1908 Capital Cir NE unit 6, Tallahassee, FL 32308 Map · Phone number

About The Cake Shop Bakery

Our bakery and store-front hours are Monday-Friday 8:30-6:00pm and Saturday's 10:00-2:00pm. Our phone and order hours are Monday-Friday 8:30-3:00pm and Saturday's 10:00-2:00pm. Whether you are searching for a special birthday cake or simply looking for a sweet ending to an everyday meal, The Cake Shop offers something for everyone. This is a one of a kind bakery, where the aroma of home-style baking weakens even the strongest will. The Cake Shop offers a wide variety of freshly baked goods daily; gourmet cookies, fresh apple cake, cheesecake slices, chocolate eclairs, strawberry torte, pound cake, lemon bars, decadent brownies, shortbread, and over 20 flavors of cupcakes that no one can resist.

Follow The Cake Shop Bakery on

The Cake Shop Bakery 1
The Cake Shop Bakery 2
  • Kate

Kate · Married on 10/12/2018

Steve Newman is a Cake Wizard!

Steve at the Cake Shop is the best wedding cake designer in town! He was so easy to work with, not to mention he is such a friendly, sweet man! His cakes are so incredibly delicious, and I'm not usually a cake person! I'm not sure how he does it, but his cakes are the perfect combination of creamy, rich, sweet, and moist. We saved the top layer of our cake to eat on out one year anniversary, and it is taking so much restraint to not eat it now! It was so yummy!
    2 days prior to our wedding, category 4 Hurricane Michael hit the Florida panhandle. Steve was calm, positive and incredibly professional and had the cakes ready our big day without hesitation. He called me the morning of our wedding to let me know he had the cakes ready to bring to the venue. Little did I know, he was without power from the storm just a few hours before! The cakes turned out both beautiful and delicious (which if you ask me, is a hard feat!). He did not let the hurricane get in his way.
    Nothing but high praise for The Cake Shop! Thank you a million times, Steve!!

The Cake Shop Bakery 3
    The Cake Shop Bakery 4
  • Liana

Liana · Married on 03/31/2017

Our wedding cake was absolutely stunning. We had a 3 tier nearly naked cake that was coated by a very sheer icing...beyond perfect!! We got so many conpliments not only on the looks but how wonderful it tasted!! We went with the fudge/vanilla mix and it was so moist and delicious, several of our guests went up for seconds. Would definitely recommend The Cake Shop, they put our vision into reality!

Marybeth · Married on 11/14/2015

delish! I am the Mother of the Bride. My daughters wedding cake was Red Velvet with Butter Cream Icing. Honestly this was the best red velvet cake I have tasted. However, the grooms cake was carrot cake with a caramel drizzle. Fabulous. Both cakes were completely gone. Just this morning I received four telephone calls about the carrot cake alone. Thank you so much, The Cake Shop!

The Cake Shop Bakery FAQ

• What is the starting price for wedding cakes with buttercream frosting (per slice, without tax)? $ 4.00
  • What is the starting price for cupcakes (per cupcake, without tax)? $ 2.00
  • What types of desserts do you provide? Cakes, Cookies, Cupcakes, Groom's Cake, Pastries
  • What services do you provide? Consultations, Custom Design, Tastings - Private
  • What special ingredients do you use? Local