Jim Dorsey Photography Reviews

• WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2014 Winner
  • WeddingWire Couples' Choice Awards 2013 Winner

• Michael
    Michael M. Married on 05/01/2022

Jim is wonderful to work with!

Couldn't recommend Jim more. He made sure that my wife and I got every picture we ever wanted and he really came through with his photo packages. The quality of the pictures was great and he was very professional but also fun to work with. Glad we went with him for our photographer on our special day!
  • Randall
    Randall H. Married on 02/18/2022

Amazing experiance

wonderful service. Jim was so nice and patient with a guy like me who was new to wedding photography. He took some amazing photos and we now have so many new memories. He is very creative and outgoing when coming up with new ideas for photos. I would recommend Jim to anyone who wants to have a great wedding. Friendly and does amazing work.
  • Ivan
    Ivan F. Married on 10/10/2021

Great experience and exceeded expections

Hired Jim Dorsey for both our engagement and wedding ceremony. Both experiences were great with him. Very professional and easy to get along with. He will definitely make you smile when you least expect it. Photos came out amazing for both shoots. During our wedding we had Jim and another photographer, Curtis, that he trained a while back. Again, both did an amazing job and captured some beautiful images and my wife and I just loved. Everyone was very easy to work with and kept good communications. Especially during the pandemic where we had to reschedule twice, Jim was very organized and kept me updated on what is going to happen. We picked Jim based on reviews online and he was a preferred vendor from the venue we chose. The reviews weren't lying and I hope this review will help someone else make their photographer decision easier. I would definitely recommend Jim/Curtis for any photo shoot any one is planning on having and we would definitely contact them again when we want another shoot. Thanks a lot Jim/Curtis.
  • Glen
    Glenford H. Married on 08/22/2021

Best of service

We were very glad that we used Jim Dorsey for our event. He was very professional and he helped us to get prepared for the big moment. He was punctual and started taking photos from the start of the day until the end of his scheduled time. We recommended him to friends and family and would do the same to anyone else who needs a photographer.
  • Denise
    Denise M. Married on 08/08/2021

Gets the job done with tons of fun!

We came across Jim on wedding wire in an effort to find a photographer 3 weeks out till the wedding day (I know, we are crazy and planned a wedding in 4 weeks). Jim was quick to respond and from the start of our phone conversation, I knew he was the guy for us! He was energetic, witty and with his years of experience, he came to play! He arrived at the hotel for get ready photos and didn't hesitate to get on in and take charge and before I could ask for someone to get things like dress, shoes and accessories ready, Jim and his assistant Patty were on it! They handled my things with care as we had great conversation and Jim was snapping photos, posing, and had such infectious energy that he just made it easy! And this energy did not stop! From prep at the venue to ceremony and reception he caught amazing moments and even made some! My family, wedding party and guests loved him and Patty! We felt at ease around them and Jim caught some very amazing candid moments that just make me smile every time I see the photos. He is a pro and gave us detailed photo packets and with a great turnaround time! Thank you Jim for making our day full of laughter and we will treasure these memories for years to come!
  • Ted
    Ted S. Married on 08/09/2020

Truly Captured The Day!!

Jim is exceptionally great at what he does. We had such a wonderful time with him, such a fun personality. And the photos, WOW!!! We were amazed at some of the shots he got. He truly captured the day!!! Thanks Jim.
    Ted and Deanna
    Casey R. Married on 03/14/2020

Wedding of Tainter/Rapp 3-14-2020

Jim is the BEST photographer for your wedding. He was prompt professional and there wasn't a person that didn't get photographed. He was so engaged and so passionate about what he does...it really shows in his work. There were moments he caught that I wasn't a part of and he caught them perfectly. Thank you
  • Amanda
    Amanda G. Married on 12/21/2019

Absolutely the Best

Jim went above and beyond for us! He was prompt and even in the chaos kept everything together and got all off the shots we wanted and more. He made me feel great and relaxed on the wedding day that everything was taken care of. The quality was fantastic, and he was very prompt. We was so great to my entire family. I would absolutely recommend him to a of my friends and family and I would definitely use Jim again in the future.
    Catherine M. Married on 10/06/2019

Excellent Photographer!

Jim was the photographer at our wedding. He did an amazing job! Our guests thought he was extremely nice, very professional, and extremely thorough. The pictures exceeded our expectations!

We have already recommended him to a friend of ours.
    Larissa B. Married on 09/28/2019

Great Photographer

Jim was great! Guests loved him. We still have people talking about our photographer! Would use him again!
  • Barrie
    Barrie B. Married on 08/20/2019

Awesome sauce

Jim was a very entertaining and great photographer not only was he in urgent care the same morning as my wedding . He still showed up and gave us a great service amazing photographs and a laugh along the way me and my wife would highly recommend mr Jim Dorsey very quirky and fun to work with . Thanks again Jim .
  • Sarra
    Sarra A. Married on 03/23/2019

Absolutely the best

I couldn't have asked for a better photographer. Jim was the absolute best. He captured every memorable moment, and the pictures are absolutely gorgeous. Words cannot describe how happy I am.
  • Dallis Rae
    Dallis R. Married on 01/19/2019

Couldn’t of been happier

Jim is such an amazing photographer, he has the best personality and is so easy to work with. He made our wedding day so sepcial, I couldn’t of asked for anyone better. We got our pictures back very quickly and they are more beautiful than we could of imagined. I will recommend him to everyone I can.
    Jessica O. Married on 10/27/2018

AMAZING photographer

Jim is great at what he does, he shot our wedding and my husband and I couldn’t be any happier with our photos. Jim has a great personality and everyone at our wedding loved him, so did we!
    Danica Married on 08/18/2018
    It sounds like an exaggeration to say that Jim is one of the best photographers, but it is honestly how me and my now-husband feel about him. One of the stand out characteristics about him is that he is seriously accommodating. Whatever shots we wanted, he was more than happy to oblige. His creativity to adapt to any situation was also a huge plus. My husband and I are also an out-of-state couple, but that did not deter him at all. He was more than happy to do paperwork via mail, which was honestly relieving because we were not in a position to meet him until our wedding day. You will be in good hands with Jim. He has so much experience with wedding photography and he was able to provide an entire packet of information for my husband and I prior to the wedding. He arrived to the venue early and we had plenty of time to get shots done on time. We are entirely happy to have hired him!
    Nancy Married on 07/27/2018
    Jim Dorsey was a pleasure to work with. We were so impressed with his work and definitely exceeded our expectations. We will be hiring him for all of our photography needs. He is very professional and has a lot of experience. Probably the best decision we made. I 100% recommend him. Thank you Jim! You're the best!! Love, James & Nancy
    Cheyenne Married on 04/20/2018
    Such an amazing photographer. She is worth every penny in my opinion. He’s not just a photographer he’s more like family and helps out in every way that he can on your big day no matter what it is, if it’s to find details and photos, or just cutting The thread out of your suit jacket pocket.
    Mae Married on 09/29/2017
    Jim Dorsey is an excellent photographer. He is very personable and really cares about his customers.
    Chris Married on 09/10/2017
    Contacted Jim to photograph our 40th wedding anniversary. Jim was very pleasant to deal with and extremely professional. He arrived early and made every guest feel at ease with him as photographed the event. He made certain that every shot came out perfect. I would definitely recommend him for any event you would like to photograph. Amazing value for the money spent!
    Madisen Married on 09/08/2017
    My husband and I LOVED Jim for our wedding! He was super sweet, professional, and extremely flexible with all of our crazy wedding shenanigans. Not to mention he could even have his our entertainment! Our guests loved him also and wanted pictures with him! Definitely would hire him again or just invite him to our parties! Lol he’s SO fun.
    Lisa Married on 07/22/2017
    We knew from the moment we met Jim that he was our photographer. He is very passionate about his work and making people smile and feel relaxed. He had displayed so many photos for us to see his work at out first meeting and we loved his talent. Jim came came early to our wedding and was 100% prepared. He kept us on time and that allowed us plenty of time to party with our guests. We love our photos - Jim captured the "Feeling" of the wedding all of them! Jim loves his work and it shows, as well as people. He by far a PRO at his work- all the way through the entire process of the job.
    Stef Married on 07/15/2017
    He was amazing and made my wedding planning infinitely easier. I had to plan it all in about a month and he really helped me by being Flexible, Fun and aFFordable!! My wedding party and myself found him really easy to work with and made us feel relaxed and like we could be our silly selves during all the process!! We truly appreciated that. He also has little bits of advice for the day-of so the bride and cohorts arent running around like headless chickens. haha! I definitely kept that all in mind.
    Matthew Married on 06/24/2017
    Jim was great to work with. He is funny, professional and transparent. When discussing prices he made sure to communicate what was in each package so everything came out as expected in the final bill. He gave us a digital copy of all the photos and was very easy to work with. There weren't any hidden costs associated. We hired Jim for our wedding and for our engagement pictures. He is a people person and brought a great energy into the room. Also, we referred him to a coworker and he was happy with his experience hiring Jim for his wedding. The price was right for our budget and the overall experience was great.
    Cynthia Married on 02/18/2017
    Just do it. Jim is a great photographer. I have used Jim in my work life and now in my personal life. He photographed our wedding recently and he did a fabulous job. He is the consummate professional and knows exactly how to set up shots for maximum affect. He is a master at candid shots and unexpected moment-type shots. He interacts with the crowd in a way that makes it seem like he is just one of the guests. We are so pleased with the outcome of our photos and his prices are very reasonable. I would not hesitate to recommend him or to use him again, should the need arise.
    Blyssey Married on 12/11/2016
    WOW!! Where to begin about Jim?? He was amazing to work with!! Our photos turned out so beautiful, everyone was in love with him. He was great about working with our schedule wedding day and was such a great sport about everything in general. He took do many pictures and captured special moments. You can tell he has been doing this for years and loves being a photographer. Pictures were back to us quickly and theh look fantastic. I highly recommend his services for any occasion. THANK YOU JIM!!! - Blyssey and Adam Lynch