John Campbell Weddings Reviews

John Campbell Weddings 7
  • Anne

Anne · Married on 05/18/2019

BEST decision we made!

We hired John for day-of coordination and truly cannot imagine the planning process or the big day without him. He was so organized, helpful, and patient from the start of the planning process through the end of the reception and even in the days after the wedding. He ended up saving the day quite a few times during the rehearsal and actual wedding (he had copies of our contracts that we ended up needing last minute, saved my Dad's wardrobe malfunction with some super glue, made sure we had appetizers while we took sunset photos at the reception, special ordered us the drinks we requested last minute...I could go on and on). He made it a point to understand what was most important to us and went above and beyond to make sure we got that and that the day went smoothly for us. We had the ceremony and reception at two different locations, and even though both places had their own in-house wedding coordinators, we are so thankful we had John to be there for us for the rehearsal and wedding day. He was always on our side and made sure the day was everything we had hoped it would be. I HIGHLY recommend him for any of your planning needs! John - we cannot thank you enough!!

Sent on 05/25/2019

Anne,
    I am so grateful that I had the opportunity to work with you and Mike. People finding me through the recommendations of their friends and family is the highest compliment.
    It might be annoying how often I reiterate the importance of sending me your vendor contracts, but it truly can make a huge difference (as it did for you two!).
    You are both so kind, and it was an absolute pleasure to work with you. I can’t wait to see you in December at Kayla and Zach’s wedding!

Ashlei Miller · Married on 03/23/2019

Couldn't have pulled it off without John

Hiring John to coordinate our wedding was the best decision my husband and I made. I had been searching for a coordinator months before our wedding day, but had no luck. Most of the people I interviewed either weren't a good fit, didn't offer coordination without planning services, or charged outrageous amounts.

About a month before the big day, I came across John on WeddingWire and sent him a message. He promptly responded and we had a call to go over details. Most of the wedding vendors had been secured and decorations were purchased at that point. My husband and I just needed someone to execute our vision so we could focus on enjoying our wedding day!

John and I met a couple times before the wedding day to walk the venue, nail down last minute details and he also helped with our rehearsal. Leading up to the event, numerous vendors complimented John when I spoke with them. That gave us a tremendous amount of confidence going into the wedding day.

When the big day finally came, John alleviated so much stress for us. He took care of everything and kept us on schedule. Not once, did we have to take our focus away from enjoying friends and family. John also made the bouquets, corsages and boutonnieres and they turned out fabulous! I would highly recommend John if you are searching for a coordinator. He is great at what he does and will ensure your big day is everything you'd hoped for.

Sent on 04/22/2019
    John Campbell Weddings 8
    John Campbell Weddings 9
    John Campbell Weddings 10
    John Campbell Weddings 11
    John Campbell Weddings 12
    John Campbell Weddings 13

Ashlei,
    Thank you so much for taking the time to review!
    Even though we didn’t have a lot of time together, I’m so glad I got to work with you and Nathan on your big day!
    You did such an amazing job with your decor and centrepieces - I was very impressed! Everything was beautiful, and I know you two had an amazing time with your families and friends.
    Thanks so much for including the beautiful photos as well!
    Best wishes,
  • Peggy

Peggy Beyer · Married on 03/16/2019

Day of Coordinator/Florist

John was the best money I spent on my daughter’s wedding. Not only did he do the day of coordination but he was also our Florist and the flowers were beautiful. There is no way I could have made it through this experience without his assistance. He was truly a blessing and I really can’t say enough good things about his dedication and professionalism to making her wedding successful.

Sent on 04/16/2019
    John Campbell Weddings 14
    John Campbell Weddings 15
    John Campbell Weddings 16

Peggy,
    I’m so happy that Heather and CJ’s day was exactly what they wanted. I loved working with you through their planning process, and I appreciate that you’ve already been sending business my way less than a month after their wedding!
    Thank you so much for everything!
  • Ella

Ella · Married on 02/23/2019

Great DOC for our mixed Arab-American wedding planned from another country!

My husband and I live abroad but wanted to get married in my hometown, so we didn't meet John in person until the rehearsal the day before. We also probably were even more difficult because we made a lot of last minute changes and had a lot of unusual elements to the wedding because it was mixed-culture. Our wedding was a budget one, so I wasn't sure about hiring a DOC in the first place, but I am so glad I did. John took all our last minute changes in stride, and he was so helpful for making things run smoothly, from the rehearsal the day before to solving all the little tiny problems that popped up on the day of. He did a really great job and I was able to be relaxed, despite typically being a really anxious person. He also seems just like a generally sweet and genuine person, and was also very open and excited about the non-American elements of our wedding, which I really appreciated.

Sent on 03/05/2019

Ella,
    You and Feras were not difficult at all!
    You were both an absolute pleasure to work with, as were your families. I’ll honestly never forget the toasts from your wedding. Everyone did an outstanding job making us all laugh and cry - they told your love story beautifully!
    I am incredibly passionate about “non-traditional” weddings and weddings that incorporate different cultural aspects, and I’m so happy you invited me to be a part of your big day. I know choosing someone to represent your interests can be scary, and I’m so happy you feel I did you both justice!
    I wish you and Feras all the best!
  • Natalie

Natalie · Married on 02/02/2019

The BEST decision we made!

John was THE BEST decision we made throughout the entire wedding process. He exceeded any expectations of what we had in mind for the role he would take on - especially the months leading up to it.

​We instantly connected with him. From the first meeting with John to the very last, we left ​each one ​​​​feeling at ease as if we had made much more progress in that hour with him than we ​had ​​made in the weeks leading up to it. ​He ​was the the key in pu​t​t​ing​ all of the pieces together for us.

​John was full of suggestions and recommendations in every area and was incredibly knowledgeable on all the pieces that go in to planning a wedding. To add to that, he is skilled and incredibly knowledgeable on flowers​! It was so much fun working with him on it too! I was set on the idea of tropical flowers and John knew every type out there. He suggested flowers I had never seen before that were perfect for the look we were going for, and ​he was able to put everything together in a way that took my vision and made it even more beautiful. He made me the most stunning floral headpiece (a last minute request) and it could not have been any more perfect. I was blown away ​on ​the day of ​the wedding ​when all of the decor and flowers ​came together. It was all so much more beautiful than I could have ever dreamed of.

​John never once pressured us when it came to our ideas or our budget. He had a very genuine approach in making sure that we would have the wedding day we wanted in every aspect of the day.

John always made us both feel so at ease the months leading up to the wedding and the day of, which is really such a key component in all of it. ​John ran things seamlessly from start to finish. We always had 150% confidence that with John, we could make it all happen!

I really can’t speak highly enough of him. He is ​incredibly gifted at what he does and I feel so grateful that we crossed paths with him. I can't imagine our wedding day having gone on with out him. I HIGHLY recommend John and his team!!

Thanks for making our wedding day the most perfect day, John!

Sent on 03/18/2019
    John Campbell Weddings 17
    John Campbell Weddings 18
    John Campbell Weddings 19
    John Campbell Weddings 20

Natalie,
    I honestly don’t know how to respond to such an enormous amount of praise.
    I will say that you and Mike are truly some of the kindest people I’ve ever met, and working with you both was an absolute honour. I don’t know if I’ve seen any other clients of mine enjoy their wedding day more, and I feel that’s truly a testament to the both of you and your relationship.
    I know you two will have a lifetime of incredible adventures together, and I wish you both all the happiness in the world.
    Warmest regards,

Melissa · Married on 01/05/2019

Absolutely the best!

John was absolutely the best day-of coordinator that we could've asked for! He was very professional during the whole process and was always there to help if I had a question or concern. The day of our wedding went so smoothly and it is all thanks to him and his assistant, Rose! We also used him for his floral services and all of the flowers and centerpieces were so gorgeous and my bouquet was absolutely stunning! Thank you so so much John for going above and beyond and making our wedding the best day ever!!

Sent on 01/22/2019

Melissa and Max,
    I really loved having the chance to work with you both.
    Seeing all of the little design details come together was so much fun, and I'm so glad you liked all of the florals.
    Please keep in touch!!!
  • Myla

Myla · Married on 11/24/2018

Destination wedding

John was fantastic! He did our day of coordinating but the actual delivery of all he did was much more than day-of. I was told by various guests and vendors at the wedding that John was so on top of things and he was in every place (which was acres of gardens) at once. Our wedding was a destination in central Florida and John and his team made sure to visit the venue and work with our various vendors who were spread across the central and western regions of the state. He delivered above expectations and we are so pleased we had his help and expertise on our special day. I would highly recommend him.

Sent on 12/14/2018

John Campbell Weddings's reply:

Thank you so much for your review, Myla!
    I saw your photos last night for the first time and was reminded just how beautiful your wedding at Bok Tower was.
    You, Kenny, and the boys make such a wonderful family, and I’m so happy I got to be a part of your special day.
    All the best and have a wonderful holiday,
  • Tori

Tori · Married on 11/10/2018

Our Day Was Perfect With John

Hiring John Campbell was THE best decision we made in regards to our wedding. From day one John clarified unanswered questions, even the ones we didn’t know to ask. His experience and foresight helped me find ways to make our dream wedding a reality, while simultaneously keeping us comfortable and as stress-free as possible by providing steady updates and reassurances backed by measurable progress. John did all of our flowers. Those were possibly the most complimented detail of our wedding. John took the burden of contacting and communicating with all our vendors. Not only did he do it successfully, but all of our vendors loved John by the end of our wedding night. John handled decoration and clean up. Our caterer double booked the China we were supposed to use, and didn’t inform us until a couple days before. John saved us there as well by negotiating with them and outsourcing the silverware.

A wedding day is supposed to be a dream come true. John Campbell made sure of that. Little things, like making sure my husband and I had small peaceful moments in between introductions and pictures, really made our wedding night more of a shared memory than just another party. Thank you for everything John! By the end of our night it felt like you were part of the family, and I would recommend you to anybody getting married, regardless of size or scope.

Sent on 12/29/2018

Thank you SO much, Tori!
    Working with you and Jake was such a wonderful experience, and I’m so happy that you enjoyed everything.
    I felt like part of the family, too! I definitely plan to keep in touch.

Amber · Married on 10/19/2018

The best stress free day!

As someone who plans events at universities for a living, I was absolutely certain I could plan my wedding by myself. As we got closer to our date, I got overwhelmed and realized I needed some professional help. I found John, and WOW my entire experience changed.

John was amazing and so helpful from the start. I talked with him at length on the phone, had multiple in-person meetings with him, and talked via email as well. John's expertise in the wedding industry is so helpful and worked so hard to make sure our wedding dream came true. My one and only concern was that I wanted to be stress free on my wedding day. John made that happen!! He coordinated everything with our vendors and made sure everyone stayed on time and things ran smoothly.

As someone who is a total critic of the idea of wedding planners and day of coordinators, I honestly am so thankful that I found John and was able to work with him on our wedding day. Highly recommend, he is the best!

Sent on 10/26/2018

Amber,
    I read this for the first time over a week ago and I'm honestly still a bit speechless. This review means so much more than you could possibly imagine.
    Working with you and Chris was so much fun, and I'm honoured to have been a part of your big day.
    I wish you both all the best!!

Kelly · Married on 03/03/2018

I cannot say enough good things about John! We loved him! Everyone in our bridal loved him as well. He was so helpful and made the whole day so much easier on me. He is amazing!!!! ❤️

Sent on 03/04/2018

John Campbell Weddings's reply:

Thank you so, so much, Kelly! You're so sweet, and I had a great time working with you and Bruce. You had such a beautiful wedding, and I'm honoured to have been a part of it!
  • W

Whitney · Married on 12/17/2017

John was so amazing! He relieved our worries when we met him at Saxon Manor. He was incredibly professional and easy to work with. Answered any additional questions we had through text within a reasonable time limit...sometimes immediately! I’d highly recommend him!

Sent on 02/03/2018

John Campbell Weddings's reply:

Thank you so much, Whitney! Relieving worry and stress from a couple is every planner's #1 priority. You and Derek are so sweet, and I really enjoyed working with you both!

Margaret · Married on 12/15/2017

John was absolutely amazing! Everything went so smooth and he was so nice and patient! I couldn’t have asked for a more perfect day!

Sent on 01/30/2018

Thanks so much, Maggie!
    Getting to work with you and Isaac was so much fun. I wish you both the absolute best!

Nina · Married on 12/02/2017

John was amazing! He always knew exactly what I was looking for, and he made everything perfect the day of! He exceeded my expectations, I could have never imagined my day looking as perfect as he made it.

Sent on 01/30/2018
    John Campbell Weddings 25
    John Campbell Weddings 26
    John Campbell Weddings 27

Nina,
    I had such a great time helping you plan your wedding. Your passion for the little details allowed me to really do the things I love (like designing and printing/painting those custom, one-of-a-kind table numbers!).
    You and your parents were so incredibly kind, and I hope you and Daniel have a wonderful, happy life together.

Carli · Married on 11/10/2017

I can sum it all up in one word "WOW" John was the absolute best. Everything was wonderful. If I could do it all overy again I wouldn't change anything. Saxon Manor shabby chic barn was beautiful and I'm so glad I had my wedding there. Everyone though out the whole process was so helpful, they did everything and it was very stress free. Love you guys and thank you so much!!

Sent on 11/30/2017

John Campbell Weddings's reply:

I really appreciate it, Carli! You and Joseph had a beautiful wedding!

Lauren · Married on 10/13/2017

John was incredibly helpful making our day so special. We couldn’t have had such a stress free day without him. He had everything planned and always accommodated the bride and groom with all of their needs. Highly, highly recommend John for anybody planning a wedding in the area. Thanks again, John, for making our day so special!!!

Sent on 10/19/2017

Lauren,
    Thank you so much! I had so much fun working with you and Marcus, and I wish you both all the happiness in the world!

marc · Married on 05/05/2017

I had intended to hire John as my day-of coordinator, thinking I was going to be doing everything leading up to our wedding myself. However it soon became apparent that John was an incredible resource to have right from the start. His creativity, professionalism, organizational skills, and willingness to do whatever it took were indispensable in making our dream wedding of 250 guests a reality. He handled everything that came along smoothly and easily, from attending meetings with each of our vendors, to working closely with me to assure we got everything we needed from each of them, to helping redirect an unplanned "surprise" from derailing the evening's flow, to making sure my husband and I - and our guests - were where we were needed throughout the night.
    I have worked on numerous, large-scale fundraising events over the years and have been involved with a number of professional event planners. John sits at the top of the list of people I would recommend and rely upon. You simply couldn't do better!

Sent on 07/27/2017

John Campbell Weddings's reply:

Marc, thank you so much for the wonderful review.
    Working with you on planning the wedding was a blast, and I'm so glad that you and Don had your perfect day.
    (I still can't get over that food!)

Dayna · Married on 02/25/2017

John was my wedding planner last February. His attention to detail and creativity is second to none. He even made sure the grass was cut the day before my wedding!

Sent on 10/02/2017

John Campbell Weddings's reply:

Thank you so much for the kind words, Dayna. You have a lovely family, and helping you with your wedding was an absolute pleasure.
    John Campbell

Jessica · Married on 01/20/2017

John was amazing!!! He made our wedding day go so smooth and took care of every little detail. I would send anyone to him!

Sent on 07/26/2017

John Campbell Weddings's reply:

Thank you, Jessica. I greatly enjoyed working with you, and I'm so happy that your wedding was everything you wanted it to be.
    John Campbell