Lawing Photography Reviews

38 Reviews for Lawing Photography

1 User photo

Lawing Photography 1

Amanda · Married on 10/14/2017

John and Susan are wonderful! They do great work and are easy to be around. I was very glad to have their advice on planning the timeline of my day. They spent the whole day with us and caught every moment. When it came to receiving my pictures, they were very quick and there are so many great shots! If I had to go back and do it again, I would absolutely choose John and Susan again.

Maggie · Married on 09/23/2017

I cannot say enough good things about John and Susan. From the very beginning they were amazing to work with. Our engagement photos I wanted pictures of us holding numbers 1-30 for our table numbers for the reception, little did I know how long that would actually take. These two were so understanding and didn't complain at all. When i didn't have specific places for our wedding photos I left it up to them to pick and they chose some amazing places. They make a great team. We just received all of our wedding photos and I cannot be more happy with them. The Lawings do such a phenomenal job.

Danielle · Married on 08/26/2017

The Lawing’s were great to work with! They were super nice and flexible! The pictures turned out great. I would definitely recommend them!!

Kurt · Married on 07/01/2017

John and Susan were a wonderful choice! Their full-day service was especially appealing, since we had a large gap between our ceremony and the reception. Throughout the day, they both worked hard to capture the little details of our wedding day. The Lawings are extremely professional and personable, and you can tell they enjoy what they do. We planned our wedding from out of state, and were put at ease by how flexible, yet detail-oriented they were while planning our big day. Their quality and service for the price were well beyond what we found throughout our extensive search process. Also, with friends and family all over the country, the online gallery was a huge hit!

If you have the opportunity to book Lawing Photography, you will never go wrong. Their price, quality, planning, experience, and personalities make them a great find. Thank you John and Susan!

Erin · Married on 06/30/2017

We can't thank John and Susan enough for documenting our special day! They were flexible and eager to get all the right shots. Thanks for such a great experience!

Carrie · Married on 06/17/2017

PHENOMENAL! After spending hours upon hours searching for the perfect photographer for our big day we stumbled upon Lawing Photography. They were quick to respond to me after I requested information and after meeting with them we knew that we had found our photographer. They stayed in contact with us throughout the whole planning process and made sure that our wedding timeline was perfect. John and Susan spent time getting to know us and really captured who we were in our wedding pictures.

John and Susan were personable, kind, and helpful. They spent a lot of time making sure everything was perfect; they came to the rehearsal to figure out lighting, came early and stayed late to ensure every aspect that we wanted captured was photographed. I would recommend Lawing Photography to anyone looking for a caring photographer for their wedding who will take the time to get to know you and will ensure that the pictures are flawless (and they come back in 3 weeks!)

michelle · Married on 06/10/2017

I would highly recommend Lawing Photography. John & Susan were amazing to work with. They are both easy to get along with, enthusiastic and extremely flexible. They captured every moment perfectly for our June 2017 wedding. The day of the wedding they are there early getting shots of the details and getting ready pictures and also stay at the reception to get party pictures of everybody. We also added engagement pictures & our rehearsal dinner to our package. John & Susan are very professional and take pride in their work. They demonstrated passion & excitement to help capture our wedding day which we appreciated as a couple. They are affordable and certainly work hard to satisfy the customers with their photography services. the best part is that they had a quick turnaround on getting us our pictures back within three weeks. Their services were truly a joy to receive and we would highly recommend them to any couple who are looking for a photographer for their wedding.

Katie · Married on 05/20/2017

John and Susan were absolutely amazing! My husband and I left our first meeting with them knowing we wanted them to photograph our big day! They are so talented and took wonderful pictures that we will cherish forever. It was great to have our photographers all day long without an outrageous price tag. I would recommend them to all my friends and family!!

Lawing Photography 2

Ann · Married on 05/06/2017

John and Susan were amazing to work with. From the first minute we met them, their professionalism stood out. They made the whole process fun and enjoyable. They made us feel comfortable during the engagement session, and we couldn't wait to get to the wedding day. Then on the big day they kept us on schedule while having fun! Their attention to detail made our pictures turn out better then we could have ever imagined! They captured the whole day, and we love looking back and reliving our day!

Neil · Married on 10/15/2016

John and Susan Lawing are fantastic, amazing, wonderful people and those same qualities are reflected im their work. They truly, truly cater to your needs when it comes to how you want your photos. They are there for you the WHOLE wedding day and even during your rehearsal at no additional cost. They both have an amazing eye for the perfect picture. They're so sweet and kind and your families will also love them. I HIGHLY recommend them to be your photographers for your special day. They are absolutely worth the price, which is not an arm and a leg! They are a fantastic couple that do fantastic work.

Steph · Married on 09/17/2016

John and Susan are AMAZING! We couldn't have asked for anything more in our wedding photography experience. They were both very welcoming, enthusiastic and professional throughout the entire process- from initial meeting up to now, after getting our photos back. John and Susan spoke with us a number of times to understand the timeline of our day. asking questions so that they had every detail down. They were very flexible and understanding of my schedule and indecisiveness, even helping me work through those decisions. I felt extremely comfortable with them from the first time I met with them. John and Susan came to our rehearsal to make sure they were familiar with the layout of our venue, which really speaks to their characters and dedication. On the wedding day, they arrived early and began taking photos right away, capturing absolutely everything! They stayed with us all day and late into the night. We have heard so many of our guests RAVING about how nice they were and how "they got photos of EVERYTHING"! We are thrilled with our experience with Lawing Photography and definitely plan to go through them for future family photos!

Lauren · Married on 07/16/2016

John and Susan made our wedding day so special. They were very professional and asked a lot of questions to help them prepare for the day. I was very undecided on locations and the timeline for the day until the week before the wedding, and they offered suggestions without being pushy, and patiently awaited my final plans. The day of was perfect and they were so helpful and thoughtful throughout the entire day. At the reception, I had family members comment on how great they were, especially that they were non-obtrusive but seemed to capture all the greatest moments of the night. They work well together and make everyone around them feel comfortable. I can not recommend John and Susan Lawing enough!! You won't be disappointed.

Jessica · Married on 06/11/2016

I would highly recommend Lawing Photography! John and Susan photographed my wedding in June 2016 and they did an amazing job. You could not ask for a better service for the cost. They were great to work with through the whole planning process and were always easy to contact in order to make changes to the timeline. They were also very helpful in providing ideas and helped to coordinate the day so everything went smoothly. The day of they were timely, and helped direct all of us for photos and even went above and beyond and brought in personalized props for our photos. I received my images on time after the wedding and they were amazing! They provide a great service and you will not find anyone better for the price. I would recommend them to anyone looking for photography services in the St. Louis area.

kristen · Married on 10/10/2015

They were wonderful! They stayed with us ALL DAY AND NIGHT! They were laid back and easy to work with! Our wedding pictures turned out beautiful! We can't thank them enough!

Tiffany · Married on 09/19/2015

The Lawings did such an amazing job taking pictures for my wedding. I had 6 hours between by ceremony and reception and to find a photographer that would stay with us the whole time for a reasonable price isn't easy. Luckily, the Lawings stay with you for an unlimited amount of time, are extremely flexible, very professional and creative. They also took pictures for my sister's wedding back in 2013 and have truly become part of our family. Now that the weddings are all done we want to start using them for our family photos. I would highly recommend John and Susan.

Connie · Married on 09/18/2015

Lawing photography was at our rehearsal dinner and wedding in September and they did a fabulous job, it's a husband-and-wife team that works wonderful together. John and Susan are very professional and very comfortable to work with. This was our second wedding with John and Susan and we will use them again in the future, we consider them part of the family. We received the pictures back in a few weeks and they turned out awesome. They capture the romance, fun and beauty of the day. I highly recommend Lawing photography.

lacy · Married on 08/29/2015

The Lawings were real great to work with. They did such an amazing job with our engagement, rehearsal and wedding photos. They were also really great with the kids and made them smile and laugh. They also worked around our budget. They are also real kind and amazing people. I would definitely recommend Lawing Photography to everyone!

I am so happy that I used Lawing Photography for my wedding and would recommend them to any bride! John and Susan were so nice to work with and really took the time to make sure my husband and I got the pictures we wanted. They were calm, friendly, organized, and flexible (which is very nice to have on your wedding day- it should be fun, not stressful!). I had multiple people come up to me and comment on how nice the photographers were. They took care of us from the time we booked, to our engagement photos, until our wedding album was done. The photos were great quality and the album was unbelievably gorgeous. Most importantly, Lawing Photography allowed my husband and I to enjoy our wedding day! They did not add any stress and made sure we were enjoying ourselves while doing the photos. I cannot recommend them enough!

Courtney · Married on 06/19/2015

Lawing Photography did an amazing job capturing the best moments from our special day. There were completely engaged and I felt that they truly cared about making our day the best of our lives. They did a great job organizing and researching places for us to take pictures and took time to have a back up plan if the weather did not participate. I would hire them again in the future.

Sarah · Married on 06/13/2015

The Lawings were wonderful to work with! From the moment we met them through engagement photos to our rehearsal and wedding day, their enthusiasm and quality of work was more than we could have asked for. I would definitely recommend them for future weddings. We plan use them again for other photography that we would like done as well.

MONICA · Married on 05/23/2015

John and Susan were a great photographers to work with! They were fabulous from the start with the engagement session. They made us feel comfortable and took great images. They even incorporated our dog into the session with no reservations. Fast forward to the weekend of the wedding and we could not have been happier. They came to the rehearsal at the church and took photos. The day of the wedding was wonderful. Susan stayed with me while I got ready and John went with my husband. They took a ton of pictures and we loved them all. They are very easy to work with and posted our wedding images within weeks of our big day. I highly recommend using Lawing Photography.

Amanda · Married on 05/09/2015

John and Susan were amazing! They captured our wedding perfectly and worked with every idea that I threw their way. They were like part of the family by the end.. I would not recommend anyone else but these two wonderful people.

John & Susan were the photographers at my wedding this past December. They've done two other weddings in my family and I imagine we will continue to see the Lawings as our extended family grows. Their end product is exceptional - we have so many beautiful photos to pick from. We couldn't have asked for a better experience either. The Lawings are very professional, patient, attentive and open-minded. We were struggling to decide on a location to take our wedding pictures (we wanted something different from the usual downtown/Forest Park pictures). John & Susan made a few suggestions and since they hadn't done any weddings recently for their suggested locations, they went and scoped out each potential site! They took pictures and then sent us these shots so we had visuals of what the areas looked like currently and to get ideas of potential wedding shots. We ended up with very unique wedding photos and can't thank the Lawings enough!

Valerie · Married on 11/08/2014

John and Susan were amazing!!! They did an exceptional job. They took so many photos, more than expected to insure every moment was captured. They were readily available by phone or email. They were willing to travel wherever we needed them and were always very patient and professional. I sent them pictures of poses I would like and they printed them all out and brought them on the wedding day to insure I got all the poses I wanted. The pictures turned out beautiful and the wedding album was amazing. They were the best photographers for our wedding.

Awesome couple! They made us laugh and have fun. I strongly recommend them because they are easy going and listen to what you want.