a safe vehicle to leave. I know for a fact that everything worked out so perfectly because of Justine and her assistants help on our wedding day. Thank you so much Justine, you are amazing at what you do and we can't thank you enough!! XOXO -Danielle&Bronson

Katie · Married on 10/06/2017

Justine was absolutely amazing; hiring her was the best decision we made in the whole wedding planning process. She is very good at giving guidance and suggestions to help you turn your vision into a reality. On the day of the wedding she was absolutely invaluable as she ensures the event runs as planned and she manages any unexpected things that arise so you don't even have to think about it. She is also always smiling and is a good calming influence throughout the process. Don't think twice about it - go with Justine she is a pro!

Luana Events 12

James · Married on 10/06/2017

Working with Justine was the best part of wedding planning. She made everything super easy and was a joy to work with. I highly recommend her, our wedding would not have been as great without her.

Anna · Married on 09/30/2017

Justine Miller of Luana Events exceeded expectations with her responsiveness, professional judgment informed by experience and meticulous attention to detail. The time she put into communicating with us and our vendors was exceptional and gave us peace of mind throughout the process. These attributes assured us of her ability to deliver an organized and unforgettable affair.
    Our wedding was difficult to plan because it was a destination wedding and because we chose a venue that did not “do weddings.” Consequently, we hired separate contractors for everything. While we were exhaustive in our research and discerning, Justine was able to add additional value with her input, organization, and negotiation skills.
    Understanding there is only one shot to pull off an exceptional wedding, we realized that regardless of our experience we would be no match for such an important occasion; we felt hiring Justine would ensure our wedding would turn out how we imagined, and we were right! While any wedding on any budget will be a significant expense, we surmised her fee would be negated by the mistakes we wouldn't make because of her assistance, in her helping us to determine what we “really needed” and her negotiating fair contracts with our vendors. Ultimately, we wanted to enjoy the wedding and not be “working” it the entire time. With Justine, we could relax, take it all in and enjoy making memories with family and friends.
    We highly recommend Justine Miller of Luana Events without reservation.

brit · Married on 08/18/2017

Working with Justine was a true blessing - We were so fortunate!

She is organized, incredibly lovely to work with, reliable and on top of her stuff!

She made planning a wedding from abroad stress-less. We always knew we could count on her and nothing would go awry. Guests had so much fun, food was great and ambiance was beautiful. Thank you SO much Justine!

Allison · Married on 05/10/2017

I cannot imagine a better wedding experience than the one I had with Justine. When I first got engaged, I wasn't even sure I needed a wedding planner. But after a good friend of mine raved to me about Justine ( Luana Events), I was convinced that I couldn't do it without her, and I was right! Plus, with all the discounts she got us and her ability to negotiate vendors to lower their prices, she more than paid for herself!
    As someone who was indecisive and clueless about what I needed to do to plan a wedding, I was very dependent on Justine and she held my hand through everything! She made the choices easy, because she narrowed the vendor lists down based on my vision/preferences, her experiences with certain vendors, price, and so-forth. This made it easy for me to pick between just a few of the top choices.
    She is clearly a veteran in the wedding business. She gave me advice and pointed out things that I would never in a million years think of myself- little things and big things, which made all the difference! She also made me feel completely comfortable disagreeing with her when I decided to go a different way on something versus what she originally suggested. For example, she spent countless hours lining up a caterer for us, going back and forth on menu, cost proposal and tasting, but then we decided to choose someone else completely. I thought she would be frustrated with us for doing so, but she was totally supportive and quickly worked to get things set up with the new caterer.
    She was always very responsive, even more than 6 months before the wedding! In addition, she communicated a lot with my parents via phone and email.
    She had a "take charge" attitude, orchestrating all the other vendors. And she was nice and firm with the groomsmen, which was necessary to keep them on the right track. The wedding day was flawless because she was working tirelessly during the whole event. I didn't have to think about anything and neither did any of my guests!

Daira · Married on 11/01/2016

Where do I start with Justine @ Luana Events? She was absolutely amazing. She swooped in and saved the day when our other ceremony coordinator totally dropped the ball. She was able to keep all of our bridesmaids and groomsmen in line and deal with coordinating our ceremony on a military installation. There were so many moving pieces, I don't know how she kept them organized. But she did! She was a calming influence on me and helped to make the day as stress free as possible. If you need someone to coordinate/plan, I'm telling you...she is the one for you.

Kuuipo · Married on 10/15/2016

Luana Events is a wonderful Wedding Planning Business. I worked with Justine and she is a life saver. She is prompt and organized. I became soo overwhelmed with all the details and she was able to help focus me and provide me with wonderful cost saving ideas! I can't express enough how valuable her services are in the wedding planning process!

Adam · Married on 09/04/2016

Justine should be used by every couple getting married on Oahu. Justine does an amazing job at providing valuable recommendations, communicating with vendors, coordinating day of evens, negotiate with vendors, and most importantly provide a peace of mind to the bride and groom.

If budget is a concern, Justine can undoubtedly be trusted to negotiate effectively on your behalf, and help you find inexpensive alternatives to alleviate any budget concerns. It’s evident that whether it’s your budget or any other factor, Justine will accommodate accordingly.

During the planning process of the wedding, Justine worked well with our families, friends, and the bride and groom. It is clear that your wishes are her top priority through her prompt communication, vendor recommendations, and
    flexibility at all times.

A week leading up to the wedding, we were on the verge of changing every aspect of our wedding due to the concern of a hurricane. Though, no changes were necessary, Justine worked day and night the leading up to the wedding to confirm that a contingency plan would be available. Justine never missed a chance to update us about the contingency plans, and alternative vendors. The speedy communication and diligent research, made everyone involved be at ease knowing that Justine would try her hardest to have as little of the wedding compromised as possible.

Lastly, and certainly not least, Justine was absolutely perfect during the day of the wedding and through the ceremony/reception. Justine arrived at the venue earlier than anyone else and ensured that everything was moving according to plan. She treated our day with such a degree of high importance to ensure everything would turn out perfectly, which it did. During the reception, all we had to think about was making sure we say hi to everyone, dance, and spend time with family and friends.

Ginger · Married on 07/02/2016

As mother of the bride, I was able to enjoy every moment of our daughters wedding, because of Justine. Did have a little glitch but Justine calmed me down and it ended up working out perfectly in the end. Highly recommend Justine, she is just what you need in a wedding coordinator, efficient, professional and gets the job done!!

lauren · Married on 06/18/2016

Justine is incredibly attentive to details, personable, and ridiculously organized. However, one of the best qualities about Justine is her understanding of the wedding business. When talking to venders she was able to ask great questions that I would have never thought to ask since I'm not in the business. She saved us a lot of money in the end and ensured I had a flawless wedding itinerary.

Justine is AMAZING! When the person helping us fell through last minute my husband and I were desperate to find someone to help us with Day of Coordination. We were so lucky we found Justine and that she was available for our wedding day. Just three weeks before our wedding Justine pulled everything together. She thought of everything, didn't miss a beat and made our big day stress free. Her professionalism and experience made the last month a breeze and the day of seamless. We cannot say enough good things about working with Luana Events and highly recommend everyone book Justine as their coordinator!!

Lindsay · Married on 04/30/2016

Justine is a gem! She was highly recommended to us by several people, and I'm so glad we listened because she far exceeded our expectations. I can't imagine having had our wedding without her outstanding coordinating skills and fabulous personality. She is knowledgeable, organized, and smart. What makes her unique, though, is how she is able to handle challenging circumstances and execute her clients' wishes while making everyone love her along the way. By the time our wedding came around, she wasn't just our coordinator but also a valued friend.