Gold Mine Cupcakes Reviews

18 | Golden, CO

18 Reviews for Gold Mine Cupcakes

Rachel · Married on 06/02/2018

YUM! Gold Mine has the BEST cupcakes. They disappeared very quickly, and we were pretty bummed there weren't any extra for us to take home. I love that they gave us a discount on cupcakes leading up to the wedding so that we could try more flavors. Honestly though, you really don't need to sample too many flavors because they are all so delicious it just makes it harder to narrow it down to 4 flavors. We didn't have them deliver, but they were totally fine with just helping our friends load up the coolers so they could be transported safely. Highly recommend for weddings and for when you just want a cupcake

Sent on 06/16/2018

Julie · Married on 11/26/2016

Cupcakes were beautifully decorated and displayed. Came in all sorts of flavors, so it was hard to choose!

Sent on 12/10/2016

Sarah and company were wonderful. Personalized service. Very responsive. Very tasty.

Sent on 08/11/2015

Sara · Married on 07/24/2015

We had Sarah cater cupcakes for our wedding on July 24th and she was amazing. The cupcakes everyone raved about, the delivery, and prompt responses were always fast. I would recommend these cupcakes to anyone. They are delicious!

Sent on 08/06/2015

Melissa · Married on 07/18/2015

In April of 2014, Gold Mine Cupcakes made my daughter's event a once in a lifetime celebration! I was so impressed that I have continued to use them for every dessert catering event that I have hosted in the past two years. Soon, I will be using Gold Mine at my own wedding and know that I will receive nothing but perfection.

If you want the absolute best and most delicious cupcakes then you can count on Gold Mine! I whole-heartedly recommend them!

Sent on 02/24/2015

Chrisitna · Married on 07/10/2015

LOVE this company and their services!

I had mini cupcakes and a small cutting cake!

Delicious and beautiful!!!

Love love love! Worth every penny!

Sent on 08/18/2015

Shanda · Married on 06/19/2015

Our guests RAVED about how unique and wonderful the cupcakes were. They sat everything up while i was getting ready and I didn't even know they were there. :) i came down to a beautiful display! All the cupcakes were SO yummy we can't wait to go to the store and try more of them. The price is awesome as well!

Sent on 07/01/2015
  • Kristyღ

Kristy · Married on 06/13/2015

Absolutely amazing people who run this company. It is family owned, decently priced, and they gave me everything I asked for. I am so pleased with them! Everyone loved the cupcakes we had made and the top tier cake was delicious! They cause no headaches, showed up on time with everything set up beautifully! If I could give them 10 stars I would! Thank you so much for your professionalism and your delicious cakes!

Sent on 06/14/2015
  • Anna

Anna · Married on 10/03/2014

Gold Mine Cupcakes provided us with the cupcakes and cake topper for our wedding! It was delicious! We had so many compliments on them! We picked three different flavors (turtle, classic white and strawberry) and they were all so good! Not only did they taste good but they look incredible too! The price for the quality of the product was outstanding! They arrived at the venue on time, set everything up, and were flexible on when we could return the cupcake stand to them!

Sent on 01/13/2015

The cupcakes were beautiful and delicious! Sara was incredibly responsive and flexible. She even drove to our venue to pick up the cupcake display the day after the wedding and met us for a tasting before the wedding! Gold Mine Cupcakes also has a ton of delicious flavors to choose frm.

Sent on 07/06/2014

Our Gold Mine Cupcakes wedding cake/cupcake display was one of my favorite features of the day.

To start things off, we were able to taste any cupcake we liked at our consultation. This included whole cupcakes! Though we wished we could serve them all, Sara was great at helping us narrow down flavors and quantities. When our final headcount became larger than expected, she even helped us tweak our final order without any trouble.

Gold Mine Cupcakes also offered different display pieces for the cupcakes and offered to add flowers that coordinated with our color scheme. Set up was included at our reception location and the display looked perfect.
    We also had a small cutting cake so that we still had the traditional cake cutting ceremony and photos.

Choosing cupcakes over a traditional wedding cake was a great value and a hit with our guests. The cupcake display was truly memorable and we’re happy we selected Gold Mine Cupcakes to bring it all together.

Sent on 01/17/2016

Mary · Married on 09/12/2015

The first thing we did was book our tasting with Gold Mine cupcakes! They came to us, and we got to enjoy wine while we feasted on tasters to decide for our wedding. This sister-owned company is amazing and a must have!!!

Sent on 09/03/2015

Ashley · Married on 09/19/2014

We recently had our wedding at the Boettcher Mansion where Gold Mine is a preferred vendor. My husband, and I taste tested several cake companies and selected Gold Mine as our preferred vendor for our special day! We loved the cupcakes, and they were made to our taste! The cupcakes were so moist, and the frosting was not over the top sweet! Pefectly made! Gold Mine set our cupcakes up on the display we made for our day, and every guest at the wedding thought the display was amazing! Not to mention every guest commented on the amazing taste of the cupcakes, and most people had to have more than one! My husband, and I were pleased with our selection of Gold Mine cupcakes, and would recommend them for your special day!

Sent on 09/24/2014
  • Courtney

Courtney · Married on 06/10/2017

The cupcakes and cutting cake were delicious! They delivered the cupcakes and set them up on a stand that was available for rent from them. Delivery within Golden was free, not sure what the fee is otherwise, they have so many flavors to choose from we went with the cookies and cream, turtle, strawberry, and lemon. We ordered 200 mini cupcakes for 95 guests, we had LOTS left over.

Sent on 06/19/2017

Stacey · Married on 07/27/2018

3.0

Gold Mine was fabulous! There are so many flavors to choose from, and they'll let you pick 4 for your wedding. We ordered cherry turnover, brown sugar caramel, lavender, and chocolate peanut butter: 135 cupcakes for 75 guests, and had only 5 lavender left over. We got rave reviews from them all night. They were delivered on time and were even able to put on some custom cupcake liners I made the week of the wedding. They also provided me with 6 special gluten + dairy free cupcakes for those with allergies. "Wedding" cupcakes are unfortunately slightly more expensive than regular ones, but I would still use them again for my day with no questions asked.

Sent on 08/09/2018

Kim · Married on 12/31/2016

3.0

It was great to be able to sit down and do a tasting of all the cupcakes first! Loved that.

My challenge with these guys was the same as some of the other reviewers - responsiveness. Hard to get them to reply to an email, always had to leave a voicemail for Penny and wait for a call back. Felt like a lot of phone tag. A bride does not need to be worried about all this a week before the wedding and I was.

In the end in all was beautiful and came out exactly as we discussed so no worries there. Display was beautiful and cupcakes (five flavors!) were so good. Penny had suggested we do the smaller serving cupcakes instead of the large ones which was a great call - more bite sized - better finger food during the reception. All in all I'd say I was happy with this vendor, just wished the communication would have been better.

Sent on 02/01/2017

3.4
      2.0
      3.0

Responsiveness and correspondence was not very professional. It was quite frustrating at times. But at the end they did an amazing job! Everything was delivered on time looked beautiful and was absolutely delicious!

Sent on 08/23/2016

3.4
      1.0
      3.0

Gold Mine Cupcakes recently provided the cupcakes for my wedding. I want to start by saying that I would strongly recommend visiting Gold Mine Cupcakes' new shop in Golden, CO! Their cupcakes are delicious and it is an adorable family owned shop! I would, however, not use them again as a vendor for a large event. They were often very hard to get in contact with and would quote one price on one invoice and then a different price on the next invoice. She was very sweet and good at fixing her mistakes (like the pricing), but as a bride, you do not want to have to stress about these details and don't want to worry about the possibility of finding another vendor when they aren't communicating with you. Overall, I love the product they make (and will definitely go to their store and buy more!) , but the communication was a big issue for me.

Sent on 09/03/2015