Katie's Cakes and Catering Reviews

101 | Havana, FL

101 Reviews for Katie's Cakes and Catering

Molly Cucchiara · Married on 03/21/2020

Beautiful cake and so yummy!

The cake was so beautiful and tasty! All the guests commended and wanted to have an extra piece to go home with!

Sent on 03/22/2020
  • Lauren

Lauren Chapman · Married on 03/14/2020

Katie’s Cakes was a crowd pleaser!

Our wedding cake was made to perfection! Katie was so easy to work with and her cake was exactly what we were looking for. The cake was moist and the icing flavor was this wonderful blend of almond with hint of lemon! Yummy!

Our guest loved the cake and we were even provided a cake box to take our top layer home so we could freeze it for our 1 year anniversary. The customer service overall was great!

Thank you for making our wedding cake dreams come true!

Sent on 04/04/2020

Heather Hughes Daniels · Married on 02/29/2020

Wedding Cake + Groom’s Cake

With the process of planning a wedding being stressful at times, Katie made our experience so nice and easy that it was such a relief when it came to deciding on our cake options. I knew We wanted something classic and simple decorated with some of our florals, so we chose a 3 tier white vanilla cake with buttercream icing. My fiancé and I also love chocolate so we wanted to incorporate that into his grooms cake design. He loves both Atlanta Braves baseball and Miami Football, so Katie was able to design and create an option that suited both of his favorites. It tasted great and came together perfectly. We had numerous guests at our wedding rave about how delicious both cakes were, and even requested some to take home after the night was over. Katie’s cakes does not disappoint!

Sent on 03/09/2020

Karen Diggs · Married on 06/22/2019

Loved the cakes! Great experience and very reasonable

Katie’s Cakes brought a beautiful and eloquent bridal cake as well as an artistic and creative groom’s cake that blew me away! The cakes were so delicious and the price was so reasonable. The customer service and quick responses were so appreciative. The shop called several times to verify they were making the cakes just as the bride requested. If you live in the TALLAHASSEE area and you are looking for a home town business with professionalism and artistic ability for your wedding experience please consider Katie’s Cakes!

Sent on 06/27/2019

Courtney Taylor · Married on 06/01/2019

Wedding cake

Our wedding cake was amazing! Katie was so easy to work with and created the perfect cake. She even went above and beyond to help me surprise my husband with his grooms cake! She made a Georgia cake and colored the inside garnet and gold. Our cakes were a hit and everyone commented on how delicious they both were! I would definitely recommend Katie to anyone!!

Sent on 06/04/2019

Sally · Married on 09/01/2018

Katie Gainey created a masterpiece for my daughter’s wedding reception. Not only was the wedding cake beautiful, IT WAS DELICIOUS! The groom’s cake was phenomenal, as well! I would absolutely want Katie to make any and all special cakes I might need in the future!
    Katie also catered the post wedding brunch for the out of town guests. It was amazing! The food was delicious, the presentation stunning, and her service awesome! We had too many compliments to count!

Sent on 09/04/2018

Nancy · Married on 04/14/2018

Katie is amazing and bakes the BEST cake ever. Highly recommend.

Sent on 04/21/2018
  • Melissa

Melissa · Married on 04/13/2018

Katie is amazing to work with and her cake is ridiculously delicious. Everyone is still raving about it and asking us who made it for us! when we met for our consultation I wanted a specific look and Katie nailed it. She was always quick to answer any questions and was sweet enough to work with my mom who made a cake plate for the wedding which was such a special touch. the cake was delivered earlier than promised (the only downside to that was I wanted to say hello and thank you to Katie) and when I saw the cake in the ballroom my jaw dropped (and drooled). It was the most beautiful cake I have ever seen and so incredibly delicious. Also, her prices were way less than another cake shop in town that quoted me - and tasted better. I can't wait to see if it still tastes as good on our first wedding anniversary!
    (cake photos courtesy of Kylene and Ryan Studios).

Sent on 04/25/2018

Margaret · Married on 03/03/2018

Katie perfectly executed the vision that our daughter had for her wedding cake. It was lovely! Guests commented to us that it was the best wedding cake they had ever had, and we agree! Cake was moist and delicious, and frosting was perfect! Katie works hard to ensure her client's satisfaction, and is very personable and accommodating. Can't wait to find another reason to order a cake from her!

Sent on 03/06/2018

Caroline · Married on 12/09/2017

I was recommended Katie by my wedding director, and I'm so thankful I was! Katie was very flexible and accommodating to our schedule when meeting with us. She took our vision for our bridal and grooms cake and made it happen. We wanted our groom cake to be a cotton boll, since my husband is a farmer, and simply showed her a picture and she exceeded our expectation with the real thing! Not only was it a delicious red velvet cake underneath but it looked exactly how we pictured it! Both of our cakes were to die for and we continue to get compliments on how delicious and moist they were! I highly recommend Katie for any upcoming occasion!!

Sent on 12/21/2017

Alyssa · Married on 11/04/2017

Katie was amazing!! Our wedding and groom’s cake were exactly what we had discussed, and they tasted absolutely amazing! Katie was a joy to work with!

Sent on 11/06/2017

Sherri · Married on 06/24/2017

Really enjoyed working with Katie for the perfect wedding cake. My daughter chose a smaller bridal cake and offered 6 other cakes in various flavors for guests. They were absolutely delicious, not to mention decorated beautifully! Highly recommend Katie's Cakes.

Sent on 06/28/2017

My husband and I just finished a huge slice of Katie’s signature cheesecake pound cake AFTER being frozen for one year after our wedding. Phenomenal. The cake was above and beyond at the wedding and thankfully my mom put a slice aside to share one year later. I wanted a grooms cake that looked just like our golden doodle, Brody, and Katie made my dreams come to reality.

Sent on 05/22/2018
  • W

Will · Married on 12/17/2016

Always a pleasure to do business with a locally owned business like this. Havana is amazing on its own but with owners like this it is truly a pleasure to visit. Delicious creations, such a pleasure.

Sent on 12/27/2016

Jane Ellen · Married on 06/11/2016

Katie was awesome & great to work with! She was very accommodating & creative. She took my dream of a wedding cake & turned it into a reality & helped make my wedding day perfect!

Sent on 05/22/2016

Brittney · Married on 11/21/2015

Katie is amazing!! She made our wedding cake and groom's cake! Our guests loved it- we didn't have any leftovers!!! Can't recommend her enough!!!

Sent on 12/09/2015

Holly · Married on 05/22/2015

There was no question who we would use to bake our wedding cake....Katie's Cakes! After sitting down with Katie and discussing several ideas and styles that we liked, she took our vision and came up with the most perfect cake for our special day. The cake was gorgeous, tasted delicious, and was more than we could have ever envisioned. Thank you again from the bottom of our hearts Katie for everything!! Can't wait to return for more special occasions in the future!

Sent on 06/11/2015

Katie · Married on 02/14/2015

Katie was a pleasure to work with. I sent her an inspiration picture for a cake and what I got was even more beautiful! I couldn't have been more pleased! Great pricing and delicious cake!

Sent on 02/16/2015
  • User4319260 · 2+ years ago

Katie was/is amazing!!!!
    Her Signature cake is to die for, the cake was gorgeous and turned out just like I had envisioned.
    Katie also catered my wedding, she did a wonderful job and my pie table was adorable!
    I highly recommend her services.
    She was accurate, timely, priced just right, and her food is delicious!

Sent on 11/13/2014

Cari · Married on 10/25/2014

Katie was a delight to work with and took my vision for our cake and made it come to life in a beautiful aqua color! The cake was exactly as I had pictured it, tasted better than I could ever had imagined and the guests raved about it! We also worked with Katie on a desert bar and those were prepared beautifully as well. No one could say we didn't take care of their sweet tooth! Working with this big-city quality vendor and receiving small town charm throughout the process was the perfect recipe for success for this bride and groom. We will recommend her to anyone who asks (And probably those that don't:-))

Sent on 11/04/2014

Kimberly · Married on 10/25/2014

Would highly recommend. Our cake was not only beautiful, it was delicious.

Sent on 11/24/2014

Laurie · Married on 07/12/2014

Katie was awesome. With just a few emails and a couple of pictures she created the cake that my daughter dreamed of! It was not only beautiful but it tasted good too!

Sent on 07/15/2014

Katie · Married on 05/25/2014

Katie was wonderful to work with, and the cake was beautiful and delicious!

Sent on 06/24/2014

Anna · Married on 05/17/2014

Katie is the absolute best. Our wedding cake was not only beautiful, but also delicious! Our guests loved it and even waited in line to have some because those who had already tried it said it was so good. Katie also made our grooms cake which my husband loved! She really can do it all - highly recommend Katie!

Sent on 05/29/2014

Kenzi · Married on 05/17/2014

Katie was awesome! My cake was exactly the way I wanted it for my wedding and it tasted even better! My husband's groom's cake was also perfect! I definitely recommend Katie's Cakes and Catering!!

Sent on 07/29/2014