Kimberly Kay Photography Reviews

Kimberly Kay Photography 2
  • Alaina

Alaina · Married on 07/13/2019

We love Kimberly Kay!

Kimberly is an absolute rockstar and the ultimate pro! We talked to several different wedding photographers at the start of our wedding planning and as soon as we talked to Kimberly, we knew it was a perfect fit. Hearing about her experience, approach to shooting weddings, and passion for photography gave us the utmost confidence that she was the perfect person to capture our big day—and she exceeded our (already high) expectations!

Kimberly truly went above and beyond at every stage of the process! She and her husband traveled up to Seattle to shoot our engagement photos and we had a wonderful time! This experience was so valuable because it helped us get comfortable in front of the camera before our wedding. We got so many wonderful shots that we had a hard time choosing which ones we would include on our save the dates and wedding website.

And on the day of our wedding she truly shined! She corralled all of our family members to make sure we got all of the family photos we wanted, set aside time for us to get sunset photos in a spectacular setting, and I never had to worry about taking pictures myself or about whether a certain moment was going to be captured because I had the utmost confidence in Kimberly and her second shooter, Rob. She also generously offered to have her husband video our ceremony when she found out my grandparents couldn’t come at the last minute because of health reasons.

We are so grateful for Kimberly and cannot recommend her enough!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Sent on 07/27/2019
  • Selene

Selene · Married on 01/19/2019

The BEST decision

Kimberly Kay Photography is hands down the best choice of vendor I made for my wedding day. Not only was she very reasonably priced, by comparing her photographs with other photographers she was easily the best I saw (check out her instagram). In my price she even included an engagement shoot. Since we had already had one, she let me substitute a boudoir shoot, something I had wanted to do but was going to cost $1000 in my city. She was so fun to work with, very responsive, and made us feel so comfortable. She even offered to take more pictures the day after our wedding because it didnt snow on our wedding day. Choosing Kimberly Kay will be the best decision you make!!

Sent on 02/26/2019

Caitlyn Gilbert · Married on 01/05/2019

Amazing photographer!

Kim was one of the first vendors my husband and I hired for our wedding, and we are so glad we did! Kim did our engagement pictures as well and they turned out absolutely beautiful. We told her that we really love the Sisters area and wanted to do our engagement shoot there and she took us to two of the most gorgeous places. She captured us so beautifully.
    We couldn’t be happier with our wedding photos. We got married in January and were hoping for a white wedding. Unfortunately it didn’t snow but Kim was able to take us to a beautiful location and we got some breathtaking snow pictures. She is an incredible photographer and I would recommend her to anyone. You will not be disappointed with hiring her!

Sent on 02/26/2019
    Kimberly Kay Photography 3
    Kimberly Kay Photography 4

Monica · Married on 06/30/2018

Everything We Hoped For!

If you are looking for a photographer whose artistry speaks of both talent and dedication, look no further. Once we saw her work from shooting a friend’s wedding, our intuition told us that she was the perfect fit for capturing what would be one of our most special days! She exceeded our expectations not just in the top-notch work she consistently produced but also in the character that makes up who she is.

We still get the fluttery feeling when looking at our engagement and wedding photos even though it is almost one year later. We attribute that to not only the “newlywed phase” but also to how blown away we are at her insights. Despite the tricky venue due to smoky air coupled with overcast light, she capitalized on the unique lighting opportunities and different ways to focus or soften to capture a moment or feeling. In looking through our photos, it was also clear that she saw the importance of all things big and small, from the landscape surroundings to the close-ups of hugs and priceless expressions.

Equally important to the product was her work style, effort, and commitment. Kimberly was responsive, thoughtful, and a joy to work with throughout the process—including preliminary introductions/questions, the engagement shoot, the big day, and even after! As a couple who has never worked with a photographer before, we were nervous simply to be in front of the camera (never mind all of the other things related to weddings!). Her humor and positive energy carried us through our nervousness despite the long round trips she had to make for each of our events.

She got us to bring out our best selves; how down-to-earth and not afraid of adventure she was really helped with that. During our engagement shoot, she toughed out a warm day on a ranch, was so gracious when meeting family, and mastered awkward shooting positions among the trees and “presents” left behind by cattle to get the best angles she could for us. On wedding day, she surprised us by bringing even more people to support than anticipated. Her team was prompt and wasted no time getting into action. We loved that she knew what to look for in getting the shots she knew we would want (we needed help being posed :-) ), knew which candid moments would be priceless, and loved that she was adaptable in wanting to know what was important for us to prioritize.

Kimberly is someone who allowed us one less thing to stress about leading up to and during our wedding—critical for putting things into perspective—and even went beyond that to offer one more thing about our wedding that we truly enjoyed.

- Jeff & Monica

Sent on 03/17/2019

Bridget · Married on 05/05/2018

Wedding & Engagement Photography

Kimberly does lovely work. She is extremely reliable and produces pictures in a very timely manner. She loves what she does and it shows through her work. She has a passion and a style that sets her above the rest. She captured every memory of our wedding day.

Her wedding packages are great and for all budgets. I can’t say enough good things about the beautiful photo album she created of our wedding pictures. The quality far exceeded my expectations. It’s the perfect keepsake and display of our special day.

I have gotten so many compliments on our engagement and wedding photos. I recommend Kimberly for any moments you need captured!

Sent on 03/09/2019

Julianne · Married on 03/24/2018

Kimberly shot our wedding in March 2018 as well as our engagement photos. We LOVED working with Kimberly. She came very highly suggested to us and so we never even considered using someone else. Kimberly was so laid back that shooting with her was a breeze. She was very flexible in scheduling our engagement session, and we even did it out in the snow! I will use Kimberly again for our future portrait sessions.

Sent on 03/30/2018

Emily · Married on 02/25/2017

From the moment we first spoke with Kimberly it was clear that she was passionate about capturing meaningful photos that could last my (now) husband and I a lifetime. Kimberly’s photography is unique in that she captures a blend of traditional, timeless portraits along with the candid in-between moments. The result of both our engagement and wedding photos was a wonderful combination of authentic moments and ethereal editorial photos. She captured the laughter and love between us, and the great time we had celebrating with our family and friends. On top of her beautiful photography, she was such a pleasure to work with. She helped immensely by providing her perspective on our wedding day timeline, kindly rallied family and friends for group photos, and above all put us as a couple at such ease during our photos (considering neither of us have had professional photos taken since high school). If that wasn’t enough, Kimberly even shared with me all the photos that she had taken of me and my mom soon after the wedding, so that I could give my mom a picture of us for Mother’s Day. We just cannot recommend Kimberly and her team highly enough. You will be so glad you booked her as your photographer!

Sent on 07/11/2017

Kim · Married on 07/03/2016

There's a reason that Kimberly Kay Photography is the Best in Oregon year after year! Our wedding day was captured perfectly!

Sent on 03/01/2017

Meagan · Married on 08/22/2015

Kimberly and Chris have a passion for sharing and capturing people's love stories. And it shows in their work and in the joy they share in your excitement. They are so approachable and fun, and will make you at ease capturing your special day. It goes by so fast, and they capture those special moments, emotion, laughs, and the looks. May this be the happiest day of your life, and please consider Kimberly Kay Photography, you will hold the most beautiful images of your family and friends for years to come to relive this happiness.

Sent on 11/11/2015

Lindsay · Married on 08/07/2015

Kimberly and chris were the greatest investment that we made in our wedding. We absolutely love the photos and memories that they captured. They were so professional and really helped us to keep calm during our big day. They were also a ton of fun to work with too!

Sent on 11/10/2015

Melanie · Married on 07/18/2015

Future brides...once you have a wedding date, book Kimberly Kay Photography. My husband and I have so many wonderful things to say about Kimberly and her husband Chris. They are quite the dream team. Kimberly did it all from keeping us on schedule, sewing me into my dress when my nervous mother was struggling, kept us natural in front of the camera, and calmed some pre wedding nerves. Chris kept the boys in line and on schedule (difficult to do with Men sometimes), and got some great shots of them before the wedding. The love this husband an wife team have for each other and for photography is apparent. These two are the very best at capturing their clients love story through pictures. So much gratitude for the pair of you.

Their strength together is capturing the most important moments during your day in the most natural way. While keeping a low profile, Kimberly and Chris stayed out of the way throughout the wedding, but still managed to take some of the most amazing candid photos. Thank you both so much for that - some of them are my favorite pictures. Thank you again for doing what you love so well!

Sent on 11/22/2015

Sheila · Married on 06/26/2015

I can still remember seeing Kimberlys's work of a wedding at Five Pines in Sisters from a few years ago. She and Chris did such a beautiful job at capturing their special day. I felt like I was a part of it and knew that mike and I would be lucky if we had them as a photographers. As soon as we had the date I called and was thrilled to know they were available.

The attention to detail and level of professionalism was great. I truly appreciate them taking the time to explain to my now husband, who is terrified of the camera, the importance of taking the time to step away and create moments that will illustrate the day when we look back. I'm so glad that we had that time together alone and then with our friends and family. I also really liked how they guided us to move into certain light, hold our arms in specific ways and that were natural.

Even before seeing the photos I was excited. Seeing them... Speechless!! I have been sharing the photos with everyone I can and then some. My husband cannot stop talking about them either! Responses are phenomenal: "I don't' know what to say...wow!" "That's the most amazing photo." "What a shot." I love the detail." So many more.

I could never have imagined a day with suck quirks and Mother Nature offering just about everything aside from snow. We thank Kimberly and Chris for being a part of this and giving us something we will share for years.

Sent on 07/08/2015

Kimberly and Chris are truly an amazing duo!!! I cannot say enough positive things about these two. In addition to being truly wonderful, kind, understanding, and funny people, they are wonderfully talented photographers. We had a lot of things going on during our wedding day from a traditional Vietnamese ceremony in the morning to a beach wedding at a crazy packed public park in the afternoon. Even when things seemed crazy or hectic, Kimberly and Chris were there without missing a beat and captured every single important moment, even if it meant acting like ninjas during our afternoon ceremony since there were so many people walking about! Chris fit right in with the groomsmen and my husband told me how much he enjoyed hanging out with him in the morning as the guys got ready. Kimberly knew exactly what to do and made the portrait taking with my ladies effortless and fun!

We love, love, love our photos. My husband and I sat through them with huge smiles as we relived our weddings and saw moments captured that we hadn't been around to see. I highly recommend Kimberly Kay Photo to be your wedding photographers. It will be one of the best decisions you make for your wedding!

Sent on 08/17/2015

Kasey · Married on 04/18/2015

I was very picky when deciding who I wanted to photograph my engagement and wedding. When I first reached out to Kimberly Kay, she was very prompt in her replies and willing to work around our schedules. She and Chris were extremely professional and even able to make my straight faced husband smile. I'm looking forward to having them capture even more milestones that my husband and I share. I would absolutely choose them again and again, they are fantastic and produce excellent results!

Sent on 07/13/2015

Rhea · Married on 02/22/2015

Kimberly and Chris are the best of the best! Their talent and love for what they do shows in their work. They truly capture the feeling and emotion of your special day in a fun and creative style. Do yourself a favor and book them now!

Sent on 03/13/2015

Amber · Married on 12/20/2014

My husband started researching wedding photographers before he even went ring shopping, and after an exhaustive search, chose Kimberly Kay Photography and I couldn't be happier with his choice! Kimberly and her husband, Chris, have now captured both our engagement and wedding and I can confidently say that they are amazing! From the moment we met Kimberly and Chris (they had driven half way across the state for our engagement pictures on Sauvie Island) my then fiancé and I were struck by their adventurous spirit and willingness to try anything. The end result was a collection of photographs that were truly unique, touching, and absolutely priceless.

On our wedding day, nearly one and a half years after our initial meeting, Kimberly and Chris again demonstrated their professionalism, flexibility, and creativity; believe me, it was a huge help to have seasoned professionals handling everything! As my husband and the groomsmen were getting ready they found Chris to be relaxing, fun and helpful. He even went so far as to help iron the pocket squares for the tuxes and gave advice for getting ready, all while capturing amazing photos.

Despite the pouring rain and wind, Kimberly and Chris were happy to improvise and capture our group shots indoors at the church rather than at a nearby park as originally planned. Later in the evening they then suggested that we go outside for what have become my favorite images of the entire day. It was also an incredibly memorable time, out in the rain in downtown Bend with my new husband, lights glimmering in the trees, and Christmas carolers singing on the sidewalk. I cannot thank Kimberly and Chris enough for helping us not only create but also capture these memories. Without a doubt, these photographs will truly be treasured for a lifetime.

Sent on 01/11/2015

Hannaht · Married on 10/11/2014

The only thing I am bringing away from my wedding are my memories and the photography. So finding the perfect photographer was high on my list. Kimberly Kay and Chris Barth DO NOT DISAPPOINT. They were always welcoming, I felt I could be open about what I wanted from them and also they went with the flow of the whole day.

I don't know how many times they re-adjusted my dress, flowers, veil to make everything perfect. Their directions were clear and honest. I truly appreciated their work ethic and joining in on the fun.

They are wonderful to work with and I am waiting on baited breath for my wedding photos! The Sneak Peak was enough for me to cry with excitement.

Don't search any further- Email, Call them and switch your wedding date if you need too! :D

Sent on 10/28/2014

carolyne · Married on 10/06/2014

Words cannot express our gratitude to Kimberly Kay and Chris. We loved every single picture and my parents told me that they are the most beautiful pictures they have ever seen of our family. We loved loved how Kimberly styled our wedding invitations, rings, flowers, and wedding dress. Simply breathtaking!!!!!!!!!

Kimberly and her husband Chris captured once in a lifetime memories and emotions for us. The pictures are priceless. We are beyond pleased. The pictures exceeded our expectations:)) I look forward to ordering a wedding album!!!

we were blown away by Kimberly's detailed and heartfelt blog post!!!! We loved every word!! The beautiful blog allowed our family and friends that could not attend feel as though they were present at the wedding!

The icing on the cake was that Kimberly and Chris were so easy to work with. They made us feel relaxed and giggly. We consider Kimberly and Chris to be friends for life! We can't wait to meet with Kimberly and Chris in Oregon so that we can do a family shoot and a fun winter snowy shoot!

Sent on 10/25/2014

Sara · Married on 09/27/2014

I would highly recommend Kimberly Kay! Whenever we had questions leading up to our wedding day, the response time was amazing, they are true professionals. From the engagement session to the wedding day, Kimberly Kay made us feel comfortable and we just laughed the entire time. We had an absolute blast shooting with them. We can't stop looking at our wedding photos, she captured the day perfect and all the photo's bring back such amazing memories.

Sent on 12/22/2014

Emily · Married on 07/19/2014

Working with Kimberly Kay and Chris was one of the greatest parts of our big day. Not only were they completely flexible with our schedule but they were a pleasure to be around, they fit right in with my family and friends. They also blended right in, they were totally unobtrusive. We got rave reviews from everyone who has seen our pictures and I will cherish them for years to come! Kimberly Kay and Chris will be in our lives for many photo opportunities to come.

Sent on 11/10/2014

Becky · Married on 06/03/2014

Kimberly is an amazing photographer. She is technically brilliant with the camera, lighting exposure, and photo editing, which is wonderful, and even more than that she has an incredible eye and talent for capturing not just an event but the experience of love and human relationship. The thing that sets her apart is who she is - she brings her whole, lovely self into her work and through her compassion and understanding captures more than just people and settings, she sees beauty and delight and reflects it back to us in her work. We worked with Kimberly for our engagement and wedding photography in 2009 and then just had another session with her on the date noted in this review. She is truly a master of the art of photography, absolutely wonderful - the best!!!

Sent on 06/04/2014

Megan · Married on 05/25/2014

Kimberly and Chris are absolutely FANTASTIC! We fell in love with their style of photography and were beyond thrilled when we booked them for our wedding. Our pictures are elegant and timeless. Kimberly and Chris have the amazing ability of capturing the essence of an event, making you feel like you are there, every time you look at the photos.

Beyond their amazing quality of work, Kimberly and Chris are wonderful people. They are warm, personable and kind. Multiple times they took the sweater off their back so I could have something to sit on for a photo. They are easy to communicate with and very professional. I cannot recommend them enough! For every big event in my life, I will be calling Kimberly Kay!

Sent on 06/17/2014

Savannah · Married on 03/14/2014

Kimberly and her husband were absolutely amazing. I was one of those brides that was hesitant about spending money on photography but I am sooo happy we did! We love our photos and will cherish them forever.

Both my husband and I are extremely shy people and find having our picture taken very akward but Kimberly and her husband made us feel very comfortable. They are personable and professional. They captured every aspect of our wedding without us even knowing they were there.

We will definitely be booking them in the
    future for maternity and family photos!

Sent on 08/12/2014

Megan · Married on 02/22/2014

My fiance and I were looking to shoot our engagement portraits in Las Vegas, so I asked a local photographer to recommend someone. I was nervous not having met her prior to picture time, but we were only in town a few days so there was no time for consultation. Kimberly blew us away, she was so friendly and energetic! She made something that can tend to feel awkward, fun! There was no work on our part, she gave such wonderful instructions. I hate when you are getting your picture taken and the person taking it doesn't say, "Hey, your smile looks awkward...try this!" they just let you turn out looking awkward.. Kimberly made sure every detail was attended to and gave thorough, easy to understand instructions. When I had the opportunity to bring her to Dallas for our wedding, I was so excited! Once again she delivered making the photography part of our day a breeze! And her husband, Chris, was just as good and easy to work with as she is. We even had some fun...ALOT of fun! And, of course how can I forget the final product? Her talent and professionalism shine when you look at your images. She made us look like we were in a shoot for a wedding magazine! Not sure how she does it, but it almost seems like magic. I am looking forward to finding an excuse to set up a shoot with her in her home base, Oregon, where she does amazing work with the beautiful scenery that surrounds her. I find myself getting excited every time she posts a sneak peek of a wedding on her web site, just to see what amazing images she has to share. I couldn't recommend any of my wedding vendors more than Kimberly Kay Photography!

Sent on 04/24/2014

Julia · Married on 02/16/2014

Kimberly and her husband Chris are the best! They really carried our wedding! They're so conscious of the schedule, but we never felt rushed. We felt important as the bride and groom, but also as individuals, as they made it a point to capture any requested shots. The special thing about these two really is their artistry and ability to capture the emotion in a photo, not just a pose. Anyone can snap a photo, but there is a special gift bestowed upon Kimberly Kay Photography that truly enables a story to be told through each photo; an intimate look into a single moment. And they take hundreds! Well done, indeed. We will have them take photos of us again!

Sent on 03/29/2014