Opulent Lighting and Design Reviews

Opulent Lighting and Design 5
  • Tanya

Tanya Torres · Married on 10/19/2019

A dream come true...

What can I say! Gina, Ty and the Opulent team are FANTASTIC. They took a raw space with little direction and made my dream wedding come to life. The decor, the details, the draping, lighting, and the list goes on were perfection. All the minor details just made the space magical. I loved working with them and highly recommend them.

Opulent Lighting and Design 6
    Opulent Lighting and Design 7
    Opulent Lighting and Design 8
    Sent on 10/28/2019

Opulent Lighting and Design's reply:

Awww. Thank you so much for trusting us on your special day! We loved working with you both and are so glad that we brought your dream to life!
  • IRAIDA

Iraida · Married on 09/21/2019

Backdrop of our dreams

Gina was amazing since our first communication. She was informative, helpful and flexible throughout the time. Our backdrop came out AMAZING and truly added the touch we were looking for. 100% recommend. Thank you for being a part of our special day!

Sent on 09/29/2019

Opulent Lighting and Design's reply:

Thank you so much! We we're thrilled with how the backdrop looked and cannot wait to see the pictures! Best of everything to you!
  • Bridget

Bridget Bubar · Married on 03/23/2019

beautiful!

Gina and her husband did the lighting for my wedding and went absolutely above and beyond. They were kind, caring, professional, and the job they did was amazing. I got married at my parents home out on the dock in Marco Island, and they created lighting structures and a “ceiling” of lights over the dock and dining areas which seriously was the perfect finishing touch on the event. The palm trees were lit up as well and I cant say enough about how beautiful it was. Without them, I don’t know what we would have done! Once the pictures come back I’ll be sure to upload them. Gina and her team are great, start to finish they were responsive, fun to work with, and willing to make changes if needed. Set-up and breakdown was professional and timely. They even set up a welcome sign and display as a surprise for us at the entrance to my parent’s house, so lovely. Highly recommended and greatly appreciated!

Opulent Lighting and Design 9
    Opulent Lighting and Design 15
    Opulent Lighting and Design 16
    Sent on 03/27/2019

Opulent Lighting and Design's reply:

Thank you Bridget! You are such a sweetheart and it was wonderful working with you and your precious mother! Can't wait to see more pictures !!!
  • elizabeth

elizabeth · Married on 02/16/2019

A dream night

I ended hiring Gina literally last minute, I spent so many nights trying to make my vision come true but honestly the more I thought I was ending super confused. I love art and I am extremely creative but for a wedding I felt it was better to leave it on hands of an expert. Gina was beyond everything I expected. I envisioned a night that made me feel like looking at the "starry night" painting from Van gogh. Everything was incredibly perfect, more importantly my family had an incredible dreamy night.

Opulent Lighting and Design 17
    Sent on 02/27/2019

arlene · Married on 03/31/2018

Absolutely wonderful! Highly recommend them. Very caring and detailed. We were super happy!!

Sent on 04/06/2018

Shelby · Married on 12/02/2017

Gina will help make your wedding a dream come true! With her husband's help they illuminated and decorated our venue too truely wow everyone. you will not be disappointed

Sent on 12/03/2017

Opulent Lighting and Design's reply:

Thank you Shelby! You were a joy to work with!! So blessed to have been part of your day!!

Amanda · Married on 10/27/2017

Gina is amazing!!! She worked with my budget and made my wedding come alive. Beautiful lighting and the draping for my arch and also my bridal table. My decor and lighting was gorgeous! I could not of made a better decision then to have her do my wedding. Absolutely one of the best decisions I made! She is very sweet and if you help her out tell her exactly what you want it will happen. Thank you Gioli's Lighting!! I will always refer to them.

Sent on 01/19/2018

Lauren · Married on 04/02/2016

Incredible! I called her and she immediately was willing to help. Our event needed a fun atmosphere and she had uplighting that did just the trick. Thank you! I highly recommend her wonderful customer service.

Sent on 03/23/2016
  • Juli

Juli · Married on 10/28/2017

1.2
      2.0

Undependable and Lazy

Gina took my already sad wedding day from bad to worse by failing as a lighting company that I depended on for the environment of our reception. We were set up for lighting for an outdoor reception for 5 items: 10 (ten) uplights, string lights on poles, 10 (ten) "water effect lights", 1 (one) monogram floor light, and 5 (five) LED palm tree lights. Much to our dismay, the outdoor wedding was rained out. Gina provided us ONLY ONE part from our FIVE-PART agreement: blue uplights around the room for TWO THOUSAND DOLLARS. Maybe she subbed LED lights for a few extra blue lights around the room. She made absolutely no attempt to include the other things agreed upon, had or made no plan for inclement weather (except to rake in extra cash), she was actually the first vendor that bailed on us, and would not work with the wedding planner to include the other items we paid for. I should have known better when I had to follow up with her multiple times to get back to us with proposals and confirmations.

She only refunded us ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS because SHE forgot or did not order our floor dance light monogram in time. Our reception consisted only of blue uplights. We paid $1,900 for her to provide elementary lighting I could have ordered from Amazon. She made no apologies, not as a person that cares and not as a vendor that completely ripped us off.

We disputed her charge. Not only did we try to be reasonable and only dispute half of the charge so that time spent designing & booking would be covered by the deposit by the $1,000 for her bringing ONLY UPLIGHTS. She referenced a contract we NEVER signed. She lied to the credit card company, and we lost our dispute.

Gina could have been a great vendor that mitigated the poor luck of not being outside by actually delivering on the items that aren't even dependent on being inside (all 5 items could have been set up inside our reception venue at the hotel), she completely scammed and conned us out of our money. We paid $1,900 for blue uplights. Heck, the DJ did more in lighting than she did as a LIGHTING COMPANY. That's it. I highly do not recommend you place any faith in Gina. She is the only vendor we had an issue with, everyone else was fantastic and did what they could for our wedding day.

Opulent Lighting and Design 18
    Sent on 10/28/2019

Katie · Married on 01/05/2018

0.4
      0.5

We hired her to completely set up and completely tear down the reception. On our first meeting with her everything was great. We told her what we wanted, gave her our budget and she said that it would work. We met with her on 3 more occasions. All of which she never could remember what we had discussed at the previous meetings and never had any of her notes or pictures. At our very last meeting together Gina was supposed to have 2 tablescapes set up to review and for me to pick for the reception; she had none. She had a few things in my wedding colors thrown on a table and said that she’ll be using these and that the rest of the stuff was “in the back”. My table scapes were going to be simple just lanterns, babies breath, and tea lights. At one point In the middle of the last meeting she got very upset with us and started crying. I left that meeting feeling so scared. The day of the wedding arrives and my husband, dad, mom and cfamily friend took over decorations that we had gotten from a friend just in case. They all left and were coming back to be with me before the wedding. The friend went over later that afternoon to check on everything and pretty much nothing was done. The table cloths were on with the dinnerware and frames with table numbers. She used some of the lanterns to put behind our sweetheart table which is nothing like what we talked about, put some can lights out, a few white trees and that was it. She left a mess of the bins of decor we left for her to use. Other contracted company’s we used were shocked at how she left the the venue. This was only a few hours before the ceremony was to begin. 10 people missed the ceremony because they were decorating and doing HER job. I found and heard about Gina through wedding wire and a close friend who was going to use her but won’t anymore. Her and her fiancé both missed my ceremony because they were doing her job. At the end of the reception we were left cleaning everything up. I do not recommend.

Opulent Lighting and Design 19