Gina Sole, The Wedding Planner Reviews

33 Reviews for Gina Sole, The Wedding Planner

• Geena

Geena Martucci · Married on 09/28/2019

Incredible

My wedding day was absolute perfection. Reason being, I had the pleasure of having Gina as my Day Of Wedding Planner. The day I met Gina, I just knew everything was going to be nothing short of amazing. Her talent and expertise is beyond words. She knew exactly how to handle every situation. More importantly, she was there every step of the way for whatever I needed, whenever I needed it. She felt like family, and everyone loved her. It's hard not to! She made the day so smooth and fun. At times, I needed that extra calming force - Gina was right by side, assuring me that everything will work out. Turns out she was right :) I can honestly say my wedding day would have not been the same without Gina by my side. Both my husband and I are extremely grateful we were able to spend our special day with Gina. I will never ever forget how amazing she was and how much she contributed to making that day a dream come true.

Sent on 09/29/2019

Catherine H · Married on 08/17/2019

Do yourself the biggest favor, hire Gina and Meg

Gina and Meg are wedding day angels. I decided to research "day of" coordinators because I wanted my family to be able to relax and enjoy the wedding day (my siblings didn't hire planners and they were my inspiration for looking). I didn't want someone who would be pointing at a schedule and ordering people around all day, I just wanted someone who was more like a friend, who could always be one step ahead of us on our wedding day to make sure everything was right. Enter Gina. From our first conversation on the phone, I was sold. Gina is warm, sweet, organized, prepared, and willing to fill whatever role you need on your wedding day.
    The week before our wedding, our timeline for the day changed and Gina recommended having Meg help out as well. I hadn't met Meg before the wedding but by the end of the day, after spending hours walking around in 90 degree heat holding my flower and train between pictures, I felt like Meg and I were best friends.
    I will forever be grateful to both Gina and Meg. They are the reason my husband and I, and my entire family, were able to truly relax enjoy the entire day. They are sweet, organized, fun, professional, and by the end of the day they become family.

Sent on 09/22/2019

Claire · Married on 01/12/2019

Best. Decision. Ever.

Gina was HANDS DOWN the best decision I made during my wedding planning process. To be honest, I was a bit hesitant to hire a day-of coordinator at first because the wedding organizers at our venue (The Logan Hotel) are fantastic. I didn't realize how essential she would be until the day of the wedding. There were so many moments throughout the day where I turned to my mom or to my (now) husband and said "Thank goodness for Gina. What would we have done without her?!" Some examples: 1) During the ketubah signing we realized that we didn't have the special pen with the archival ink and Gina promptly went out to find the correct pen. 2) My wedding shoes were KILLING me after a few hours and Gina found me a more comfortable pair of shoes to change into. 3) One of the toilets in our bathroom wasn't flushing and Gina got it fixed in no time. 4) I got muddy water on my train during my first look and Gina got it out right away. 5) When I started to get a little stressed, Gina was like, "I'm getting you a drink, what do you want?" Gina handled every issue with grace and ease. On any other day I wouldn't think twice about calling maintenance myself, running up to my hotel room to get more comfortable shoes, or getting a stain out... but on my wedding day there was so much going on and otherwise "little" issues became much bigger ones in my head. Do yourself a favor and hire Gina. She is so sweet and personable and she is SO GOOD at what she does. BEST. DECISION. EVER.

Sent on 01/13/2019
  • Dana

Dana Saidler · Married on 11/03/2018

Dana Saidler

Words cannot begin to describe how absolutely incredible both Gina & Meg are! I do not think I would have survived my wedding without having them make everything flawless! I don't know how anyone would ever begin to get married without Gina & Meg. They were always available by phone and e-mail to answer all my crazy questions! My wedding had a very unique timeline and Gina made sure everything went smoothly so we had extra time to relax before the ceremony. There was a lot of wind during pictures and Gina made sure I looked my best by always fixing my hair, dress, veil and helping me walk when my feet were killing me! Gina & Meg even had a foot spray that helped calm my sore feet from taking pictures around Philadelphia all day! Meg was able to help fix my hair and makeup before walking down the aisle and was beside me the entire time! Hiring Gina and Meg was the best decision I ever made in regards to wedding planning! You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 12/23/2018

Alec · Married on 06/30/2018

My husband and I live in Sydney, Australia but since I'm from Philly, we wanted to get married in my hometown and needed help planning everything from across the world. Gina was amazing and after we provided the high level, broad strokes of what we were looking for she arranged everything we needed. She even had contingencies for things we hadn't thought about. All of her hard work remained behind the scenes thereby making the process as painless as we could ever hope for. She was super responsive, and even taking into considering the 14-16 hours time difference, we always got in depth responses quickly, even on the weekends. When we arrived a week before our wedding, there was nothing we could improve.

On our wedding day, we were totally relaxed and had the time of our lives with our guests.

Sent on 07/06/2018

Andrea · Married on 05/19/2018

I literally do not know how anyone gets married without Gina!! We hired Gina for our day- of wedding coordination and it was the best decision we made in the wedding planning! Not only did Gina help with coordinating our vendors and helping with the timeline, she made sure that the whole family and wedding party had everything they needed throughout the whole day and night! Because of Gina, my mom and I were truly able to enjoy the day and relax without worrying about any little details. A few examples of all of the wonderful things Gina did for us: The strap of my dress ripped during the hora- Gina hopped in without missing a beat, pinned me up so I could finish the dance, and then was waiting for me right after to sew me back in! I don't know what I would have done without her - her work was so beautiful and quick you would have never known there was a problem! She also sewed several of our groomsman buttons when they popped off, found a lighter that we remembered we needed last minute for the ceremony, kept track of sentimental items that we used during the ceremony and made sure to bring them back up to our hotel room, and beautifully bustled my complicated dress- I could go on and on! Hire Gina - she is like having a very talented best friend by your side all day :).

Sent on 05/20/2018

Kathryn · Married on 10/14/2017

OH MY GOSH! Words cannot even describe how absolutely incredible Gina and Meg are!!!! They think of absolutely EVERYTHING! As a bride, I tried very hard not to become a bride-zilla... but even with that mindset, I still thought wedding vendors thought I was crazy. Gina is exactly the opposite. She made me feel like all of my requests were reasonable, and went above any beyond to make legitimately everything happen. Some vendors were concerned with city parking, she took care of it seamlessly. On the day of the wedding when we were ready to leave for the church, the bus broke down. Gina didn't hesitate to jump in; she drove my entire bridal party to the church in a flash. Her assistant Meg is just as incredible as she is. Meg kept up with me all day, and was by my side in an instant to hold my flowers, help with my veil, hand me my lip gloss, etc. These women are absolutely destined to be wedding planners and are exceptional at it. You will not regret hiring this team on your wedding day!

Sent on 12/06/2017

Stephanie · Married on 04/29/2017

I can't explain how amazing Gina and Meg were. I hired them for month-of planning. Gina helped me plan all of the last minute timing details perfectly (we were planning around a few other big events in Philly). Gina promptly answered all of my frantic emails and also let me pop in for an extra meeting about scheduling (I am very type-A and she helped tremendously). When I found out the week before my wedding that the venue was starting a massive construction project, Gina was there for me every step of the way to make sure everything worked out. The wedding day went off without a hitch thanks to Gina and Meg for being there every second I needed something. 100% worth the money!!!

Sent on 05/02/2017

Anne · Married on 10/29/2016

I thought the concept of being a guest at your own wedding was a myth. Yet, this was the best wedding I’ve ever been to, and it was my own wedding. Gina knocked this out of the park. Exceeded all my expectations.

I hired Gina for day-of coordination and 10 hours of wedding planning. It was perfect for me because I’m an intense planner, but I knew there were some aspects of the wedding I didn’t care to do the heavy researching on myself. It was a huge time saver, and removed stress being able to reach out to Gina and say, “do you know a florist in my price range” or “where can we get our make up done in Philly that we can trust," especially planning from NYC.

Gina is really warm, friendly, really has it together, and she is a BOSS. My wedding had a lot of moving parts and a very unique timeline. Gina kept everything flowing smoothly through the day, and our ceremony started on time! One of my bridesmaids told me right before the ceremony started that she has never been to a wedding that has started on time.

She also took great care of my guests and my family, and solved several little hiccups that popped up without anyone noticing anything was wrong.

WeddingWire has a character limit, so I'm going to summarize the rest though I want to write more. Overall, my groom and I, and even my wedding party had a stress-free, joyful day. Everyone had the best time, and several guests told us after the wedding its the best wedding they have ever been to.

Sent on 11/02/2016

Andrea · Married on 10/08/2016

I am not quite sure where to start with Gina. Our wedding definitely would not have been what it was if it weren't for her. She was there to help reassure me with all of my decisions from start to finish. To navigate the challenges with divorced parents and help to create a day that was special and meaningful for everyone involved.
    She was always available via email to me and my fiance should we have any questions. I called her frequently to iron out various details leading up to our big day, and she was always helping me to execute all of the things that I wanted. She was able to keep me calm throughout all of the stresses of the process and I cannot thank her enough for that.
    I heard that you should hire a wedding planner that is someone you would be friends with, and that is truly the relationship that we built. It was easy and effortless and made it very easy for me to trust her and explain to her all of the things I was trying to create for the wedding. She goes above and beyond to make sure that everything runs smoothly and is there for all of the last minute hiccups. I cannot thank her enough and HIGHLY recommend her.

Sent on 12/28/2016

Kate · Married on 09/04/2016

I got engaged November of 2015. Right away my parents and I decided that we needed to find a wedding planner. My mom had started a new job so she was working long hours and my dad travels a lot. I couldn't do this on my own so we started to do our research. We found Gina on this website and saw all the great reviews. I called right away to schedule a meeting and get more information on what she offers. From that very first phone call I felt so comfortable with Gina and as if I had known her for a long time. After meeting her, I was even more excited to start working with Gina and felt great about our decision to hire her! I just got married on Sunday, September 4th. From the day we met to my wedding day, she has been on call for me and answered every single one of my emails (there were a lot!), and she was always available to see me if needed. Gina came with us to all of my appointments and already had a florist, hair and makeup girls reserved for me which were all just perfect! She was there to help every step of the way and I couldn't be more happy with her service and all the help and support she showed us! She is just a gem! Her assistant Meg was also amazing! I only met her on my wedding day but she was there from beginning to end with anything I needed and helped carry my wedding dress during hours of photos :). Now that the wedding is over I can say that I miss talking to Gina every day and even my mom misses her and says "I miss Gina, I feel like I lost a friend"! I am so lucky to have found her and if you are looking for a wedding planner, do yourself a favor and look no further. Gina is the best!

Sent on 09/10/2016

Helen · Married on 09/04/2016

Oh sure! You can plan your wedding yourself, or can you?
    Just think about it, venue, florist, photographer, videographer, band or Dj, etc., etc. Of course you can do it, starting with countless research on Internet, read the reviews and go through the process of interviewing these vendors. However it is a lot more to do and you should be able to cross it off the endless list by putting it in a capable hands of a professional planner.
    Trust us, you need a planner, experienced, reputable and the one you can fully trust and rely on. And please, do yourself a huge favor, look no further, Gina Sole, instyleplanners.com (they really mean it, in style! Does not matter what your style and a vision for your perfect wedding). Every time when a anxiety builds up and you feel like you are getting overwhelmed, a short email with immediate returned mail from Gina put back a calmness and assurance that everything is under control and will be just fine.
    We, parents of the bride, do not even know where to begin or thank you!
    Thank you for understanding our concerns and make our vision a reality!
    Thank you for accepting us the way we are and never judge our ideas or culture!
    Thank you for making our kids wedding perfect! Yes, perfect!
    Thank you for making the entire process fun? We will always talk about it with a smile on our faces!
    And of course Thank you for your PATIENCE!
    We really feel that you become part of our family and we wish that we will continue our relationship.

Sent on 09/11/2016

Caitlin · Married on 08/06/2016

Gina was the best and easily exceeded all my expectations. I am not going to lie, I am one of those people that plan everything. So when my parents told me they were hiring a wedding planner I wanted to die as we had 10 bridesmaids and 10 groomsmen. I went with my parents to meet Gina and the moment I met her, I fell in love with her. I actually told my parents I wanted her to be my best friend! Throughout the wedding planning, she reassured my parents, gave them advice when needed, and called all my venders the week before the wedding. On the big day, Gina helped in every way possible. While getting ready, she brought a tool to button up my wedding dress and then made sure the photographer got a photo of my Mom "buttoning up my dress." She was always right there whenever I needed something and/or had a question. She even remembered the little details. My husband gave me a bracelet that I have worn every day since he gave it to me. I did not want to wear it for my ceremony but wanted to put on for my reception. Without Gina, I would not have remembered to put it back on and I would have been so upset! Thank goodness for Gina! She also went around the city with my husband and I to take photos. The next morning, I woke up going through my phone and as I did not have my phone one me the entire night, I did not have any pictures of my husband and I from our wedding day. After looking in my email, I was so happy that Gina had taken a few photos of us and sent them to me! What a great thing to wake up to! Thank you Gina for being the best of the best!!!

Sent on 07/26/2017

Basia · Married on 06/11/2016

We hired Meg to be our day of wedding planner to help us throughout the day after a friend's recommendation . I don't know how i would have survived my wedding day without Meg (works with Gina Sole). Meg was invaluable to us on our wedding day. From the moment she stepped into my room while I was getting ready until she left she didn't stop moving or helping us with every little thing we needed. You need scissors? She's got them! Need band-aids, she's got those too! Meg helped me every step of the way and made sure to get me for all the special moments i asked her to throughout the wedding. Meg and Gina are the best investment you can make for your wedding. I met both of them when we went over all the details for my wedding and both Meg and Gina and very sweet, they listen and they really care- to conclude, you are in great hands with either Meg or Gina!

Sent on 07/13/2016

Christi · Married on 06/11/2016

I hired Gina to be my full service planner about a year and half from the wedding date. From the first meeting, Gina made my now husband and I very comfortable. She was able to provide us with many different choices for every aspect of our wedding from venue, florists, caterers, etc. If it were not for her we would have not had most of our vendors (of which we loved all of them). She was always responsive, professional and around when I needed her. I never worried about anything getting done on time or in the way I would do it myself during the whole process. When it came to the day of, everyone involved in the wedding party was able to sit back and enjoy every aspect of the day. If anything went wrong that day, we never knew it. The only part of the process that was bad, is that now it is over. If you are questioning hiring a planner, DON'T! It is worth every penny! And if you want to have a worry free process and easy day of, Gina should be your choice!

Sent on 08/05/2016

Lisa · Married on 05/29/2016

Gina, to quote my now mother-in-law, is a "true gem!" We hired Gina as our day-of coordinator for our May, 2016 wedding. She is an absolute professional with years of wedding experience around the trip-state area--one of the reasons we were drawn to Gina was that she had previously worked with both our reception venue and our slightly quirky ceremony space. From beginning to end, interactions with her were effortless. She was super responsive and was so accommodating of our schedules. Gina knew just what questions to ask as we discussed the details of our wedding day and was always willing to answer any questions I had outside of our meetings. She was indispensible during the flurry of overwhelming last minute conversation that went on the week before the wedding.

On the big day, Gina always seemed to be right there when I had a question or needed a hand. She kept us on schedule, pinned on boutonnières, held up my train, had an endless supply of bobby pins for my long veil on a windy day, and somehow managed to find a corkscrew to open our kosher wine right before our ceremony. When we returned to the hotel after our ceremony and photos, Gina took us into our reception space for a peek at the set up. I loved having this private view of the ballroom and my husband and I even ran through a few steps of our first dance. Without Gina, we would have just rushed off to cocktail hour and never would have experienced this special moment. Gina also effortlessly bustled my dress, erasing another potential worry.

And that was just what I noticed! Being a detailed-oriented, planning-obsessed person myself, I believed I had thought of everything, and we almost didn't hire a coordinator. But heeding the advice of brides before me, we did, and I am so grateful. No matter how well you plan, something unexpected will come up. Gina quickly eased any potentially stressful situations for us and the day was a wonderfully joyful blur. Thank you Gina!!

Sent on 08/17/2016
  • F

Fran · Married on 07/18/2015

We were blessed to find Gina just a couple of months before our son's wedding! With the bride in Thailand and the groom in California, planning the wedding in Philadelphia
    was challenging. When we met Gina for the first time we felt like we had known her forever. She is a very special person, with such warmth and sincerity . Gina's attention to detail is impressive and she managed all of the vendors with such ease. On the day of the wedding she completely organized the day . Everyone, including the bride and groom, were able to relax and enjoy every moment knowing Gina was there. We truly could not imagine anyone more perfect!

Sent on 07/30/2015

Theresa · Married on 05/29/2015

My husband, a business in the Yacht Industry, coupled with my background in the Hospitality Industry.....we appreciate detail and reliability. Gina nailed it. She too went above and beyond with her attenion to things that are so easily missed during such a magical time. I would do it again, with Gina on board. The same groom as well. ??

Sent on 12/08/2015

Caitlin · Married on 11/21/2014

Gina & Meg made our wedding day so smooth and enjoyable

Sent on 12/05/2014

Allison · Married on 11/15/2014

My mom hired Gina as for her day-of coordinating services, since she truly wanted to enjoy my wedding day instead of being the point person for our vendors. I thought this was a great package, as we got much more than just day-of services. Included in our package were two meetings with Gina: on the first, we discussed vendors and timelines for my dress and my bridesmaids' dresses; on the second, we firmed up the timeline for the trolley and the reception, which was enormously helpful. As another part of the package, Gina called all of the vendors the week before the wedding. WOW! At that point, such a task would have overwhelmed me. On the day of our wedding, Gina floated back and forth between the church and my parents' house. She put body tape on me, coordinated our entrances, and generally made sure that everything went off without a hitch. She largely made herself invisible the day of, but she was always easy to find if I needed her. It was very reassuring having her there.

Sent on 01/02/2015

Sandra · Married on 11/08/2014

Gina is a lifesaver! Truly AMAZING!!

Gina was our coordinator for our November, 2014 wedding. After the first meeting with her we felt as if we had known her forever. Our 2nd meeting with her a few months later (the week before the wedding) was like meeting up with an old friend. Gina just has a way of making people feel comfortable.

The week of the wedding I emailed her with questions/concerns regarding last minute details. She emailed back immediately, instantly alleviating my anxiety.
    The day of the wedding Gina came to the hotel where we were getting our hair and makeup done, to pick up my gown, shoes, rings, etc and bring them to the venue for the photographer to get a head start taking photographs in the bridal suite prior to my arrival. Once I arrived at the venue to get dressed, she did not leave my side until the ceremony started - she held the back of my gown up while I was taking pictures, carried my lipstick for touch-ups, and countless other things. Gina made sure the ceremony ran smoothly - ensured that the bridesmaids had their flowers, the groomsmen had their boutineers, the best man had the rings, and that everyone was lined up in the correct order and knew where to go. Once the ceremony was over she bustled my gown beautifully! During the reception she kept asking me if I needed anything. Gina even brought things back to our hotel room from the wedding venue, so that we would have less to carry. We were actually able to relax on the day of the wedding because of her, which is priceless!

Gina does her job in a professional and personable manner. She is effective without being pushy, which is not always the norm when it comes to wedding coordinators. In fact, when we mentioned her name to our vendors (the band leader, florist, photographer, videographer, and manager of the wedding venue), each one smiled and spoke very positively about her. I could go on and on about Gina! She is worth every penny!!

Sent on 11/30/2014

Chelsea · Married on 08/09/2014

Having Gina on our side for our big day was the best decision we made for the wedding. Gina was incredible. From the emotional support, to the willingness and flexibility, Gina was just amazing. Not to mention all the preparedness and organization she brings to the table.
    Gina helped us on the day of and for our rehearsal. She was ready to help and do anything it took to support me on my big day. More importantly, in the end, I felt like Gina was a friend! I would recommend Gina to anyone.

Sent on 08/11/2014

rebecca · Married on 06/22/2014

No one kept me more calm and sane leading up to the wedding than Gina Sole! Her genuine passion shines through her work and she really takes the time to get to know and understand the bride and groom. Thank you, Gina, for answering our countless emails, meeting with us, and helping the day run so smoothly. We couldn't have had our wedding without you! You're a life saver!

Sent on 06/11/2015

Marisa · Married on 11/09/2013

You instantly adore her from the moment you meet her. She truly cares about you and making sure everything runs smoothly on your wedding day. She knew all of my vendors and made sure everything was perfect. During my outdoor wedding photos, Gina was holding up my dress making sure it was pristine when I walked down that aisle! My wedding went flawlessly and I have her to thank!

Sent on 11/26/2013
  • Meghan

Meghan · Married on 06/01/2013

Gina was so amazing and I'm so glad I hired her for my day of planner. She kept everything stress free and made sure everything was perfect. I was so happy with my decision in choosing her!!!

Sent on 06/11/2013