The Cake Shop Bakery Reviews

View more information

4.7

• Megan
    Megan Married on 03/16/2019

Amazing Wedding Cake - so many compliments!

We used Cake Shop for our wedding cake and did things a little differently. We got a smaller 2 tiered wedding cake as our main cake that we had out and as the one we cut. Then we got a sheet cake for everyone else to help cut costs. Both cakes were marble and tasted amazing! We had many guests going back for seconds and received many compliments on the cake! It also looked beautiful!
  • Kate
    Kate Married on 10/12/2018

Steve Newman is a Cake Wizard!

Steve at the Cake Shop is the best wedding cake designer in town! He was so easy to work with, not to mention he is such a friendly, sweet man! His cakes are so incredibly delicious, and I'm not usually a cake person! I'm not sure how he does it, but his cakes are the perfect combination of creamy, rich, sweet, and moist. We saved the top layer of our cake to eat on out one year anniversary, and it is taking so much restraint to not eat it now! It was so yummy!
    2 days prior to our wedding, category 4 Hurricane Michael hit the Florida panhandle. Steve was calm, positive and incredibly professional and had the cakes ready our big day without hesitation. He called me the morning of our wedding to let me know he had the cakes ready to bring to the venue. Little did I know, he was without power from the storm just a few hours before! The cakes turned out both beautiful and delicious (which if you ask me, is a hard feat!). He did not let the hurricane get in his way.
    Nothing but high praise for The Cake Shop! Thank you a million times, Steve!!
  • Liana
    Liana Married on 03/31/2017
    Our wedding cake was absolutely stunning. We had a 3 tier nearly naked cake that was coated by a very sheer icing...beyond perfect!! We got so many conpliments not only on the looks but how wonderful it tasted!! We went with the fudge/vanilla mix and it was so moist and delicious, several of our guests went up for seconds. Would definitely recommend The Cake Shop, they put our vision into reality!
    Marybeth Married on 11/14/2015
    delish! I am the Mother of the Bride. My daughters wedding cake was Red Velvet with Butter Cream Icing. Honestly this was the best red velvet cake I have tasted. However, the grooms cake was carrot cake with a caramel drizzle. Fabulous. Both cakes were completely gone. Just this morning I received four telephone calls about the carrot cake alone. Thank you so much, The Cake Shop!
    Kuwanzasis Married on 10/10/2015
    Our wedding cake was gorgeous and delicious. We found it very easy to place our order and the staff was wonderful. We will use them again for future life events
  • User2099282 2+ years ago
    We sent a photo of our cake idea and what they created was 10 times better than the photo. It was an amazing looking cake and tasted great!
    Rosanne Married on 03/21/2015
    We have been celebrating birthdays and special occasions with cakes from The Cake Shop for years, so when it was time to order a cake for my only daughter's wedding, this decision was a no brainer — vanilla cake with buttercream icing from The Cake Shop. We had sent in a photo of a cake my daughter liked and when the big day arrived, the cake was a beautiful take on the photo. Lovely frosting roses covered the bottom tier and three more plain tiers looked almost like fondant, they were so smooth. We wanted to have a cake that was not only beautiful, but delicious, and The Cake Shop came through on that, too. It was so fresh and moist. Our guests raved about it and ate seconds.
    Laura Married on 03/14/2015
    Our cake from the cake shop was absolutely phenomenal. I wasn't able to meet with Steve so he met with my maid of honor and he made my ideal cake. I had it delivered to the recreation venue and it arrived in absolutely perfect condition. I can't wait to eat my cake on my first anniversary!
    Melissa Married on 02/28/2015
    Delicious and beautiful cake, as always!! Love the Cake Shop!
    Janna Married on 02/21/2015
    The cake shoppe was a amazing! Everyone loved our wedding cake so much our grooms cake didn't even get eaten! Definitely let them make your sweet dreams come true!
    Sonji Married on 12/20/2014
    The Cake Shop cakes taste like homemade, made from scratch cakes. The are very moist and delicious. Great cakes to order for all your special events.
    Erika Married on 10/25/2014
    Steven did a fantastic job on our cake! It was beautiful, delicious, and delivered to our door exactly as agreed-upon! Thank you!
    Katie Married on 10/11/2014
    The Cake Shop did an amazing job! I was blown away by my wedding cake. The cake was one thing we weren't very passionate about and just chose something we thought would be simple and pretty, but when the cake arrived on the wedding morning, it was more than we ever imagined! It was absolutely beautiful! If you want an amazing cake for great value, call The Cake Shop!
    Nancy Married on 05/24/2014
    I used the Cake Shop 28 years ago for my wedding and now again for my daughters wedding last week end. It was easy doing business with Steve Newman who makes all of the wedding cakes and both the wedding cake and grooms cake were beautiful and delicious!
    Arden Married on 05/10/2014
    The Cake Shop made a beautiful wedding cake. The decision was spot on and exactly what I described to the baker. It was delicious!!
    Alexis Married on 11/16/2013
    The Cake Shop provided the most delicious cupcakes for my wedding! I had no issues putting my order in or picking them up, they were professional and very helpful!
  • User1403367 2+ years ago
    The Cake Shop let us taste all their cake for free (and they even gave us free milk with it!). I was able to design my own cake and Steve made it seem so simple when we brainstormed ideas. It was quite fun! On the big day, the cake was absolutely perfect that I didn't want to cut into it! It looked more beautiful that I could have ever imagined.
  • User1423105 2+ years ago
    The Cake Shop has the most delicious cakes in northern Florida. It looked beautiful and tasted great. They delivered and I was very happy. Thank you to the wedding cake baker who worked with me on my budget to get me what I wanted.
    Lindsey Married on 09/27/2013
    The people at the cake shoppe and Steve, the wedding cake designer, are very easy to work with and very friendly. Not to mention the cake was fabulous! He even made mini cup-cakes in special flavors for me!
  • Karyn
    Karyn Married on 05/05/2012
    We got cupcakes in 4 different flavors and a 8" round cake topper. Our guests loved the cupcakes and even a week later we had some left over that were still good!
    Megan Married on 04/16/2011
    The Cake Shop was very accommodating to me. Our wedding cake was beyond beautiful and our grooms cake was chocolate cake with chocolate icing and had a Gator logo on it, big hit with the hubby. I'll be back.
  • sarah.jelgerhuis
    Sarah Married on 07/03/2010
    Dan did a wonderful job of accomplishing the look that I was desiring in my cake. He was very accommodating and easy to work with. I'm gluten intolerant so I didn't actually eat the cake, but everyone I heard speak of it said that it was one of the best wedding cakes they've ever eaten!
    Jackie Married on 06/26/2010
    My cake was delicious (as all cakes from The Cake Shop are) and beautiful as well. Steve did an excellent job.
    Ellen Married on 05/08/2010
    The Cake Shop was very responsive, organized and professional. They were also very kind to give us free cupcakes when we paid our deposit! We had a contract far ahead of time which made us feel secure. Cake prices were very straight forward and well worth the cost! Their cake designers are talented so we had no problem working with them to develop the style we wanted. They worked with us to match the frosting to our wedding colors. We bought a cake topper which we brought to the venue for them to add to the cake on delivery. The cake was delicious as all Cake Shop goodies are, and we got a lot of positive reviews from guests! We finished off the leftovers when we got back from our honeymoon...we could not wait for our anniversary for more cake!
    Autumn Married on 10/09/2016
    The Cake Shop was the perfect choice for our wedding cake! We got a two-tiered yellow cake with purple frosting that a big hit at our wedding! The cake was delicious and it looked beautiful. The somehow managed to turn slightly a faded blue, but no one was concerned because it was delicious! I live out of town, so I communicated primarily through email, which wasn't the fastest way, but I ended up with the perfect cake regardless. Thank you!