Glitzzy Events Reviews

Glitzzy Events 5
Glitzzy Events 6
Glitzzy Events 7

Hannu Pande · Getting married on 08/04/2020

Glitzy and Sparkle the best ever team to host a wedding in Austin

Cheryl and Rohit,

The accolades have not stopped...

Magical evening
    Synchronized to perfection
    Masterpiece
    Epitome of elegance
    Stunning

These ovations just didn't happen on their own...........
    If you ask me it was in June last year, when we met for the first time and decided to go forward together. Looking back, and we did not know it then - it was the best decision we took. Your guidance and advise put the framework to a perfect wedding. There are so many small, and not so small things you have done which we are not even aware of. Your persistence to get it right came through in so many difference ways. Example, we signed off on the seating chart but you knew something was not right and you kept at it till you were satisfied. Your positive attitude, coupled with your enthusiasm showed every step of the way.

Thank you for all you have done for making this amazing event happen. Now that the event is behind us and you are are busy with your next event it will indeed give us great joy if we stay in touch. Please give us a call and stop by our home whenever you are in Katy.
    i
    Hannu and Ratna Pande

Sent on 04/27/2019
  • Raji

Raji Srinivasan · Married on 06/15/2019

Cheryl Fernandes of Glitzy Events Austin is the best for Indian weddings!

Cheryl and Rohit Fernandes of Glitzy Events helped plan my daughter's wedding (3-day event) in June 2019 in Austin, TX. She is absolutely the very best! She worked hard with us and especially with my daughter and son-in-law to make sure the wedding went the way we wanted it. On the days of the event, Cheryl and Rohit were on top of everything and ensured that the event went off smoothly. My husband and I were able to relax and enjoy the wedding celebrations and everyone complimented us on how well things were organized! Thanks Cheryl!

One other thing to mention about Cheryl is that she has a big heart and does not operate like an external vendor but as someone who genuinely cares about the celebration. I would recommend her very strongly for your events!

Sent on 08/04/2019
  • Bina

Bina Bhuva · Married on 06/04/2019

The best!

As a mother of the bride I cannot say enough positive things about Cheryl, her Husband Rohit and their crew. Their professionalism, friendliness and advise on timeline and all event schedules were second to none. From the day she was hired in October, Cheryl was always available to respond to emails, endless text messages and numerous phone calls. During the wedding they made sure that everything ran like clockwork, they made sure there were plenty of appetizers, cocktails and drinks for everyone, and even the hosts and their family members were always looked after. Most of all, they made sure that Venue was back to normal afterwards, everything was tidied up and put away. After the wedding we received so many compliments about Cheryl's execution of event and how seamless the entire event was. Cheryl and her husband Rohit made this wedding memorable not only for the brides but for all the guests as well. Honestly It would not have been possible if we had not hired Cheryl. I highly recommend Glitzzy's event planning services.

Sent on 05/04/2019
    Glitzzy Events 8

Palak S · Married on 05/11/2019

Wedding Planning

We faced the worst case scenario--using the rain plan for what was supposed to be an outdoor ceremony. The week before our wedding Cheryl made sure we had a solid rain plan we were all comfortable with. The day of the wedding, with some (but not much) guidance on what the end product would look like, Cheryl coordinated the most beautiful wedding set up indoors. So much so that I didn't feel an ounce of regret that we couldn't have an outdoor ceremony we wanted. With a fusion wedding, we also had a set of unique challenges. Cheryl was able to seamlessly plan two ceremonies and honor both cultures. Undoubtedly, hiring Cheryl was money well spent and saved us hours and money in the long run. She also helped us find terrific vendors which fit into our budget.

Sent on 08/05/2019
  • Kelly

Kelly Wenger · Married on 04/06/2019

Highly recommend!!! Fantastic service!

We had the pleasure of working with Cheryl and her husband Rohit (and his catering service Sparkle) for our wedding in April. They provided excellent service to us and made sure all of our needs, concerns, and questions were answered and taken care of! Cheryl provided wonderful guidance while also allowing us to make the choices we wanted that matched our wedding vision. She was well organized, timely, and showed great professionalism. We are truly grateful for her attention to detail to help make our dream wedding a reality! We highly recommend her and her husband's catering company - it will really take the stress out of the big day! Thanks again for all of your hard work and dedication to working to make sure our wedding was a huge success!

Sent on 05/06/2019

rachna · Married on 07/28/2018

It’s hard for me to think about my wedding happening without Cheryl. I was the first to get married in my family and had many ideas for the ceremony and reception, but no clue how to actually organize and implement our ideas. This is where Cheryl and her husband come into play. They can execute any idea and make it a reality. They have vendors for anything needed for a wedding and truly are some of the sweetest people we have had the pleasure of working with in awhile. If you are in doubt as to whether or not to spend money on a wedding planner, I can say with complete confidence that Cheryl is the right person to help you. She made herself available at all times to answer our questions and kept our event running smoothly and beautifully the day of. Cannot thank you enough Cheryl and we will be back here with any more big life event celebrations to plan!!!!

Sent on 08/01/2018

Rebecca · Married on 07/28/2018

Cheryl and Glittzy Events helped us with our fusion wedding. She was outstanding, seeing the Bride’s big picture while adding her own advise and experience. Glittzy events handled the wedding and all the events leading up to it with professionalism and grace.

Sent on 08/02/2018
    Glitzzy Events 9
    Glitzzy Events 10

Satya · Married on 07/28/2018

We just wrapped up a wedding planned by Cheryl. She did an absolutely amazing job for my daughter's wedding. From selecting vendors to negotiating with them to getting them to perform, she handled each and every task meticulously. She has a vendor for everything you can think of. She balances the dimensions of vision, practicality, and budgets effectively. She pushes back where she must. On the day of the wedding, she had a minute by minute plan for the day across multiple venues. When we were stressed, she famously said none of us needed to be, because we can transfer our stresses to her. Cheryl enabled all of us to fully enjoy the wedding without worrying about a single thing! If you want an amazing, delightful and worry-free wedding experience, Cheryl is your wedding planner. I totally recommend her.

Sent on 08/21/2018
    Glitzzy Events 11
    Glitzzy Events 12
    Glitzzy Events 13

Prachi G. · Married on 07/15/2018

The Best Wedding Planner!

My husband and I can’t imagine getting through the wedding planning and execution process without Cheryl, Glitzzy Events and her team!!

She helped us plan our dream wedding all within 5 months! She helped gather, consolidate and turn my, my now husband and our family’s many asks and desires into reality!

You can probably imagine that a wedding in such a short timeline requires immense attention to detail and a passion to help. She had a list of specialty vendors to meet our Indian wedding needs. Each step of the planning process was seamless because of Cheryl’s connections, her expertise in all things wedding related and her ability to break it down for everyone. She saw the big picture, is very organized, made sure our family and the various vendors are informed of the plan and any changes.

In addition to the help and guidance she provided during planning, she was wonderful on the big day! My husband, family and I were able to enjoy the day without having to worry about any details. Cheryl, her team and the many vendors were there every step of the way. Their execution was phenomenal. Every detail that was planned was executed perfectly and on time. I am so very thankful to Cheryl and her team!

If you are looking for someone to help plan and coordinate your specialty India style wedding in Austin, we definitely recommend Cheryl, Glitzzy Events and her Team!

Sent on 12/17/2018

Rekha · Married on 05/12/2018

Cheryl is amazing! We used Glittzy Events for wedding coordination and I just don’t know how we could’ve done it without her. She literally made sure every last detail was taken care of and made our wedding day as stress-free as possible. I can’t express how much I appreciated and NEEDED Cheryl’s help throughout this whole process. Also, Cheryl knows everyone in the ATX wedding industry, which is comforting as her advice is valuable. I would highly recommend Cheryl to anyone planning a wedding in Austin, particularly an Indian wedding. You simply cannot go wrong with Cheryl’s keen attention to detail, patience, connections, and creativity.

Sent on 06/01/2018
    Glitzzy Events 14

Robin Donahe · Married on 05/06/2018

Cheryl is the best wedding planner I have worked with - and since I own & operate a special events horse-drawn carriage & Baraat horse service, I have worked with a LOT of wedding planners. Cheryl by far provides the most communication and the quickest response as well as runs the most ON-TIME events!!
    If you are getting married, use Cheryl as your planner, you won't be sorry - or late!

Sent on 04/25/2018

Bhanu · Married on 05/06/2018

This review is long overdue. “Do we need a wedding planner for our wedding?”. This was one of the questions I asked during the beginning stages of planning our wedding. I was so nervous on hiring a wedding planner. Scared that they overcharge or the general assumption that we will not get exactly what we want.

We did a destination wedding and were a bit worried with regards to organizing and choosing our vendors but Cheryl made the process as painless as possible. She is very organized, attentive and detail oriented. She prepared a google docs for us to update and track list of tasks to be done and she made sure we were on right track for all the events planned for our wedding. Going into the final stretch before the wedding, she really starts to bring everything together and will bring to your attention details you never considered. All her packages are very reasonable for the amount of work she puts in.

She always responded quickly to any questions we had, gave us friendly reminders every time we needed to get things done or submitted. We had so many last minute things and Cheryl took care of everything. She had thought of things that we did not even think about. Trust me there are really few things we didn’t even know.

On our wedding day, we knew we had absolutely nothing to stress about because Cheryl and her team were on it. We couldn't have asked for a better planner, and we are so grateful that we picked Cheryl to help us throughout our wedding planning.

Thank you Cheryl for all that you and your team has done to make our wedding, dreams come true, STRESS FREE! We highly recommend her to anyone, because she really knows what she's doing and you can really see that she absolutely loves what she does!

Thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

Sent on 08/01/2018

Mena · Married on 04/28/2018

I booked Cheryl for Month and Day-Of services for our two-night wedding. I like to be very organized and Cheryl's process to pull all of our plans together and execute was amazing! We hosted a Western and Indian ceremony and Cheryl's experience was so helpful to the uniqueness we wanted to apply to our ceremonies. She is very knowledgeable about a variety of different cultural and religious weddings and her suggestions and reminders were so helpful. She also understood my vision from the beginning and carried through with all my wishes. She navigated the various perspectives including mine, my husband, and both parents. She also calmly handled the execution and I didn't have to worry at all that everything would go according to plan since she was there. Our wedding days were relaxing and enjoyable thanks to Cheryl and Rohit!

Sent on 06/10/2018

Sriya · Married on 03/23/2018

Cheryl planned our wedding in Austin, TX and I could not have asked for a better wedding planner. I do not live in Austin so I relied completely on Cheryl for vendor recommendations, negotiations, tastings, etc. She handled everything with aplomb. We had a traditional Indian wedding with Sangeet, wedding ceremony, and reception for 300 people. Cheryl was so good at thinking of all the little details that made the event so special. In addition, she is so organized and that made the event go so smoothly. We got so many comments from our friends and family at how spectacular and well-organized our wedding was. I would not hesitate to hire Cheryl (and Rohit!) again for any future event planning. She is worth every penny (and her prices are very reasonable).

Sent on 04/03/2018

Sheela · Married on 10/26/2017

Cheryl is such an awesome person! She is extremely passionate about her work and is always willing to go the extra mile! We worked with her for months, and she helped us from the beginning idea stage to the full execution stage. Additionally, she is a caring and personable person! She made sure that the day was stress-free for us. Thank you Cheryl and Rohit for making our party such a memorable event! We would highly recommend them for any event!

Sent on 10/28/2017

Sriteja · Married on 09/29/2017

My wife and I got recently married in India and wanted to host a reception in Austin for our friends and family in the US who couldn't make it to our wedding. Not really knowing what to do and pretty frustrated with our search for the venue, my mom and I decided to look for wedding planners and found Cheryl. We met her for dinner one evening where she walked us through what all is needed and helped us come up with a budget expectation.

Cheryl and her team were great! Cheryl helped us find the perfect venue for our reception that all the guests loved, a good photographer to cover to the event (which was very important to us), as well as the DJ, cake, and just about everything else. She did a wonderful job coordinating with all the vendors and even negotiating with them to help us meet our budget. Last but not least, she did an outstanding job with the decorations. We really liked that she listened to all our requests and helped us plan a great evening, all the while keeping our budget in mind. I highly recommend her!

Sent on 10/25/2017

Roshni · Married on 08/13/2017

Cheryl is amazing!!! We had a destination wedding in Austin, TX and came to the city knowing absolutely nothing about what it had to offer, except that the views were gorgeous. Cheryl has connections with great vendors in the past and gave us good recommendations on who we should consider working with for each event given the details of what we were expecting (different types of food, decorations, etc.). This also meant she was able to get us good deals with these vendors as well as negotiate prices. She was very organized and set up Google docs for me to review and update often to make sure we were on schedule and had a good understanding of what to expect on the days of the events. She was always available and ready to help. We were e-mailing and texting Cheryl several times weekly and she was always willing to help us out. When we got closer to the wedding, she also set up phone meetings every 2 days to make sure everything was on track for last minute details. My parents and I were especially amazed at how much we were able to get done during our 2 day trips to Austin. We simply let Cheryl know when we wanted to come down and she arranged all meetings with the vendors and kept everything on time. We always left with a sense of accomplishment without feeling overwhelmed. We had several friends and family members tell us how organized and on schedule everything was during the wedding weekend. She even made sure all bills were finalized after the events and offered to pick up things that were left at venues for us. Overall, Cheryl was a lifesaver and helped us flawlessly plan a destination wedding in 6 months. I HIGHLY recommend her and her team.

Sent on 10/11/2017

Anubodh · Married on 04/08/2017

Cheryl was fantastic to work with. We planned a destination Indian wedding in Austin, and as soon as we met with her and decided to work with her, Cheryl put us at ease. She was very responsive, organized, and fun to work with. She made sure that we were both happy with the decisions we were making, and also worked with us to come up with solutions for any problems as they came up. She and her husband were also a fantastic help especially on the day of the wedding, and helped us pull off a wedding ceremony at one venue and a reception at another venue about 40 mins away without a hitch. We are both so happy that Cheryl made our dream wedding happen, and wholeheartedly recommend her to others planning their wedding in the Austin area.

Sent on 05/23/2017

Sharanya · Married on 04/01/2017

Cheryl and her team helped us pull off an Indian fusion wedding and henna ceremony/pre-wedding party a month ago in Texas Hill Country. Cheryl patiently and diligently worked with us for a year, finding vendors and negotiating with them and also negotiating between the sometimes-competing desires of the bride/groom/parents/budget. She did a fantastic job with that, but I think we didn't even really appreciate her value until the events took place. Cheryl pulled together everything flawlessly, and we as well as our guests were awed by how beautiful both days were. And she was cheerful the entire time, despite having to manage stress coming at her from all directions. We are very very glad that Cheryl was a part of our wedding.

Sent on 04/30/2017

Glitzzy Events's reply:

Thank you Sai. I totally appreciate your kind words, I enjoyed working with you all to make this special weekend in your life a forever memory. You are an amazing young woman and wish nothing but the best for Bob and yourself.

Rupa · Married on 12/16/2016

A Wedding Coordinator, Extraordinaire

Dear Cheryl and Rohit,

What a wedding! And what a great effort and assist from you guys! A thank you would not suffice for such effort, dedication to work, empathy, and willingness to go the extra mile, so here goes –

An almost yearlong effort of work between you and Nisha came to fruition in an arcade hail of sparklers! Every detail and assist by you, Cheryl, has been noticed and appreciated by the wedding guests from both sides. Your input in negotiating food prices and menu with the different restaurants helped us in controlling our expenses. Your detailed inputs in hour long teleconferences have won over converts, most notably a guy who came in on a horse!

Not enough could be said about Rohit, a true roll up the sleeves and get down to it guy. Your tremendous help all around, which includes getting the limes on Meet and Greet night, was a savior event! You are a great partner for Cheryl in what you guys do. Thanks again! We need to break bread over some wine and good desi food one of these days.

All three of us, Rupa, Priya and myself, thank you in earnest for a job well done. Who knows, maybe a couple of years down the road, there could be one more request for an encore?

Best Wishes,
    Vipul, Rupa & Priya

Sent on 01/02/2017

Nisha · Married on 12/16/2016

Words cannot express how amazing Cheryl was in planning our dream wedding. We found out quickly that Cheryl's experience and talent with weddings and events was exceptional and we wanted her to be a part of our big day. She is wonderful to work with and you can see and feel her passion in what she does. She helped us with creating a vendor list, budget, timeline, guest list, etc and it was very well managed. And she will also make sure you are on top of it! I will always remember the late phone calls that would last hours, meetings at the venue, and all the fun we had while planning our events. She went above and beyond to make sure our day was special and she made our vision come to life. Moreover, her husband Rohit was there in on the action to help and make sure everything ran smoothly. We found out later that during the sangeet we had run out of beer and wine. Rohit went to a nearby grocery store to get more and then made a second trip back to get limes for the beer! We were just in awe - Cheryl and Rohit are a great team and they truly care for you and take care of you. We were able to enjoy our events stress free and our guests enjoyed every minute of it. Many of our guests complimented us on the flow of events and were so impressed with how everything ran. Cheryl and her team made that happen and we couldn't have been happier. We highly recommend Cheryl for any event planning you need!

Thank you Cheryl for making our dream wedding come true and making it such a memorable one!

Sent on 01/18/2017

Suraiya · Married on 12/03/2016

Cheryl is awesome !! Cheryl and her husband were a great team in creating our wedding day extra special for us! She is fantastic to work with and she takes her work very seriously. Her passion shows up in her efforts to make things flawless. She always had great suggestions and ideas for us throughout the process. Since ours was destination wedding in Austin, Cheryl coordinated everything with the venue and was very responsive in her communication. She made sure we were stress-free and ensured smooth flaw on the day off wedding  She is very caring, friendly and personable. She went out of her way to arrange for last minute changes to ensure the venue and set up looked pretty. We were able to enjoy our wedding day without any stress and focus on our family and friends only because of Cheryl and Rohit. Thank you Cheryl for making our wedding so memorable and beautiful. It wouldn’t have been the same if it wasn’t for you ! Everything was perfect, we would highly recommend her for any event :)

Sent on 12/07/2016

Shweta · Married on 10/22/2016

Cheryl at Glitzzy Events was amazing in helping us plan our wedding in a short six month period! Not being local to Austin myself, Cheryl's long experience with planning events, particularly South Asian weddings in Austin was invaluable to our families.
    Both Cheryl and Rohit's willingness and patience in understanding our vision for the event, creating and managing a detailed timeline, recommending/ sourcing new vendors and even starting a catering service that would meet our requirements was more than what we could have wished for. This passionate, wholehearted team made our dream wedding come true! We were able to enjoy our big day with all our guests completely stress free! Thank you so much!

Sent on 12/13/2016
  • I

Isha · Married on 09/17/2016

Glitzzy Events
    Pros: organized, detail-oriented, creative, communicative, flexible, patient, high-quality
    Cons: I can’t think of a single one!
    Glitzzy Events managed Pratham Austin’s gala this year on September 17, 2016 at the Hyatt Regency. The program was fairly complex with many codependent moving parts, which had to flow correctly for the night to be considered a success. It’s an understatement to say this year's gala was the best we've ever had. With 530+ attendees, over 15 vendors, and incredibly high expectations, as the organizers, we knew that there would be a lot to manage on the day of the gala, and I was personally prepared to spend the entire evening helping manage logistics. However, Cheryl and her team were fantastic! Every single detail was taken care of and I was actually able to mingle with attendees and enjoy the evening. Every attendee who provided feedback on the event said it was wonderfully organized and run, the credit for which goes to Cheryl.
    I was particularly impressed with Cheryl’s ability to manage multiple details with high-quality results. She managed the delivery and set up of appetizers from 5 different restaurants, the photographer, DJ, auction set up, décor, venue details, food and beverage, all with attention to detail and style. No detail is too small for Cheryl to manage. She managed the entire registration process for all our attendees which included the creation of goody bags with auction paddles, training volunteers to register guests, and problem-solving as issues came up. The creation of the goody bags was a huge undertaking and Cheryl and her team pulled it off beautifully. There is no doubt in my mind that when Cheryl takes on an event, she gives it her all. Her commitment to going above and beyond and passion for excellence is unmatched.
    In the history of Pratham Austin, we’ve never had a gala that was this successful or this well organized, and much of that had to with Cheryl being at the helm of it.

Sent on 10/30/2016