Jim Dorsey Photography Reviews

60 Reviews for Jim Dorsey Photography

1 User photo

Jim Dorsey Photography 1

Danica · Married on 08/18/2018

It sounds like an exaggeration to say that Jim is one of the best photographers, but it is honestly how me and my now-husband feel about him. One of the stand out characteristics about him is that he is seriously accommodating. Whatever shots we wanted, he was more than happy to oblige. His creativity to adapt to any situation was also a huge plus. My husband and I are also an out-of-state couple, but that did not deter him at all. He was more than happy to do paperwork via mail, which was honestly relieving because we were not in a position to meet him until our wedding day. You will be in good hands with Jim. He has so much experience with wedding photography and he was able to provide an entire packet of information for my husband and I prior to the wedding. He arrived to the venue early and we had plenty of time to get shots done on time. We are entirely happy to have hired him!

Nancy · Married on 07/27/2018

Jim Dorsey was a pleasure to work with. We were so impressed with his work and definitely exceeded our expectations. We will be hiring him for all of our photography needs. He is very professional and has a lot of experience. Probably the best decision we made. I 100% recommend him. Thank you Jim! You're the best!! Love, James & Nancy

Cheyenne · Married on 04/20/2018

Such an amazing photographer. She is worth every penny in my opinion. He’s not just a photographer he’s more like family and helps out in every way that he can on your big day no matter what it is, if it’s to find details and photos, or just cutting The thread out of your suit jacket pocket.

Jim Dorsey Photography 2

Mae · Married on 09/29/2017

Jim Dorsey is an excellent photographer. He is very personable and really cares about his customers.

Chris · Married on 09/10/2017

Contacted Jim to photograph our 40th wedding anniversary. Jim was very pleasant to deal with and extremely professional. He arrived early and made every guest feel at ease with him as photographed the event. He made certain that every shot came out perfect. I would definitely recommend him for any event you would like to photograph. Amazing value for the money spent!

Madisen · Married on 09/08/2017

My husband and I LOVED Jim for our wedding! He was super sweet, professional, and extremely flexible with all of our crazy wedding shenanigans. Not to mention he could even have his our entertainment! Our guests loved him also and wanted pictures with him! Definitely would hire him again or just invite him to our parties! Lol he’s SO fun.

Lisa · Married on 07/22/2017

We knew from the moment we met Jim that he was our photographer. He is very passionate about his work and making people smile and feel relaxed. He had displayed so many photos for us to see his work at out first meeting and we loved his talent. Jim came came early to our wedding and was 100% prepared. He kept us on time and that allowed us plenty of time to party with our guests. We love our photos - Jim captured the "Feeling" of the wedding all of them! Jim loves his work and it shows, as well as people. He by far a PRO at his work- all the way through the entire process of the job.

Stef · Married on 07/15/2017

He was amazing and made my wedding planning infinitely easier. I had to plan it all in about a month and he really helped me by being Flexible, Fun and aFFordable!! My wedding party and myself found him really easy to work with and made us feel relaxed and like we could be our silly selves during all the process!! We truly appreciated that. He also has little bits of advice for the day-of so the bride and cohorts arent running around like headless chickens. haha! I definitely kept that all in mind.

Matthew · Married on 06/24/2017

Jim was great to work with. He is funny, professional and transparent. When discussing prices he made sure to communicate what was in each package so everything came out as expected in the final bill. He gave us a digital copy of all the photos and was very easy to work with. There weren't any hidden costs associated. We hired Jim for our wedding and for our engagement pictures. He is a people person and brought a great energy into the room. Also, we referred him to a coworker and he was happy with his experience hiring Jim for his wedding. The price was right for our budget and the overall experience was great.

Cynthia · Married on 02/18/2017

Just do it. Jim is a great photographer. I have used Jim in my work life and now in my personal life. He photographed our wedding recently and he did a fabulous job. He is the consummate professional and knows exactly how to set up shots for maximum affect. He is a master at candid shots and unexpected moment-type shots. He interacts with the crowd in a way that makes it seem like he is just one of the guests. We are so pleased with the outcome of our photos and his prices are very reasonable. I would not hesitate to recommend him or to use him again, should the need arise.

Blyssey · Married on 12/11/2016

WOW!! Where to begin about Jim?? He was amazing to work with!! Our photos turned out so beautiful, everyone was in love with him. He was great about working with our schedule wedding day and was such a great sport about everything in general. He took do many pictures and captured special moments. You can tell he has been doing this for years and loves being a photographer. Pictures were back to us quickly and theh look fantastic. I highly recommend his services for any occasion. THANK YOU JIM!!! - Blyssey and Adam Lynch

Azucena · Married on 12/09/2016

Jim was great! He took so many great pictures! He got everyone to smile! He was there for the whole time and took lots of great pictures at the reception as well. I didn't have a video, but with all the pictures you could tell what a great time it was. He captured many memorable moments and no one can beat his price!

Cynthia · Married on 07/17/2016

Jim was very professional! My husband & his grooms men loved him. He listened to my wants and needs throughout the entire day. I stated I wanted some personnel alone time with my wedding party to unwind before the big ceremony & he granted that! I can't wait to see the pictures! Thank tuh again Jim!

Jim was absolutely amazing for my June 2016 wedding! He's professional, flexible and affordable. My photos are breathtaking and I'll treasure them forever, I'm so happy we chose him for our special day! He's now our family Photographer ??

Orlando & Rhea

Veronica · Married on 05/28/2016

I so highly recommend Jim Dorsey for any special occasion photography! Jim Dorsey was my photographer at my wedding just this May 2016 and all my pictures came out fabulous that he made it so hard for me to choose which ones I want for my house. I love the pictures and the quality. The colors look great and he came up with some different poses that I never seen before. He also made the guests laugh and enjoy themselves. I couldn't of been more happy with my choice of photographer and I would hire him again for any other special events. I highly recommend him. You won't be disappointed!

• Joe & Brooke's Wedding

Brooke · Married on 04/24/2016

My pictures are absolutely beautiful! If you are looking for breathtaking picture's on one of the most important days of your lives then look no further. Jim Dorsey Photography will provide you with that and much much more!
    Jim guided us through the entire process. From viewing his portfolio's and pricing to what we can expect the day of the wedding. He's professional, easy going, fun and sweet personality made the entire experience memorable. His technic and skill as a photographer speaks for itself. Jim captured all of those specials moments at my wedding and delivered the most amazing pictures!

Rebecca · Married on 04/02/2016

My husband and I spent a lot of time looking for a great photographer for our wedding. When we found Jim and met with him, we knew he was the perfect person to photograph our wedding. He was funny, professional, and his pricing was the best in town! He didn't put a time limit on our big day. He made people laugh. He took his time with everyone. He took amazing, and I mean AMAZING, pictures. Guests from my wedding are still talking about how great of a great personality Jim has. I am extremely happy with the results. Jim has been in this business for years, and his love for photography shines through in his work. I can't stop looking at my pictures. Jim, you are amazing! I cannot thank you enough for capturing our special day as perfectly as you did. You are wonderful!!! Choose Jim, and I promise you... you will not be disappointed

Shauna · Married on 11/13/2015

Jim was fantastic! I had several family members and friends tell me how much they enjoyed Jim at the wedding. He arrived early to take pictures, had a clear vision in mind and made us feel really comfortable. Even though the venue had us on a strict timeline, Jim never made us feel rushed. He's a very talented photographer who clearly loves what he does! A million thanks!

Cynthia · Married on 10/31/2015

Oh my goodness! Where do I start with Jim? He was very understanding that our wedding ceremony and reception were in two different places and far away on top of that! An hour and a half away or so! My family and my invited guests simply enjoyed him and my wedding crew thought he was such a hoot! Our experience with him was nothing but amazing, and when we finally got the photos off our CD to look at them in a bigger setting, my husband and I can definitely say we made the best decision in choosing Jim to take our spooky, Halloween wedding photos! Our photos are simply beautiful and breath taking and everyone loves them, but not as much as my husband I do!
    Thank you for the greatest wedding photography experience Jim!! It was our first time taking professional photography like that and I definitely recommend anyone who's looking for an amazing photographer along with a great and funny guy to pick Jim!! You will not regret it one bit!

Nicholas · Married on 10/28/2015

Where do I start about the wonderful Jim Dorsey? I want to start by thanking him so much for a fun filled day that he was very much apart of. He made our special day even better. Hats off.
    When we first contacted Jim over the phone he was friendly and helpful. He talked us through a plan and sent us a contract. He told us if we did not like him when we met face to face we could cancel with no fee. When we got the contract in the mail and read the funny note with it we knew we had made the right choice. The package also included a number of helpful pages not just for photography but general wedding hints and tips.
    When we met Jim at the Green River in Corona we hit it off straight away. Jillian and I knew this was the guy without a doubt. We could tell Jim loves what he does and he has a real knack with people. What we did not realise was just how amazing he was going to be on our wedding day.
    On the day of the wedding Jim was at Jillian's house bright and early to capture the beautiful bride before hand. Then to the church were I was waiting with boutonnieres in hand. He was like a ghost in the church capturing the ceremony. I would also like to mention that Jim put us in contact with his friend Sal, the videographer, who has more equipment then NBC. They work excellent together.
    At the reception we had a blast. Jillian does not like getting her picture taken, as she gets bored. Not once did she complain because Jim made it so much fun. We had family and friends come from Ireland, Oregon, Florida, Arizona and all over California. Everybody complimented Jim the next day and said how great of a job he did and how much fun he was. Jim might as well have been the fun uncle who likes to take pictures. Everybody loved him. They were taking selfies with him and we all had such a good time.
    If you are looking for a wedding photographer call Jim Dorsey, you wont be disappointed.

Jim is such a sweet man! We booked him for our wedding which will take place in October. After calling him the very first time we were satisfied with his customer service skills. He makes you feel like he has known you forever and is so welcoming! When we finally met up with him to go over details of what he offers, he welcomed us with open arms! He is so professional while still remaining humble and friendly. We are without a doubt excited to see the photos he will be capturing on our special day and couldn't be happier with the deal he is providing us!

Christina · Married on 10/03/2015

Jim was such an amazing photographer. He makes you feel like family right off of the bat. If you have a sense of humor, you will definitely appreciate his. He makes you laugh and gets the real smile out of you and your guests. His pricing is more than fair and the amount of experience he has is priceless in itself. I am so happy we went with Jim as our photographer and highly recommend him to anyone looking for a wedding photographer!

michael · Married on 08/15/2015

This man went above and beyond, first insisting that he do the job instead of my friend to photo the wedding of my daughter. With her time limited due to medical conditions, this man caught not only the reality of the situation but the moments that no one would of thought to catch and once viewed you know this is the man for the job! I can not thank Jim Dorsey enough for the professional job he did and the great eye he has! I would recommend Jim Dorsey Photography to anyone and everyone with special issues or not. This is the man for the job! His skills show glowing through his product. Happy, Sad, Reality, Stealthy, and in your face, getting and catching the right moments on film with such clarity you would swear its 3d. Thank you Jim for a job not only well done but done above and beyond my expectations! You are truly a master at your craft! Also the expedient way you returned the finished product was astonishing! This will mean years of memories and heart felt moments even after the passing of my daughter! Your gift of memories shall never be forgotten! Thanks again. AAA+++ Service, Professionalism, Response, Communication and Product.

raina · Married on 05/23/2015

The minute we meet Jim my husband and I knew he was it! Jim was approachable and did not hesitate answering all my questions. I was able to pay him in payments which was helpful keeping me within my budget. The day of our wedding Jim showed up early. he took so many photos of my family getting ready. During the wedding I did not even notice him there! he was able to get photos from many angles without disturbing my guests. My family was very impressed with his professionalism and his ability to capture every moment. during the meet and greet he even busted out a wooden frame which my husband and I felt was very creative. IF you are on a budget and want good quality shots Jim Dorsey is your photographer.