Luana Events Reviews

84 | Kaneohe, HI

84 Reviews for Luana Events

A B · Getting married on 12/08/2020

Hire Justine - you will not regret it.

Hire Justine, you simply won't regret it. I can remember reading these reviews when starting out on the planing process...

My husband and I opted for Justine's mid-level package. I didn't want a "day of" coordinator who wasn't involved in the planning. Also, my experience thus far was that dealing with vendors in Hawaii is sometimes frustrating, and I needed help. I was also fine to do a good amount of research and heavy lifting. All-in-all, this package worked well for us.

We're Canadian and so cost was definitely something we were mindful of given unfavourable exchange rates. However, we also had about 60 guests and wanted to show our guests a great time and something special for coming so far. We chose Paliku Gardens at Kualoa Ranch as our venue (before hiring Justine). Justine was well familiar with the venue and how the set-up would be optimal. During the planning process, Justine was thoughtful, organized, responsive throughout, kept me on track. Her positivity was also something I appreciated as the stress of wedding planning can be overwhelming at times. She was knowledgeable of vendors and how they worked, and some of the finer details between them. I would often ask for her opinion and she provide valuable input to help me execute a vision, all while helping me spend wisely and not unnecessarily. Most importantly, the day of, she completely took control of the event, the pacing, etc. My husband and I truly were able to enjoy the event. Many of my guests complemented us on how professional, and well executed the day and her team was.

We are grateful to Justine for everything. She went over and above in many ways.

Sent on 12/01/2019

Jullyna · Married on 11/15/2019

Justine is the best!

It was a very easy decision to go with Justine as the wedding coordinator for my husband and I. We had already picked out the venue at Kualoa Ranch at Paliku Gardens and they recommended a couple of wedding coordinators they worked with previously. Justine was one of the names that came up and we knew instantly we wanted to work with her when we spoke to her over the phone. We had phone screened a couple of coordinators that was recommended and although she was priced higher, her services made sense as she did more than just the day of wedding coordinating. During our call, she made suggestions and knowledgeable recommendations to help point us in the right direction. This made us feel comfortable going with her especially planning a wedding from California. We did most of our communication through email and she never missed a beat. She provided vendors and recommendations and helped with every little detail and also asked if I will be bringing certain things so it wouldn’t be left out. I commend her services and professionalism before and during the wedding. She made all things run smoothly from beginning to end and made our time in Hawaii more enjoyable as she ensure us everything was taken care of and it was. It is definitely a no brainer to go with Justine. You will not regret going with her!

Sent on 12/04/2019
  • Sarah

Sarah · Married on 10/23/2019

Hiring Luana Events was our best wedding decision

Justine made the difficult task of planning a wedding in Hawaii from Australia an enjoyable experience. Armed with her list of preferred vendors our day was seamless and one that we were able to soak up and enjoy as Justine had everything under control. She's attentive, an amazing communicator and has a very calming presence. Hiring Justine, taking on her advice and allowing her the space to do what she does best is truly what made our day one of the happiest of our lives.

Sent on 11/26/2019

Ewa Baska · Married on 09/28/2019

Helpful, knowledgeable and a joy to work with!

Justine was the absolute best to work with. We worked with her for over a year. She worked diligently to find the best vendors at the best prices. It was very important for us to find a person that knew the wedding industry, vendors, and could help us make decisions since this was a destination wedding for us and we didn't visit the islands until the week of the wedding. Justine had it all! She sourced the best vendors in order to fulfill our vision for the day, as well as used her knowledge and experience to help us make decisions we had no idea about. She was soooo helpful, professional, no-nonsense. She's a badass woman that gets things done! This is the type of planner we wanted and everyone should get!

Sent on 12/20/2019

L Lowe · Married on 08/31/2019

Luana events

Justine Miller did a wonderful job coordinating our daughter’s wedding. She and her assistant Kris made sure everything ran smoothly during the wedding day. They were both very professional and kept us on our schedule . I would highly recommended Justine for your wedding.

Sent on 09/16/2019
  • Lindsay

Lindsay Schedler · Married on 08/17/2019

The Best!!

Justine at Luana Events was friendly, professional and extremely helpful from the first time we met until the very last minute. From recommending amazing vendors to executing our day perfectly from start to finish, we could not have asked for a better person to put our trust in. All day at our wedding we could not stop taking about how great she was and even almost a week later we keep saying how we could not have done it without her. Even our family and wedding party mentioned how great she was. If you are thinking of hiring Justine, do not hesitate. She will make all your wedding dreams come to life, and make it so you do not have to worry about a thing during your day!

Sent on 08/22/2019
  • Kate

Kate Ridge · Married on 07/07/2019

The MUST HAVE Wedding Planner!

When my husband and I decided to plan our wedding in Hawaii (currently living in Australia), the idea of taking on the planning alone was quite daunting. Luana Event was referred to us by our good friends who had also used the company. After my first phone call with Justine, I knew we needed her to spearhead the planning of our special day. Justine and I spoke a few times on the phone and via FaceTime and she helped us to really mould the ideas we had into a cohesive, beautifully planned and executed day. Justine always had ideas and suggestions but was also totally open to incorporating vendors we found into the day. Justine is professional, kind, passionate about her work, highly organised, easy to communicate with and a strong high quality wedding planner. When we finally met in person on the rehearsal day, I felt like we had been friends for years. She gave clear and direct instruction to the entire wedding party about how the ceremony would run and timeline for the day including guidance on what drinks to (or to not) have in the getting ready spaces. On the day of our wedding, her energy was calm, her plan clear and efficient and her guidance through the day was absolutely incredible. Chris and I are eternally grateful for Luana Events, we will remember Justine and how she carried our day without a hitch forever. Thank you!

Sent on 07/17/2019

Sarah Mccormick · Married on 07/06/2019

Best decision you can make!

Justine is incredible! She made all of our wedding dreams come true (and more!). From the beginning, Justine really tried to get to know us, understand our relationship, and help us design a vision for our big day. She recommended fabulous vendors for us to use and was a huge help as she took on the burden of communicating with all of them for us. She is flexible, knowledgeable, and personable. She gave us lots of options to help us keep the cost down and was such a wonderful person to work with. Mostly, though, Justine put everything together perfectly the week and day of and coordinated the event beautifully. We received so many compliments afterwards regarding how smoothly the event was run and how perfect all of the details were. I truly felt no stress leading up to our wedding because of Justine. Justine helped us organize everything down to the smallest detail and the outcome was even better than we could have imagined. We had the most wonderful day because of her! Hire Luana Events; this is the best decision you can make when planning your wedding.

Sent on 08/05/2019

Leyla · Married on 06/21/2019

Great Destination Wedding in Hawaii

We hired the Luana Team for our destination wedding at Kualoa Ranch in O’ahu and we honestly couldn’t have done it without them! Despite some rainy weather at the start, the wedding was beautiful and Justine’s experience helped make it a totally stress-free day. We planned our wedding a year and a half out, so there were a lot of changes to the plan over time — Justine was incredibly accommodating and did an excellent job of working with the vendors to bring our vision to life. We even made several changes the week of, including the size of the bus bringing our guests from Waikiki, and Justine was able to make it happen. Communication was easy — we had lots of email exchanges back and forth and a few phone calls along the way to make sure we were all on the same page. It couldn’t have been any easier! She really made our money go far, and clearly had a great relationship with all the vendors — so much so that we loaded up the few things we brought out and hit the road about 15 minutes later than our guests. If you’re considering an O’ahu wedding from the mainland, we’d highly recommend the Luana Team to help you make it happen!

Sent on 06/30/2019

Kevin Findlay · Married on 06/09/2019

Fantastic Wedding Planner

Justine was absolutely fantastic to work with from start to finish! Her knowledge of our venue at Kualoa Ranch and connections to various venders proved invaluable. Anytime we had questions or needed help deciding on a specific item Justine was there for us. She recommended several vendor options for each step in the process and coordinated everything for us. I never imagined planning a 70 person destination wedding could be so stress free but it was, thanks to her! The end result was the most beautiful wedding we could have imagined. If you decide to hire Justine you certainly will not be disappointed!

Sent on 06/16/2019
  • Y

Yue · Married on 06/06/2019

Best decision ever!

If you want a stress-free, perfectly planned destination wedding, look no further than Justine from Luana Events!

We were both busy students all the way in New York City, never been to Hawaii before, and with no experience at all planning something as complicated as a wedding. From the very beginning, Justine was very accommodating with our schedules to discuss our ideas and vision for the wedding. We also emphasized that we were on a tight budget, and she was able to provide us with many options of venues, vendors, food, etc. that was suitable for us. For us, planning the wedding was mostly a matter of us replying to Justine's emails with our preferences among her options. She has formed great relationships with many vendors all across Hawaii, and it was no surprise when we would hear from the vendors that we were lucky to be in Justine's excellent hands.

Also, something that only people planning their own weddings would quickly realize is that you have no idea where to start for certain things like what rental supples to book and what flowers to get for where! Luckily, Justine took care of all the direct communication with our rental company, florists, venue, etc. and all the paperwork so that we only needed to make very minor changes at the end, saving us tons of time and headache.

Justine is not only great at doing her job, but is also an amazing human being. Besides being extremely experienced and well connected, Justine is also super organized, very easy to communicate to, non-judgmental throughout the whole process and respects every decision and preference of ours, genuine, and trustworthy (we felt comfortable letting her handle every single detail of our wedding form afar and only visited the venue the day before our wedding for the first time).

Our wedding day went perfectly, with Justine and her wonderful assistant running everything behind the scenes. Justine anticipated and managed the only minor thing that came up with poise and she was able to tweak our schedule (a very organized and detailed one that she created for us) a bit to accommodate us. We really could not have asked for a better planner and wedding. In our opinion, she is worth much, much more than what we paid for. Just the ability for us to enjoy Hawaii stress-free in the days leading up to the wedding was well worth the price. It was easily one of the best decisions we have made in planning our wedding. Thank you so much Justine and company!

Sent on 06/17/2019

Jessica Griffin · Married on 05/25/2019

The Best Ever!

You know it was an awesome event when your family and friends keep telling you that the ‘wedding was perfect’! My secret weapon: Luana Events and Justine Miller! Seriously, I knew Justine was amazing during our planning but she continued to prove it right up until the last minute!!! Planning a wedding from Pennsylvania is such a daunting task and when you’re a perfectionist like myself it’s even more of an insane undertaking. Justine was not only my eyes and ears on the ground but my lifesaver! There are so many things you don’t even think about when starting to plan a wedding (like where will the ice come from? When will the cake be delivered so it doesn't melt in the Hawaii sun?) amongst all the things that you do plan. She was there to help through ever question I had and thoughts I didn’t even know to consider!
    She is the most calming personality I’ve ever met! Let me tell you, when our flower girl was having a meltdown behind the scenes right as it’s about to be her moment to walk down the aisle, Justine simply takes her in her arms, talks to her in the most. calming. voice, and manages to get her not only to walk down the aisle but to throw flowers out perfectly with a smile on her face!! And this is just one small example of all the little things she did for us!
    I literally can not say enough positive things about her and all the staff she brings around. Best decision we made for our big day was hiring Justine and Luana Events!

Sent on 06/06/2019

Suketu · Married on 05/25/2019

Amazing Wedding Planner-Thank You!!!

All I can say is WOW!!! Justine was amazing. We live in Pittsburgh and she made setting up our destination wedding so easy. And she was invaluable on the day of the wedding. She had everything and everyone running on schedule and made sure everything was taken care off. We did not have to worry about a thing. From calming down my niece (flower girl) to organizing food/cake cutting/DJ/etc. We got to enjoy our wedding and Justine did all the hard work. We cannot thank her enough. You cannot go wrong with her. A++++++

Sent on 06/12/2019
  • Tali

Tali Homsey · Married on 05/24/2019

Best Decision Ever

Finding the perfect wedding coordinator for a destination wedding was a bit stressful. I emailed 7 coordinators and spoke to 4 of them before finding Justine. She is everything you would want in a coordinator! She’s insanely organized and understood my vision for our wedding just based on limited conversations, emails of my random thoughts, and my pinterest. Also, our wedding was partly DIY, so I had to ship a bunch of stuff to Justine a month before the wedding for her to bring and set-up on the day-of. She understood exactly where everything should go (like the wooden signs, table decorations, etc.). It was amazing to have someone as organized and detail-oriented as Justine. Anytime I would email her a new idea about the decorations or layout, she would respond instantly and with some helpful additional ideas/comments.
    What I especially loved about her was her knowledge of our venue. She’s coordinated tons of weddings at Moli’i Gardens Kualoa Ranch, so she understood what we needed in terms of rental equipment and where everything should be set-up/arranged. I would highly recommend Justine!

Sent on 07/02/2019
  • Andora

Andora Bui Mejia · Married on 03/28/2019

Extremely accommodating and organized!

Justine and her assistant were extremely helpful to us during the wedding planning process and especially on the day of. We are high school sweet hearts who got married on our ten year anniversary. First of our friend group and honestly had no idea what it takes to make a wedding happen. Initially when I contacted justine with my budget and vision she broke it to me kindly that it wasn't realistic but she would be sure to give me the best prices possible. We were back and forth with a lot of things: we ended up getting greenery from a friend who works in construction on the island because i'm sorry but paying $1500 for eucalyptus for a day is a bit much. we brought our own linens and china, we hired our own bartender... there was a lot of cutting back. But Justine was fine with it all and completely understanding of how we wanted the day to go. It was perfect! We are from San Jose, CA and 3 days before our flight to hawaii i dislocated my kneecap riding a mechanical bull on our send away party. I was devastated. I had to be in a brace, wheelchair and crutches. Through it all, Justine allotted me extra time and adjusted so efficiently. I do have to thank all my friends and family for their support as well. They lent a hand wherever I couldn't. Our venue was Waimea Plantation Cottages in Kauai, so we did have to fly Justine and assistant from Oahu. I would still say she was a bargain due to her vender discounts :P - Andora & Zameel Mejia

Sent on 04/03/2019

Rebecca · Married on 12/31/2018

Perfect! Exactly what we needed!!

Justine was a touchdown! My wife and I were working full time jobs up to our wedding and everyone was flying in from across the country - Justine kept track of all of our planning and didn’t miss a beat - more importantly, interacted with vendors and guests to make sure we had a perfect wedding!

Sent on 01/03/2019

Tiffany · Married on 10/22/2018

Wedding Planning

Justine is outstanding and helped to make our wedding the most incredible day! We live in Kansas City and I heard all the stressful tales of planning a destination wedding; but then I found Justine. Working with her made planning so easy and fun! So much so that on the day of the wedding I knew I could relax and focus on soaking it all in because Justine and her team were handling it! She took in all my ideas and, while keeping me in our budget, pull together an fabulous look for our day!
    She far exceeded my husband’s and my expectations! All of her help lead to one magical day!!

Sent on 12/11/2018

Nicole · Married on 10/19/2018

Couldn't have done our wedding without Luana Events!

Planning a wedding in another state isn't easy! Justine was always responsive and helpful. I was able to ship her items to hold on to for the wedding. I sent her photos of exactly how I wanted the setup to be and she even found the perfect backdrop for our photo area and made my vision come to life. She was very thorough in the rehearsal and helped us a ton! We were so grateful she was there during our wedding to guide us through the ceremony, cake cutting, etc. and have a thorough timeline. I knew I was in good hands with all of the vendors as well when she handled them.

Sent on 11/02/2018

Michael · Married on 09/03/2018

Justine was incredible! She helped us with so much throughout the process, and we were trilled by the result.

Justine is directed and efficient. She was patient with our various requests and questions. Highly recommend working with her.

Sent on 09/16/2018

Haven · Married on 09/02/2018

Working with Justine was heaven sent! My husband and I truly appreciate her involvement in our wedding. We could not recommend her more.
    Justine was always kind and helpful - she often would remind us of details or advise on alternative options. For example, she recommended an amazing spot to have our ceremony within our wedding venue which helped us maximize our space as well as creating a genius separation between ceremony and reception activities.
    Justine was also always organized and on top of every detail. She knows all of the vendors personally and masterfully arranged set up and tear down times. Additionally she had the day of timeline down so well I honestly didn’t even have to think about what came next during each point of the day.
    Sending all the aloha to Justine!!! Can’t thank her enough!

Sent on 09/18/2018

Shayne · Married on 08/17/2018

I cannot even begin to explain the wonderful experience I had working with Justine! She was AMAZING! I live in San Francisco, so planning a destination wedding in Oahu was intimidating but Justine made it seamless. I booked her for full planning services and it was the best decision I made. She is responsive, understood my vision, worked with my budget, and helped with any input along the way. She recommended the BEST vendors and we got nothing but compliments from our guests - on the decorations, venue, food, music etc. You will not be disappointed if you go with Justine! I've gained a friend through this experience :)

Sent on 08/26/2018

Samantha · Married on 07/02/2018

Justine is Amazing!! We are from New Zealand so I was thought this would be a stressful experience organizing a wedding overseas. But not with Justine, she helped us with everything and more! I would 100% recommend getting a planner and getting Justine! She is friendly, reliable, helpful and went above and beyond. On the day of the wedding I had no idea how to do anything and she was there every step of the way. Justine took care of literally everything and everyone so none of us needed to worry or do anything, she had it all organised and ready to go. Our day was absolutely perfect because of Justine, we could not of done this on our own.

Sent on 07/10/2018
  • Lauren

Lauren Fernandez · Married on 05/29/2018

After Saying "YES" - Say Yes to Luana Events!

Justine at Luana Events took our wedding vision (a hot mess of bullet points, a pinterest board and lots of texts!) and created the most elegant, spectacular and perfect event. No detail was too small for her. She knew all the local vendors in Kauai, understood the local customs, and made totally on point and on budget recommendations. It didn't take me long after we started working with her to trust her experience and judgment. I recommend you take her lead and give her the space to execute your vision! She understood what was important to us and delivered (even with non-cooperative weather and our scant budget.)

When I got really busy at work weeks before our big date, she mindfully reacted by having regular calls and drilling down every decision to A or B for me. Justine was so incredibly thorough, thoughtful and professional, even on the day of our rehearsal and our big day.

Most importantly: I had a stress-free, blissed-out wedding week with our closest friends and family - I got to enjoy the best day of our lives like our guests did. Hire her as your planner and day of commander. It was the most important thing we paid for, period. I cannot recommend her services enough.

After saying YES, it was the best decision I could have made to hire her and her team.

Sent on 01/13/2019

DI · Married on 05/21/2018

Justine handled my case about One month before the wedding after I had a bad experience with another wedding photographer who promised to do the design and coordination with my wedding. I found Justine on WeddingWire and after inquiry with her. She gave me suggestions and a discount after what she heard my experience. We had a limited time but everything turned out to be perfect. She is really responsive, hard working and easy to communicate. She has a reasonable rate compare to other wedding planner I inquired with. She worked on my budgets really well. The wedding day turned out to be really nice and all of us enjoyed it. I know it is hard to planning a wedding especially it is a destination wedding. I am glad I had Justine helped me with the whole process. I highly recommend Luana Events for anyone who want to have a destination wedding in Hawaii.

Sent on 06/03/2018

Alex · Married on 05/05/2018

Justine was nothing short of amazing.

When we started our wedding planning process, we thought we could just do everything ourselves. After struggling with finding and working with vendors, we were introduced to Justine and Luana Events. We were introduced by a good friend who had nothing but great things to say about her! From the first call we had with Justine, we could see why she had impressed! She clearly knew what she was doing (far more than we did!), was very organized, and on top of everything. We decided to move forward with her quickly, not only as our day-of coordinator but also as our wedding planner.

In the six months leading up to our wedding, Justine was incredibly responsive, organized, and did an amazing job keeping us on schedule. She took over nearly all communication with our vendors, helped us create various schedules and deadlines, and helped us think of things for our wedding that we hadn't even thought of. In the weeks leading up to our wedding, because of all of the work Justine had done, our stress level was very low and we really felt great about everything.

We would highly recommend Justine based solely on the above, however where Justine really shined and set herself apart, was during the rehearsal and wedding day. She took control over the entire situation and did an incredible job. She made sure that everyone was where they needed to be on time - and that went for us, our bridal party, our parents, all of our guests, and our vendors. She helped put out the few fires that popped up and made excellent decisions on our behalf.

Two days after the wedding, she again showed why she is so incredible. She sent us a follow up with the remaining to-dos and asked if there was anything else she could help us with.

Our day was so incredibly special because of the work that she had put into it. We could not recommend her and Luana Events enough. Look no further to find your wedding planner & coordinator!

Sent on 05/12/2018