3 Reviews for Historic Leafwood

Chairs (1)
Tables (1)
Tents (1)
Parking (1)

This place is awesome! We had our wedding there in late April 2018, and it was extremely beautiful. Angeline is a warm and accommodating host, and she was exceptionally responsive during the planning process. She even helped fill in some of the gaps that our (not so great) planner left on the day of, and she was willing to take care of issues in a graceful way, which saved us from having to worry too much. Definitely a pleasure to work with.

The venue itself is really nice in the spring for an outdoor wedding. We had a tent for the reception, which was nice but honestly you could probably do without it from May through September if it's not raining. There's a lot of space and room for guests to be comfortable, and the little buildings on the property are especially charming. The amenities are more than adequate for a 100 guest wedding (what we had): the kitchen worked well for the caterer, the dressing rooms were great, and the guest restrooms are fine. We loved the accommodations for the two of us in the little cottage, and there were a lot of nice little touches that we appreciated.

The venue is overall a decent value for what you get. I do recommend going with Angeline's recommendations for vendors (listed on Leafwood's website), as it makes it easier and the ones we used (particularly Sweets and Soirees for catering and cake, and Riverwood Designs for flowers) turned out to work great. This also helps maximize value without too much added effort because Angeline seems to know weddings in the area very well and has put some thought into these recommendations. She does offer flexibility with vendors if you want to look on your own, which is also nice. Overall, definitely recommend this venue for a beautiful outdoor wedding!

Profile Picture Jay, 4/29/18, 4 Reviews
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue
Services Used: Chairs, Dance Floor, Tables, Tents, Accommodations, Event Rentals, Bridal Suite, Set Up, Scenic Views, Parking

I had my engagement party the weekend before my wedding. Everything turned out beautiful and better than I could have ever imagined. They were very accommodating as well. I highly recommend them!

Profile Picture H, 4/14/18, 1 Review
Category: Ceremony & Reception Venue

I did my engagement photos at Historic Leafwood and I fell in love! Angeline and Grady made the day wonderful, and the bride and groom beach cottage is so dreamy. There were so many little touches like breakfast upon arrival and drinks throughout the photography session. What a wonderful venue!

Profile Picture Nanna, 7/22/16, 1 Review