Jade & Onyx Events Reviews

Jade & Onyx Events View more information

• Aaron
    Aaron D. Married on 04/03/2021

Lucky to have had them.

Jade & Onyx made our wedding at the Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center the best experience ever.

We didn't know if we would be able to hire them, because they were a bit out of our price range, but they worked with our budget (which we are so thankful for.) Sarah A. arranged multiple calls with us starting from about 90 days out, which was a pleasant surprise since most day-of coordinators will only start talking to you 30 days out. We had virtual meetings together throughout the 90 days, slowly going through and solidifying the details of the wedding. Most importantly, we talked through what we wanted the overall vibe/atmosphere to be like. I had been in contact with other coordinators who had stellar reviews, but when I talked with them they seemed a bit negative and told me that certain things we wanted couldn’t be done/would be difficult to get done… Personally, I wanted a coordinator that took my ideas/wants and brainstormed ways to make them a reality. Sarah really listened to what was important to us, and worked with us and all of our other vendors to make that a reality.

Not everything on our wedding day went exactly according to plan because that's just how weddings go (for example, our speeches went over about 30 minutes lol!), but they made sure the overall atmosphere and vibe stayed consistent throughout, and that the things that were most important to us were executed seamlessly. We both had the most relaxing and enjoyable wedding day. We feel so lucky to have had them.
  • Amanda
    Amanda K. Married on 01/05/2021

The Best Planner I've Ever Worked With

Working with Sarah at Jade + Onyx was the absolute best experience I could have asked for. I came to her with a vision of having a romantic, Italian-inspired outdoor wedding. Not only did she help me find the perfect venue in the Texas Hill Country, but she also assisted with finding the amazing vendors from floral, food, entertainment, furniture rentals, and more. She ran point on the floral wall for photos, organizing the 13-piece band, renting the modern chic furniture, getting the perfect lighting and a floral ceremony piece that became the statement piece of the wedding.

The best part was that she developed the schedule for me for all of the vendors and was there the day-of to make that everything went off without a hitch. I can't recommend Sarah enough, she has the best taste and I'm so happy she was a part of our special day.
  • Heather
    Heather M. Married on 09/28/2019

Perfect from start to finish

I had two different aesthetics in mind that Sarah blended together seamlessly to create an elegant garden themed wedding with rustic elements. I was a more laid back bride in that I didn't come ready with a million ideas that I had been thinking about since childhood so I trusted Sarah to bring her professional expertise and she let the small details that I hadn't even thought about really enhance our wedding. She was so organized and attentive even down to making sure each table setting was perfect. All of her planning and hard work allowed me to have the most amazing day. And it really was perfect from start to finish!
  • Betsy
    Betsy S. Married on 05/18/2019

A 5 Star Experience and True Professional!

Sarah was simply perfect! For as long as I can remember I knew that if I was fortunate enough to find my forever person and have a wedding one day, I wanted it by the water. Some of my favorite childhood memories are from spending the summers at our beach back home in Connecticut. And my husband loves the water just as much as I do, spending his summers at his family's lake house in Texas. When Sarah and I first met, I had shared this vision with her, and she immediately suggested the Lakeway Resort & Spa here in Austin. We visited a few other lakefront venues before seeing Lakeway Resort, and within minutes of our tour my husband and I both had the "this is it!" moment. The glass-windowed reception room has breathtaking panoramic views of Lake Travis. The resort had such a cozy, romantic, fun vibe to it, and I could immediately envision our family and friends enjoying all of their amazing amenities. I was very impressed with how in tune Sarah already was with my vision and priorities for our big day, so it was a no-brainer to hire her for month-of and design coordination!

Sarah was on top of EVERYTHING and guided us throughout the entire process with a smile. Besides her sharp professionalism and attention to detail, she brought personality, humor and levity to every task we had to tackle (something that a nervous/excited bride greatly appreciated!). Instead of what I thought would be stressful meetings, our planning meetings were FUN!! We had multiple meetings to go over budget, food, floral and table decor, lighting, timeline...the list goes on. Sarah was always available and extremely responsive. She has amazing industry relationships and provided vendor recommendations which proved to be invaluable. And most importantly, I could be myself with her, open and honest, and knew she was always looking out for the best for us.

Sarah designed a beautiful ceremony floor plan, including a creative floral arrangement which surrounded the altar. Our ceremony took place in the same ballroom the resort provides for the reception, which required a room flip that Sarah executed flawlessly while we took our wedding party pictures and enjoyed the cocktail hour. The flow of the day couldn't have been smoother, all thanks to Sarah's perseverance and coordination.

I honestly cannot say enough amazing things about Sarah, and cannot put into words how thankful my husband and I were to have worked with her. I still remember seeing Sarah minutes before walking down the aisle and her presence calmed me in such a way that I'll forever be grateful for. I would partner up with her again for any event I plan in the future. She is hard working, passionate, and goes above and beyond for her clients. It goes without saying that anyone would be in fantastic hands with Sarah. From beginning to end, my experience was nothing less than stellar!