Garden Room of Eden Prairie Reviews

19 | Eden Prairie, MN

19 Reviews for Garden Room of Eden Prairie

Danielle · Married on 06/14/2014

We had our ceremony and reception at the garden room. It was amazing not only is the space perfect and beautiful but the management team is so helpful and great at what they do. Amber was so easy to work with and made my day that much more special. I would highly recommend this place!!!

Sent on 09/06/2014

Cindy surpassed all our expectations. What happened to be a blip in our plans at the time, she went above and beyond to keep everyone calm while over-exceeding in solution management skills. Our event was perfect and we even made our gluten free guests happy with special requests to accommodate them. It was beautiful with all the lights and plants. Everyone should be booking out this venue, it was absolutely perfect.

Sent on 07/08/2013

Amy · Married on 04/20/2013

Best place for our wedding! Cindy made our whole wedding experience flawless and smooth!! We are still floating on cloud nine and will for years and years to come!!

Sent on 04/22/2013

My husband and I had our reception at the Garden Room of Eden Prairie. 1. The room was BEAUTIFUL, open, and spacious, not much decor was needed as there are lights and plants everywhere along with an entire wall of windows. Cindy was very knowledgeable, experienced, friendly, and professional. She had referrals for any type of service we might need. The staff there went above and beyond during our event to make sure that our guests were satisfied with their meals and even made adjustments to meals on the spot according to allergies that we were unaware of. The food was delicious, we had many compliments on how good their meal was, and large portions! Compared to many other venues, the pricing was VERY manageable. I would definitely recommend the Garden Room, we had a WONDERFUL time there working with Cindy and the rest of the staff and celebrating our marriage with our family and friends!

Sent on 04/09/2013

Ami · Married on 11/10/2012

Cindy was fabulous to work with! She helped our wedding be absolutely perfect. The food was phenominal!! We got several compliments on the food. This was a beautiful setting that did not require a whole lot of decorating (of coarse we still decorated quite a bit.) Everything you would need was included (tables, linens, dishes, silverware, mirrors, vases, votive holders). The only outside vendor we needed was for the chair covers and pipe/draping for the hallway. I would definitely recommend this venue to anyone looking for a budget friendly but beautiful venue for your special event!

Sent on 11/27/2012

Jess · Married on 09/29/2012

The Garden Room is an AMAZING place to have your wedding/reception or just your reception. Cindy is phenomenal!!! She is very friendly and attentive to your needs !! She's so easy to get a hold of via phone or email. She's truly excited for you and to help you with your big day!!! The Venue is gorgeous... The wide open space with the floor length windows lets in natural light and you hardly need to decorate... The draping and some uplights is all we really had and it was pefect!!! The food is DELICIOUS!!! Alot of people get leery and I've heard this before " It's easy to make a small plate for sampling, but then when you get to the wedding the food isn't as good." That is not the case with The Garden Room. What you sample, is what you get : Delicious Warm Food!!! The cost is very reasonable and the food/beverage minimum is very competitive to other venues we looked at!! The whole experience exceeded my expectations and I would gladly recommend The Garden Room to anyone who is getting married or looking to host a formal party!!!

Sent on 10/16/2012

Nicole · Married on 09/08/2012

I absolutely loved working with Cindy, at the Garden Room. She was on top of everything, not only day of, but everything leading up to the event. She was a plessure to work with.
    I had both my ceremony and reception at The Garden Room and the transition went very smoothly. They definitely know what they are doing there. it was a great team! I loved every minute of my day and I would not change a thing.

Sent on 02/12/2013
  • User2141941 · 2+ years ago

We had our reception at the Garden Room- what a hidden gem this place is! We had TONS of room and everyone loved it. Lots of windows, so it seems as if you're outside!

Sent on 09/06/2012

Molly · Married on 07/21/2012

Every girl dreams of her wedding day. The real life fairy tale day - I can truly say that July 21st, 2012 was the best day of my life!
    I know that it was that way because of Cindy Walker and The Garden Room. Cindy was outstanding to work with. She put all my fears, jitters, and doubts to rest and I had no worries at all after just our first meeting. She is extremely knowledgeable and has very creative idea to fit any budget. The reception was beautiful, the food was wonderful and everything was so well executed even down to the smallest detail. Our wedding was over two months ago and I am still getting calls about how awesome our reception was. I owe that all to Cindy and the Garden Room. I will definitely plan another big party there!

Sent on 10/11/2012

Amy · Married on 07/08/2012

We LOVED the Garden Room. We were an out of state couple and even booked the Garden Room site unseen - that's how sure we were! After booking, we were able to make a trip out prior to the wedding and we knew we had made the right choice. Cindy is unbelievably helpful, answering promptly to my numerous emails and phone calls even if it was simply a "I'll look into it for you" so she helped me stay a very calm and happy bride. The place itself is beautiful, they are so efficient at switching room from ceremony to reception, and the food was so great. We literally had people tell us it was the nicest place they had been to for a wedding and a lot of rave reviews on the food.

Sent on 07/25/2012

Tammy · Married on 06/23/2012

Cindy was a joy to work with. There are so many options to make the day unique and special for the couple. I heard from so many guests that we had the charm of an outdoor wedding with the air conditioning of being inside!

Sent on 02/06/2013

Lisa · Married on 06/02/2012

Cindy Walker was great to work with at the Garden Room. Everything was handled very professionally. Cindy also has a lot of contacts in the wedding industry and can give you suggestions in the rest of your planning. Overall a great experience. Also if you live or work in Eden Prairie you can get the room at a discount!

Sent on 02/02/2013

Karen · Married on 08/18/2012

Not only was this venue gorgeous (we had several people comment that it was one of the most beautiful venues they've been in), but planning with the staff was a breeze. They were helpful, and Cindy was full of ideas and resources. Cindy gave great recommendations for a DJ and for ideas on how to organize things. The whole staff was experienced and helped everything go smoothly.

The shape of the room also made a large event feel more intimate. The different levels and alcoves made guests feel more special than being one of hundreds in a large generic ballroom. And the value can't be beat. So many things were inlcuded and the prices were very reasonable. I'm sure we couldn't have gotten the same experience anywhere else for such a great price!

Sent on 02/01/2013

Nicole · Married on 09/15/2018

We loved having our wedding at the Garden Room of Eden Prairie! All of our guests were wowed with the venue! It felt as though we had an outdoor ceremony with the comfort of the indoors. We cannot say enough good things about the caterers and staff, they made our day better than imagined!

Sent on 10/09/2018

Garden Room of Eden Prairie's reply:

Thank you for your kind words, we loved being a part of your special day!

Cheers!
    Mintahoe Team

Kristen · Married on 09/09/2011

3.5

Cindy was really great to work with even though she had only been with the Garden Room for a couple of weeks before my wedding. I LOVED the reception space and it turned out FABULOUS the day of the wedding. She and her staff were very accomodating to changes and my needs throughout the planning process and on the day of the wedding. I had no complaints and would definitely tell anyone I know to consider this beautiful hidden gem!

Sent on 11/30/2011

Robyn · Married on 05/25/2013

3.5

Cindy was always very helpful and responsive to our needs. We all had a wonderful wedding and the guests were all complimentary of the beautiful setting, large dance floor and the food.

Sent on 06/04/2013

3.4
      3.5

The venue itself has lots of natural beauty! The food was fantastic, although we were told that they had to "pull extra meals" when we didn't even have all of our guests show up. There was also a seating issue with a family that didn't need to be an issue, and I wish it could have been taken care of without disruption. The prices are right on, the staff is professional and kind, all in all it was a great location to host a wedding reception. Our guests have continued to talk about how great everything turned out!

Sent on 04/22/2013

2.8
      2.5
      2.0

To be honest, I feel like I got what I paid for. However, that doesn't mean I'm not disappointed. The Garden Room is a beautiful venue and requires little decorating and preparation. Compared to some other venues the prices are very fair without being outrageous for a location with such an awesome set up for a wedding. The coordinator, Cindy, seemed awesome to work with at first, then I started to get the impression she did not have much time for me. On the day of our set up she arrived late and we needed to wait for her to get the table linens out of storage. Then, she was giving tours pretty much the entire time up until we actually began our ceremony rehearsal. It was a little frustrating, but I understand she needs to show the venue. I just wish it hadn't been to SO many people. On my wedding day, things went OK. The microphone didn't work at the ceremony which was a bummer, but we survived. We did have to pay to use it, which stinks considering it didn't work. The real fiasco was the cake! We had ordered more than enough to serve our guests (including a sheet cake and tiered cake). Her staff only served the sheet cake and left my entire 200 serving tiered cake untouched. Several tables did not get any cake including the head table. I didn't realize this until we came to do clean up the next day and saw that my tiered cake was still sitting there. Also, there were a couple of times during the evening where I needed to ask Cindy's staff a question, and they were very unhelpful. They almost acted like I shouldn't be speaking to them. Several of my guests said the staff were a little rude as well. Bottom line: I would recommend the Garden Room because it is beautiful and a great value. Just keep in mind that Cindy, as helpful as she tried to be, is also very busy. I think this is the case with any venue, but don't assume that your coordinator will take care of every little detail for you. I'm just sad that this meant I had to bring home over $800 of wedding cake.

Sent on 07/01/2013

2.8
      2.0
      2.5

I LOVED the venue! The atmosphere is one of a kind and it's a beautiful place to have a wedding. I would definitely recommend The Garden Room, except I did have a couple let downs. Cindy was extremely nice and helpful throughout the entire planning process, however the day before my wedding we were told we cold start setting up our reception decorations at noon. We did as much as we could without Cindy, but she didn't show up until after 2pm and I had to be at church at 3pm for our rehearsal. Needless to say it was very stressful because we couldn't set out any of the table linens or centerpieces until Cindy arrived (the linens were locked up). Once she did arrive, she was meeting with a prospective couple about the venue and really had no time for us. The other disappointment was regarding the food. We had ordered one kind of chicken for our plated meal, but what was served was an entirely different type of chicken. I would have been completely fine with this if Cindy had told me that they ran out of what we requested, or whatever the case was, but there was no acknowledgement or apology. Regardless of those setbacks, our reception was amazing and we really did enjoy the venue. Just be cautious because it seems like Cindy is overbooked and doesn't have enough time to take care of everything herself.

Sent on 01/31/2013