Lauren James Events Reviews

83 | Philadelphia, PA

83 Reviews for Lauren James Events

Lindsey Citron · Getting married on 01/05/2021

Jamie is the best

Jamie was phenomenal at helping us plan our day. We appreciated so much her attention to detail, her positive attitude, and her aptitude for problem solving so quickly that we often didn’t even realize there were issues. On the wedding day, any wonder or question that came up Jamie had already thought of and was in the process of solving. She is truly the reason our wedding day went off with our a hitch. We loved every minute of the year and a half that we worked with Jamie, and by the end she felt like both a member of our team and a member of our family; we cannot say enough about her level of service!

Sent on 06/05/2019

Lauren James Events's reply:

Thank you so much for your sweet words, Lindsey! It was so nice to be a part of your wedding weekend.

Susan Schonfeld - Mother Of The Bride · Married on 02/12/2020

Exceptional!!

This team is the best! We worked with Jamie - she is top-notch! Extremely well organized, highly responsive, detailed and very in touch with what we wanted. She helped bring my daughter's vision of her wedding to life and then some!! She went above and beyond with every detail. She intuitively knew what we wanted and made it all happen!! We would highly recommend them to anyone/everyone - best decision we made in the wedding journey!! Thank you LJ Events!!!

Sent on 12/16/2019

Lauren James Events's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Susan! We loved being a part of Molly's wedding - it was such a beautiful day!!
  • Ida

Ida Micaily · Married on 11/09/2019

The best of the best

Lauren and Jamie are truly outstanding professionals to work with in all aspects of wedding planning. I hired them because one of my best friends was one of the most organized and best brides that I had ever seen on her wedding day. I used their full services at the time of the beginning of the wedding process, and they were both with me throughout the entire process. Lauren truly became a friend- someone who understood my wishes, advocated for the aesthetic that I was hoping for, and she truly found a way to meet all needs that I had including my budget. On my wedding day, I felt as though my friend was celebrating my special day with me. I was calm and at ease that I was truly in the best hands, and my wedding day was truly the best day of my life because of the team that LJ Events helped me comprise. The primary compliment from all guests was that it was the most seamless wedding that they had ever seen. I would recommend them to every bride; they are truly outstanding.

Sent on 11/21/2019

Lauren James Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Ida! It was so special to be a part of your wedding - we loved every minute of the planning and your gorgeous day!!
  • Jaimee

Jaimee Bees · Married on 11/02/2019

The best money spent!

Working with Jamie to plan our wedding was probably the best decision we made. She made the process so easy and took so much work off of our plates. She was able to recommend vendors, arrange meetings and relayed anything we wanted done to our vendors - even arranged our meetings with vendors. Jamie payed attention to every detail and was on top of everything! When planning our wedding with her I felt like I could ask her anything about the wedding process, not just wedding detail questions. She was super responsive and always found an answer or way to get the things done that we wanted done. She was truly the best!

Sent on 12/04/2019

Lauren James Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Jaimee! We loved being a part of such a special weekend for you and your family!
  • I

Ilana Glassner · Married on 10/12/2019

We love LJE!

Finding the right wedding planner was our first, and arguably most important, decision when we started planning our wedding. We asked around for recommendations and kept hearing the name, Lauren James Events, and we're so glad we did! When we met with Jamie from LJE, we felt easy chemistry and were immediately impressed with LJE's expertise and full-service offerings, and post-meeting, their responsiveness and attention to detail. When we signed on, we didn't quite realize just how *full service* LJE is. We had a large, backyard wedding, which requires A LOT of planning. Over the course of the year, LJE managed over a dozen vendors and helped us navigate countless decisions from the tiniest details (e.g., string light placement) to the biggest decisions (e.g., our rain plan). LJE kept us on track throughout the year-long planning process and, most importantly, on our actual wedding day. It's not hyperbole when I say our wedding was perfectly executed thanks to LJE. We wouldn't change a thing about our wedding day. Working with LJE was the best decision we made throughout the entire wedding planning process... besides our decision to get married in the first place :) Thank you, Jamie and the whole LJE team!!

Sent on 10/23/2019

Jenny and Max Moline · Married on 09/08/2019

Absolutely incredibly unbelievably amazing!

Lauren (and LJ Events) was just so perfectly amazing for us! She took everything we told her and suggested to her and crafted the best wedding that was the perfect blend of our personalities - and all of her vendor suggestions were not only within budget but were amazing and helped to create a wonderful day. We never had to worry about any of the behind-the-scenes vendor or logistical aspects of things; she went above and beyond to make sure everything went smoothly. It was the best day ever - thanks to Lauren and LJ Events! Thank you!

Sent on 09/23/2019

Lauren James Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Jenny + Max! Loved being a part of your day and the planning process! It was a beautiful wedding.
  • Jeremy

Jeremy Zarou · Married on 07/12/2019

The BEST Ever - Do not get married without LJ Events

My wife and I worked with Jamie & Lauren at LJ Events for our wedding and honestly could not imagine our day without them. With all the money that gets spent on the wedding day, the wedding planner was easily the best money spent. Now looking back, it would have been extremely silly and detrimental to the outcome of our wedding day to have not hired any wedding planner, but more specifically Jamie & Lauren.

From months out, their attention to detail is unrivaled. Their constant interaction with you calms you knowing that while you may not know everything or have thought of everything you don't need to because you have them. They stayed on top of everything pre-wedding, including important details you couldn't dream of thinking of. When you thought their value couldn't get better - they will blow you away the day of. Our wedding day could have easily spiraled at the first sign of "disaster" and while they can and will put out each and every fire - they don't even allow one to spark. They kept the day lighthearted and fun - outside of about 15 minutes of family photos we felt zero stress the entire day. They really allow your wedding day to be what you dreamed of your whole life.

We felt like we knew Jamie & Lauren for years and it's really a testament to their business and their personalities. It's more than just a business transaction for them; they treat your wedding like it's their own and they just know what needs to be done and they do it before you even realize it needs to be done. They are both incredible and they eliminate all the stress you may be feeling so you can truly enjoy each and every small detail you spent months on and enjoy your wedding day without having to be your own wedding planner throughout the event.

Don't for a second think you can do this day without them - you can, but you won't enjoy your wedding. You cannot be your own day of planner and neither can your mom or dad or your sister or your photographer. Just do it. Hire LJ Events - then sit back and relax knowing that you just nailed the most important decision regarding the wedding outside of choosing your life-long partner.

Thank you Jamie & Lauren. We are forever grateful for the two of you and truly the day would not have been perfect without you both :)

Love,
    Jeremy & Annie

Sent on 12/16/2019

Lauren James Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Jeremy and Annie!! It was amazing working with you both and being a part of your wedding day. We loved every minute!
  • Samara

Samara Witte · Married on 06/22/2019

Absolutely amazing

I can not even put into words how amazing Jamie is , she made my wildest dreams come true through her numerous connections and she was ALWAYS ready with a suggestion when I wanted another “WOW” factor or when I had a dream she made it a reality. On the actual day of the wedding I swear she was a magician .... she had everything down to a science and under control I did not stress once. I left the most important day of my life that I had been planning since I was a little girl in her hands and she made it PERFECT. I can not say enough about her , I miss talking to her! She is an amazing person and an even more amazing planner !!!! Not to mention the next morning she shared an album of pics she had taken throughout the whole day that were amazing - just one of the little added bonuses you would get if you work with Jamie!

Sent on 07/08/2019

Lauren James Events's reply:

Thank you so much for your note, Samara! It was so great to be a part of your wedding weekend! Love these pics!

Chris Connolly · Married on 06/15/2019

Incredible Experience

I am not a person who often writes reviews, but in this case I must. Jamie Nadeau was awesome in every way possible - organized, calm, responsive, and a pure pleasure to work with. Did I mentioned organized? She was on top of every detail I could think of, and quite a few I didn’t think of. I was initially undecided whether to hire a wedding planner or not, but I encourage all brides to take the plunge, especially with LJEvents. You will not be disappointed and they will make your special day run smoothly and flawlessly! Connolly/Werner wedding - 6/15/19.

Sent on 06/17/2019

Lauren James Events's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Chris! It was so special to be a part of Kate and Kevin's wedding.

samantha januszeski · Married on 06/01/2019

Impeccable

Jamie and Lauren were absolute perfection. We had no plans to get a planner because we are organized, and figured we could work it out ourselves. In the hopes that it'd relieve a little pressure during a busy time, we booked Lauren James Events and it was truly the best decision we made for this wedding. They go above and beyond what you think a planner might do. Every detail you won't think of, I guarantee they already have. They managed the day beautifully and made it feel seamless and calm, for both the families and the guests - not an easy feat with families and wedding parties that are anxious to make the wedding "perfect." I can't recommend Lauren James Events highly enough, and am so grateful for everything they've done for us and our wedding.

Sent on 06/03/2019

Lauren James Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Samantha! It was an incredible day! We loved being a part of it all and can’t wait to see more pictures!
  • Stephanie

Lindsey · Married on 05/25/2019

Jamie Nadeau: Simply The Best

Maybe you'll be lucky enough to hire Jamie for your event. Our daughter's wedding was simply perfect and she is largely responsible. While the bride and groom live in Philly, both sets of parents are out of town, so this was a destination wedding for us and most of the guests. I thank our lucky stars every day that we found her. Lauren James Entertainment was the number one wedding planner recommendation of every wedding venue we toured and after one initial telephone conversation it was easy to see why. We worked exclusively with Jamie, who is delightful; knowledgeable, professional, experienced, warm and easy to talk to. Honestly, she left no stone unturned. Even though our wedding was a year and a half out when we hired her, and in the beginning she had clients with more pressing needs than ours, we were always made to feel that we were a priority. The wedding was scheduled for a holiday weekend and Jamie helped us to secure some of the city's most highly sought vendors promptly so we wouldn't be closed out. Early on, Jamie worked with us in establishing and organizing our parameters - number of guests, style of reception, meeting with the bride and groom to talk about their vision and expectations. She listened so well to us in our initial conversations that her recommendations were spot on. She created meeting and planning timelines with our vendors as well as a meticulous spreadsheet of expenditures. She helped us establish wedding blocks at area hotels for out of town guests and kept track of the bookings so we knew who was staying where, and she assisted us in planning events for the wedding weekend. She attended vendor meetings along with us and took scrupulous notes, and worked with us to negotiate contracts She advised as to where we should be spending money and did not hesitate to steer us away from the things we didn't need. In the week leading up to the wedding she worked every day making sure everything we expected came to fruition. She created the welcome bags for out of town guests and delivered them to each of the hotels. She surprised the bride and groom by having their room upgraded to a phenomenal suite. On the wedding day, Jamie never left our side - in the bridal suite beginning early morning with the bridesmaids, orchestrating the hair and makeup people, the photographer and videographer, lunch delivery for everyone, rode the wedding trolley with the bridal party to the bride and groom's first look and photos, at the venue for formal photos, and once at the venue, managed the catering staff and band so that the timing of everything ran smoothly. We actually had to beg her to take a break and eat dinner. I've never seen her lose her cool and as a result, the bride and groom and their parents were able to relax and simply enjoy our family's wedding. Weddings are highly emotional occasions, but thanks to Jamie the only emotions we experienced are tears of joy, and total elation. We cannot thank her enough

Sent on 06/09/2019

Lauren James Events's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Stephanie! It was so special to be a part of Lindsey and Brad's wedding weekend.
  • Kristine

Kristine Walters · Married on 04/06/2019

Perfect Wedding Planners

This is a hard review for me to write, because there is so much to say about how incredible Jamie and her team were throughout the entire wedding planning process. Where to begin...
    When you start working with Lauren James they make sure that they understand your vision and your vibe. They take into consideration what you say and feel and also try to accommodate the expectations of your parents and your guests. They can see the big picture, even if you can't.
    Jamie and her team are also connected throughout the entire Philadelphia area so they only introduce you to the best vendors to work with and believe me when I say they will assemble an all-star team for you! Our band, our venue, our photographer, our flowers and invitations were all amazing and that is thanks to Jamie coordinating with all of them.
    Jamie and her team are also hands on from day 1 of planning, which I appreciated because I had so many questions throughout the year of planning the Wedding. And she answered each of my questions with patience and grace via email, phone and text. Jamie and Lauren James are always there for you and are happy to provided peace of mind constantly.
    The Wedding Weekend would not have happened without Jamie and the Lauren James team. They were there throughout Friday and Saturday and even assisted on Sunday. Jamie and her team were there to wrangle family members, set up photo opportunities, hold my bouquet, and much, much more. Not to mention that their attention to detail and enthusiasm made the Weekend special.
    I cannot imagine planning my Wedding without Jamie and I cannot imagine my Wedding Weekend going so smoothly without Jamie and her team. Lauren James is incredible and every bride should use their services!

Sent on 05/11/2019

Lauren James Events's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words, Kristine! It was so special to be a part of your wedding weekend.
  • Jaclyn

Jaclyn · Married on 02/23/2019

The best!!

The best decision I have ever made (aside from saying yes to my husband) was choosing work with Lauren James Events as our wedding planners. I am a very detail oriented person and live for a good to do list but we knew we needed a wedding planner from day one and so it was a priority to seek out the best. LJ Events came highly recommended and exceeded our expectations. From the first day we met both Jamie and Lauren- it was like planning with my best friends- they completely understood our vision for our wedding. I knew we would be a perfect fit. Within hours we had signed our contract and began working with Jamie. We explained what we were looking for, for our wedding and Jamie quickly provided us a list of recommendations for vendors tailored to our taste and budget. She was beyond helpful with setting up appointments, listening to our pro and con lists and assisting us with finding who would be the perfect fit. Jamie's responsiveness (seriously, minutes), professionalism and attention to detail constantly amazed and impressed me. Jamie attended many of our vendor meetings and helped us to make the right decisions- to see what we wanted and needed and to help clarify our vision when it sometimes blurred. As the wedding got closer, Jamie and I would meet to discuss any outstanding items on our fluid to do lists and to just relieve the stress that comes with wedding planning- I would leave these meetings feeling like I had just come from an afternoon with a friend (which she now is) and with all of my to-do's checked off. Not only were LJ Events a key part of our wedding planning, I would be remiss to fail to mention the day of. My husband had been side-planning with Jamie for months to give me gifts each hour of the getting ready day. Jamie handled that so seamlessly on top of making me the calmest, happiest bride there has ever been. From the time Jamie and Lauren arrived I knew I was putting the best day of my life in the most capable hands. I did not worry about anything (and I did not need to)- everything was taken care of and if anything came up, I still do not know about it. We are so lucky to have worked with LJ Events for our wedding and could not recommend them more.

Sent on 03/31/2019

Lauren James Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Jaclyn! We really appreciate it! Everything was amazing and we loved planning with you!!
  • Steve

Steve Bialick · Married on 02/23/2019

5 stars is not enough stars

Not sure where to begin with Jamie and LJ Events. From the day we met Lauren and Jamie until 2am at the conclusion of our wedding’s after party…and still, now, 5 weeks later…we have been ranting and raving to our family and friends about our wedding planner. More than just the actual planning itself, but the timely, friendly, FUN, and professional way they conduct themselves in the event planning industry. To say that wedding planning would have been survivable WITHOUT Jamie is a blatant lie (and not just because she also served as my wife’s therapist for the last year). Beyond giving us a list of the best vendors, setting up – and going to – those meetings, Jamie led us through the wedding planning process in a way that we can only describe as perfect. On the day of our wedding, everything was seamlessly executed and beyond our wildest dreams. To date, beyond the décor/food/music/atmosphere, our family and friends continue to talk about the timing and the flow of what we consider the best day ever. The fun/elegant/party vibe that came through with LJ Events at its backbone is something we will never forget and can’t thank them enough for. We cannot recommend them enough, there will be absolutely zero regrets.

Sent on 04/03/2019

Lauren James Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Steve! This means so much and we loved working with you to create the perfect weekend!
  • Alex

Alex Goldstein · Married on 12/01/2018

Absolutely amazing wedding planners

Jamie was an invaluable part of my wedding day! She was technically a month of/day of planner for me, but she worked with me for the entire year and a half of my engagement on logistics and timelines. Jamie thought of every little detail, from timing to personal items to family dynamics, and she did it all with a smile on her face. I can't thank Jamie enough for making my wedding day run so smoothly.

Sent on 12/05/2018

Lauren James Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Alex! It was so great being a part of your wedding! What a beautiful day it was!
  • Samantha

Samantha · Married on 10/20/2018

Absolutely amazing!

Working with Jamie over the past year and a half has been absolutely amazing. Jamie is amazing at what she does and she will not disappoint. From the moment I sent her an initial e-mail all the way through our wedding ceremony and reception last Saturday, Jamie was organized, thorough, professional, warm, and VERY good at her job. She was always accessible, especially when we hit little snags throughout the planning process. In all honesty, our wedding would not have been what it was (which is exactly what we wanted) without her and Lauren James Events! I cannot recommend Lauren James Events highly enough!

Sent on 10/30/2018

Lauren James Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Samantha! It was so special to be a part of your wedding and getting to know you through the process!

Julie · Married on 09/15/2018

First of all, understand that I am incredibly picky with (sometimes) impossibly high standards. I rarely feel compelled to write reviews because most times I am left disappointed in some way with contractors and vendors.

Not so with Lauren James Events.

My daughter first learned of LJ Events from a friend of hers who married a few years back - a wedding that was featured in Bride’s. So when my daughter became engaged, she consulted with this friend about vendors. Jamie from LJ Events was at the very top of the list.

This particular wedding was difficult to plan because I am located in CA, the bride was in NYC and the wedding was in Philly. Because of this, there were so many things that popped up that I did not anticipate in the months leading up to the wedding, but Jamie did. And that made what could have been a very stressful time for me much less so.

Details are what make a wedding weekend the most memorable and Jamie has the details down to a science. But what stood out the most was Jamie’s willingness to go WAY above and beyond what was required. From hunting down a lost wedding certificate and replacing it to hauling a bunch of last-minute purchases to the hotel – and when I say a bunch, I mean completely filling up her SUV – to never, ever being thrown off her game and being a constant calming presence when hurricanes were threatening (literally) and venues decided to rip up floors right before the wedding. She is what kept me sane.

Bottom line, Jamie and LJ events are hands-down the best wedding planners and I would not hesitate to recommend them or speak to anyone about their services. You not only will not be disappointed but completely blown away. Use them.

Sent on 10/04/2018

Lauren James Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Julie! We loved being a part of everything!

Rosalie · Married on 09/08/2018

Jamie was beyond amazing and I couldn’t be more thankful to have had her on my wedding day and through the whole wedding planning process! I truly don’t know what I would have done without her!

Sent on 09/10/2018

Lauren James Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Rosalie! It was amazing working with you!

Priya · Married on 08/11/2018

We strongly recommend Lauren James Events to help you plan your wedding. Lauren is an amazing wedding planner and also an amazing person. She helped us throughout the wedding process and came with us to various floral design meetings and joined us on some vendor calls. Lauren handled all the nitty gritty parts of wedding planning such as vendor communications etc. She answered all of our questions and was very helpful, friendly, and happy. The day of Lauren and Jamie made the wedding day go by seamlessly!! I was not stressed at all. They were efficient, down to business while also being positive and happy and making the day fun. They were by our side the whole time, and we are happy with how the day turned out. Feel free to Direct Message me if you want to know more! I can write so much more about them!! :)

Sent on 08/27/2018

Lauren James Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Priya! It was amazing to be a part of your wedding!

Sara · Married on 07/07/2018

Jamie and Lauren helped my husband and I plan our wedding while he was closing a work deal and I was in medical school (needless to say they are very accommodating), and it turned out absolutely perfect!

Sent on 07/10/2018

Emily · Married on 06/22/2018

We absolutely could not have put together such an elegant wedding and have all the complex logistics work so well without Lauren James Events! From the minute I spoke to Lauren on the phone I knew we would work well together, but I had no idea how invaluable her organizational skills, her know-how, her advice and truly her presence - her delightfully calm, but hands-on approach - were to all the prep and of course, the wedding day. I consider myself an extremely capable party planner and an experienced hostess and still I marvel at how amazing she is. I felt like she was my best friend throughout the planning process and I could turn to her for support and guidance, and she even went one step further and resolved issues. On the wedding day, she kept things running smoothly and made my daughter (the Bride) and all of us as stress-free as possible so we could enjoy the spectacular day and perfect weather (she even took the forecasted storms away)! She went above and beyond for the whole year leading up to the "big" day. She checked and double-checked all my contracts so I could have peace of mind. I look forward to sharing more celebrations in the future and would recommend Lauren and Jamie to anyone who is planning anything. They should be the first call after an engagement is announced!

Sent on 06/26/2018

Lauren James Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Emily! We loved working with you!!

Alex · Married on 06/08/2018

Jamie and Lauren are incredible at what they do and are a pleasure to work with. Throughout the planning process we worked with Lauren and from day 1, it was clear she was seasoned and her knowledge would be invaluable. The confidence we felt in her put us at ease. They were extremely flexible and accommodating in providing the level of service that suite our needs best. From a planning standpoint, she was extremely organized and her timelines kept us on track so there would be no oversights and added stress later on. She made us aware of things we would have not otherwise thought of when planning and was extremely responsive communicating. A couple of weeks before the wedding she coordinated with all of our vendors so they were all on the sample page and put together a schedule of the entire day (starting at 645 AM, literally going until 1 AM). It scares me to imagine what it would have been like without them day of! There are so many moving parts that day and they were on top of everything so it felt seamless and prepared for anything that went wrong. They will go above and beyond to make sure your day is perfect - no questions asked. When we had a small hiccup (one of our groomsmen ripped his pants 3 hours before the ceremony) they stayed calm and literally went to Mens Wearhouse and got our groomsmen new pants. They are PERFECT and I would suggest them to anyone who wants to enjoy themselves on their special day. I would love an excuse to work with them again in the future!

Sent on 06/24/2018

Lauren James Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Alex! It was so special working with you and Brian.

Barbara · Married on 06/08/2018

Lauren and her team made our daughter’s wedding run flawlessly. We hired Lauren because we were from out-of-town and needed help with logistics and finding vendors. Because of Lauren’s meticulous planning before and the day-of the wedding, we enjoyed every minute. Lauren also had the best hair and makeup people. I’ve never seen a group of more gorgeous girls in my life!

Sent on 06/25/2018

Lauren James Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Barbara!!

Catherine · Married on 05/25/2018

Jamie of LJEvents was our wedding planner and I can't say enough good things about our experience with her. Jamie is incredibly organized and responsive, plus just being an all around delightful person to work with. I organize a lot of events myself in my business life, so I have pretty high standards already, and Jamie far exceeded my every expectation. She anticipated every step along the way, and knows all the vendors in the Philadelphia area. Every other vendor we worked with, from the caterer to the DJ to the florist, said "oh Jamie's the best" and they were right! She worked tirelessly for us, answering emails quickly even on weekends and evenings. By the time we got to the big day, we could just sit back and enjoy being at our own wedding, while Jamie and the LJEvents team ran the show and managed every detail. Our family and guests raved that it was the best wedding they've ever been too. And a special thanks to Jamie for putting up with my husband's goofy jokes along the way. :)

Sent on 05/29/2018

Lauren James Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Catherine! It was so special to be by your side throughout the process!!

Maureen · Married on 04/27/2018

Working with LJ Events and Lauren in particular was the best wedding decision we made. Her attention to detail and responsiveness made decision making easy and effortless (at least on our end!). We enjoyed our wedding weekend, stress-free, because of Lauren's leadership. Vendor concerns or questions were handled without our knowledge and we had the best weekend of our lives. Our family members were so impressed and well taken care of day-of. My hard-to-impress MIL was raving to all of her friends about the level of service.. I could not recommend LJ Events more.

Sent on 05/02/2018

Lauren James Events's reply:

Thank you so much, Maureen! It was so special to be a part of your wedding day!!