Kirby Martin Cinematography Reviews

12 | Charlottesville, VA

12 Reviews for Kirby Martin Cinematography

12 Kirby Martin Cinematography Reviews

Tiffany · Married on 05/10/2015

Kirbys video's are the best! Very easy to work with, reasonable pricing, and responsive and flexible to your needs.

Kirby was such a pleasure to work with and made me and my husband extremely comfortable on our wedding day! I would highly recommend him for your special event!

Lizelle · Married on 10/19/2013

Kirby Martin did a fantastic job on our wedding films! We were so pleased with the final products. He was very professional and easy to work with throughout the whole process.

The films captured all of the moments throughout our special day in a very cinematic way. We've watched both films over and over again.

Ashley · Married on 07/13/2013

Kirby was such an awesome, fun photographer. We loved being able to pick the songs we wanted for each video...it made them that much more special. He was super easy to work with and very professional. Everyone who's seen our videos comments that they are the best wedding video's they've ever seen. He also worked extremely well with our photographer. Everyone also commented that he did a great job of "staying out of the way". Somehow he managed to catch every special moment without us even knowing he was there.

Anna · Married on 06/22/2013

I have to admit I was a bit skeptical at first about getting a cinematographer, I didn’t think we needed one, that the pictures would be enough. But then I stumbled upon the wedding film of a beautiful wedding that took place in Charlottesville, where my husband I had also decided to get married. The film captured the feel of the day, the love between the couple, the excitement of everyone there. I knew then I had to have a wedding film and knew exactly who I had to hire, the man that had created this amazing video, Kirby Martin. Kirby was a dream to work on my wedding day. We barely knew he was there, silently capturing all the little moments of the day, unnoticed by everyone there. When I viewed the finish product with my family and friends we all started to cry, Kirby had captured the day perfectly in a way that was completely different from pictures. He was able to capture the atmosphere, the feeling in the air, the love between my husband and me, the excitement of our family and friends, the magic that was in the air that day. If you’re debating whether or not to do hirer a cinematographer I have to two pieces of advice, first off DO IT, and secondly, CALL KIRBY MARTIN!

Maria · Married on 06/15/2013

For high quality, cinematic videos, I highly recommend Kirby Martin. He provides an unobtrusive style, which allowed him to get natural, candid shots. Overall, he was a pleasure to work with.

Teresa · Married on 05/26/2013

Kirby Martin went way above the call of duty and did a terrific job with the wedding video. The final product is absolutely beautiful. He produced a video that we all have watched over and over.

Very happy with the style and creativity of the videos of the wedding and the events before and after the wedding. You went out of your way to capture moments that we never would have thought of on our own.
    There is only 1 chance to capture the special moments that mean so much to us --- you did it so well.
    Thank you !

Laura · Married on 05/25/2013

While one or two wedding pictures may hang in your home after the big day, you will never get from a photo what Kirby can give you in one of his incredible wedding films.

Kirby is a director, not just a cinematographer. In 5 and 10 minute mini-movies, he gave my husband and I a way to relive our special day forever. Even more so, we have a memento to share with friends and family around the world and have a way to witness each of the details we spent months planning as our guests did on the big day! He combines song with in-motion video in a short entertaining way. It is an unmatched memento and the best decision I made throughout the wedding planning process, excluding the choice of husband :)

I was so in love with Kirby's mini-movies of our wedding, I called him months later requesting to purchase the "raw footage". While this is much more reminiscent of traditional videography (hours), he caught everything and I love it, from candid moments of me and my girls getting ready, to my mom's pep talk the morning of, to the violin procession of my soon-to-be husband down the aisle before I was even at the venue, every reading and speech from loved ones, and, of course, our fun dance party late into the night!

Kirby's uncanny ability to capture all moments, both large and small, will allow us to cherish every precious moment of our wedding for years to come. He is a true artist and a pleasure to deal with both before and during the wedding.

Avan · Married on 05/18/2013

Videography was the splurge item for our wedding so we knew that it was an investment, however we had no regrets in the end. My husband agreed to Kirby only after watching many of his other videos and agreeing that his hand was steady and did not make him feel queasy, like other wedding videos that I showed him. Our videos were absolutely perfect and captured things that I hadn't even had the chance to see on my wedding day. Both my husband and I enjoyed working with Kirby as did our photographer. He was more than willing to ride wherever we went for photos and caught so much of our getting ready moments. The presentation of the videos was great in that we could email and send the website and ended up with hard-copies later on. I would highly recommend Kirby to anyone looking for a wedding video, you won't regret it.

Maritel · Married on 05/04/2013

Kirby was one of the last vendors that we booked for our wedding because we were having trouble finding a videographer with a style that we loved, but we were referred to him by friends at the last minute, and am I ever glad that we found him! I've watched our two wedding videos so many times that it's unhealthy. So many of our family and friends have complimented the video. I can't say enough good things about it, but perhaps the best endorsement I can give is to tell you to watch the "Maritel & Djerame mini-feature" on his website.

The quality is great, we love the style of the editing, we had the finally products in our possession really quickly, and I think the videos show off our personalities well. It's so much easier to watch these two videos than to bring up our wedding album online, which is why I'm glad we didn't decide NOT to book a videographer. Other great things about working with Kirby:
    - he's super friendly and tries not to make you feel uncomfortable about sometimes having a camera in your face
    - he's open to editing suggestions. I had two very small minor edits/requests for our highlight feature, which he was happy to do, and quickly.
    - he doesn't take time away from your photographer. I've seen other another videographer at work who will film you separate from the photographer, but I think this takes up precious wedding day time. He instead chooses to film alongside the photographer, filming us in poses that the photographer suggests, while also making suggestions of his own for the video.

Absolutely book him. I've already recommended him to several of my engaged friends, and seen the finished product for two of them - he did a fantastic job on their videos as well.

Lauren · Married on 07/25/2009

Kirby was fantastic! He was really flexible in helping us come up with a coverage schedule for the day of the wedding! He was very attentive to getting footage of the bridal party as well as the guests! We were very pleased with his demeanor and professionalism! He was a really great guy and very easy to work with! He sent us a sample of his work before-hand which just put us at ease! As a bride I felt as though I could just say "do what you do best" and I am confident that I will love the video when it is finished! It was wonderful to work with such a qualified professional who I did not have to think twice about all day long!! I would definitely recommend Kirby to any young fun couples who want a video that they will still like when they are 50 but want it to pertain to how they are as a couple at 25!